HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,847 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: How often should we worship? [Re: Anonymous] #174143
06/12/15 04:30 PM
06/12/15 04:30 PM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland
Most of our churches are blessed by having a Sabath School where people have the opportunity of voicing their opinions - or light received.

"Here is a last piece of advice. If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good. Model your conduct on what you have learned from me, on what I have told you and shown you, and you will find the God of peace will be with you."
Re: How often should we worship? [Re: Anonymous] #174152
06/13/15 04:03 AM
06/13/15 04:03 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
So often when worship is discussed the conversations turn to what happens in church. However the topic began with daily worship. How often are we to engage in daily worship; and more importantly how does regular everyday worship become meaningful with a true sense of connection with God?

Quote:
Who has the heart? With whom are our thoughts? Upon whom do we love to converse? Who has our warmest affections and our best energies? If we are on the Lord's side, our thoughts are with Him, and our sweetest thoughts are of Him. We have no friendship with the world; we have consecrated all that we have and are to Him. We long to bear His image, breathe His spirit, do His will, and please Him in all things. {FLB 220.3}
Bible religion is not one influence among many others, but its influence is supreme, pervading and controlling every other influence. Bible religion is to exercise control over life and conduct. It is not to be like a dash of color, brushed here and there upon the canvas, but its influence is to pervade the whole life, as though the canvas were dipped into color until every thread of the fabric was dyed in a deep, fast, unfading hue. {FLB 220.4}

Re: How often should we worship? [Re: Catherine] #174601
06/25/15 01:58 AM
06/25/15 01:58 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: Catherine
I'm not so sure that would be a good thing to do every week. Sister White said that we should not spend the entire Sabbath indoors, but especially if we have young children, we should take the opportunity in the afternoon to get outdoors and enjoy God's second book - nature.<P>A couple from our church has visited at the Yahweh church a few times. It is another Sabbath-keeping church. I doubt that they have ever had any past connection with the SDA church, but they conduct their morning services like God told us through Sister White that we should. They do not sit there and listen to sermons, everyone partcipates, with whatever they feel God has given them for that week, whether a song, a testimony, a scripture, etc., each taking his/her turn in perfect order. Even those who may not be quite "all there" are allowed to make their contribution, with the rest patiently giving them their full attention. Then they have a fellowship meal and have a preaching service in the afternoon.<P>I wish that our church would conduct most of our meetings as testimony meetings, as God directed, and as the Yahweh church does in the mornings. They would be such a blessing to us all. But I do not think it is good to spend all day in meetings every Sabbath, especially if small children are involved. <P>------------------<BR>The Lord is the strength of my life and my portion forever.

Blessings Catherine,

I have visited a LDS or Mormon church before, and their service is very much driven by personal testimonies and the Bishop simply serves as an Overseer. They have a Bible Study time of service and a part of the service where the men and women separate.

I am not mentioning this to somehow cast prejudice on this practice from the Yahweh Church, but, just to show other churches also practice this type of service.

I would say this though, I am not aware of where Sister White says our services should be more in this order?

God Bless.

Re: How often should we worship? [Re: Daryl] #174602
06/25/15 02:21 AM
06/25/15 02:21 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: Daryl
How often we worship should not be determined by anybody other than ourself. In other words, how often we worship or how we worship should come from our own heart, not from the heart of anybody else.<P>__________________________<BR>In His Love, Mercy & Grace<P>Daryl []http://www.maritime-sda-online.org/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif[/]<p>[This message has been edited by Daryl Fawcett (edited March 27, 2001).]

Agreed Daryl.

We never want to make a formality out of our worship for God. Personally, the more Spirit and Truth from God toward us and our acceptance of that Spirit and Truth is what it's all about.

Re: How often should we worship? [Re: dedication] #174603
06/25/15 02:37 AM
06/25/15 02:37 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: dedication
I agree that out of respect and the need for peaceful assembly people should not speak out, giving their own message, while the pastor is preaching.
We do give members opportunity to share and discuss Biblical themed subjects during the Sabbath School hour, but usually not during the main service when the Pastor usually presents his message without interruptions.

Yet, where in scripture does it say anything about this policy? Where in scripture does it say anything about a required ultra formal service with all this dignity and sanctity focused on one human?

I agree that there should be reverence -- as the church is a place where God meets with His people. But your remarks sound more like everyone is worshipping the speaker, rather than coming together to worship God.

Agreed dedication.

We need to maintain a decent and orderly service. The Holy Spirit is not an author of confusion. But, after the service is completed, this brother "B" should be allowed to express his convictions for all who wish to hear can hear!

I still remember about 25 years ago when the Head Elder of our congregation was giving the sermon because the Pastor wasn't there. And this Sabbath morning was very busy for some reason and a visitor for the first time asked to deliver a message that he claimed was from God. This guy's name was John. Well, our Elder told John that before the sermon he would give him an opportunity to deliver this message.

So, while our Head Elder was at the pulpit, he introduced John and asked him to stand where he was in the congregation and deliver his message.

His message was pantheism. You could see the color leave the face of our Head Elder. But, I still believe he handled it well! John was not allowed to the pulpit and after he was done everyone was satisfied they understood who John was and what he was about.

I understand we are always concerned about visitors, but people explained why he was allowed to speak and no damage was done as far as I know of.

But, I don't believe people should be allowed to just interrupt the service to deliver their message.

Re: How often should we worship? [Re: Juan Jeanniton] #174604
06/25/15 02:41 AM
06/25/15 02:41 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: Juan Jeanniton
Quote:
What if error is being preached?

Then I encourage all the laity to examine these things for themselves silently while showing all due respect for the pastor's office, obeying him in all things appertaining unto his lawful authority and not contrary to the Word of God expressly written.

Daryl is right!

These kind of issues can be and should be handled better than brother "B".

Re: How often should we worship? [Re: dedication] #174605
06/25/15 02:43 AM
06/25/15 02:43 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
dedication wrote;

"So often when worship is discussed the conversations turn to what happens in church. However the topic began with daily worship. How often are we to engage in daily worship; and more importantly how does regular everyday worship become meaningful with a true sense of connection with God?"

Excellent points dedication.

We need to get back to the point of this thread.

Re: How often should we worship? [Re: Anonymous] #182977
03/27/17 12:49 AM
03/27/17 12:49 AM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
This is an interesting subject.

Someone brought out about Jesus praying all night. Someone else brought out that we need our rest. I would like to point out that Jesus received His rest, refreshment, and power to minister to the crowds who constantly followed Him, through all night communication sessions with His Father.

One example of Jesus receiving refreshment that His disciples couldn't understand was during His meeting with the Samaritan woman at the well. His disciples asked Him after she left to go into town to tell others about what He had done why He no longer needed to eat or drink. His answer was, I have meat that you don't know about. In other words, His contact with His Father during His witnessing was so close that the divine contact gave Him strength and refreshment. It took away, if not His need, at least His hunger for food and refreshment.

Ellen White tells us that when we really get to know God our hearts will often burn within us as He draws near to reveal His secrets to us. I've experienced that a few times during all night Bible studies in which I was so engrossed that I stayed up all night without realizing it. And I was NOT tired or worn out the next morning. It was as if I had gotten, not a good night's sleep, but a great night's sleep.

Contact with the divine nature of God is refreshing. It is life giving.

Last edited by Gary K; 03/27/17 12:51 AM.
Re: How often should we worship? [Re: ] #182994
03/28/17 03:44 AM
03/28/17 03:44 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
I do believe personal worship can be more important than worship at church on Sabbath just because of the personal nature of it.

I need to hear more clearly the voice of God in my heart and personal worship is the best training for that.

Re: How often should we worship? [Re: Alchemy] #183037
03/31/17 01:53 AM
03/31/17 01:53 AM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
I do believe personal worship can be more important than worship at church on Sabbath just because of the personal nature of it.

I need to hear more clearly the voice of God in my heart and personal worship is the best training for that.

A personal relationship with God cannot exist without personal worship time: prayer and study. How else is God really going to reach us as individuals in the intimate manner He desires to if we do not spend personal time with Him?

That opening of the heart to God in personal worship has everything to do with our abiding relationship with Him. And only as He abides in us can we show Him to others.

How often then should we worship? I would say it needs to be continually.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!