HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,566
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 11
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (ProdigalOne, Daryl, dedication, 3 invisible), 2,160 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17
Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: Nadi] #181683
10/21/16 01:37 AM
10/21/16 01:37 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Nadi
Astonishingly fanciful "interpretation."
All of which is (apparently) based on a single verse, since no other verses were offered.

Which is why I am skeptical of any doctrine which rests on one verse alone.

The synopsis was short and to the point. Before going to the extreme to condemn the post in question as fanciful, it would have been better to have asked if there were any other texts to confirm the information. But since this information has been presented in this thread with many other texts, the evidence has been given long before the posting in question was shared.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: His child] #181685
10/21/16 02:06 AM
10/21/16 02:06 AM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
Originally Posted By: His child
The synopsis was short and to the point. Before going to the extreme to condemn the post in question as fanciful, it would have been better to have asked if there were any other texts to confirm the information. But since this information has been presented in this thread with many other texts, the evidence has been given long before the posting in question was shared.

Yea...Sorry, His Child.
I have, however, spent quite a bit of time reading various posts and threads, not just this entire thread but others also, and, well, I have to say that most of your posts are really pretty fanciful. Nothing you have said so far has convinced me of anything.

Really...Sorry.
dunno

"Our vision is often more obstructed by what we think we know than by our lack of knowledge." K. Stendahl
Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: Nadi] #181686
10/21/16 12:36 PM
10/21/16 12:36 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA

Yea...Sorry, His Child.
I have, however, spent quite a bit of time reading various posts and threads, not just this entire thread but others also, and, well, I have to say that most of your posts are really pretty fanciful. Nothing you have said so far has convinced me of anything.

Really...Sorry.
dunno

The Scripture says that the wise will understand.
Until God's appointed time, we do well to study and pray.
Then we will see without a doubt what is fanciful and what is truth.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: His child] #181687
10/22/16 12:17 AM
10/22/16 12:17 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
His Child wrote;

"The origin of the beasts has been changed from sea to earth.
The fourth beast now has brass nails-- not mentioned in the vision.
The beasts are cited as KINGS (a word that occurs in the Bible about 2800 times in either Aramaic or Hebrew and with 5 exceptions it is KING(s) never kingdoms."

Your first statement about the origin of the beasts changing is incorrect. We changed from the vision to the interpretation. Consequently, we changed from the symbolic to the literal.

The interpretation is what it is an interpretation. Someone in Heaven gave the interpretation as "earth" Thus to understand what Heaven is speaking of, we must understand what the earth is. In Revelation 13, earth is identified as the uninhabited area that we understand to be the United states.

So the question for each one to decide for themselves "Is the earth in Heaven's interpretation in Daniel 7:17 the literal earth or the symbolic earth?"

As far as the brass nails in Daniel 7:19, I have never thought on these before, but, they could be left over from Greece. Greece was represented by brass in Daniel 2.

True that is, BUT the brass is an added feature in the interpretation that is not mentioned in the vision.

Daniel 7:23 says the fourth beast represents the fourth "kingdom" on the earth. And this is after Daniel 7:17 where the term "four kings" was used. So, I believe the Bible is clear that beast and king both mean kingdom.

That is not necessarily true. Most if not all English translations say that, but the word in the original language is also translated reign, which is consistent with Heaven's depiction that the 4 beasts are 4 kings. The KJV translators knew the 4 kingdom meaning and used it as a model to choose the word kingdom in 7:23.

If they had understood the endtime presidents, they would most likely used the word reign and not contradicted Heaven's interpretation given in 7:17

The bottom line is if we rightly divide the word of God, we will be approved of God.

It is up to the Holy Spirit to impress truth on each soul.

I have told you how I read it and why. But you are not responsible for how I read it unless I am reading it correctly.

His child wrote;

"The interpretation is what it is an interpretation. Someone in Heaven gave the interpretation as "earth" Thus to understand what Heaven is speaking of, we must understand what the earth is. In Revelation 13, earth is identified as the uninhabited area that we understand to be the United states.

So the question for each one to decide for themselves "Is the earth in Heaven's interpretation in Daniel 7:17 the literal earth or the symbolic earth?"" (bold emphasis mine)

That is the question! But, it shouldn't be. The symbol of the sea (Rev. 19:15) is the populated part of the earth. A part of the earth where most of what God is addressing is taking place. That would be Europe and the Middle Eastern part of the world to start with. We know it all started with Babylon in Daniel's life time and ends up in Europe until the last days when the USA comes onto the scene. The last days aren't covered in much detail in Daniel 7 though.

Also, we don't need to compare every detail with Revelation 13. Even though they go together, they are not the same prophecy! Revelation 13 does cover more of the last days than Daniel 7.

His child wrote;

"That is not necessarily true. Most if not all English translations say that, but the word in the original language is also translated reign, which is consistent with Heaven's depiction that the 4 beasts are 4 kings. The KJV translators knew the 4 kingdom meaning and used it as a model to choose the word kingdom in 7:23.

If they had understood the endtime presidents, they would most likely used the word reign and not contradicted Heaven's interpretation given in 7:17

The bottom line is if we rightly divide the word of God, we will be approved of God.

It is up to the Holy Spirit to impress truth on each soul.

I have told you how I read it and why. But you are not responsible for how I read it unless I am reading it correctly."

H4437

1. royalty, reign, kingdom
a) royalty, kingship, kingly authority
b) kingdom
c) realm (of territory)
d) reign (of time)

The context clearly lends to kingdom, or realm or territory.

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: dedication] #181688
10/22/16 12:45 AM
10/22/16 12:45 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
I would also like to mention that reign as it pertains to time could also be part of the understanding of H4437 in Daniel 7:23. A kingdom also reigns for a time in history.

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: His child] #181699
10/22/16 04:10 PM
10/22/16 04:10 PM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada

True.

It also says:
"The Spirit will lead you into all truth" John 16:13

and:
"...having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people." 11 Tim.3:5

and:
"For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear." 11 Tim. 4:3

and:
"Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth." 11 Tim. 2:15

So you see that what Scripture says is less important than what we say it says and how we understand what it says.

"Our vision is often more obstructed by what we think we know than by our lack of knowledge." K. Stendahl
Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: Alchemy] #181733
10/26/16 12:16 AM
10/26/16 12:16 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA

The context clearly lends to kingdom, or realm or territory.

Then Heaven statement " These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth" Daniel 7:17 is explaining the territory that the kings come from, i.e., the USA,

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: Alchemy] #181734
10/26/16 12:23 AM
10/26/16 12:23 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
I would also like to mention that reign as it pertains to time could also be part of the understanding of H4437 in Daniel 7:23. A kingdom also reigns for a time in history.

That is true. Daniel 12: 4 & 9 "But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased... And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end."

" But since 1798 the book of Daniel has been unsealed, knowledge of the prophecies has increased, and many have proclaimed the solemn message of the Judgment near." {GC88 356.2}

Since "A kingdom also reigns for a time in history." it is obvious that the time for these kingdoms was after 1798 when the prophecy was unsealed.

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: Nadi] #181735
10/26/16 12:28 AM
10/26/16 12:28 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA

True.

It also says:
"The Spirit will lead you into all truth" John 16:13

and:
"...having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people." 11 Tim.3:5

and:
"For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear." 11 Tim. 4:3

and:
"Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth." 11 Tim. 2:15

So you see that what Scripture says is less important than what we say it says and how we understand what it says.

I agree with all the Scriptures cited. And when the prophecies come to pass the wise will be blessed and trhe foolish will know their folly. But if it is as it was in the days of Noah, there will not be time to change one's mind. I hope that it is not that way.

Re: Seven Heads on beast [Re: His child] #181737
10/26/16 02:16 AM
10/26/16 02:16 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia

That is true. Daniel 12: 4 & 9 "But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased... And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end."

" But since 1798 the book of Daniel has been unsealed, knowledge of the prophecies has increased, and many have proclaimed the solemn message of the Judgment near." {GC88 356.2}

Since "A kingdom also reigns for a time in history." it is obvious that the time for these kingdoms was after 1798 when the prophecy was unsealed.
(bold emphasis mine)

Impossible! Daniel called out Babylon directly as the head of Gold in chapter two. Babylon is also the Lion with eagles wings.

Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/11/24 12:20 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!