HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Papal ambitions [Re: Elle] #182785
03/15/17 08:19 PM
03/15/17 08:19 PM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
Elle, on this I agree with you. God's TRUE church is made up of sincere believers in all denominations and religions. It is those who submit their will to God and accept His grace. They try to live in peace with everyone and do good to all.

No one denomination is God's "true" church. In fact, the very idea of denominations goes against Christian principles in that it causes divisions. Paul says this in 1 Corinthians 1:10-17. "Is Christ divided?"

There are certain fundamentals which establish Christianity. (Those are not the topic of this thread.) These supersede denominational boundaries and creedal statements. We should not allow our differences to define us, but rather our unity in Christ.

Any church which claims to be "God's TRUE church" is in the same category as the Catholic church.

"Our vision is often more obstructed by what we think we know than by our lack of knowledge." K. Stendahl
Re: Papal ambitions [Re: Elle] #182786
03/16/17 01:12 AM
03/16/17 01:12 AM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Elle

Well as I said in my 2nd post in this discussion... the Adventist Church is pursuing the same thing because they also believe & teach they are [or will become] the spiritual leader of the world?????

Isn't this pure hypocrisy?

No, Adventists are NOT in any way pursuing the same goal.

You have missed the key element of the difference in following the Lord's command in witnessing to the world the message of truth, and the counterfeit goal of enforcing a spiritual conformity by law upon the world.

Paul the apostle to the Gentiles was a powerful witness to the world, but he used no political clout to enforce it on anyone. He was doing it God's way.

But study the history of the Catholic church -- it was all about using civil penalties and armies to mandate people's compliance to the church. There was the stake for those who would not concede to her claims. There were massacres on a scale that will never be known until revealed in the Judgment. There was the inquisition that studied how to torture people to the brink of their endurance in order to compel them to recant their beliefs. The inquisition is still in operation today under a different name " In 1965 it became the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith". Interestingly Rahner names them as the exception in humanities inability to comprehend truth amongst the deluge of information.

Not only the Catholics, the Adventists, or who other Christian based denomination who thinks they are the "TRUE" Church but actually also all the differents faiths in the Jews, Islamics, and other main religions. Also all those who believes they are one of the "ascended" ones and all those Royal Families with their "right to rule" given by God and the luciferians.... Everyone are saying the same things is in their own ways and pursuing to become "the spiritual leaders of the world". There's nothing new here. This has been going on since Adam. That's a typical childish behavior who doesn't know any better that it is the Lord who appoints who He wishes (Rom 9). And I believe their will be a representations of all differents groups mentioned above.

As I mentioned above -- there is a big difference in a firm belief in what one finds in the Word of God, and sharing that belief with others, as opposed to forcing that belief with the use of political, civil and military methods. Indeed the Muslims have the same agenda, and I personally believe there will be a show down between the two that will vault the papacy into the lead so people herald him as "the savior of the world". The protestants are also becoming more and more political minded, hoping to gain the power of the state to enforce religion.
Protestants will join hands with the papacy (many steps toward this have already been taken) to enforce, using state power, their religion on the masses. They are all seeking to establish an earthly kingdom.

And that is where the danger comes in --
People are already thinking of the papacy as "the savior of the world" in the midst of a lot of turmoil.

They don't realize they are heading straight back into the tyranny of the middle ages -- only it will be worse!

Originally Posted By: dedication
Its a "one world religion"....

You are twisting everything you can dedication to prove a point that the Adventist Church is also guilty of doing also. But I believe that both the Catholic Church and the SDA Church and all other denominations that are pursuing the same ... they aren't going to succeed .... because all of these Churches are delusional thinking only themselves as they are "THE Church".

As mentioned above, the Adventist church has a totally different goal -- one of sharing the truth of the three angels messages with the world -- yes. BUT they have NO goal of enforcing it by military, political, or civil power and penalties.

The kingdom we look for is not of this world.
We aren't into "restructuring" the worldly governments and forcing people to believe anything.

Now a lot of Adventists may very well forsake true Adventism and join the religious coalition led by the papacy in enforcing the papal goals -- but that is NOT true Adventism.

There is no salvation in a church --
But there is a TRUE message of warning that must be sounded to the world. And God will have a people who will sound that message.
Our message is one of warning, not of setting up a physical kingdom here in this world, but escaping the counterfeit kingdom, and directing people to prepare to meet the REAL Jesus, Our Savior, in the air, when He comes to take us to His Father's house.

Here is the patience of the saints who keep the commandments of God and have the faith of Jesus.
They have washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb and they will enter the heavenly Jerusalem to worship before the throne of God and the Lamb.

Re: Papal ambitions [Re: Nadi] #182787
03/16/17 02:07 AM
03/16/17 02:07 AM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Nadi

No one denomination is God's "true" church. In fact, the very idea of denominations goes against Christian principles in that it causes divisions. Paul says this in 1 Corinthians 1:10-17. "Is Christ divided?"

There are certain fundamentals which establish Christianity. (Those are not the topic of this thread.) These supersede denominational boundaries and creedal statements. We should not allow our differences to define us, but rather our unity in Christ.

Any church which claims to be "God's TRUE church" is in the same category as the Catholic church.

It's true that connection with a church does not take the place of conversion. There is no salvation in having your name on a church list, we need to have our names in the Lamb's book of Life!
God's honest followers are scattered throughout the churches, including honest Christians in the Catholic churches. They are following Christ to the best of their knowledge.

The last call isn't to join a church, but to join a movement to keep all of God's commands, including the fourth, and to have the faith of Jesus. It's a call of full commitment to Christ in the face of universal counterfeit religion and opposition.

That does mean leaving the Sunday keeping coalition of religious bodies, who will be enforcing Sunday rest and undermining the true Sabbath -- to unite with them will not be uniting with truth -- church or no church.

You actually just gave a classic summary of Thesis One and two of the Jesuit plan for unity of the churches.

Originally Posted By: Jesuit Rahner's thesis for unity of the churches

Theses One: The fundamental truths of Christianity as they are expressed in Holy Scripture, in the Apostles Creed, and in that of Nicaea and Constantinople are binding on all partner churches of the one Church to be.

Theses Two: Furthermore, beyond thesis I no explicit and positive confession in one partner church is imposed as dogma obligatory for another partner church. The is left to a broader consensus in the future. This applies especially to authentic but undefined doctrinal decrees of the Roman church ...According to this principle only that would be done which is already practice in every church today.

You wrote: "There are certain fundamentals which establish Christianity."

Defined by whom?
The ones that don't go too deep, and remain vague?

Obviously the Catholic version of salvation is very different from the version of salvation we heard from the Protestant Reformation. Yet now the evangelicals sign an agreement with Catholic leaders, that they agree on righteousness by faith. How can this be?

"Is Christ divided"?
No, Christ is not divided, but people definitely are divided. If unity at all costs were really Christ's mission why didn't He unite everyone under the synagogue system? Just think of the unity He could have had if He would have enlisted the Jewish leadership in His group? But instead he caused a huge division -- why? Because truth mattered!
Yes, Nadi -- there is truth, and there is counterfeit, and the two will never unite.
Unity must be IN the truth, not in ignoring the unpopular truths.
Thus yes, we seek to find a group of believers in truth to unite with, not melt into a murky unity of diversity and ambiguity as to what is truth.
To "forget about the truth" and agree upon that which we really disagree upon, for the sake of unity is actually to turn away from unity in Christ and join the counterfeit.

Re: Papal ambitions [Re: dedication] #182788
03/16/17 02:42 AM
03/16/17 02:42 AM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
dedication, we're just going to have to agree to disagree, because I can't imagine living my life in such fear and fanaticism.

When paranoia puts words in people's mouths that they just didn't say one must wonder about THAT agenda.

"Our vision is often more obstructed by what we think we know than by our lack of knowledge." K. Stendahl
Re: Papal ambitions [Re: Nadi] #182789
03/16/17 04:14 AM
03/16/17 04:14 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Originally Posted By: Nadi
dedication, we're just going to have to agree to disagree, because I can't imagine living my life in such fear and fanaticism.

When paranoia puts words in people's mouths that they just didn't say one must wonder about THAT agenda.

Hmm, calling people that you disagree with paranoid, and accusing them of having an "agenda". And, did you just infer that dedication is a fanatic?

"Is this the kind of response (that) will lead to meaningful dialogue"?

Nadi, I'm not sure if you are referring to dedication's "paranoia" or mine, or perhaps both?
If you are still directing gibes at me, let's take a closer look at the words that paranoia puts in people's mouths.

This text is taken from the (non-SDA) Catholic website, angelqueen.org,

http://angelqueen.org/2017/02/01/pope-ac...0-commandments/

The ellipses are not omitted words, this is where Francis paused during his sermon:

“‘Not taking risks, please, no . . . prudence . . .’ ‘Obeying all the commandments, all of them . . .’” "Yes, it’s true, but this paralyzes you too, it makes you forget so many graces received, it takes away memory, it takes away hope, because it doesn’t allow you to go forward.”
Such people become “confined souls” who suffer from the sin of “cowardice,” the pope added. “And the presen[ce] of a Christian, of such a Christian, is like when one goes along the street and an unexpected rain comes, and the garment is not so good and the fabric shrinks . . . Confined souls . . . This is cowardliness: this is the sin against memory, courage, patience, and hope.”

"Obeying all the commandments, all of them..."Yes, it’s true, but this paralyzes you too". (Keeping the Commandments paralyzes you?)

"Such people become “confined souls” who suffer from the sin of “cowardice".
(People who keep the commandments become "confined souls", does this mean Commandment keeping is a prison for the soul? "...who suffer from the sin of “cowardice." It is cowardice to obey God?)

"Confined souls . . . This is cowardliness: this is the sin against memory, courage, patience, and hope.” (Keeping the Commandments is not only cowardliness, it is a SIN against memory, courage, patience, and hope?)

Am I being paranoid, or did the Pope just say that keeping the commandments is a sin?

Strange, John said, "sin is the transgression of the law."

"And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him."
1John 3:3-6

Please, point out where I have misquoted, or taken words out of context.

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: Papal ambitions [Re: dedication] #182790
03/16/17 04:48 AM
03/16/17 04:48 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada

Well as I said in my 2nd post in this discussion... the Adventist Church is pursuing the same thing because they also believe & teach they are [or will become] the spiritual leader of the world?????

Isn't this pure hypocrisy?

No, Adventists are NOT in any way pursuing the same goal.

You have missed the key element of the difference in following the Lord's command in witnessing to the world the message of truth, and the counterfeit goal of enforcing a spiritual conformity by law upon the world.

Paul the apostle to the Gentiles was a powerful witness to the world, but he used no political clout to enforce it on anyone. He was doing it God's way.

But study the history of the Catholic church -- it was all about using civil penalties and armies to mandate people's compliance to the church. There was the stake for those who would not concede to her claims. There were massacres on a scale that will never be known until revealed in the Judgment. There was the inquisition that studied how to torture people to the brink of their endurance in order to compel them to recant their beliefs. The inquisition is still in operation today under a different name " In 1965 it became the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith". Interestingly Rahner names them as the exception in humanities inability to comprehend truth amongst the deluge of information.

Not only the Catholics, the Adventists, or who other Christian based denomination who thinks they are the "TRUE" Church but actually also all the differents faiths in the Jews, Islamics, and other main religions. Also all those who believes they are one of the "ascended" ones and all those Royal Families with their "right to rule" given by God and the luciferians.... Everyone are saying the same things is in their own ways and pursuing to become "the spiritual leaders of the world". There's nothing new here. This has been going on since Adam. That's a typical childish behavior who doesn't know any better that it is the Lord who appoints who He wishes (Rom 9). And I believe their will be a representations of all differents groups mentioned above.

As I mentioned above -- there is a big difference in a firm belief in what one finds in the Word of God, and sharing that belief with others, as opposed to forcing that belief with the use of political, civil and military methods. Indeed the Muslims have the same agenda, and I personally believe there will be a show down between the two that will vault the papacy into the lead so people herald him as "the savior of the world". The protestants are also becoming more and more political minded, hoping to gain the power of the state to enforce religion.
Protestants will join hands with the papacy (many steps toward this have already been taken) to enforce, using state power, their religion on the masses. They are all seeking to establish an earthly kingdom.

And that is where the danger comes in --
People are already thinking of the papacy as "the savior of the world" in the midst of a lot of turmoil.

They don't realize they are heading straight back into the tyranny of the middle ages -- only it will be worse!

Its a "one world religion"....

You are twisting everything you can dedication to prove a point that the Adventist Church is also guilty of doing also. But I believe that both the Catholic Church and the SDA Church and all other denominations that are pursuing the same ... they aren't going to succeed .... because all of these Churches are delusional thinking only themselves as they are "THE Church".

As mentioned above, the Adventist church has a totally different goal -- one of sharing the truth of the three angels messages with the world -- yes. BUT they have NO goal of enforcing it by military, political, or civil power and penalties.

The kingdom we look for is not of this world.
We aren't into "restructuring" the worldly governments and forcing people to believe anything.

Now a lot of Adventists may very well forsake true Adventism and join the religious coalition led by the papacy in enforcing the papal goals -- but that is NOT true Adventism.

There is no salvation in a church --
But there is a TRUE message of warning that must be sounded to the world. And God will have a people who will sound that message.
Our message is one of warning, not of setting up a physical kingdom here in this world, but escaping the counterfeit kingdom, and directing people to prepare to meet the REAL Jesus, Our Savior, in the air, when He comes to take us to His Father's house.

Here is the patience of the saints who keep the commandments of God and have the faith of Jesus.
They have washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb and they will enter the heavenly Jerusalem to worship before the throne of God and the Lamb.

Dedication, I agree that there the plan is for a final confrontation between Islam and the papacy. As you said in your post:

"Indeed the Muslims have the same agenda, and I personally believe there will be a show down between the two that will vault the papacy into the lead so people herald him as "the savior of the world"."

What are your thoughts on the conciliatory stance the Pope us now taking toward Islam?
Could this be subterfuge to paint the papacy as the injured party, when the inevitable conflict occurs?

Here is an interesting two year old article from National Report.Net:

"On Monday the Bishop Of Rome addressed Catholic followers regarding the dire importance of exhibiting religious tolerance. During his hour-long speech, a smiling Pope Francis was quoted telling the Vatican’s guests that the Koran, and the spiritual teachings contained therein, are just as valid as the Holy Bible.
Jesus Christ, Jehovah, Allah. These are all names employed to describe an entity that is distinctly the same across the world. For centuries, blood has been needlessly shed because of the desire to segregate our faiths. This, however, should be the very concept which unites us as people, as nations, and as a world bound by faith. Together, we can bring about an unprecedented age of peace, all we need to achieve such a state is respect each others beliefs, for we are all children of God regardless of the name we choose to address him by. We can accomplish miraculous things in the world by merging our faiths, and the time for such a movement is now. No longer shall we slaughter our neighbors over differences in reference to their God.”

The pontiff drew harsh criticisms in December after photos of the 78-year-old Catholic leader was released depicting Pope Francis kissing a Koran. The Muslim Holy Book was given to Francis during a meeting with Muslim leaders after a lengthy Muslim prayer held at the Vatican."

http://nationalreport.net/pope-Francis-followers-Koran-holy-bible/

Re: Papal ambitions [Re: dedication] #182792
03/16/17 05:31 AM
03/16/17 05:31 AM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Moving on to thesis three or step three from Jesuit Rahner and Heinrich Fries book outlining the steps to unity of the churches.

We found the first steps placed emphases on "community of faith" rather than individual conviction.
"The community assumes primacy over the individual." p.13
People unite under the basic tenants of Christianity as universally defined, and agree to be agreeable on doctrinal difference since no one (other then the Roman Congregation of Faith) really understands what truth is anyway and it will ultimately be defined in the future.

STEP THREE
Originally Posted By: Unity of the Churches an Actual Possibility

In this one church of Jesus Christ, composed of the uniting churches, there are regional partner churches which can, to a large extent maintain their existing structure. These partner churches can also continue to exist in the same territory , since this is not impossible in the context of Catholic ecclesiology or the practice of the Roman church as for example in Palestine.

As I stated in a previous post:
"This "one world religion" isn't going to dissolve the diverse religions, so much as change them on the inside to the point where they no longer clash with each other and all harmonize in looking to the papacy as the "great shepherd" over all.

We see this more in the explanation:

Basically they write that most churches teach the basic gospel message, but as to doctrines no one worries if the members don't fully understand or agree with all the dogmas.

Page 35 "It would be naïve to assume that, in every case, that the believer affirms a proposition and understands it in the official sense of the church ....nor should they be significantly troubled by it, because it would be exceeding their realistic potential to require more of them than they actually achieve. By participating in the life of the church, they prayerfully and hopefully grasp the fundamental truths of the gospel's message and let everything else slide, without raising the decisive protest of a conscience worried about tis salvation."

The book describes the unity churches already enjoy as they cooperate in many areas and how this needs to continue in greater measure.

Churches are to maintain their existing structures, but they form a sisterhood of pluralism. "Rome must not ask for their dissolution in order to achieve unity,.. . .there must be fraternal exchanges and intensive cooperation among the theologians of these churches."

Herein is the greatest danger — the structure of the churches remain — but the inside is totally changed to fit the mold.

Again that is exactly what we see happening--
Change the church -- de-emphasize doctrines- preach mainly generic sermons
--so the church will fit into the scheme of the great deceptive "one church of the future" religious movement.

But now comes the crunch:
What about those things they agreed to agree on even though they did not agree?
"The solution to these problems will nevertheless require that all sides give up a certain number of old familiar customs, so as to make possible not just coexistence with tolerance and much indifference but a true unity....
it refers to mutual concessions which would make the coexistence of partner churches in unity and diversity more fruitful to all and which would enable their service to the world." p. 52

Note: The idea is to decide first in favor of unity then, they will have to give up a certain number of "old familiar customs."

And they will eventually have to accept the Catholic sacraments;

" The Reformation churches, at least at first glance, acknowledge only two of the seven sacraments as they exist in the Roman church...In the future the partner churches of the Reformation will essentially have to acknowledge and observe the remaining sacraments in principle, even though they actual practice of them need not be identical with that of the existing Roman church. " p. 55

The plan is to focus on the leaders in the churches--get them in partnership with the plan — if the leaders are changed they will then lead their churches into change that will render them acceptable to the unification.

"It is self evident that there must be fraternal exchanges and intensive cooperation among the theologians of the partner churches [p.51]

Some pretty strong words there -- intensive cooperation among the theologians of the different churches.

They are to work at getting the membership on board.

"The ecclesiastical leaders of the churches of the Reformation will make sufficiently sure of the support of the majority of their members before making the decision [for the unity with other churches] p. 53

Now comes Rahner's stunning foundation statement:

"With respect to ecclesiastical leadership the average congregation in the Protestant churches in fact usually practices the kind of obedience to their church leaders that is customary in the roman Catholic church. Therefore one should not overestimate the danger of a rebellion at the grass roots against their ecclesiastical leaders' decisions regarding unification. On the basis of their theological expertise and their religious conscience, the representatives of this ecclesiastical leadership can decide in favor of church unity, and can also work with sufficient zeal among the church members to gain their understanding for this decision" p. 54

So now -- having convinced the people that the "community of faith" is the most important aspect of salvation -- all they need to do is get enough leaders changed and the people will follow like sheep to destruction.

Do we see any of this happening?

Re: Papal ambitions [Re: dedication] #182797
03/16/17 07:11 AM
03/16/17 07:11 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada

I'm certain most of you have seen this video, but since it is particularly relevant to
Rahner's statement on p. 54, I will post it here:

Doug Batchelor Analyzes Pope's Threat of "Unity or Else"

https://youtu.be/7kgxEvIDoGs

Re: Papal ambitions [Re: ProdigalOne] #182798
03/16/17 03:34 PM
03/16/17 03:34 PM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: ProdigalOne

Dedication, I agree that there the plan is for a final confrontation between Islam and the papacy. As you said in your post:

"Indeed the Muslims have the same agenda, and I personally believe there will be a show down between the two that will vault the papacy into the lead so people herald him as "the savior of the world"."

What are your thoughts on the conciliatory stance the Pope us now taking toward Islam?
Could this be subterfuge to paint the papacy as the injured party, when the inevitable conflict occurs?

Using opposite problems to reach a preplanned objective.
The Islamic religion was encouraged by papal influence in it's beginnings in the plan to quell the eastern churches that stood against papal dominance. But the Islamics took on a life of their own that threatened the Papal position.

Now you will notice the distinction between "good" Islam and "bad" Islam is becoming very prominent. Islam is persecuted by Islam!!! Papacy will work to protect good Islam from bad Islam in the unification of religions program. IMO

Re: Papal ambitions [Re: dedication] #182827
03/20/17 04:59 AM
03/20/17 04:59 AM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
So how far have we come in this plan for a "one church of the future" which is seeking to integrate all the churches without actually dissolving them?

1. Focus on the "community of believers" rather than individualism.

2. Set divisive doctrines into the background and agree to agree even if you don't really agree, the objections will all be worked out at a future date.

3. Don't dissolve the churches, simply train the religious leaders to lead their flocks into the unity mindset, getting them to give up some of the "objectional" ideas and beliefs, and submerging them more into the mystical sacraments of the Catholic church.

Now we come to Step four.
The authors of the book divided step four into Thesis IVa and Thesis IVb.
So we will deal with Thesis IVA here.

This one is the eye opener, if the others have not been.

Originally Posted By: Unity of Churches an Actual Possibility

All partner churches acknowledge the meaning and right of the Petrine service of the Roman pope to be the concrete guarantor of the unity of the Church in truth and love.

Rahner and Fries then build their case on the Catholic interpretation of Christ's statement to Peter in Matthew 16.
16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him,... thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven:

The thesis inferring the church is built on "Peter" rather than our understanding that the church is built upon the solid Rock which is Christ.

It is extremely important for us to understand--
1. Who is the Rock and
2. Who has the keys
for as we enter in final events we will probably encounter them more and more frequently.

Look at the whole passage in the Bible. Jesus asked the disciples a question "Who do men say that I am?" Peter answers, "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the Living God". However, Jesus declares that Peter did not have any room to boast, even in making this profound declaration "for flesh and blood has not revealed it to you, but My Father wich is in heaven."
Then Jesus does a play on words, contrasting Peter' name with Himself. "And I say also unto thee, you are Peter (petros, a small, rolling stone) and upon this Rock (petra, and immovable mountain of rock) I will build My church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
The gates of hell did prevail against Peter when he denied his Lord with cursing and swearing. The church was built upon One against whom the gates of hell could not prevail.
Scriptures has many instances where Christ is called the rock.'

Only a church built upon the firm foundation which is Christ, will stand firm in the storms of life.

THE KEYS
In Revelation 1:18 and 3;7. it declares Christ as have the keys.

"The Keys of the kingdom of heaven are the words of Christ. All the words of Holy Scripture are His, and are here included. These words have the power to open and to shut heaven. They declare the conditions upon which people are received or rejected. Thus the work of those who preach God's word is savor of life unto life or of death unto death.. Theirs is a mission weighted with eternal results."

Instead of appointing one man to be "the head" of the church, Christ said to the disciples, "Be not called Rabbi, neither be called master: for One is your Master, even Christ Matthew 23:8,10.
and verse 9 -- "And call no one your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven."

In this theses, put out by the Jesuit Rayner and his co-writer Fries, the ultimate aim of the papacy gaining authority over all churches is obviously where this plan is heading.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!