HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,795 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Re: Where is the Ark of the Covenant? [Re: Alchemy] #173839
06/02/15 03:12 AM
06/02/15 03:12 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
Personally, I do agree that Ron Wyatt's understanding go the Exodus and the location of Mt. Sinai is by far the most Biblical understanding available.
And unproven as are all of Wyatt's claims.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Where is the Ark of the Covenant? [Re: APL] #173852
06/02/15 01:30 PM
06/02/15 01:30 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: APL
Personally, I do agree that Ron Wyatt's understanding go the Exodus and the location of Mt. Sinai is by far the most Biblical understanding available.

What do you mean unproven?

Just walk through the story in the Bible and it makes much more sense crossing on the other side of the Sinai peninsula. Also, the Bible says in Galatians that Mt. Sinai is in Arabia.

What proof is missing? Also, what do you believe and what proof do you have for your belief?

Re: Where is the Ark of the Covenant? [Re: Windsor] #173861
06/02/15 04:33 PM
06/02/15 04:33 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Unproven - Noah's ark, the ark of the covenant. And where is THE proof that the that Mt. Sinai is exactly where Wyatt said it is and where are the artifacts? Unproven. Is "Arabia" in the Bible the same location that we think of today? Perhaps. Why is the Sinai peninsula called Sinai? Was the Sinai peninsula considered part of Arabia in Biblical times?

Personally, I would not be surprised that the sojourn in the wilderness was in what we call Arabia today. But where is the evidence? Nothing Wyatt has produced has convinced me that he was right on anything. I heard the man in person, he was very persuasive. So was Satan. I have a friend that went with Wyatt to Israel years ago to find the ark of the covenant. I'll put it bluntly, Wyatt was a fraud.

http://www.ldolphin.org/wyatt1.html

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Where is the Ark of the Covenant? [Re: Windsor] #173863
06/02/15 04:48 PM
06/02/15 04:48 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Where is the proof? Why the same place that the Euphrates today is the same as flowed out of the garden of Eden!

If it's the same name it must be the same thing! I mean, you don't think people would be familiar with a name and use it for other things do you? Such as features on the moon, New "England", etc......

What's bad is that Wyatt may or may not have made some actual discoveries. But he is such a fraud that any truth he may have discovered is completely swallowed up by his fraud.

Re: Where is the Ark of the Covenant? [Re: Windsor] #173903
06/04/15 02:27 AM
06/04/15 02:27 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Well, you guys can think what you want about Ron Wyatt. But, we need to remember it's not about him.

Mount Sinai being located where St. Catherine's Monastery is doesn't make any sense to me. I don't see any proof for that!

So, what do you believe about the Exodus and what proof do you have?

BTW, I don't agree with Ron Wyatt on Noah's Ark or on the Ark of the Covenant. But, his explanation of the Exodus just makes the most Biblical sense.

Last edited by Alchemy; 06/04/15 02:28 AM.
Re: Where is the Ark of the Covenant? [Re: Windsor] #173950
06/05/15 05:48 PM
06/05/15 05:48 PM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland
Where the ark is right now seems not to be a great concern. There will come a day when we will see it.

"Here is a last piece of advice. If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good. Model your conduct on what you have learned from me, on what I have told you and shown you, and you will find the God of peace will be with you."
Re: Where is the Ark of the Covenant? [Re: Johann] #174004
06/07/15 05:27 PM
06/07/15 05:27 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Johann
Where the ark is right now seems not to be a great concern. There will come a day when we will see it.

1. "The ark of the covenant" (AoC) is NOT important. It was just a cedar box overlaid with gold containing two stone tablets (1 Kings 8:9). When Israel had gone after their golden calf in the desert, Moses simply threw down the tablets and broke them to pieces (which by all accounts were IMMENSELY HOLIER than any furniture, since it had the very handwriting of God) (Exod. 32:19). Therefore, it is subtle idolatry due to ignorance which causes people to suppose that the AoC -- a thing built by the hand of man -- was SO IMMENSELY SACRED that God could and, somehow or the other, would not allow it to be taken away or destroyed. When Jesus cleansed the temple, he called it "MY FATHER'S HOUSE"; but when he had departed, he said instead, "Behold, YOUR HOUSE is left to you, desolate" (Mat. 23:37-38).

2. What does all of this mean? It means that the temple and everything in and with it are holy and sacred and enduring only as long as the people who worship there are holy before God. Otherwise, they all burn (temple, furniture and people) and are never found again.(Mal. 4:1) The AoC spoken of in Rev. 11:19 is not a literal AoC in a literal temple, but a reference to THE SIGNIFICANCE of the AoC to those who can see it.

3. For those who are wise, those unencumbered by heavy SDA doctrinal chains, if in the old covenant the Decalogue were written on tablets of stone and placed in the AoC, then seeing that in the new covenant the law is written ON YOUR HEART (Jer. 31:33), tell me then ... where is the place of your heart, hmmmmm? (See John 4:21-24 for help in answering)

///

Re: Where is the Ark of the Covenant? [Re: James Peterson] #174010
06/08/15 04:54 AM
06/08/15 04:54 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: James Peterson

1. "The ark of the covenant" (AoC) is NOT important. It was just a cedar box overlaid with gold containing two stone tablets (1 Kings 8:9). When Israel had gone after their golden calf in the desert, Moses simply threw down the tablets and broke them to pieces (which by all accounts were IMMENSELY HOLIER than any furniture, since it had the very handwriting of God) (Exod. 32:19). Therefore, it is subtle idolatry due to ignorance which causes people to suppose that the AoC -- a thing built by the hand of man -- was SO IMMENSELY SACRED that God could and, somehow or the other, would not allow it to be taken away or destroyed. When Jesus cleansed the temple, he called it "MY FATHER'S HOUSE"; but when he had departed, he said instead, "Behold, YOUR HOUSE is left to you, desolate" (Mat. 23:37-38).

True the box itself had no "holiness" in and of itself.
What made the ark of the covenant holy was God's presence.
And God made His presence manifest particularly over the mercy seat of the ark of the covenant.

Exodus 40:34 Then the cloud covered the tent of meeting, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle. Moses was not able to enter the tent of meeting because the cloud had settled on it, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle.

Chron. 7:7 Now when Solomon had finished praying, ... the glory of the Lord filled the house. 2 The priests could not enter into the house of the Lord because the glory of the Lord filled the Lord’s house. 3 All the sons of Israel, seeing the fire come down and the glory of the Lord upon the house, bowed down on the pavement with their faces to the ground..

Exodus 25:22 "There I will meet with you; and from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim which are upon the ark of the testimony, I will speak to you about all that I will give you in commandment for the sons of Israel.

Lev.16:2 The LORD said to Moses: "Tell your brother Aaron that he shall not enter at any time into the holy place inside the veil, before the mercy seat which is on the ark, or he will die; for I will appear in the cloud over the mercy seat.

God's presence was manifested by an intense light which at times filled the whole sanctuary, but which settled between the two cherubs over the mercy seat on the ark of the covenant.

Originally Posted By: James P
2. What does all of this mean? It means that the temple and everything in and with it are holy and sacred and enduring only as long as the people who worship there are holy before God.

It was not the people who made anything holy. Only God can make anything holy. His presence makes things (and people) holy. However, when the people turned against God, His presence reluctantly departed, as we see in Ezekiel.

10:3 Now the cherubims stood on the right side of the house, and the cloud filled the inner court.
Ezekiel 10:4 Then the glory of the LORD went up from the cherub, [and stood] over the threshold of the house; and the house was filled with the cloud, and the court was full of the brightness of the LORD'S glory.
10:15 And the cherubims were lifted up.
10:18 Then the glory of the LORD departed from off the threshold of the house,
11:22 Then did the cherubims lift up their wings, and the wheels beside them; and the glory of the God of Israel [was] over them above.
11:23 And the glory of the LORD went up from the midst of the city, and stood upon the mountain which [is] on the east side of the city.

Of course these were REAL cherubim, the ones carved on the ark were only representatives of the real. But God's presence in the Most Holy Place was real. And there in Ezekiel we see that presence leaving the sanctuary prior to its destruction when Jerusalem fell to the Babylonians.

Originally Posted By: James Peterson
Otherwise, they all burn (temple, furniture and people) and are never found again.(Mal. 4:1)

True the temple burned and many people died as well, but that is not proof that all the furniture burned as well. The Babylonians took much of the temple's things to Babylon.

We read in Daniel that King Belshazzar had access to items taken from God's sanctuary.
Daniel 5:3 Then they brought the golden vessels that were taken out of the temple of the house of God which [was] at Jerusalem; and the king, and his princes, his wives, and his concubines, drank in them.

These people had no reverence for God, and their use of the things from God's temple was a serious insult to God.

As to the ark --
We have no statement anywhere in scripture that the ark of the covenant was destroyed. So what happened to the ark? Was it taken by Nebuchadnezzar? Was it destroyed with the city? Or was it removed and hidden safely away?

We do have a precedent in scripture that might give an answer.

Years earlier Pharaoh Shishak of Egypt raided the temple during the reign of Solomon’s son Rehoboam.

2 Chron. 12:9 So Shishak king of Egypt came up against Jerusalem, and took away the treasures of the house of the LORD

But apparently someone (the Levites) managed to hide the ark somewhere as it was no longer in the temple, but the Levites knew where it was. Years later when king Josiah reinstituted the Jewish feasts (the Passover) he asked the Levites to place the ark of the covenant in the temple again.

2 Chron. 35:1 Moreover Josiah kept a Passover unto the LORD in Jerusalem... 35:3 And said unto the Levites that taught all Israel, which were holy unto the LORD, Put the holy ark in the house which Solomon the son of David king of Israel did build

So it is very possible that the same was done before the Babylonians raided and destroyed the temple --

The non-canonical book of 2 Maccabees reports that just prior to the Babylonian invasion, Jeremiah

"prompted by a divine message gave orders that the tent of meeting and the ark should go with him. Then he went away to the mountain from top of which Moses saw God's promised land. When he reached the mountain, Jeremiah found a cave-dwelling; he carried the tent, the ark, and the incense altar into it, then blocked up the entrance. Some of his companions came to mark out the way, but were unable to find it. when Jeremiah learnt of this he reprimanded them. The place shall remain unknown, he said, until God finally gathers his people together and shows mercy to them. then the Lord will bring these things to light again, and the glory of the Lord will appear with the cloud, as it was seen both in the time of Moses and when Solomon prayed that the temple might be worthily consecrated. (2 Maccabees 2:4-6)

Re: Where is the Ark of the Covenant? [Re: kland] #174015
06/08/15 08:36 AM
06/08/15 08:36 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
kland wrote; " Except, if God could have given one human chromosome, why not the full complement? Wasn't Jesus fully human and fully divine?"

We really don't understand how God did this, but Jesus was conceived from the Holy Spirit! So, I don't see how we can know how this was done.

I am one who doesn't agree with Ron Wyatt on a lot of things, but I don't think he is a fraud. I can't understand how Ron Wyatt thought he had found Noah's Ark when George Vandemann had been there already. But he did.

So, I don't believe he is a fraud, but very confused about what to expect.

Re: Where is the Ark of the Covenant? [Re: APL] #174016
06/08/15 08:46 AM
06/08/15 08:46 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: APL

I disagree completely on this point.

It surely can't be on the Sinai peninsula by St, Catherine's Monastery, unless you have some proof to support that idea!

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!