HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,795 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 9 of 46 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 45 46
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: kland] #182109
12/10/16 12:51 PM
12/10/16 12:51 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: kland
So would you be in agreement it (Start of the Babylonian calendar) has nothing to do with the 29th of March, 2017, nor is there any work needed for searching days in a month nor what Julian day it fell on in 605BC, but it only has to do with the Spring equinox in 2017?

No. The Spring equinox in ancient Babylon was around the 27th -28th and they had a religious festival that began at that day and ended
on the 29th as best as I can tell at this time. But April 1 was after New Year's Day. So for prophetic calculations 29 March is a fairly reliable date for New Year's Day in ancient Babylon.

Those who take the mistaken view that ALL PROPHETIC TIME stopped in 1844 would agree with your statement on this.

But since EGW used the term PROPHETIC TIME exclusively to refer to the day and hour of Christ appearing, she was saying that there were no prophecies after 1844 that specified the day and hour of Christ's Coming. But prophecies relating to time and endtime events continue until Christ comes. An inability to understand time prophecies after 1844 is not of God and it handicaps those who would be faithful.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: dedication] #182110
12/10/16 01:43 PM
12/10/16 01:43 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: HChild
On this I agree with you completely. BUT when the endtime 70 weeks are studied they end on 11 March 2017 the eve of Purim, the day that God redeemed His people from the Persian death decree. And the study of Revelation 17-18 is very clear.

So though I have not looked for a day and an hour for the Lord to return, I have been blessed to know the season.
Originally Posted By: dedication

The seventy weeks recorded in Daniel 9 were "cut off" from 2300 days of Daniel 8. They began at the same time -- at the command to rebuild. So if those 70 weeks end, as you mistakenly assert on March 11, 2017, there are still 1810 days (years) to follow before the sanctuary is cleansed.

The mistake dear sister is with you. The 70 weeks that occurred in the past are repeated as literal weeks twice in the endtime.

So once again I see a complete departure from the testimonies. (See DA 233, GC 326-327)

I agree that you have departed from the testimonies by not understanding them correctly and incorporating trash that has entered into the church since 1844 into your teachings to obscure them.

Those 70 weeks began in 457 BC and ended in 34 AD when the gospel went to the Gentiles, they were the first part of the 2300 day/years which continued rolling for another one thousand eight hundred and ten years, till 1844 AD when Christ as our High Priest entered the Most Holy to complete the work of the atonement before His coming.

That is true but it is not the of the 70 weeks. For when the 2300 day/year prophecy ended in 1844 Revelation 10 confirmed that they ended when John proclaimed time shall be no longer...the 2300 years are up and the long time=a day = a year is no longer in the prophecies in Revelation. John also recorded Thou must prophecy again which is a command to the prophecy in the little book of Daniel to prophesy again or to be repeated. And when the times in revelation occur from Revelation chapter 10 to the end, they are literal time.
I fear that you are making a similar mistake as the evangelicals in applying things that belong to the over arching revelation of earth's history, and squeezing it all into the last days.

And I fear that you are too far to the preterits point of view. Those things in the past that were partial fulfillments you take as the final complete fulfillment and refuse the blessing from understanding the complete and final fulfillment when it is upon us.

It is because I have studied, that I cannot accept your ever changing interpretations. Remember you have been doing this for several decades now -- one supposed hit out of many failed predictions is NOT at all convincing. I see you are already building a backup scenario now that Trump is president elect. Always an "oops didn't quite understand -- here is a new version" approach, and so it goes while you are condemning everyone who does not accept your ever revised interpretations.

If you had remembered and understood how God led His people in the past, you would not be troubled with that false argument. God is infallible, but people are not. In 1843 Adventists got it wrong. They changed the date of Christ's Advent to 1844 and got it wrong again. And then changed the event and could not prove that they got it right because the event was happening in Heaven.

When I got things wrong, I prayerfully went back to God and studied more. As many times as it took to get it right. Then when I got it right predicting that Benedict would not be pope after the Spring of 2013, you did not receive a blessing as the Adventists that grew in their understanding in 1844, because you only saw error and would not see truth when it was set before you. And to add to your sin, you cast a shadow over truth to keep others from seeing it.

As to "getting into the ark" before its too late.
That has nothing to do with asserting that Obama is the last president.

Thse who fail to see that Obama is the Antichrist that heads the beast with lamblike horns will be deceived by him.

It has everything to do with our TODAY relationship with Christ.
Yes, we are "in the endtime season" and that is true no matter who is president.

God does not give Present Truth for it to be neglected and ignored. To do that is to do it at your own peril as Christ made clear in the parable of the 10 virgins.

We don't even know that we will be alive next March. Why set dates when we are told NOT TO DO SO. Today is the day -- every day is TODAY, to be in a vital, close and submitted relationship with our Redeemer.

I can only tell you what I understand from Bible study. I NEVER SET A DATE for Christ's coming. BUT I have shown the dates that I encounter in Bible study and point to Jesus and DECLARE THAT WE ARE IN THE FINAL SEALING TIME AND THAT IT WILL BE A SHORT TIME!

The high priest was confident that Jesus was not the Messiah. so confident that Christ's crucifixion did not trouble him. The priest missed the first Advent and many will sleep until it is to late as those in Noah's Day. In spite of the fact that we have the Testimonies because they are misread, misinterpreted, and picked and chosen like ingredients of a salad.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #182122
12/12/16 01:31 PM
12/12/16 01:31 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: His child
Originally Posted By: kland
So would you be in agreement it (Start of the Babylonian calendar) has nothing to do with the 29th of March, 2017, nor is there any work needed for searching days in a month nor what Julian day it fell on in 605BC, but it only has to do with the Spring equinox in 2017?

No. The Spring equinox in ancient Babylon was around the 27th -28th and they had a religious festival that began at that day and ended
on the 29th as best as I can tell at this time. But April 1 was after New Year's Day. So for prophetic calculations 29 March is a fairly reliable date for New Year's Day in ancient Babylon.

Are we talking about the Spring equinox of this year or are we talking about the 27, 28, 29th of March of this year?

Answer this, if nothing else: When is the spring equinox of 2017?

Quote:
Those who take the mistaken view that ALL PROPHETIC TIME stopped in 1844 would agree with your statement on this.

But since EGW used the term PROPHETIC TIME exclusively to refer to the day and hour of Christ appearing, she was saying that there were no prophecies after 1844 that specified the day and hour of Christ's Coming. But prophecies relating to time and endtime events continue until Christ comes. An inability to understand time prophecies after 1844 is not of God and it handicaps those who would be faithful.
I agree with you that ALL prophetic time did not stop in 1844 as one can readily read the context she said it in. But I don't understand why you are relating that to what I just said.

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #182123
12/12/16 01:46 PM
12/12/16 01:46 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland

Originally Posted By: His Child - 11/13/16 06:54 AM
Those who take the wait and see attitude that you are taking to see if Obama gets a 3rd term are doing immeasurable damage to the Church and persuading others of a false sense of security. The virgins that sleep and slumber until the proclamation is so clear that no one can refute it: Christ will come while Obama is in office, are not promised time to get ready. Then it is too late for them to get ready to meet our Lord. They have squandered the time that they could have left their Laodicean self-security and studied to show themselves approved of God.

Originally Posted By: His Child - 11/18/16 03:27 PM
So on Jan 20 I could be embarrassed, but if it is as I have said, I fear that the parable of the 10 virgins will play itself out in a most undesirable way in the case Dedication and those who were too busy to really look at the facts before they ran down the clock.

Originally Posted By: His Child - 11/19/16 07:57 PM

And NO--- I am saying that President Obama is:
1) America's last President
2) he will be in office when Christ Comes
3) he will be the one to implement the image beast
4) he will`implement the Mark of the beast

Originally Posted By: His Child - 11/28/16 06:28 AM

If Trump should become President on 1/20/2017 Then Christ will come before April 1, 2017 as I indicated many time in conversations posted on this forum with Mountain Man.

Something seemed to have changed between 11/19/16 and 11/28/16.

Would you call this "backpedaling"? If not, what could possibly be called backpedaling in regard to your prediction here?

Yes, you claim you talked to MM about this. How long ago was that? Did you forget that when you make an absolute statement such as:
President Obama is: 1) America's last President

(By the way, if saying, "Then Christ will come before April 1, 2017" is not date setting, I'm not sure what would be)

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #182137
12/14/16 08:12 AM
12/14/16 08:12 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: HC
The mistake dear sister is with you. The 70 weeks that occurred in the past are repeated as literal weeks twice in the endtime.

So once again I see a complete departure from the testimonies. (See DA 233, GC 326-327)
Those 70 weeks began in 457 BC and ended in 34 AD when the gospel went to the Gentiles, they were the first part of the 2300 day/years which continued rolling for another one thousand eight hundred and ten years, till 1844 AD when Christ as our High Priest entered the Most Holy to complete the work of the atonement before His coming.

I agree that you have departed from the testimonies by not understanding them correctly and incorporating trash that has entered into the church since 1844 into your teachings to obscure them.

??????????????
I have incorporated NOTHING. The Testimonies are clear in what they say, and they do not incorporate what you are teaching. The things I see entering the church since 1844 is a lot of changing the prophetic picture and undermining the firm foundation the prophetic message is built upon.

I see people taking the timelines and placing them where ever they fancy to place them, (others as well, not just you) they are lifted out of the context they hold in scripture and in SOP, and in the prophetic unveiling of earth's history from the time of the prophets to the end.
Indeed a lot of "trash" has entered the church till the true prophetic message is so confused with multiple interpretations that anything goes and nothing is certain.

EGW even says so much and links it to the re-interpretation of the time lines where people repeatedly set new times and seasons for Christ to come -- which results in failure after failure till people throw prophecy out the window as nothing but a sandbox in which to build sand castles that keep getting knocked down. It's the craftiest way to get people to turn against the true prophetic road map.
Originally Posted By: EGW
This is the testimony I have borne ever since the passing of the time in 1844: ‘Time after time will be set by different ones which will pass by; and the influence of this time-setting will be to destroy the faith of God's people....
They rejected the true prophetic time, and the enemy has had power to bring strong delusions upon them that they should believe a lie. I have borne the testimony since the passing of the time in 1844, that there should be no definite time set by which to test God's people. The great test on time was in 1843 and 1844; and all who have set time since these great periods marked in prophecy were deceiving and being deceived. {LS80 221.1}

Your argument that the misunderstanding of the EVENT that was to take place at the end of the 2300 days, now gives license to repeated re-interpretations that fail, only serves to completely destroy people's hold on 1844 as well.

You see -- 1844 was NOT a mistake, the calculations were correct, the time of the end began, Christ began His last phase of His heavenly ministry in preparation to the second coming. The three angel's messages began to sound. The breach in the ten commandments was being repaired. Their mistake was the event, as they thought the "sanctuary" was this earth, when in fact the sanctuary to be cleansed according to Hebrews is in heaven. This cleansing message is absolutely crucial to us being able to stand in the last days.

If we lose the sanctuary doctrine, due to all this pulling the foundational beams out from under it, then indeed we will be deceived in the last days.

The dates for the last day events are unknown, and will not be known till Christ announces it from the sky (and that will be after probation has closed, and God's people will already be delivered from the death decree) -- and then it will be known by ALL, not just one or two, of Christ's people.

And remember -- the last great deception is not over who is president, but it concerns spiritual things.

That's the greatest problem with all this speculation -- while false spiritual things are sweeping into the church and real "trash" is shrouding the spiritual truths of salvation, shrouding the truths of sanctification and the seal of God, keeping those who profess to know Christ from leading people to a full commitment to God, the enemy seduces them into thinking they are in "present truth for this time" by getting them speculating over things God never revealed, coming up with some sensational pronouncement, be it some new reinterpretation of prophecy, or some spiritual ecstasies, and has them pushing people around trying get them to follow them as the spiritual guide using these sensational speculations as bait -- instead of turning to God with trust and commitment that is not dependent upon any earthly man, and will stay true no matter which president and pope brings in the final crises.

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #182138
12/14/16 11:58 AM
12/14/16 11:58 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Amen, Sister!

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: ProdigalOne] #182142
12/15/16 04:05 PM
12/15/16 04:05 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: ProdigalOne
Amen, Sister!

Amen means so let it be.

Sister U has so twisted the testimonies and what I said that it will never be established as she presents it.

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #182150
12/17/16 06:49 AM
12/17/16 06:49 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: HChild
On this I agree with you completely. BUT when the endtime 70 weeks are studied they end on 11 March 2017 the eve of Purim, the day that God redeemed His people from the Persian death decree. And the study of Revelation 17-18 is very clear.

So though I have not looked for a day and an hour for the Lord to return, I have been blessed to know the season.

The seventy weeks recorded in Daniel 9 were "cut off" from 2300 days of Daniel 8. They began at the same time -- at the command to rebuild. So if those 70 weeks end, as you mistakenly assert on March 11, 2017, there are still 1810 days (years) to follow before the sanctuary is cleansed.

That is true but it is not the of the 70 weeks. For when the 2300 day/year prophecy ended in 1844 Revelation 10 confirmed that they ended when John proclaimed time shall be no longer...the 2300 years are up and the long time=a day = a year is no longer in the prophecies in Revelation. John also recorded Thou must prophecy again which is a command to the prophecy in the little book of Daniel to prophesy again or to be repeated. And when the times in revelation occur from Revelation chapter 10 to the end, they are literal time.
I fear that you are making a similar mistake as the evangelicals in applying things that belong to the over arching revelation of earth's history, and squeezing it all into the last days.

And I fear that you are too far to the preterits point of view. Those things in the past that were partial fulfillments you take as the final complete fulfillment and refuse the blessing from understanding the complete and final fulfillment when it is upon us.

It is because I have studied, that I cannot accept your ever changing interpretations. Remember you have been doing this for several decades now -- one supposed hit out of many failed predictions is NOT at all convincing. I see you are already building a backup scenario now that Trump is president elect. Always an "oops didn't quite understand -- here is a new version" approach, and so it goes while you are condemning everyone who does not accept your ever revised interpretations.

If you had remembered and understood how God led His people in the past, you would not be troubled with that false argument. God is infallible, but people are not. In 1843 Adventists got it wrong. They changed the date of Christ's Advent to 1844 and got it wrong again. And then changed the event and could not prove that they got it right because the event was happening in Heaven.

When I got things wrong, I prayerfully went back to God and studied more. As many times as it took to get it right. Then when I got it right predicting that Benedict would not be pope after the Spring of 2013, you did not receive a blessing as the Adventists that grew in their understanding in 1844, because you only saw error and would not see truth when it was set before you. And to add to your sin, you cast a shadow over truth to keep others from seeing it.

As to "getting into the ark" before its too late.
That has nothing to do with asserting that Obama is the last president.

Thse who fail to see that Obama is the Antichrist that heads the beast with lamblike horns will be deceived by him.

It has everything to do with our TODAY relationship with Christ.
Yes, we are "in the endtime season" and that is true no matter who is president.

God does not give Present Truth for it to be neglected and ignored. To do that is to do it at your own peril as Christ made clear in the parable of the 10 virgins.

We don't even know that we will be alive next March. Why set dates when we are told NOT TO DO SO. Today is the day -- every day is TODAY, to be in a vital, close and submitted relationship with our Redeemer.

I can only tell you what I understand from Bible study. I NEVER SET A DATE for Christ's coming. BUT I have shown the dates that I encounter in Bible study and point to Jesus and DECLARE THAT WE ARE IN THE FINAL SEALING TIME AND THAT IT WILL BE A SHORT TIME!

The high priest was confident that Jesus was not the Messiah. so confident that Christ's crucifixion did not trouble him. The priest missed the first Advent and many will sleep until it is to late as those in Noah's Day. In spite of the fact that we have the Testimonies because they are misread, misinterpreted, and picked and chosen like ingredients of a salad.

From GC 325.2 to 328.2 clearly describe the fulfillment of the 70 weeks of Daniel 9. What dedication has stated is already come to pass.

Isn't that right?

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Alchemy] #182151
12/17/16 11:28 AM
12/17/16 11:28 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Alchemy

From GC 325.2 to 328.2 clearly describe the fulfillment of the 70 weeks of Daniel 9. What dedication has stated is already come to pass.

Isn't that right?

Quote:
Daniel’s prophecies have their proper place in the first, second, and third angels’ messages...1MR 99.2

Quote:
As the message of Christ’s First Advent announced the kingdom of His grace, so the message of His Second Advent announces the kingdom of His glory. And the second message, like the first, is based on the prophecies [Daniel 9]. The words of the angel to Daniel relating to the last days were to be understood in the time of the end.DA 234.4

Quote:
Some prophecies God has repeated, thus showing that importance must be given to them. The Lord does not repeat things that are of no great consequence. {8MR 413.2}

Quote:
Though no man knoweth the day nor the hour of His coming, we are instructed and required to know when it is near. We are further taught that to disregard His warning, and refuse or neglect to know when His Advent is near, will be as fatal for us, as it was for those who lived in the days of Noah not to know when the flood was coming. GC88 370.2

Quote:
The light of the third message would have shown them that no prophetic period extends to the coming of Christ; that the exact time of his coming is not foretold. But, turning from the light, they continued to set time after time for the Lord to come, and as often were disappointed. {4SP 290.1}

Quote:
Many of the prophecies are about to be fulfilled in quick succession. Every element of power is about to be set to work. Past history will be repeated... {RH, August 31, 1897 par. 7}

Quote:
History is being repeated. In our day we meet the same false reasoning among the rulers and the ministers as the people met when Christ was upon the earth. We need to consider the words of Christ. "Take heed that no man deceive you." The Jews were deceiving themselves. It was not because of a lack of light and evidence ... Minds clouded with prejudice, warped with envy and unholy passion, will not come to the word of God for their decision. Those who sat in Moses' seat instilled into the minds of the people their false interpretations of Scripture. The truth was buried beneath their own doctrines and maxims and traditions... They could not bring their proud hearts to believe the prophecies. {ST, July 23, 1896 par. 7}

Quote:
They had repeated the prophecies which relate to the second appearing of Christ in power and great glory, to put down all authority, and to rule over the kingdoms of the whole earth...They had no light in themselves. They were seeing the prophecies through their own perverse, corrupt understanding. Satan was leading them on to their own ruin. {1Red 19.1}

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #182164
12/18/16 09:43 AM
12/18/16 09:43 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
From GC 325.2 to 328.2 it clearly describe the fulfillment of the 70 weeks of Daniel 9. They have already been fulfilled.
Isn't that right?

Yes.
The 70 weeks/490 years, were the first part of the 2300day years.

The 70 weeks pointed to Christ's first coming.
The 2300 years pointed to the beginning of the judgment which precedes Christ's second coming.

Quote:
Daniel’s prophecies have their proper place in the first, second, and third angels’ messages. The unsealing of the little book was the message in relation to time.1MR 99.2

The messages in Daniel point to the judgment, which the three angels' messages declare has begun.

"The prophecies present a succession of events leading down to the opening of the judgment. This is especially true of the book of Daniel. But that part of his prophecy which related to the last days, Daniel was bidden to close up and seal "to the time of the end." Not till we reach this time could a message concerning the judgment be proclaimed, based on the fulfillment of these prophecies. {GC 355.3} "

The 70 weeks are part of this succession of events leading down to the opening of the judgment -- they are part of the 2300 day/years that point to 1844 and the opening of that judgment.

Quote:
As the message of Christ’s First Advent announced the kingdom of His grace, so the message of His Second Advent announces the kingdom of His glory. And the second message, like the first, is based on the prophecies [Daniel 9]. The words of the angel to Daniel relating to the last days were to be understood in the time of the end.DA 234.4

The [Daniel 9] inserted above is not in DA 234.

Daniel 9 prophesied Christ's first advent, there is nothing in the passage to suggest the SAME prophecy also applies to the second coming.
There is much in Daniel that DOES apply to the time of end. Thus the original statement is correct, but the implication that the 70 weeks apply to both events is NOT correct.

Quote:
Some prophecies God has repeated, thus showing that importance must be given to them. The Lord does not repeat things that are of no great consequence. {8MR 413.2}

This passage does not say that the prophecy (as in 70 weeks) has two different applications, it is saying some prophecies in Daniel are repeated in Revelation.

Quote:
Though no man knoweth the day nor the hour of His coming, we are instructed and required to know when it is near. We are further taught that to disregard His warning, and refuse or neglect to know when His Advent is near, will be as fatal for us, as it was for those who lived in the days of Noah not to know when the flood was coming. GC88 370.2

Of course -- but knowing it is near is not the same thing as saying Obama will be president and Christ will come before April 2017 --

Quote:
The light of the third message would have shown them that no prophetic period extends to the coming of Christ; that the exact time of his coming is not foretold. But, turning from the light, they continued to set time after time for the Lord to come, and as often were disappointed. {4SP 290.1}

That is very true -- and obviously people are still turning from the light and trying to set time for the Lord to come.

Quote:
Many of the prophecies are about to be fulfilled in quick succession. Every element of power is about to be set to work. Past history will be repeated... {RH, August 31, 1897 par. 7}

Yes, past HISTORY will be repeated -- but you are trying to give prophecies multiple interpretations.
Those are two very different things.

Past HISTORY repeated means things like the persecuting intolerance of the Catholic church will be repeated. Not that the time periods will be repeated.
We have prophecies that show history repeating.

Quote:
They had repeated the prophecies which relate to the second appearing of Christ in power and great glory, to put down all authority, and to rule over the kingdoms of the whole earth...They had no light in themselves. They were seeing the prophecies through their own perverse, corrupt understanding. Satan was leading them on to their own ruin. {1Red 19.1}

And there is plenty of false interpretations of prophecy floating around today. That is why God sent us a prophet for the last days. And that is why her clear outline is being rejected, and her words taken out of context, in order to give these false interpretations a more convincing tone.

The rejection of the Testimonies was foretold.

Page 9 of 46 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 45 46

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!