HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,198
Posts195,591
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, TruthinTypes, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, 2 invisible), 2,634 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: "Easter" Questions [Re: Elle] #183462
04/25/17 01:26 PM
04/25/17 01:26 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Elle
APL, dedication, kland and Alchemy...if you guys want to talk about how Easter Sunday sabotage the Sabbath keeping or that "Easter Sunday" is not the proper way to call it ...then start a new discussion. There's no need to hi-jack this one. This topic is not about what you guys want to talk about.

Elle, The Wanderer asked:
Originally Posted By: The Wanderer
How does "Easter Sunday" promote a "false Sabbath?" smile

I answered.
Do you see a problem with that?

Re: "Easter" Questions [Re: kland] #183465
04/25/17 03:11 PM
04/25/17 03:11 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: kland
APL, dedication, kland and Alchemy...if you guys want to talk about how Easter Sunday sabotage the Sabbath keeping or that "Easter Sunday" is not the proper way to call it ...then start a new discussion. There's no need to hi-jack this one. This topic is not about what you guys want to talk about.

Elle, The Wanderer asked:
How does "Easter Sunday" promote a "false Sabbath?" smile

I answered.
Do you see a problem with that?

I do see a problem with that.

The Wanderer, being new here, doesn't know everyone and was only nice to you despite your attempt to veer off the discussion. You've been here as long as I ... how many years is it -- almost 10 years now. You know as well as I about how prominent topic hi-jacking is despite the many attempts of a moderator and other members that tries to bring it back on track.

I'm glad that the Wanderer did kindly bring us back to the topic.

The problem I see is you, and many others here, that should know very well by now that you should start a new topic if you want to talk about something else that cannot be resolved in a few posts. And Moderator dedication, who should make sure topics stays on track, have no excuse and should not be found contributing in it to any great extend. I think she should repent, or be striped off of her authority that Daryl has entrusted her with.

There's no need to hi-jack topics...unless your goal is to confuse matters and divert the topic at hand. I'm sure no one wants to do that, right?

Blessings
Re: "Easter" Questions [Re: Alchemy] #183467
04/25/17 05:10 PM
04/25/17 05:10 PM
T
The Wanderer  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
Originally Posted By: Alchemy

I find it wise to listen to God's prophets. SOP being the Spirit of Prophecy.
Awesome! Good to hear my friend. We have a point in common to build on! More later. smile

"The worst foes of my spiritual life have never been hostile circumstance."

"There is always a little bit of light" (Micah 7:8)
https://www.lightintheclouds.net/word

Sincerely, IN Christ; and THROUGH The Spirit

- The Wanderer
Re: "Easter" Questions [Re: kland] #183468
04/25/17 05:28 PM
04/25/17 05:28 PM
T
The Wanderer  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
I answered.Do you see a problem with that?
The best answer that I have to some of the "Easter Questions" would be a short continuance in exploring Christ and Him crucified; for as I earlier said, that is the whole point of the resurrection. May God add His blessing to the reading of His Word, and His testimonies:

Quote:
The cross of Calvary challenges, and will finally vanquish every earthly and Hellish power. In the cross all influence centers, and from it all influence goes forth. It is the great center of attraction; for on it Christ gave up His life for the human race. This sacrifice was offered for the purpose of restoring man to his original perfection; yea, more. It was offered to give him an entire transformation of character, making him more than a conqueror. . . . {7ABC 457.4}

If the cross does not find an influence in its favor, it creates an influence. Through generation succeeding generation, the truth for this time is revealed as present truth. Christ on the cross was the medium whereby mercy and truth met together, and righteousness 458and peace kissed each other. This is the means that is to move the world.-- Manuscript 56, 1899. {7ABC 457.5}

There is one great central truth to be kept ever before the mind in the searching of the Scriptures--Christ and Him crucified. Every other truth is invested with influence and power corresponding to its relation to this theme. It is only in the light of the cross that we can discern the exalted character of the law of God. The soul palsied by sin can be endowed with life only through the work wrought out upon the cross by the Author of our salvation.--Manuscript 31, 1890. {7ABC 458.1}

- The Wanderer
Re: "Easter" Questions [Re: The Wanderer] #183473
04/26/17 06:37 AM
04/26/17 06:37 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: APL
If one's thrust is to promote a false Sabbath (7th-day), then lets push Easter Sunday, and ignore the whole meaning of the Passover and Feast of Unleavened Bread!
I don't think that the typical "Easter Sunday" has any functions that would promote a false Sabbath. That does not seem to fit with my OP either. But if you have some clear documentation about this, it would be worth looking at. How does "Easter Sunday" promote a "false Sabbath?" smile

Remember in another thread you mentioned;

Arguments that use truth to prove an untruth?

That is exactly what was, and still is being done with the glorious truth of the resurrection of Christ, it is being used to prove an untruth!

In your last post you quoted:
"It is only in the light of the cross that we can discern the exalted character of the law of God. The soul palsied by sin can be endowed with life only through the work wrought out upon the cross by the Author of our salvation.--Manuscript 31, 1890. {7ABC 458.1}

Add to that:
"The cross of Christ testifies to the immutability of the law of God--testifies that God so loved us that He gave His Son to die for our sins; ... God's moral standard could not be changed to meet man in his fallen condition. {1SM 312.2}

Yet how has this been reversed in the Christian world?

Originally Posted By: EGW
In the first centuries the true Sabbath had been kept by all Christians. They were jealous for the honor of God, and, believing that his law is immutable, they zealously guarded the sacredness of its precepts.
But with great subtlety, Satan worked through his agents to bring about his object. That the attention of the people might be called to the Sunday, it was made a festival in honor of the resurrection of Christ....
Protestants now urge that the resurrection of Christ on Sunday made it the Christian Sabbath. But Scripture evidence is lacking. No such honor was given to the day by Christ or his apostles. The observance of Sunday as a Christian institution had its origin in that “mystery of lawlessness”{GC88 52

To see the reality of how the resurrection was used to disannul God's law, just consider Pope John Paul II' Sunday keeping letter.

APOSTOLIC LETTER
DIES DOMINI
OF THE HOLY FATHER
JOHN PAUL II

He begins the letter with this:

Quote:
1. The Lord's Day — as Sunday was called from Apostolic times — has always been accorded special attention in the history of the Church because of its close connection with the very core of the Christian mystery. In fact, in the weekly reckoning of time Sunday recalls the day of Christ's Resurrection. It is Easter which returns week by week, celebrating Christ's victory over sin and death,

His second point
Quote:
2. The Resurrection of Jesus is the fundamental event upon which Christian faith rests (cf. 1 Cor 15:14). It is an astonishing reality, fully grasped in the light of faith, yet historically attested to by those who were privileged to see the Risen Lord. It is a wondrous event which is not only absolutely unique in human history, but which lies at the very heart of the mystery of time. In fact, "all time belongs to [Christ] and all the ages",...Therefore, in commemorating the day of Christ's Resurrection not just once a year but every Sunday, the Church seeks to indicate to every generation the true fulcrum of history, to which the mystery of the world's origin and its final destiny leads.

The third point in the popes' letter:
Quote:
3. The fundamental importance of Sunday has been recognized through two thousand years of history and was emphatically restated by the Second Vatican Council: "Every seven days, the Church celebrates the Easter mystery. This is a tradition going back to the Apostles, taking its origin from the actual day of Christ's Resurrection — a day thus appropriately designated 'the Lord's Day'."

Moving to point 19 of the pope's letter on Sunday keeping:

Quote:
19. "We celebrate Sunday because of the venerable Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, and we do so not only at Easter but also at each turning of the week": so wrote Pope Innocent I at the beginning of the fifth century,(15) testifying to an already well established practice which had evolved from the early years after the Lord's Resurrection. Saint Basil speaks of "holy Sunday, honoured by the Lord's Resurrection, the first fruits of all the other days";(16) and Saint Augustine calls Sunday "a sacrament of Easter".(17)

And from another Catholic author explaining why Easter was kept after Passover:

Quote:
So the Council of Nicaea's prohibition on celebrating Easter "with the Jews" ... For Christians, the Passover of the Jews has found its completion in the Passover of Christ, and, like "all former rites" it must "surrender to the Lord's New Testament."

It's the same reason why Christians celebrate the Sabbath on Sunday, rather than retaining the Jewish Sabbath (Saturday). The Jewish Sabbath was a type or symbol of the Christian Sabbath—the day that Christ rose from the dead.
by Scott P. Richert is the author of numerous articles on Catholic moral, social, political, and historical issues.

As pointed out in an earlier post, this didn't happen immediately -- many Christians held a memorial celebration for Christ's death and resurrection on their Passover dates. Easter had to be "decreed" to enforce it on all Christianity 300 years later.
Sunday was brought in using the truth of Christ's resurrection to establish a false Sabbath -- that's what Easter has done.
First by moving the time for a memorial of Christ's death and resurrection away from its Passover location in the calendar, to a perpetual yearly Sunday, and then keeping every weekly sunday in honor of the resurrection.
The word "Easter" is not a Biblical word, it is in no original manuscripts.

Re: "Easter" Questions [Re: Elle] #183482
04/26/17 10:13 PM
04/26/17 10:13 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland

The Wanderer, being new here, doesn't know everyone and was only nice to you despite your attempt to veer off the discussion.
Elle, answering his question is my "attempt to veer off the discussion"? Really, you think that?
(Well, seeing that you claim the same against me for answering your questions, I guess so...)

Quote:
The problem I see is you, and many others here, that should know very well by now that you should start a new topic if you want to talk about something else that cannot be resolved in a few posts.
Elle, I didn't want to start a new topic. I was answering a question. I thought it was a legitimate question. Guess you don't.

If you want to start a new topic about how answering questions should be counted as sidetracking, go ahead.

Quit hi-jacking this thread.

Re: "Easter" Questions [Re: kland] #183483
04/26/17 10:16 PM
04/26/17 10:16 PM
T
The Wanderer  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta

The Wanderer, being new here, doesn't know everyone and was only nice to you despite your attempt to veer off the discussion.
Elle, answering his question is my "attempt to veer off the discussion"? Really, you think that?
(Well, seeing that you claim the same against me for answering your questions, I guess so...)

Quote:
The problem I see is you, and many others here, that should know very well by now that you should start a new topic if you want to talk about something else that cannot be resolved in a few posts.
Elle, I didn't want to start a new topic. I was answering a question. I thought it was a legitimate question. Guess you don't.

If you want to start a new topic about how answering questions should be counted as sidetracking, go ahead.

Quit hi-jacking this thread.
Just keep in mind that these are not my thoughts on the matter, although I do appreciate the vote of confidence. I will continue posting along the veins of truth regarding the cross and the resurrection; for that remains my primary interest in this topic. smile

Last edited by The Wanderer; 04/26/17 10:17 PM.

- The Wanderer
Re: "Easter" Questions [Re: The Wanderer] #183489
04/28/17 03:55 AM
04/28/17 03:55 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
I do apologize if I posted off topic. I didn't mean too. I really thought I was on topic.

Re: "Easter" Questions [Re: Alchemy] #183490
04/28/17 04:23 AM
04/28/17 04:23 AM
T
The Wanderer  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
I do apologize if I posted off topic. I didn't mean too. I really thought I was on topic.
Thankyou I appreciate that I also do apologize, as there are ways I could have made myself/intentions more clear to everyone. This is the kind of posting, that, perhaps, falls within the category of the topic. Jesus did not play the blame game; except to take our blame upon Himself. Its good to see His pattern being reflected in some of the posting here. smile

- more coming soon.

- The Wanderer
Re: "Easter" Questions [Re: dedication] #183491
04/28/17 04:37 AM
04/28/17 04:37 AM
T
The Wanderer  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
Originally Posted By: dedication

Remember in another thread you mentioned;

Arguments that use truth to prove an untruth?

That is exactly what was, and still is being done with the glorious truth of the resurrection of Christ, it is being used to prove an untruth!

In your last post you quoted:
"It is only in the light of the cross that we can discern the exalted character of the law of God. The soul palsied by sin can be endowed with life only through the work wrought out upon the cross by the Author of our salvation.--Manuscript 31, 1890. {7ABC 458.1}

Add to that:
"The cross of Christ testifies to the immutability of the law of God--testifies that God so loved us that He gave His Son to die for our sins; ... God's moral standard could not be changed to meet man in his fallen condition. {1SM 312.2}

Yet how has this been reversed in the Christian world?
Of course, you do state some truth about something I posted in another topic, which I appreciate. Thank you.

It should be noted that since i started this topic, I should be the one who knows for sure why i started it and what my intentions are. There simply is no need for further debate on this. I underlined in red above the question I did not once ask; to illustrate what I mean specifically by that. smile

FYI I refer to the OP and what I did state clearly:

Quote:
The topic of the resurrection seems to come into most prominence and recognition around this time of year. But I must confess it is only because of my birthday being this time of year, that I recall this amazing theme from the Bible.

It did get me to thinking about something though. I always enjoy any focus on the resurrection, but most years, I am left wondering why so much focus on the resurrection, with so little focus on the crucifixion, or the life of our Lord?

I think of a verse that helps me to sum up my many questions:

Quote:
"That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;" (Phil 3:10)

Years ago, I was holding the hand of an elderly gentleman as he was dying, and something made me pick up his Bible with one hand and just start to leaf casually through it. The first thing that caught my eye was this text, scrawled in his hand writing. I turned to this man who was dying and told him what I saw, and he gripped my hand tight, smiled, and died.

I will never forget this text, and this text leads to my summary of all my other questions. World leaders and pastors everywhere, if they do celebrate Easter, usually focus on the resurrection. But this text mentions two things:

1) "the power of His resurrection..."
2) "the fellowship of His sufferings..."

Which of these two should we focus on more and why? What should each of these two phrases should manifest most in our daily life, and how should that look to the outside world?

- The Wanderer
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:41 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!