HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,596
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, 2 invisible), 2,957 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
What will we take to heaven....?? #181592
10/07/16 11:20 PM
10/07/16 11:20 PM
Rick H  Offline
OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
I was thinking over all the things that we have to get rid of before we go to heaven and they were too numerous, jealousy, pride, anger, just keep going from there.

So then I turned it around and went over what we truly need to have to take with us to heaven and came across what seems to stand out, one of which of course is our physical bodies which will be transformed. So what are the other things we will take....?

SOP gives us a heads up...

The traits of character you cherish in life will not be changed by death or by the resurrection. You will come up from the grave with the same disposition you manifested in your home and in society. Jesus does not change the character at His coming. The work of transformation must be done now. Our daily lives are determining our destiny. Defects of character must be repented of and overcome through the grace of Christ, and a symmetrical character must be formed while in this probationary state, that we may be fitted for the mansions above. 13MR 82

The Bible says it in many different ways but here is my favorite....

1 Corinthians 13:1-10King James Version (KJV)

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

Re: What will we take to heaven....?? [Re: Rick H] #181595
10/08/16 12:36 AM
10/08/16 12:36 AM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
Originally Posted By: Rick H
The traits of character you cherish in life will not be changed by death or by the resurrection. You will come up from the grave with the same disposition you manifested in your home and in society. Jesus does not change the character at His coming. The work of transformation must be done now. Our daily lives are determining our destiny. Defects of character must be repented of and overcome through the grace of Christ, and a symmetrical character must be formed while in this probationary state, that we may be fitted for the mansions above. 13MR 82

Fortunately, this is God's work (Phil. 1:6) and not in my job description.

"Our vision is often more obstructed by what we think we know than by our lack of knowledge." K. Stendahl
Re: What will we take to heaven....?? [Re: Rick H] #181601
10/09/16 02:01 AM
10/09/16 02:01 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
True it is God's work to transform our characters,
however, we are not robots with nothing to do concerning this, God gave us a mind to choose.
Do we choose to place our wills under (in submission to) God's will, or will we insist on doing things our own way?
God does not force the transformation, but if we are willing and daily submit self to Him, He will lead us into the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.

Re: What will we take to heaven....?? [Re: dedication] #181606
10/09/16 01:02 PM
10/09/16 01:02 PM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
Originally Posted By: dedication
Do we choose to place our wills under (in submission to) God's will, or will we insist on doing things our own way?

At the risk of derailing this thread as well, I will make a small comment:

I choose to place my will under (in submission to) God's will as I understand His will and not as someone tells me it is,

"Our vision is often more obstructed by what we think we know than by our lack of knowledge." K. Stendahl
Re: What will we take to heaven....?? [Re: Nadi] #181607
10/09/16 05:40 PM
10/09/16 05:40 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Nadi

I choose to place my will under (in submission to) God's will as I understand His will and not as someone tells me it is,

Good -- we are to seek God's will for our lives not depend on ministers or other people's opinions.
But now -- how do we know God's will?

Too many depend upon their feelings --
but according to scripture:

Jer. 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
17:15 Behold, they say unto me, Where is the word of the LORD? let it come now.

Rev. 1:3 Blessed is he that reads, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Re: What will we take to heaven....?? [Re: dedication] #181609
10/09/16 05:54 PM
10/09/16 05:54 PM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
Also according to scripture:

John 16:13 "But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come."

John 14:16 "And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever--"

John 6:45 "It is written in the Prophets: 'They will all be taught by God.' Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me."

So I'm not sure why one would advocate there is another essential component other than 1) the Holy Spirit and 2)Scripture. All others are suspect and not to be trusted. They can be helpful, but they are not essential.

Re: What will we take to heaven....?? [Re: Rick H] #181611
10/09/16 07:02 PM
10/09/16 07:02 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
O.K. so we do not derail the subject let's see --

Do scriptures tell us that our characters need to be transformed before we can enter God's glorious kingdom, or will God magically transform them at the second coming?

Now I know if one poster here, Elle, joins this conversation she claims everyone will be saved eventually, if they don't change now, God will see to it that they will be changed sometime in eternity.
But most of the rest of us here do not believe that.

Most of the rest of us posting on this forum, believe our present life on earth is probationary time -- the time we chose salvation from sin through Jesus, or to remain in sin and lose out eternity.

Quote:
1 Cor. 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
6:11 And such were some of you: but you are washed, but you are sanctified, but you are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Gal. 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Romans 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Joshua 24:15... choose you this day whom ye will serve; ... as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

What do you believe?

Re: What will we take to heaven....?? [Re: dedication] #181613
10/09/16 10:20 PM
10/09/16 10:20 PM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
I'm not real sure what you're flogging here, but let me clarify a few points from the way I see it.

We don't chose salvation, we chose Jesus.
We don't take anything to heaven, Jesus takes us.

...characters need to be transformed...
That is in God's job description.

...life on earth is probationary time...

As mentioned in the "probation" thread, this concept needs fleshing out, because I'm not finding a lot of support for this idea. People seem to use the term a lot assuming that everyone else "knows what they mean." In reality it does not seem to have a real clear definition.

"Probation" has 2 meanings:
1)the release of an offender from detention, subject to a period of good behavior under supervision.

and/or

2)the process or period of testing or observing the character or abilities of a person in a certain role, for example, a new employee.

Neither of these two seem to fit with "salvation theory" for lack of a better term.

So offer up your definition of "probation" and how/when/why it closes.

btw, we are now officially derailed. grin

Re: What will we take to heaven....?? [Re: Rick H] #181620
10/10/16 04:38 AM
10/10/16 04:38 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Choosing Jesus is choosing salvation.
There is no salvation anywhere else.

I will try to explain what is meant when we use the term
"time of probation" in spiritual terms.
It's probably closest to your first definition but not identical.

We are all offenders under the sentence of death, thanks to Adam plunging the human race into rebellion against God, as well as due to our sins.

Without Christ's "plan of salvation" there would be no hope, everyone would die and that would be the end of the human race.

But thanks to Christ's sacrifice we, the offenders are released from that eternal death sentence and given a period of grace in which we have the opportunity to choose Christ.

We are given a short life here on earth to accept Christ and invite Him into our lives to free us not only from guilt and the penalty of sin, but also from the power of sin, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. This is the time of probation.

Once probation closes -- either at death, or just prior to the second coming at the end of this earth's sinful history, there is no more opportunity to change our "salvation status". We are either fully committed to Christ and assured of salvation, or we are following the rebel, Satan, in rebellion to Christ and His laws, and thus have rejected salvation and eternal life.

Re: What will we take to heaven....?? [Re: dedication] #181624
10/10/16 12:40 PM
10/10/16 12:40 PM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
Choosing Jesus is choosing salvation.

True. But choosing salvation is not necessarily choosing Jesus.

There is no salvation anywhere else.

That's why we choose Jesus, not salvation.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!