HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 34 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 33 34
Re: Is there a Biblical/Divine calendar? [Re: Charity] #183178
04/08/17 09:52 PM
04/08/17 09:52 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Christ's command to Mary to not detain him because he had not yet ascended to the Father is a further evidence that he presented himself to the Father immediately after his resurrection as the Firstfruits on the day of his resurrection, Sunday, the third day of Unleavened Bread apparently.

Re: Is there a Biblical/Divine calendar? [Re: Charity] #183187
04/08/17 11:31 PM
04/08/17 11:31 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Mark, on which day was the Passover lamb sacrifice? 2 days later was the day of First Fruits. Who was the Passover Lamb? When was he sacrificed? An interesting question to ask is why did Christ eat the Passover on Thursday the day before the real sacrifice?

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Is there a Biblical/Divine calendar? [Re: APL] #183188
04/09/17 01:02 AM
04/09/17 01:02 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: APL
Mark, on which day was the Passover lamb sacrifice?

Thursday.
Quote:
2 days later was the day of First Fruits. Who was the Passover Lamb? When was he sacrificed?
The crucifixion was on Friday.
Quote:
An interesting question to ask is why did Christ eat the Passover on Thursday the day before the real sacrifice?
He ate it Thursday evening which is the beginning of the sixth day, Friday. So as Ellen White says, Christ was sacrificed on the day the Passover was eaten, Friday.

When was the first day of Unleavened Bread at the crucifixion APL? Wasn't it Friday? If it was Sabbath rather than Friday then it works. But that would mean that either Thursday was not the Passover, it was actually Friday or that there is a one day gap between the Passover on Thursday and the start of Unleavened Bread on Sabbath.

Re: Is there a Biblical/Divine calendar? [Re: Charity] #183195
04/09/17 03:56 AM
04/09/17 03:56 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
On what day was Christ crucified? Friday, the 14th day of the month that year. The Wave Sheaf was presented 2 days later, on the first day of the week the year Christ was crucified. Ellen White tells us that Christ was crucified on the very day the type pointed to, and that was Friday that year. 2 days later, Christ was presented as the wave sheaf. When Christ died, the lamb that was to represent Christ our Passover was brought into the temple. When Christ said, "it is finished," the veil was torn in half, and the priest, trembling dropped the knife, and the lamb escaped. Read it in her words:

On the fourteenth day of the month, at even, the Passover was celebrated, its solemn, impressive ceremonies commemorating the deliverance from bondage in Egypt, and pointing forward to the sacrifice that should deliver from the bondage of sin. When the Saviour yielded up His life on Calvary, the significance of the Passover ceased, and the ordinance of the Lord's Supper was instituted as a memorial of the same event of which the Passover had been a type. {PP 539.3}

The Passover was followed by the seven day's feast of unleavened bread. The first and the seventh day were days of holy convocation, when no servile work was to be performed.
On the second day of the feast, the first fruits of the year's harvest were presented before God. Barley was the earliest grain in Palestine, and at the opening of the feast it was beginning to ripen. A sheaf of this grain was waved by the priest before the altar of God, as an acknowledgment that all was His. Not until this ceremony had been performed was the harvest to be gathered. {PP 539.4}

Fifty days from the offering of first fruits, came the Pentecost, called also the feast of harvest and the feast of weeks. {PP 540.1}

---

The slaying of the Passover lamb was a shadow of the death of Christ. Says Paul: "Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us."
1 Corinthians 5:7. The sheaf of first fruits, which at the time of the Passover was waved before the Lord, was typical of the resurrection of Christ. Paul says, in speaking of the resurrection of the Lord and of all His people: "Christ the first fruits; afterward they that are Christ's at His coming." 1 Corinthians 15:23. Like the wave sheaf, which was the first ripe grain gathered before the harvest, Christ is the first fruits of that immortal harvest of redeemed ones that at the future resurrection shall be gathered into the garner of God. {GC 399.2}

These types were fulfilled, not only as to the event, but as to the time. On the fourteenth day of the first Jewish month, the very day and month on which for fifteen long centuries the Passover lamb had been slain, Christ, having eaten the Passover with His disciples, instituted that feast which was to commemorate His own death as "the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world." That same night He was taken by wicked hands to be crucified and slain. And as the antitype of the wave sheaf our Lord was raised from the dead on the third day, "the first fruits of them that slept," a sample of all the resurrected just, whose "vile body" shall be changed, and "fashioned like unto His glorious body."
Philippians 3:21. {GC 399.3}

---

When the loud cry, "It is finished," came from the lips of Christ, the priests were officiating in the temple. It was the hour of the evening sacrifice. The lamb representing Christ had been brought to be slain. Clothed in his significant and beautiful dress, the priest stood with lifted knife, as did Abraham when he was about to slay his son. With intense interest the people were looking on. But the earth trembles and quakes; for the Lord Himself draws near. With a rending noise the inner veil of the temple is torn from top to bottom by an unseen hand, throwing open to the gaze of the multitude a place once filled with the presence of God. In this place the Shekinah had dwelt. Here God had manifested His glory above the mercy seat. No one but the high priest ever lifted the veil separating this apartment from the rest of the temple. He entered in once a year to make an atonement for the sins of the people. But lo, this veil is rent in twain. The most holy place of the earthly sanctuary is no longer sacred. {DA 756.5}

All is terror and confusion. The priest is about to slay the victim; but the knife drops from his nerveless hand, and the lamb escapes. Type has met antitype in the death of God's Son. The great sacrifice has been made. The way into the holiest is laid open. A new and living way is prepared for all. No longer need sinful, sorrowing humanity await the coming of the high priest. Henceforth the Saviour was to officiate as priest and advocate in the heaven of heavens. It was as if a living voice had spoken to the worshipers: There is now an end to all sacrifices and offerings for sin. The Son of God is come according to His word, "Lo, I come (in the volume of the Book it is written of Me,) to do Thy will, O God." "By His own blood" He entereth "in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us."
Hebrews 10:7; 9:12. {DA 757.1}

Christ ate the Passover meal with his disciples, the night before His crucifixion. But it is clear from EGW that the Passover lamb had not yet been crucified as it escaped in the confusion... Passover Sabbath was also the 7th-day Sabbath, a High Sabbath.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Is there a Biblical/Divine calendar? [Re: Charity] #183202
04/09/17 03:25 PM
04/09/17 03:25 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
APL this next question I'm going to ask is not to argue but to help me understand your line of reasoning. I'll welcome any solution that solves the issue such as Friday being the 14th. That sounds good to me if it is factual. My question is: How can Friday be the 14th day of the month if Christ ate the Passover the day before? Basically what you seem to be saying (but my question is to verify whether I'm understanding you) that the Passover is actually observed at the start rather than the end of the 14th at evening. I'm not saying that's impossible, but can you give something tangible from scripture that would support that view. And can that be reconciled with the rest of Lev 23?

For example my understanding, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that the week of Unleavened Bread was also called the Passover week. The first day of Unleavened Bread was the first day of the Passover, the 15th. The Passover lambs slain in the temple on the afternoon of the 14th (or the 13th, if you are correct) were provided by heads of families and part of the evening Passover feast eaten throughout Jerusalem. The Lamb slain on Friday was part of the corporate Passover offering set out in Numbers 28:19-24 for the first day of Passover.

So one of the issues with your view is that if the 14th is Friday, there would be no corporate Passover lamb as specified in Numbers 28 because that offering wasn't made until the 15th. . . . Unless maybe you count the daily evening sacrifice as the Passover lamb on that day.

Last edited by Mark Shipowick; 04/09/17 03:54 PM.
Re: Is there a Biblical/Divine calendar? [Re: Charity] #183207
04/09/17 07:28 PM
04/09/17 07:28 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Quote:
Exo 12:6 And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening. Exo 12:8 And they shall eat the flesh in that night, roast with fire, and unleavened bread; and with bitter herbs they shall eat it.
Can the Friday Passover be harmonized with this text? Maybe. In that case the Israelists would have slain the lamb at the start of the 14th day rather than at the end of it and eaten it during the first part of the 14th rather than the 15th. That sounds feasible. Edersheim if I remember right says that's not possible because the law required that all sacrifices were to be slain between sunrise and sunset. But that's not stated directly in the law. What is stated is that all national corporate offerings have to be made between the morning and evening sacrifices. But the Passover is not a corporate sacrifice. Instead it was the sacrifice of individual families so it is possible this could be offered after the evening sacrifice or it could be (and this is more likely imo) that the corporate daily offering was made at night after the Passover lambs of families were offered.

Re: Is there a Biblical/Divine calendar? [Re: Charity] #183211
04/09/17 10:35 PM
04/09/17 10:35 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
The more I look at this the more I'm inclined to think Passover actually does start at the beginning of the 14th at evening rather than at the end. If the modern Jews are right in eating the Passover after the start of the 15th then the angel actually passed over the blood sprinkled homes of the Israelites on the 15th. That would seem to contradict the name of the feast because it seems clear that the actual act of the angel passing over and sparing Israel's firstborn should be on the day it was celebrated, the 14th.

Last edited by Mark Shipowick; 04/09/17 10:41 PM.
Re: Is there a Biblical/Divine calendar? [Re: Charity] #183213
04/10/17 04:15 AM
04/10/17 04:15 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: mark
APL this next question I'm going to ask is not to argue but to help me understand your line of reasoning. I'll welcome any solution that solves the issue such as Friday being the 14th. That sounds good to me if it is factual. My question is: How can Friday be the 14th day of the month if Christ ate the Passover the day before?
First - do not get the days of the month confused. I did NOT say that Christ ate the Passover with His disciples on the 13th. I said, the night before His crucifixion, which was indeed the 14th. Evening and Morning are the days. Christ was crucified on the 14th at 9AM and died at 3PM. In the type, when was the lamb to be EATEN? Not before it was sacrificed. The lamb was sacrificed on the 14th, and eaten at even, that is on the start of the 15th. This is the first day of unleavened bread, all sin was removed. The next day, the 16th of Nisan, is the Wave Sheaf, and 50 days later would be Pentecost. The first day of unleavened bread could only start after all leaven, sin, was removed. All sin was finally removed on the 14th.

Follow the type all the way through and it makes sense. All leaven (sin) was to be put away out of the house before angel passed through the land, correct? When did the angel pass through the land, on the 14th or 15th? When Christ ate the Passover, was there a lamb eaten at that meal? We are not told there was. And why was there no lamb? All sin was to be put away and sent out before the angel passed over the land of Egypt. Judas represented in type sin and immediately after dipping his bread in the bowl with Jesus, he went out away from Christ and killed himself before noon (on Friday), the 14th of Nisan, demonstrating the getting rid of sin. Christ told His disciples that he desired to eat it before He suffered, and that meal instituted the Lord's Supper, and Christ who IS our Passover Lamb was with out sin.

The Old and New covenant also are demonstrated. In the Old, the removal of sin was done by the people for they promised to do it, but they could not. In the New, sin is removed by God and like Judas, sin cannot remain in the presence of God. But I digress.

I think I can get you a link to an very interesting talk recently given on the 13th, 14th, and 15th, if you are interested.

Re: Is there a Biblical/Divine calendar? [Re: Charity] #183217
04/10/17 09:00 AM
04/10/17 09:00 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
So the Passover was Friday in your view which means as you say that if the Passover meal was celebrated at the end of the 14th then Christ ate the meal on the 14th but the Passover lamb and the rest of the Jews actually ate it on the 15th, our Friday evening.
Quote:
Follow the type all the way through and it makes sense. All leaven (sin) was to be put away out of the house before angel passed through the land, correct? When did the angel pass through the land, on the 14th or 15th?

The name Passover is given to the 14th so I'd say it's a good fit, the 14th but I haven't ruled out the 15th because today I was looking at the law of Unleavened Bread and it runs from the 15th to the 21st at evening, and in that case it seems clear that the evening of the 21st is the end of the day.
Quote:
When Christ ate the Passover, was there a lamb eaten at that meal? We are not told there was. And why was there no lamb?

We are not told whether there was a lamb or not. That there was a lamb is strongly implied because Christ said he was eating the Passover with his disciples and the central item in the Passover meal was the Lamb.
Quote:
All sin was to be put away and sent out before the angel passed over the land of Egypt. Judas represented in type sin and immediately after dipping his bread in the bowl with Jesus, he went out away from Christ and killed himself before noon (on Friday), the 14th of Nisan, demonstrating the getting rid of sin.

It is a fact that the Passover Bread is unleavened, but the law that leaven was to be removed applies to the first day of Unleavened Bread and the following six days. See below. In the type, it is the Passover that comes first showing that leaven is removed by the sacrifice:
Quote:
Exo 12:15 Seven days shall ye eat unleavened bread; even the first day ye shall put away leaven out of your houses: for whosoever eateth leavened bread from the first day until the seventh day, that soul shall be cut off from Israel.
Exo 12:16 And in the first day there shall be an holy convocation, and in the seventh day there shall be an holy convocation to you; no manner of work shall be done in them, save that which every man must eat, that only may be done of you.

Notice carefully, it was lawful to eat leavened bread on the day of the 14th up to the sacrifice and feast.

If you have the link handy I'll have a look.

Last edited by Mark Shipowick; 04/10/17 09:08 AM.
Re: Is there a Biblical/Divine calendar? [Re: Charity] #183218
04/10/17 09:26 AM
04/10/17 09:26 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Another thing: If Christ was sacrificed on the day the Passover was eaten as it says in the SOP, and if you place the Passover on Friday evening (the first part of the Sabbath day), then her statement is false. In that case the meal would have been eaten by the Jews on Sabbath evening, the day following Christ's sacrifice.

Page 29 of 34 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 33 34

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!