HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (2 invisible), 3,186 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 34 1 2 3 4 33 34
Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: Alchemy] #182543
02/20/17 07:59 AM
02/20/17 07:59 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick

The walls of spiritual Jerusalem, a cloud of protection by day and a pillar of fire by night, lighting the way through the darkness, will once again surround the city of God in the final days of earth's history.
(bold emphasis mine)

Please explain.

At what time do you believe this prophecy will be fulfilled and how?

Zechariah 12 depicts the fulfillment of Daniel's prophecy of the abomination of desolation that Christ has forewarned us we need to study and understand. The abomination of desolation that stands in the Holy Place is explained in Revelation 13, the mark of the beast. Here in Zechariah 12 that abomination is depicted as the final siege of God's people.

There is a 19th century ballad, The Holy City one of my favorites that summarizes the high points of Jerusalem's history and the drama of the final siege that is just before us. The scene where "the streets no longer rang" refers not only to the crucifixion but to this final siege IMO.

Last night I lay a-sleeping
I dreamed a dream so fair,
I stood in old Jerusalem
Beside the temple there.

I heard the children singing,
And ever as they sang,
I thought the voice of angels
From heaven in answer rang
I thought the voice of angels
From heaven in answer rang.

Jerusalem! Jerusalem!
Lift up your gates and sing,
Hosanna in the highest!
Hosanna to your King!

And then I thought my dream was changed,
The streets no longer rang,
Hushed were the glad Hosannas
The little children sang.

The sun grew dark with mystery,
The morn was cold and chill,
As the shadow of a cross arose
Upon a lonely hill.

Jerusalem! Jerusalem!
Hark! How the angels sing,
Hosanna in the highest!
Hosanna to your King!

And once again the scene was changed;
New earth there seemed to be;
I saw the Holy City
Beside the crystal sea.

The light of God was on it's streets,
The gates were open wide,
And all who might enter,
And no one was denied.

No need of moon or stars by night,
Or sun to shine by day;
It was the new Jerusalem
That would not pass away.

Jerusalem! Jerusalem!
Sing for the night is o'er!
Hosanna in the highest!
Hosanna for evermore!

Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: Alchemy] #182544
02/20/17 12:08 PM
02/20/17 12:08 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
By "seventieth seven" do you mean the seventieth week of Daniel 9? If so, that has been completely fulfilled already. Now, there may a dual meaning or secondary meaning if you would please explain that in more detail.

Yes, a dual meaning is what we can look for since all aspects of this prophecy haven't yet been fulfilled. The prophecy says "seventy sevens" in the original and so means a group of seven such as a week, a Sabbatical or a Jubilee. Protestant expositors have known for centuries that the weeks actually represent years. What is less known is that they also represent Sabbaticals and if they are taken in that way the result is exactly the same as using the day-year principle but with the added advantage that there is no conversion of time - the prophecy means exactly what it says without taking a day for year because a Sabbatical is seven years. And taking the seven to mean Sabbaticals also is more in keeping with the divinely intended meaning because it confirms the synchronization of the Sabbaticals of Lev 25 with sacred history.

Modern Jews affirm that the Sabbatical cycle, like the weekly cycle, is still intact from antiquity - that the Jews, ancient and modern, have never lost track of it. Significantly, although they deny Jesus Christ as the Messiah, their own reckoning of the Sabbaticals is an exact fit with Daniel 9 so that 34AD was the final Sabbatical of the 70 which of course confirms that Christ was crucified exactly in the middle of the last Sabbatical cycle in 31AD.

However, the same Jews confess that the Jubilee count was lost after the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans in 70AD. So if we reapply the prophecy in terms of Jubilees to account for the unfulfilled portions, where do we begin?

Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: Charity] #182545
02/20/17 12:50 PM
02/20/17 12:50 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
The way I've calculated it is, I start with the fact that the seventy sevens do synchronize with the sacred history of Israel. The Jubilee year is the 50th year which follows the seventh Sabbatical, the 49th year. So the first test of whether any year is a Jubilee is whether it follows a Sabbatical. For example 35AD could be a Jubilee since it follows a known Sabbatical. And if 34AD is a Sabbatical, 2014-5 is also one and therefore 2015-16 could be a Jubilee as well.

But the only way to know which of the post Sabbatical years is a true Jubilee is to reconstruct the chronology of the OT back to when Israel entered the promised land because this is when God through Moses instructed the Hebrews to begin the Jubilee count. Lev 25.

In a nut shell, I've reviewed OT chronology comparing it especially with Ezekiel 4 which bridges the obscure co-regencies of the kings of Israel and IMO gives us a firm date for the first day of occupation of the promised land, day one when the Jubilee count began, Nissan 10, 3,431 years ago. Josh 4:19.

Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: Charity] #182546
02/20/17 01:39 PM
02/20/17 01:39 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
I admit that there are some things that cause me to question the accuracy of my calculations and how they should be applied so caution is good. We'll have a better picture not many weeks from now if I'm on the right track.

Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: Charity] #182555
02/21/17 04:17 AM
02/21/17 04:17 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
By "seventieth seven" do you mean the seventieth week of Daniel 9? If so, that has been completely fulfilled already. Now, there may a dual meaning or secondary meaning if you would please explain that in more detail.

Yes, a dual meaning is what we can look for since all aspects of this prophecy haven't yet been fulfilled. The prophecy says "seventy sevens" in the original and so means a group of seven such as a week, a Sabbatical or a Jubilee. Protestant expositors have known for centuries that the weeks actually represent years. What is less known is that they also represent Sabbaticals and if they are taken in that way the result is exactly the same as using the day-year principle but with the added advantage that there is no conversion of time - the prophecy means exactly what it says without taking a day for year because a Sabbatical is seven years. And taking the seven to mean Sabbaticals also is more in keeping with the divinely intended meaning because it confirms the synchronization of the Sabbaticals of Lev 25 with sacred history.

Modern Jews affirm that the Sabbatical cycle, like the weekly cycle, is still intact from antiquity - that the Jews, ancient and modern, have never lost track of it. Significantly, although they deny Jesus Christ as the Messiah, their own reckoning of the Sabbaticals is an exact fit with Daniel 9 so that 34AD was the final Sabbatical of the 70 which of course confirms that Christ was crucified exactly in the middle of the last Sabbatical cycle in 31AD.

However, the same Jews confess that the Jubilee count was lost after the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans in 70AD. So if we reapply the prophecy in terms of Jubilees to account for the unfulfilled portions, where do we begin?
(bold emphasis mine)

What hasn't yet been fulfilled from the 490 years prophecy in Daniel 9?

Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: Alchemy] #182558
02/21/17 01:54 PM
02/21/17 01:54 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
What hasn't yet been fulfilled from the 490 years prophecy in Daniel 9?

I cover that in my first post of the thread. But briefly, everlasting righteousness hasn't yet been established in spiritual Israel and the division of the seven and sixty two weeks has no historic fulfillment. According to the Jews, the second temple was 46 years in building rather than 49 and the anointed one did not come at that time.

Malachi 3 is the fulfillment of this part of Daniel 9 IMO. The overwhelming surprise that EG White speaks of is when Christ suddenly comes to His temple at the judgment of the living. This is what divides the 69 weeks into two segments of seven and sixty two.

Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: Charity] #182559
02/21/17 06:30 PM
02/21/17 06:30 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
In 1989 I had a dream.  Two holy men in heaven were talking discussing the end of the seventy weeks and one said to the other that at the end of that period everlasting righteousness could have been established in Israel if they had accepted the Messiah.  It wasn't until recently that it occurred to me that this implies that the prophecy of Daniel 9 will eventually be fulfilled at the sealing of spiritual Israel. 

Some expositors such as George Whitfield have held that Christ established the everlasting righteousness of Daniel 9 at the cross, and while this is a glorious truth, it is only part of it. The purpose of the cross is to bring everlasting righteousness to God's people, spiritual Israel. That only happens when the church is fully settled into the truth, perfected and sealed by the Holy Spirit. It occurs first in the sealing of the 144,000 and then in the great multitude. This is where the everlasting righteousness spoken of in Daniel 9 is fully established.

We are near the fulfillment of Rev 7 but Rev 7 is the fulfillment of Daniel 9. One evidence of this is that there is no historic fulfillment of the seven and sixty two weeks. If all of the particulars of a prophecy haven't been fulfilled, we are to look to the future for a complete fulfillment.

But there is potentially greater evidence that could help confirm or disprove my thesis. The seventieth seven, that is, the 70th Jubilee expires this spring which suggests liberation for the church but judgment for the world. If my calculations are correct I only have a couple of months to see more about whether I'm on the right track.  

I just read this. I think your deduction is quite insightful Mark despite I don't agree with several of your statement..But that's not a problem with me. Overall I agree with the basic of the Revelation you have received and I think it is guiding your thoughts in the right direction.

Just a quick comment if I may ... in my view the end of the 70th week ended at the cross. (we have to review our 70 weeks interpretation by putting aside at the door our 1844 dissappointement idol. For those that are capable, I would recommend reading Dr. Stephen Jones Daniel's Seventy Weeks study of it. Up to now I haven't perceived any flaws in it.) .... and I believe that the cross was a major event ( despite the Jews or others doesn't regard it as such).
I don't believe in this type of interpretation --- that last week of the 70 weeks is only fulfilled before the crowning of the 144k. Non! I believe the whole cycle of the 70 weeks finish at the cross. That was the end of the primary fulfillment of Dan 9. However, the 70 weeks prophecy can become a TYPE that the cycle of events that primarily revolved around Christ at His 1st coming -- is repeated at the end time but this time the players is different and it revolves around the 144K(who are the body of Christ... in essence represents Christ Corporately). So I do agree with your insight that there are some sort of repeat of events with the 144K and based on the Type Christ has established.

Originally Posted By: MarkS.
The purpose of the cross is to bring everlasting righteousness to God's people, spiritual Israel. That only happens when the church is fully settled into the truth, perfected and sealed by the Holy Spirit. It occurs first in the sealing of the 144,000 and then in the great multitude. This is where the everlasting righteousness spoken of in Daniel 9 is fully established.

I do agree with you that the 144K are first (aka the first fruits of the harvest according to the feasts laws) and the great multitude (the corrupt believers and the remaining of the world) later(after the 2nd resurrection) that represents the other two harvests in the Feasts cycle.

Mark, I believe that we need to view Jesus 1st & 2nd coming in perspective of the Feasts described in the law and elsewhere in scriptures. Jesus 1st coming only fulfilled the Passover Feast (and the start of Pentecost 50days later).

Jesus 2nd coming [the 144k(the body of Jesus) + Jesus (the head)] will be fulfilling the Fall Feast (aka Tabernacle Feasts).

So the two comings has to be understood in the context of the spiritual meaning of these two feasts.

The cleansing of the temple was represented by two Doves in Lev14 and two Goats in Lev 16.

The first Dove & goat had to die. The 2nd dove was dipped in the blood of the first dove, which represents that the work of the 2nd dove is based on the work of the first. It takes two doves Not ONE to cleanse the temple which is our own body that is afflicted with "Leprosy" (sin) which is a slow death.

Also consider that their were two daily sacrifices that can be view as representing Jesus two comings. The morning sacrifice represents Christ 1st coming that occur in the spring feasts. And the evening represents the 2nd coming that occurs in the fall feasts.

The main point here, is that it requires two doves and two goats to clean the temple which represents Christ two comings. We know for a fact that Christ completed His first work -- which is a "death" work which declares all righteous based on Christ redemption right and based on His ability to bring about this righteousness into our hearts by writing His Laws there as vowed in Jer 33 and in many other places in scriptures.

And we know that Christ 2nd coming hasn't come yet.... right? So the 2nd work of Christ to cleanse the temple hasn't started nor have been fulfilled yet.

His second coming is to do some sort of "live work" where in the type we have the dove is "released in the field" by which Jesus explained the meaning of the symbol by saying "the field is the world".

The "live work" is yet to be seen to be fulfilled and according to what I read from the type in the law, in Ezekiel temple prophecies,and other scriptures....the work of Christ at His 2nd coming is perform thru the 144 K. They will do greater work that Christ did at His first coming. That's my understanding of what Lev 14, Lev 16, Daniel 9, Revelation 19 & 20, and other scriptures.

Blessings
Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: Charity] #182561
02/21/17 08:45 PM
02/21/17 08:45 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Elle, I've been wondering why the daily sacrifice goes from morning and evening in the Mosaic to just morning in Ezekiel's for a long time. Maybe it's because in Ezekiel's temple the 144k are already cleansed: The only cleansing left is for the multitude so only a morning sacrifice is offered. Solemn but joyful thought. I think we're near that time. Maranatha.

Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: Charity] #182562
02/21/17 10:20 PM
02/21/17 10:20 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Ellen White says the two cleansings of the temple by Christ are symbolic of the double cleansing of the end-time church. In her statement as I recall it, she equates the first cleansing with the second angel's message and the second cleansing with the third.

If we tie that in with the two temples, the Mosaic and Ezekiel's, it is the second angel's message that calls spiritual Israel out of Babylon. Once they are out of Babylon, their atonement is complete. They are not beyond sinning but they are cleansed by the blood of Christ so there is a change in the heavenly service as illustrated in Ezekiel's temple where there is only one daily offering. It is these twelve tribes who then give the final message, the third one, in the power of the latter rain. That is why, in Rev 14 the 144k are pictured before the three angels. These messages are brought to their climax at the loud cry of the third angel by the 144k.

Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: Charity] #182566
02/22/17 12:46 PM
02/22/17 12:46 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Elle, I've been wondering why the daily sacrifice goes from morning and evening in the Mosaic to just morning in Ezekiel's for a long time. Maybe it's because in Ezekiel's temple the 144k are already cleansed: The only cleansing left is for the multitude so only a morning sacrifice is offered. Solemn but joyful thought. I think we're near that time. Maranatha.

Yes, we've talked about this before but not with this perspective in mind.

I like the way you structured your statement underlined. Your statement made me think about Jacob after he just received the name Israel(God rules) after overcoming.

When Jacob left Laban, he made 3 stops(1st encampment represented Feast ofTrumpet, the 2nd=Day of Atonement, and the 3rd = Tabernacle) that the names of the encampment and the event that occurred there reveal some puzzle pieces of the spiritual meaning of the Fall Feasts that points forward to Jesus 2nd coming.

There are other stories in scriptures as such that also reveal other puzzle pieces about these fall feasts. It is by collecting all of these feasts stories and trying to see the Lord's meanings attached to it described in these stories, events, name, numbers,.... that we can come to see a picture forming from these several Biblical pieces.

So in just focusing on Jacob's the 3rd encampment which is AFTER the day of Atonement that reveal some info about Tabernacle (when the 144K will received their immortal & righteous robe). That 3rd encampment was call "Sukkoth" (which means tents in plural form) ... however when you read the story Jacob didn't built for himself a sukka(singular form of tent) but instead build himself a house that required a foundation. It was his sheep and other livestocks that lived in these sukkoths that he build -- not him.

In the law type, the Lord made Israel live in Sukkoth (tents) right from the day they left Egypt and got circumcized and got baptized thru the red sea. Meaning they lived in tents during the Passover and Pentecost maturity level of faith. Only those that enter the promise land(== Tabernacle) were allowed to built a house and live in it.

So we see this pattern repeated in Jacob story. While Jacob (an overcomer representing the 144K Type) build himself a house(=Tabernacle) when he entered Canaan, the remaining of the Lord's "sheeps" and "goats" that are still in the "Passover" and "Pentecost" level of faith still needs to live in sukkoths(tents) until they enter themselves the promise land (== Tabernacle) at God's next appointed time.

I don't know if you can follow what I'm saying, but I'm agreeing with your impression that I have underlined. So if our impression is correct that the morning sacrifice points to the Spring Feasts and the Evening sacrifice points to the Fall Feasts.... Yeah... I think your statement fits the pattern layed in scripture.

Blessings
Page 2 of 34 1 2 3 4 33 34

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!