HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (2 invisible), 3,186 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 31 of 46 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 45 46
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: kland] #183474
04/26/17 12:03 PM
04/26/17 12:03 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: kland
----
However, the Babylonian calendar remained chaotic throughout most of the first millennium BC due to the irregular insertion of random months. The Babylonian year apparently consisted originally of 12 months of 30 days, but sometimes made use of sightings of the crescent moon to name the beginning of a month. Under Nabonassar (747-734 BC), a fixed-length month of 30 days was used. The Babylonians finally systematized a strictly lunar calendar which began with the first visible crescent moon around 500 BC.
[/i]
I had thought you said yourself it started at the Equinox.

So, if it starts at the first crescent, why would it not ALWAYS
correlate with New Year's Day of the Hebrew Calendar each and every year? At least according to how some neo-Jews start their year? When do you say the Hebrew Calendar starts, whether of Biblical or Heaven's interpretation or man's?

I read your convoluted post that grasped at straws and twisted my words.

From my study, Babylon's New Year was around 28 March on our Gregorian Calendar. I used that information in my calculation of Pope Benedict's resignation and it held up. This year that was also the day for the Jewish New Year. If you have a source to give me a more reliable date, I would be glad to consider it. But I'm not going to parley with you.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Green Cochoa] #183475
04/26/17 12:32 PM
04/26/17 12:32 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa

His Child,

The mistake you are making is a fallacy of universalizing. By assuming that because the horns represent kings in one place in the Bible they must always represent kings, you come to the wrong conclusions--and end up rejecting what Mrs. White has said. The Bible is not at odds with Mrs. White--your interpretation of it is. Never does Mrs. White reference American kings. America does not have a king. Our presidents are not kings. Notice that the speaking like a dragon comes through America's legislation and congress--not the president, according to Ellen White. Ellen White does not refer to the president at all in speaking of the horns--a fact that your interpretation must struggle to explain.

Horns represent power. Just look at how they are used in nature. Animals use their horns to wage war with their competitors. In America, it is Congress that declares war, not the president. America has the House of Representatives and the Senate as two principal legislative bodies, fittingly parallel to the "two horns."

Besides, if presidents were kings, America has had far more than two of them--and your attempts to use letters of their names to reduce it to two fail of proper interpretation.

Incidentally, I have been studying and learning Hebrew. The "W" is NOT the last letter of the Hebrew alphabet. Neither is "O". The last letter is actually "T"! So IF the letters meant much, and IF they denoted American presidents, Trump is in a good position to be the last one. (Note that Hebrew did not, until much later, have any written vowel markings, and all 22 letters of its aleph-bet are considered consonants.) In some Bibles (I have one like this), the Hebrew letters are written above the 8-verse sections of Psalm 119. You may see the Hebrew letter and "Tav" or "Tau" or "Taw", as it may be variously spelled in English, above verse 169 as the last alphabetic letter. I have learned this alphabet and am well on my way to reading Hebrew orally.

His Child, part of proper biblical interpretation, believe it or not, is a submission of one's ideas to the brethren and accepting their moderating influence as to the correctness of them. I hope you would duly consider these things.

Originally Posted By: His Child
Likewise when God reveals in His word that President Obama or his surrogate will be the instrument to implement the Mark of the Beast, it is not wise to ignore what has been revealed in Scripture. It is a big deal and those who take the Laodicean view that they don't need any revelation other than what their grandfathers had a 100 years ago are only deceiving themselves and anyone else who is not willing to look outside their comfort zone.

The Bible does not mention President Obama, does not say he will have a surrogate, and Trump is certainly no surrogate of Obama! Trump and Obama stand at odds on virtually every point, and if Obama had any choice at all in the matter, it is clear that Trump would not have his position. Obama declared during the campaign period that Trump would NOT be president--so much for that!

Again, let's stick with facts, such as those of the Bible and Ellen White, not what we opine that those facts should be. Are we entering the age of "alternative facts"?

Green,

Too many errors to correct in one post.

The Bible interprets itself. Horns are kings. I gave you the texts. But you goo back to tradition to make your case. Show me the texts where they are "powers"

The Bible says kings and EGW gives their characteristics and traits. Don't mix apples and oranges.

The Bible says kings are rulers. America's Presidents are rulers.

Good luck with your study of Hebrew. The New Testament was written in Greek. The alpha is A and the omega is W in Greek.

There are people who cherish error and bind themselves with others of like mind. We must beware of that association. It is not wholesome.

The Bible interprets itself in Daniel 7 to state that powers described in DAniel 7:17 are the kings from the earth. Revelation 13 explains the earth as relating to the US and Chronicles explains that a king is a ruler. America's rulers are Presidents. To deny that is not sound Bible study.

You can use the vision or its interpretation in Daniel 7 to explain the vision in Daniel 7. The correct methodology will give the correct understanding. The wrong methodology will give the wrong understanding. But you blanket statement is only an attempt to justify the position that you prefer. It is biased by your attempt to make the Bible say what you believe rather than a willingness to believe what the Bible says.

The facts are that Daniel 7 is a vision and an interpretation. The interpretation specifically states that it is about earth kings. Those are the facts that you are reinterpreting to make the Bible say what you believe rather than accepting a clear thus saith the Lord.

I expected a more reasoned response from you and am greatly disappointed by the sloppy scholarship in your response.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: James Peterson] #183476
04/26/17 08:00 PM
04/26/17 08:00 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: James Peterson
Originally Posted By: His child
Time will tell? Wait and see??? The prophecies are clear.

THE VISIONS:
  1. Daniel 2 began with the head of gold Nebuchadnezzar. It ended with the legs Nabonidus and Belshazzar being crushed by Cyrus.

2. Daniel 4 began with the tree that received a deadly wound that was healed before it was finally destroyed.

3. Daniel 7 repeated and enlarged the meaning of Daniel 2 to include kingdoms, and the fourth kingdom was in two phases pagan and papal Rome. Then Heaven explained them as kings from the earth which repeated and enlarged Daniel 2 & 7.

4. Then the final meaning of Daniel 2--Reagan was the head of gold, Bush I the silver, Clinton the brass, Bush II one iron leg that extended his rule into church craft and Obama the other iron leg that extended into church craft. And Christ strikes the image upon the feet when He comes.

5. When the kings of the earth/American Presidents are understood in Daniel 7, Daniel 8 explains that the ram's first horn is Bush I, and the one that comes up last is Bush II. The she/he goat is Bill and Hilary Clinton, Bill is the first horn that was broken and Obama is the second horn that waxes great. The notable ones were the 4 American joint chief of staff. The notable one was Colin Powell who was instrumental to place Bush II in office and then Obama.

6. The prophecy is clearly enlarged in Revelation. Reagan is the white horse rider. Bush I the red horse rider, Clinton rode the black horse (he left office with a surplus, but he had caused the housing bubble that burst after he left that devastated the world's economy), and the last two riders are Bush II who brought death with his statement (9/20/01) that 'the beliefs of Muslims are good' -- Muslims teach salvation apart from Christ, and the rider that brings hell that is on the same horse is Obama.

You posted the foregoing on Saturday November 12, 2016. However, your interpretations are problematic.

1. Though you are correct in saying Nebuchadnezzar was represented by the head of gold, you are wrong in saying the two legs were representative of Nabonidus and Belshazzar.

AFTER the two legs came the ten toes and it was to be in the days of those ten toes (and not the two legs absent the toes) the kingdom of heaven was to be established a. In other words, the God of heaven (through Christ who was going to descend from heaven) was going to set up an everlasting kingdom. Today we call that the Church based on the authority of Jesus Christ in heaven b. There was going to be no other king chosen by God to lead His people after Christ, and one day our King will return to save, change and translate us where we will be with Him forever and ever, Amen c.

Cyrus, and his kingdom of Persia, fulfilled neither that vision nor promise. Where are they today?

I will address your other assertions one by one later.

a In the days of these kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to other people; it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever: inasmuch as you saw that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it broke in pieces the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold. (Dan. 2:44-45)

b In those days John the Baptist came preaching in the wilderness of Judea, and saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!" (Mat. 3:1-2)

c The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear! (Mat. 13:41-43)///

Brother Peterson.

I understand Daniel 2 to have a past fulfillment. King Nebuchadnezzar through Kings Nabonidus and Belshazzar (the iron legs that extended into the feet). Thus the crushing of the image by King Cyrus fulfilled the prophecy, but it was a partial fulfillment and did not meet all of the criteria within the prophecy.

Likewise when Daniel 7 expanded the meaning of Daniel 2 the kingdom meaning was a partial fulfillment and did not meet all of the criteria within the prophecy BUT it fulfilled the prophecy more completely.

a) In the days of these kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to other people; it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever: inasmuch as you saw that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it broke in pieces the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold. (Dan. 2:44-45)

In the endtime these kings are Reagan, who is the head of gold, Bush I the silver, Clinton the brass midsection, and Bush II and Obama are the legs of iron that flow into the feet ...the ten toes are the 10 parts of the Eastern Roman Empire (the three Islamic kingdoms that are plucked up are Afghanistan, Iraq, and Iran). Then Christ will Come and smash the image on its feet and break all the metals together, which could not happen to the kingdoms of Babylon thru papal Rome that partially fulfilled the prophecy because they did not all exist together at the same time. And Daniel 8 shows that Reagan is not alive when that happens since it starts with Bush II and flows through Obama.

When Christ's Second Advent occurs:

The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear! (Mat. 13:41-43)

I understand how your objection to my statement was formed from Bible study. Thank you for sharing

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #183479
04/26/17 10:01 PM
04/26/17 10:01 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland

I read your convoluted post that grasped at straws and twisted my words.

From my study, Babylon's New Year was around 28 March on our Gregorian Calendar. I used that information in my calculation of Pope Benedict's resignation and it held up. This year that was also the day for the Jewish New Year. If you have a source to give me a more reliable date, I would be glad to consider it. But I'm not going to parley with you.
Do you like to "parley" or what? What are you arguing over. I agreed with you on that part by showing you the quote and only asked you a question:

So, if it starts at the first crescent, why would it not ALWAYS
correlate with New Year's Day of the Hebrew Calendar each and every year? At least according to how some neo-Jews start their year? When do you say the Hebrew Calendar starts, whether of Biblical or Heaven's interpretation or man's?

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #183480
04/26/17 10:02 PM
04/26/17 10:02 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
The alpha is A and the omega is W in Greek.
Yes, it appears like a "W" in "Greek". But what is omega in Latin/English?

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: kland] #183484
04/26/17 10:44 PM
04/26/17 10:44 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: kland
The alpha is A and the omega is W in Greek.
Yes, it appears like a "W" in "Greek". But what is omega in Latin/English?

You might want to check this out--and in case the image does not show well here, you can find it at http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/files/alphabet_chart.gif.

Last edited by Green Cochoa; 04/26/17 10:51 PM. Reason: Trying to get image to show

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #183488
04/27/17 11:24 PM
04/27/17 11:24 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada

1. I understand Daniel 2 to have a past fulfillment. King Nebuchadnezzar through Kings Nabonidus and Belshazzar (the iron legs that extended into the feet). Thus the crushing of the image by King Cyrus fulfilled the prophecy, but it was a partial fulfillment and did not meet all of the criteria within the prophecy.

--------------
    Likewise when Daniel 7 expanded the meaning of Daniel 2 the kingdom meaning was a partial fulfillment and did not meet all of the criteria within the prophecy BUT it fulfilled the prophecy more completely. "In the days of these kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to other people; it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever: inasmuch as you saw that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it broke in pieces the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold." (Dan. 2:44-45)
    --------------

2. In the endtime these kings are Reagan, who is the head of gold, Bush I the silver, Clinton the brass midsection, and Bush II and Obama are the legs of iron that flow into the feet ...the ten toes are the 10 parts of the Eastern Roman Empire (the three Islamic kingdoms that are plucked up are Afghanistan, Iraq, and Iran). Then Christ will Come and smash the image on its feet and break all the metals together, which could not happen to the kingdoms of Babylon thru papal Rome that partially fulfilled the prophecy because they did not all exist together at the same time. And Daniel 8 shows that Reagan is not alive when that happens since it starts with Bush II and flows through Obama.

1. Biblical prophecies do not have partial fulfillment. They mean something definite in specific places at specific moments for specific times. When Daniel told Nebuchadnezzar that he was that head of gold, Nebuchadnezzar (and not Julius Caesar, Abraham Lincoln or Ronald Reagan) was that head of gold.

If the entire prophecy was not realized during its stated particular time (considering the whole duration of the prophecy) then that prophecy had not been fulfilled as yet. God does not play dice with His word so that it may mean random things. He holds himself accountable to His own plan. He may change His plan (but that is another matter entirely).

2. After Jesus rose from the dead, he said to his disciples, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations ... and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Mat. 28:18-20) Do you remember what he said after he had asked the disciples what they thought of him and Peter had said, "YOU are the Christ, the Son of the Living God"? Surely you must remember his assurance that, "... on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it." (Mat. 16:18)

The stone cut out without hands is the kingdom of heaven which was destined to fill the whole earth as it is today. The warfare and spectacular victories of THAT kingdom are not written in the death of men on bloody battlefields amidst the terror of smoke and fire, but in the rebirth of heathens to hope of everlasting life in Christ, the Saviour of the World a.

---------------

a EPHESIANS 6:10-20

• Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

• Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints —

• and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

WHAT A GLORIOUS ANTHEM!!!

cf. Rev. 5:8-14

See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg5qDljEw7Q

///

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: James Peterson] #183513
04/30/17 03:46 AM
04/30/17 03:46 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Daniel 2 spans time from Daniel's time until the end -- thus it has only one fulfillment that outlines the whole history.

head of gold -- Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon representing the Babylonian kingdom.
chest of silver -- the Medes and Persians conquer Babylon.
thighs of brass -- the Greeks conquer the Persians
the legs of iron -- Rome
the mixed feet and toes -- the divisions of the empire into various sovereign nations, yet the iron of Rome still mingled in them.

The stone -- Christ is that stone.
When He comes all the former kingdoms will be smashed.

"Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for the.
"it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms,

Yet the kingdom that shall never be destroyed is not set up nor does it fill the earth UNTIL after the 1000 years. After the lake of fire has burned up all results of sin. And God creates a new heaven and earth.

If Christ sets up a kingdom that fills this whole present world prior to the 1000 years -- that kingdom would be destroyed at the end of the 1000 years, for we see the wicked have control of the whole earth, except for the holy city.

That can't be -- when the stone of Christ's kingdom fills the whole earth it is a kingdom that will last forever.

It does not sound like there is a kingdom of righteousness filling the whole earth in Rev. 20. A massive destructive fire cleans up the earth at that point. It's not till Rev. 21 that we see the righteous kingdom filling the whole earth.

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: dedication] #183514
04/30/17 03:28 PM
04/30/17 03:28 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: dedication
Daniel 2 spans time from Daniel's time until the end -- thus it has only one fulfillment that outlines the whole history.

head of gold -- Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon representing the Babylonian kingdom.
chest of silver -- the Medes and Persians conquer Babylon.
thighs of brass -- the Greeks conquer the Persians
the legs of iron -- Rome
the mixed feet and toes -- the divisions of the empire into various sovereign nations, yet the iron of Rome still mingled in them.

The stone -- Christ is that stone.
When He comes all the former kingdoms will be smashed.

"Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for the.
"it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms,

Yet the kingdom that shall never be destroyed is not set up nor does it fill the earth UNTIL after the 1000 years. After the lake of fire has burned up all results of sin. And God creates a new heaven and earth.

If Christ sets up a kingdom that fills this whole present world prior to the 1000 years -- that kingdom would be destroyed at the end of the 1000 years, for we see the wicked have control of the whole earth, except for the holy city.

That can't be -- when the stone of Christ's kingdom fills the whole earth it is a kingdom that will last forever.

It does not sound like there is a kingdom of righteousness filling the whole earth in Rev. 20. A massive destructive fire cleans up the earth at that point. It's not till Rev. 21 that we see the righteous kingdom filling the whole earth.

In other words, you are agreeing with me that the stone represented THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN and not Christ. You say plainly:
  • "IT (not HE, but IT -- the kingdom of heaven) shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms ..."

• "Yet IT (not HE, but IT -- the kingdom) that shall never be destroyed ..."

• "that we see IT (not HE, but IT -- the righteous kingdom) filling the whole earth"
We live in (IT, not HE but IT) that Kingdom that is growing to fill the whole earth even now. It is called the Church c. Thank you.

----------

By the way, the two legs are (NOT Rome, but):

1. the Kingdom of the North, and
2. the Kingdom of the South

of the divided Greek Empire of Alexander the Great.

The Angel of God (the TRUE Spirit of Prophecy) says so. See Dan. 11:2-16.

c Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation; nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you (i.e. in your midst)." (Luke 17:20-21)

///

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: James Peterson] #183515
04/30/17 06:53 PM
04/30/17 06:53 PM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Though I agreed with you that Daniel 2 has but one fulfillment, I do not agree that "the stone kingdom" is the church.

The image represents the literal kingdoms of man.

While it is true when we read Jesus' teachings concerning the 'kingdom of God/heaven' He is dealing much more with the spiritual renewal in individual lives of believers, than with a literal kingdom to come.
However we must be careful NOT TO CONFUSE THE TWO.

There is the spiritual kingdom that takes root in people's lives.
There is also the literal glorious kingdom we read about in Revelation 21-22.

Daniel two is speaking of literal kingdoms, not spiritual kingdoms.
The image represents literal political kingdoms that rule over the earth throughout the history of this world.
Thus it is only after those kingdoms are smashed, that the literal kingdom of Christ will be set up.

And no, the kingdoms of man do not end with the "divided kingdoms Greece resulting after the death of Alexander".

The kingdoms of man continue until they are smashed and utterly blown away by the coming of the "stone". Only AFTER this occurs will the "stone" fill the entire earth.

The iron legs represent ROME --

"And the fourth kingdom shall be as strong as iron, inasmuch as iron breaks in pieces and shatters everything; and like iron that crushes, that kingdom will break in pieces and crush all the others."

Were the "kings of the north and south" strong as iron smashing all the other kingdoms? No, they were not, they simply divided up Alexander's conquests. True the Seleucids tried to get all of Alexander's empire reducing the four divisions into mainly two, but they never fully succeeded and were finally crushed by Rome, as was the king of the south. The kings of the north and south were both part of the Greek empire -- they did not create a "new empire" nor merit a "new metal".

Just like in Daniel 7, the four headed leopard was one symbol representing the Greek Empire both under Alexander and it's divided state, so the brass thighs of the image represent the entire Grecian empire.

Rome conquered all the headquarters of the previous empires (Babylon, Persia, Greek) plus more. They ruled supreme for more than 400 years, and ended up thoroughly crushing the "holy land" and Jerusalem as well.

One of the reasons theologians like to remove Rome from the outline of earth's history is because of the state supported "kingdom" theory.

Ancient historians like Eusebius seemed positively sure that Rome, and men like Constantine, were God's agent to bring in the "kingdom of God" on earth.

Eusebius in writing about his friend, emperor Constantine and his new church-state policies, affirmed these Church-State relationship in glowing terms.
It didn't seem to matter to him that the new Church-State relationship was antagonistic to the expected kingdom of God that had been proclaimed by the apostles.
In the new relationship, the Church would establish the kingdom of God through the support of the State. (That being Rome)
Once this new idea was accepted, it became necessary to change the expectation of what the kingdom of God would be.

That the "church" is the kingdom of God is a strong Catholic teaching, and their view is that the church (that is the Roman Catholic Church) will prevail over all the earth.

Originally Posted By: Catholic 101
Jesus says that the Kingdom of God is in the midst of us, now. And Jesus said in Matthew 28:18 that all authority in heaven and on earth has already been given to Him. Isn’t it an insult for us to say that that statement isn’t a reference to His Kingdom having already being established ? And where is the Kingdom of God on earth? It would be in the Tabernacle at each and every Catholic Church, where Jesus Christ is truly present, body, blood, soul, and divinity, in the Eucharist! He’s waiting for you to come see Him and talk to Him, right now! And the really good news is that everyone who is in the state of grace is a prince or princess of this Kingdom, right now (Catholic Bible 101)

The idea of the Catholic Church going through a great Chastisement and emerging purified and establishing an "Era of Peace" -- with the righteous reigning over the earth for 1000 years, is also found in Catholic writings.

True,when we read Jesus' teachings concerning the 'kingdom of God' it is dealing much more with the spiritual renewal in individual lives of believers. That is, the principles of God's kingdom must take hold in a Christians life to prepare them for the glorious literal kingdom to come.

BUT we must not confuse the two. Let's remember the spiritual kingdom is NOT a government type kingdom, but something with the hearts and minds of the believers.
Yet scripture and Early Christians expected the establishment of a literal glorious kingdom of God to come with the return of Jesus at the end of the age. Yes, they also understood that there was a sense and a reality in which the kingdom of God was already present, but the fulfillment of glorious kingdom would only come after the judgment and the destruction of the kingdoms of this world.

But gradually the paradigm shifted to the idea that the church would bring in the kingdom of God, with help from the state, -- in the sense of converting the populations of earth and bringing in a era of peace.

This philosophy is very old,
it was very prevalent in the years when the Advent movement emerged.
It was point of serious study and resulted in the Millerite movement rejection of the "age to come" theory and the acceptance that Christ's second coming would smash all the kingdoms of the world and the redeemed would ascend to heaven to heaven with Christ for 1000 years.

Those who listen to the "Testimonies by EGW will reject the "age to come" theory.

Those testimonies warn against being deceived by the "age to come".

Will we reject them and listen to the testimonies of ancient church father's in their place? Or will we accept the Testimonies given to EGW? That's actually the topic of this thread.

Quote:
I have been shown that you were cherishing erroneous views in regard to the future, views savoring of the pernicious sentiments of the Age-to-come. You sometimes talk out these ideas to others. But they are not in harmony with the body.
You do not make a right application of Scripture. When Jesus rises up in the most holy place, and lays off His mediatorial garments, and clothes Himself with the garments of vengeance in place of the priestly attire, the work for sinners will be done. 2T691

Brother Evarts is a blessed brother, but has been in the age-to-come all over, and he said he could not give it up. When we were there he was in a very dark place.
Sabbath eve I had a great burden, such as I have borne before. I saw that Brother Evarts must give up his age-to-come, that he had lost the power of the third angel's message,{8MR 226}

Quoting Matt. 24:38, Christ does not here bring to view a temporal millennium, a thousand years in which all are to prepare for eternity. He tells us that as it was in Noah's day, so will it be when the Son of man comes again. {DA 633.1}

Page 31 of 46 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 45 46

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!