HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,847 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Papal ambitions [Re: Nadi] #182764
03/14/17 06:12 PM
03/14/17 06:12 PM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Originally Posted By: Nadi
Originally Posted By: ProdigalOne
Before posting the above, I read the text of the Pope's words on five or six different sites operated by different people, mostly non-Adventists. I also watched the Pope's homily twice, once on YouTube and again on a website. It is clear what he said and in what context.

Please post your sources.

I posted the source I quoted. If you want other sources google them.
Oh, but you did already find another source, since you handed a copy of the Pope's homily to your class. Since, it seems that you have already verified that the homily is posted on other sites, your request seems rather disingenuous.

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: Papal ambitions [Re: Nadi] #182765
03/14/17 06:19 PM
03/14/17 06:19 PM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Before posting the above, I read the text of the Pope's words on five or six different sites operated by different people, mostly non-Adventists. I also watched the Pope's homily twice, once on YouTube and again on a website. It is clear what he said and in what context.

As for the legitimacy of Hal Mayer, I must confess that I had never heard of him before yesterday. I was merely searching for a complete text of the Pope's homily, not a commentary on it.

So of the "five or six" websites and two videos you researched you posted a link to someone you had never heard of before, which was not actually a "complete text of the Pope's homily" but a commentary on it.

This is hardly legitimate scholarship. It appears to me that both you and dedication have twisted the words of the Pope to fit your bias. This is not to defend the Pope; I have no interest in doing that. All I look for is academic honesty.

Bottom line: In my opinion, the Pope did not say what you claim he said.

"By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive". Matthew 13:14

Re: Papal ambitions [Re: ProdigalOne] #182766
03/14/17 06:40 PM
03/14/17 06:40 PM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
grin

"Our vision is often more obstructed by what we think we know than by our lack of knowledge." K. Stendahl
Re: Papal ambitions [Re: Nadi] #182767
03/14/17 06:50 PM
03/14/17 06:50 PM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
So I took a transcript of the Pope's homily and handed it out to my high school class of Humanities students. I gave them only the text of the homily, without identifying who said it where. After discussing their feedback regarding what it was talking about I asked them if they thought the author was saying NOT to keep the commandments. NOT A SINGLE STUDENT HAD THAT IDEA. What feedback I did get was that they thought the author was saying that if one focuses only on keeping the commandments this can negatively affect one's Christian growth. Commandment keeping is important, but there are so many more aspects of the Christian life such as remembrance.

This is not at all surprising. The papacy is adept at subterfuge, with century upon century dedicated to perfecting its craft. On the surface, the Pope's words appear harmless, even kindly; however, past action can be an excellent predictor of future paths.

If your students had more complete knowledge of the Catholic history of Machiavellian political manipulation, treachery, torture, murder, massive persecution of divergent beliefs, defiance of God, pollution of what is Holy, etc. Perhaps they would have come to a different conclusion.

It is all to easy to be taken in by a "friendly" conman. It is a different matter when you have listened to the the testimony of his numerous victims, and you are familiar with his modus operandi.

If you would like some sources for my statements, try The Great Controversy, or if you would like a more graphic, non SDA, source look at Foxe's Book Of Martyrs: I would advise you to read it on an empty stomach.

Re: Papal ambitions [Re: Nadi] #182768
03/14/17 07:43 PM
03/14/17 07:43 PM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Methinks ye partake of the kool-aid overmuch.

So, now you resort to ad hominem attacks?
That is truly sad, and usually an indicator of a lack of valid argument.
Dedication is an incredibly knowledgable and wise lady.
Nadi, you could learn a lot, if you were willing.

Your casual conflation of the Jonestown tragedy and Dedication's accurate summation of the Seventh Day Adventist view regarding papal intent, indicates both a callous disregard for the suffering of others and a belief that Seventh Day Adventists are deluded cultists.

This attitude makes me wonder about your motivation for being on this site?
It has become painfully obvious that in recent years the North American educational system has been overrun by far left teachers and professors. Are you one of these, come to troll and mock our faith?

Nadi is in intriguing handle. Does it refer to the Indian term for the mystical yogic energy pathways between (nadi)chakras, or the Vedic astrological practise of reading Sanskrit etched palm leaves?

Re: Papal ambitions [Re: Nadi] #182769
03/14/17 07:50 PM
03/14/17 07:50 PM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
grin

"For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them." Matthew 13:17

Re: Papal ambitions [Re: Nadi] #182770
03/14/17 07:59 PM
03/14/17 07:59 PM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
So I took a transcript of the Pope's homily and handed it out to my high school class of Humanities students. I gave them only the text of the homily, without identifying who said it where. After discussing their feedback regarding what it was talking about I asked them if they thought the author was saying NOT to keep the commandments. NOT A SINGLE STUDENT HAD THAT IDEA. What feedback I did get was that they thought the author was saying that if one focuses only on keeping the commandments this can negatively affect one's Christian growth. Commandment keeping is important, but there are so many more aspects of the Christian life such as remembrance.

By the way Nadi, assuming of course that you are not part of the far left agenda promoting plague that infests the teaching profession, why don't you have your humanities students read Foxe's Book of Martyrs then reevaluate the Pope's wise and loving homily?

Re: Papal ambitions [Re: ProdigalOne] #182771
03/14/17 08:29 PM
03/14/17 08:29 PM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
ProdigalOne, if I have offended you in any way I am truly sorry. This was not my intent. I am, however, disappointed by the tone of the responses. I do not believe this kind of response will lead to meaningful dialogue.

My point of view differs from yours. This forum allows differing views to be expressed without character attacks.

"Our vision is often more obstructed by what we think we know than by our lack of knowledge." K. Stendahl
Re: Papal ambitions [Re: ProdigalOne] #182772
03/14/17 10:59 PM
03/14/17 10:59 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada

Please post your sources.

I posted the source I quoted. If you want other sources google them.
Oh, but you did already find another source, since you handed a copy of the Pope's homily to your class. Since, it seems that you have already verified that the homily is posted on other sites, your request seems rather disingenuous.

Nadi, wheren't you asking sources for the text I supersized?

ProdigalOne, maybe you have a hard time following a discussion or there was some level of mis-understanding. I had the impression you were saying that 4 to 5 non-SDA sites had dedication's point of view. So I was looking forward to seeing these sources sites. But maybe I mis-understood also.

Nadi, be easy on our dear brother ProdigalOne. smile

Last edited by Elle; 03/14/17 11:15 PM. Reason: for clarification

Blessings
Re: Papal ambitions [Re: dedication] #182774
03/15/17 04:20 AM
03/15/17 04:20 AM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Let's stay with the subject.

I stick to the premise that the goal of the Vatican is to be the spiritual leader of the world.
Its a "one world religion" not in dissolving the diverse religions, so much as changing them on the inside to the point where they no longer clash with each other and all harmonize in looking to the papacy as the "great shepherd" over all.

Check out the plan as outlined by Jesuit Karl Rahner and his partner Heinrich Fries.

They give eight steps.

Originally Posted By: The Unity of Churches
STEP ONE:
"The fundamental truths of Christianity, as they are expressed in Holy Scripture, in the Apostles' Creed and in that of Nicaea and Constantinople are binding on all partner churches of the ONE CHURCH TO BE."

They elaborate by saying "The community assumes primacy over the individual." p.13
"The Church becomes the object of faith as ecclesia una, sanct, catholica, et apostolica (the one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church) The 'I believe in the Church corresponds to the 'I believe in the Holy Spirit.' p21

The church is depicted as a "creature" of the Holy Spirit.

The unity they project can only be achieved if it is a community of faith and not one that worries about doctrines or believe systems or personal agendas. The theme throughout the plan is on the community of faith. In this the church takes precedence over the individual — theology can only be done in and by the community, not by the individuals.

Thesis I rests on the Creeds which express, in Fries words, "the fundamental truths of Christian faith. Furthermore, the Creed draws attention to the fact that faith is not a private matter. . .the public community of faith itself . . .has its support and basis of existence in the Creed." p. 16

Indeed -- the subject of the ten commandments came up in one of the previous posts. The Catholic church does believe in the ten commandments, BUT, since the church claims to be the "creature" of the Holy Spirit, they think they can adjust the ten commandments, having supposedly received that power through the Holy Spirit. Thus the change from Saturday to Sunday as the day "to remember" they claim is the sign of this authority.
And pope John Paul II in his "Dies Domini" (Lord's Day) apostolic letter of May 31, 1998, placed Sunday keeping under the imperative of the ten commandments!
And what is more -- he can quote a lot of nice sounding reasons for Sunday keeping from the traditions of the "church fathers". It's all 'good for the community of faith" for family values, etc.

Note: The Biblical apostles showed that religion does not consist in rites and ceremonies, creeds and theories.
It is not based on tradition and philosophies of men.

The one church to be...
The whole world (almost) will worship at the wrong shrine. Open your eyes and you will see this is being worked towards.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!