HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 7 of 46 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 45 46
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #182028
11/30/16 03:11 AM
11/30/16 03:11 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: His child
Originally Posted By: ProdigalOne
Originally Posted By: ProdigalOne
HC, assuming that you are correct and Obama is the last president, how does this information change anything? I'm certain that the majority of SDAs on this forum believe that Jesus is returning very soon. Therefore, it is of the utmost importance that we are in a right relationship with God and that we spread the Three Angel's Messages as we are able and with alacrity.

What other actions do you suggest we take to prepare for the imminent return of our Lord?

Is this the time to:

1) encourage SDA youth to join the military?
2) divest of our saving and retirement plans so that the money can invested in the Lord's work?
3) conceive children?
4) make major purchases, houses, cars, property?
5) get the facts about the 3rd angel's message before the people before it is against the law?

and the list goes on...

There are some things that we would not do (or we would do differently) if we truly knew how close the coming of Jesus really is.

I agree, these are all things to consider carefully; however, they would be no less important if there were to be another president after Obama. The time would still be short.

For the sake of argument, let us say that Trump takes office on schedule, it is quite possible, some would even say likely, that he would introduce the Sunday law during his first term. In fact, it would be an excellent strategy for locking up the Protestant and Catholic vote and ensuring a second term.

If Trump should become President on 1/20/2017 Then Christ will come before April 1, 2017 as I indicated many time in conversations posted on this forum with Mountain Man.

The Babylonian reckoning of a kings reign is from their New Years Day (29 March on our Gregorian Calendar) So from that perspective if Obama leaves office prior to 29 March 2017 then every day from 20 January 2017 up until 29 March 2017 is counted as his last year in office.

But as I continue to study, I understand more of the prophecies and they point to Obama remaining in office until Christ Comes.

FYI I have been praying about that. And I even dreamt about it last night after studying it in Jeremiah. In my dream I explained the prophecy of Daniel to Donald Trump and told him that if he accepted the Presidency he would only be President until 29 March 2017 at the upmost and he would be the dreaded 666. He declined to take the post and his wife got furious...

In the interval I began to explain the prophecy to President Obama and he would not believe it that he would not be anything but what he has already been and he determined to stay in office. I grabbed my computer with my manuscript on it and fled to a secret refuge that had been revealed earlier in the dream. He realized that I was leaving and began the chase but I escaped by locking the door as I fled. It closed and by the time he got past that obstacle I was safe.

Could have been that that was on my mind when I went to sleep and could have been the Lord comforting me. I will continue to watch and pray and will see how the Lord leads.
(bold emphasis mine)

What Biblical examples do you have to apply these principles in this way? When has God revealed in Scripture to apply a year to any term in this way? Why should we look to the Babylonian reckoning of years at all?

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Alchemy] #182030
11/30/16 08:06 AM
11/30/16 08:06 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
If Trump should become President on 1/20/2017 Then Christ will come before April 1, 2017 as I indicated many time in conversations posted on this forum with Mountain Man.

The Babylonian reckoning of a kings reign is from their New Years Day (29 March on our Gregorian Calendar) So from that perspective if Obama leaves office prior to 29 March 2017 then every day from 20 January 2017 up until 29 March 2017 is counted as his last year in office.

But as I continue to study, I understand more of the prophecies and they point to Obama remaining in office until Christ Comes.

FYI I have been praying about that. And I even dreamt about it last night after studying it in Jeremiah. In my dream I explained the prophecy of Daniel to Donald Trump and told him that if he accepted the Presidency he would only be President until 29 March 2017 at the upmost and he would be the dreaded 666. He declined to take the post and his wife got furious...

In the interval I began to explain the prophecy to President Obama and he would not believe it that he would not be anything but what he has already been and he determined to stay in office. I grabbed my computer with my manuscript on it and fled to a secret refuge that had been revealed earlier in the dream. He realized that I was leaving and began the chase but I escaped by locking the door as I fled. It closed and by the time he got past that obstacle I was safe.

Could have been that that was on my mind when I went to sleep and could have been the Lord comforting me. I will continue to watch and pray and will see how the Lord leads.
(bold emphasis mine)

What Biblical examples do you have to apply these principles in this way? When has God revealed in Scripture to apply a year to any term in this way? Why should we look to the Babylonian reckoning of years at all?

Good question:

When I understood that Benedict XVI was the pope that was to reign for a short space in September 2011, it was because

1) 7 is the number of completeness
2) a short space must be less than 7 years
3) Revelation 17 and 18 were about spiritual BABYLON
4) Babylonian reckoning of time would apply

Thus when Pope John-Paul II died on 2 April 2005 and Benedict XVI became pope, his accession year was John-Paul II's final year through 28 March 2006. Thus Benedict's first year as a solo pope began on 29 March 2006 and he left office 28 February 2013 -- 1 month and 1 day short of 7 years which was a short space. So when I tweeted 8 times between Sept 2011 - Sept 2012 that Benedict XVI would not be pope after the spring of 2013 I had a partial understanding of this principle.

My before the fact tweets are in Twitters archives with times and dates of when I tweeted them.

Were you expecting Pope Benedict XVI to not be pope in 2013? Before it happened (September 2011 to September 2012), as the Loudcryer, I tweeted 8 times that Benedict would not be pope after the spring of 2013:

Pope Benedict XVI has but a very short time left (9/3/11)

#Pope Benedict XVI marks his last year with a Latin America trip that includes a visit to #Cuba (23 March 2012)

With Benedict XVI in his last year,
Who’s going to be the new pope? … (3 April 2012)

Is Pope Benedict going to be pope in 2013? (29 April 2012)

Months ago I tweeted that pope Benedict XVI is a short timer. Now Vatican power play is news! Y u b last 2 know? (28 May 2012)

If Pope Benedict’s 8th year is really his 7th, his time ends before May 2013 (7 July 2012)

Pope Benedict’s 8th year is really his 7th, because his ascension year was John-Paul II’s last year. Will Benedict XVI’s 7th year B his last (8 August 2012)

Pope #Benedict XVI As I read Daniel’s prophecy, 7’s number of completeness. His ascension year (zero) 2005. He might last till spring 2013? (30 September 2012)

Pope Benedict announced this morning (Monday February 11, 2013) that he is resigning as of 28 February 2013.

As I continued to study, knowledge increased. Had I understood that New Years Day on the Babylonian Calendar was 29 March on our Gregorian calendar, I would have been more specific. But as it was my tweets were right on compared to those who did not have a clue that he fulfilled Bible prophecy.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: kland] #182031
11/30/16 08:15 AM
11/30/16 08:15 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: kland
Quote:
If Trump should become President on 1/20/2017 Then Christ will come before April 1, 2017

Are we understanding that already you are saying we won't know you are wrong on January 10?

Creative way of putting it off a little longer. An anticipation letdown, but kind of expected, somehow.

(I certainly hope you would not tell Trump you were an Adventist if you do write him!)

Henry, why do I not believe you and don't worry about what you say? Because you do not answer our questions, you do not explain how prophecy shows what you so are saying. You cannot support your beliefs. Even if Obama remained in office, even if Trump did such and such, it wouldn't lend any credibility to what you "prophesied". Because you haven't supported it. No matter what you think you claim to the contrary.

"Reagan" is not in the Bible. "Nebuchadnezzar" is. Understand the difference? The one is a speculative conclusion, albeit unsupported.

Daniel promises that the wise will understand. Jesus states that the wise will get oil for their lamps before the time comes upon them and the foolish virgins will wait until it is too late to seek the oil.

When there is no doubt about the timing of the Lord's coming, all will understand if they have been wise or foolish. As it was in Noah's Day and Lots Day... the faithful believers got their reward and the foolish folks got theirs as well.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #182033
11/30/16 09:20 PM
11/30/16 09:20 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Quote:
Had I understood that New Years Day on the Babylonian Calendar was 29 March on our Gregorian calendar,
Is that true that the Babylonian Calendar was 29 March?

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: kland] #182042
12/02/16 03:06 AM
12/02/16 03:06 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: kland
Quote:
Had I understood that New Years Day on the Babylonian Calendar was 29 March on our Gregorian calendar,
Is that true that the Babylonian Calendar was 29 March?

If you have data to show some other date, I'd like to see it.

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #182052
12/03/16 03:11 PM
12/03/16 03:11 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia

(bold emphasis mine)

Good question:

When I understood that Benedict XVI was the pope that was to reign for a short space in September 2011, it was because

1) 7 is the number of completeness
2) a short space must be less than 7 years
3) Revelation 17 and 18 were about spiritual BABYLON
4) Babylonian reckoning of time would apply

Thus when Pope John-Paul II died on 2 April 2005 and Benedict XVI became pope, his accession year was John-Paul II's final year through 28 March 2006. Thus Benedict's first year as a solo pope began on 29 March 2006 and he left office 28 February 2013 -- 1 month and 1 day short of 7 years which was a short space. So when I tweeted 8 times between Sept 2011 - Sept 2012 that Benedict XVI would not be pope after the spring of 2013 I had a partial understanding of this principle.

My before the fact tweets are in Twitters archives with times and dates of when I tweeted them.

Were you expecting Pope Benedict XVI to not be pope in 2013? Before it happened (September 2011 to September 2012), as the Loudcryer, I tweeted 8 times that Benedict would not be pope after the spring of 2013:

Pope Benedict XVI has but a very short time left (9/3/11)

#Pope Benedict XVI marks his last year with a Latin America trip that includes a visit to #Cuba (23 March 2012)

With Benedict XVI in his last year,
Who’s going to be the new pope? … (3 April 2012)

Is Pope Benedict going to be pope in 2013? (29 April 2012)

Months ago I tweeted that pope Benedict XVI is a short timer. Now Vatican power play is news! Y u b last 2 know? (28 May 2012)

If Pope Benedict’s 8th year is really his 7th, his time ends before May 2013 (7 July 2012)

Pope Benedict’s 8th year is really his 7th, because his ascension year was John-Paul II’s last year. Will Benedict XVI’s 7th year B his last (8 August 2012)

Pope #Benedict XVI As I read Daniel’s prophecy, 7’s number of completeness. His ascension year (zero) 2005. He might last till spring 2013? (30 September 2012)

Pope Benedict announced this morning (Monday February 11, 2013) that he is resigning as of 28 February 2013.

As I continued to study, knowledge increased. Had I understood that New Years Day on the Babylonian Calendar was 29 March on our Gregorian calendar, I would have been more specific. But as it was my tweets were right on compared to those who did not have a clue that he fulfilled Bible prophecy.

I understand these personal experiences you had are very powerful to you, but, I was asking for Biblical evidence.

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: dedication] #182053
12/03/16 04:04 PM
12/03/16 04:04 PM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
Originally Posted By: dedication
Originally Posted By: Nadi

If you are trying to use this analogy to establish that White is the prophet for the end days, I must reject this line of reasoning on the grounds that she has been dead for a hundred-no! wait! a hundred and one years. The world we live in now bears almost no resemblance to her day.

That's the most amazing part --
The things she said would happen just before the end sounded IMPOSSIBLE in her day, but it's definitely NOT impossible today-- There is no way anyone can convince me she is "outdated" on endtime events.

Sorry, dedication, but this logic does not resonate with any generation post-Baby Boomer. Not in the (SDA) church and certainly not outside the church. Adventist youth, and not-so-young, are leaving the church in droves (actually never did buy in to the propaganda) exactly because of this "There is no way anyone can convince me she is "outdated" on endtime events" mind-set.

In a desperate attempt to shore up shaky eschatology, Adventists have interpreted Jesus' signs of the end as:
Lisbon Earthquake - 1755!!! That's 261 years ago!
Dark Day - 1780!! 236 years ago.
Falling of the stars - 1833 183 years ago.

And these are the "signs of the end"?? To who? Certainly not to our generation, and the generations who saw these things are long dead. The Lisbon Earthquake does not even make the top 10 worst earthquakes ever. Leonid meteor showers are a naturally occurring event dating back to at least 900 CE.

It is past time for Adventists to dispense with traditional, out-dated interpretations and eschatology and re-examine Scripture WITHOUT the fanciful 19th century "interpretations" of a devout but misguided and manipulated woman who got cracked on the head with a rock.

(Indeed, to be fair, there are some Adventists and even SDA theologians who do.)

sorry
I know, I will likely get banned for the above rant, but in my view that is the reality of the situation.

And don't fret. I already reported this post to the Admin.

"All that is Gold does not Glitter, Not all who Wander are Lost." (J.R.R.T.)
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #182061
12/04/16 04:53 AM
12/04/16 04:53 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: JAK
It is past time for Adventists to dispense with traditional, out-dated interpretations and eschatology and re-examine Scripture WITHOUT the fanciful 19th century "interpretations" of a devout but misguided and manipulated woman

This is the time when your advice is exactly what people DO NOT NEED. Basically your advise is to get people's eyes off of what Christ is doing in the final administration of His priestly work. According to your post, it is apparent that you don't believe those signs mentioned pointed to the beginning of that work.

And now --
at the very time when president elect, Trump, is talking about lowering the wall of church and state separation, and of getting rid of L. Johnson's law that prohibits churches from actively promoting political issues or lose their tax exempt position; and who places high regard for the advice from a board of right winged evangelical ecumenical persons, and who has chosen an "evangelical catholic" (words that a few years ago were never used together in such a manner) man to be vice president -- -- Of course the plan must include denouncing the message from a prophet who predicted these very things as creating an endtime crises.

The end is upon us -- what better time to get people's attention OFF the signs and put them to sleep so they will be unprepared and lost-- at least from the devil's perspective.

Scripture tells us the whole world will be worshipping wrong, (Rev. 13) they will buy into the wrong eschatology, deceived by the "modern" interpretations of signs and scripture and totally unprepared to stand in the last days.

Those so called "out-dated" interpretations are not outdated at all, but, you are right on one point -- only a small group will cling to them. Even many Adventists will reject them.

Blessed are they who have the patience of the saints, who keep God's commandments and have the faith of Jesus, who resist the deceptions of the modern religious interpretations and the "political correct" way of worship that will soon be promoted and enforced in the world.

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: dedication] #182062
12/04/16 05:52 AM
12/04/16 05:52 AM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
Right.
How's that working for you so far? Phenomenal church growth? Youth flocking to your church? Gospel reaching the whole world?

Or how about churches filled with loving, accepting people? What Adventist program helps members who are alcoholics, drug addicts, have trouble with sex, p0rn, orientation, gambling, or any other current social issue? Don't STAFF EDIT me here because I know the answer.

No, we have Men's Ministries, Women's Ministries, Children's Ministries and a whole host of other "Ministries," all with an INWARD focus to the PERFECT in out midst. God help the poor member who struggles with any of the above mentioned "sins" If they have the courage to mention it they are judged, ostracized, shunned, removed from participation, BUT NOT HELPED. Not only do they have to struggle with the issues that produced the alcoholism, sex issues, or other "sin," they have no where to turn in the church to get help. If the church is a "hospital for sinners" and not a "Country Club for the Perfect" STAFF EDIT

So you know what you can do with your sanctimonious self-righteousness.

Last edited by Daryl; 12/20/16 12:28 PM. Reason: Staff Edit

"All that is Gold does not Glitter, Not all who Wander are Lost." (J.R.R.T.)
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Alchemy] #182064
12/04/16 06:12 PM
12/04/16 06:12 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA

I understand these personal experiences you had are very powerful to you, but, I was asking for Biblical evidence.

When Bible prophecy is understood before it comes to pass and it is explained as to what it means and it comes to pass as it was explained and the interpretation is rejected and the fulfillment is rejected and the rejector asks for more evidence, it is not the evidence that is needed.

That scenario is so much like the priests in Christ's day who rejected every evidence and then demanded more evidence. And when Jesus arose from the dead, the supreme evidence that had also been prophesied, they rejected that as well. They had their stakes set and they would not be moved.

Page 7 of 46 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 45 46

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!