HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,847 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 33 of 34 1 2 31 32 33 34
Re: Is there a Biblical/Divine calendar? [Re: Charity] #183963
06/04/17 01:45 PM
06/04/17 01:45 PM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
The title of this thread always makes me chuckle. Is there a Biblical/divine calendar? Of course there is. The problem is finding the correct calendar, not whether or not it exists. The Bible is way too clear on that subject to doubt whether or not God has a time frame for everything He does.

Sorry, pedantry off now.

Re: Is there a Biblical/Divine calendar? [Re: Charity] #183977
06/05/17 01:45 PM
06/05/17 01:45 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
Originally Posted By: kland
Any luck in finding information on these instruments for determining the equinox?

Yes. My original source was an archaeologist(s) who found them on site. I don't have the reference handy.

When the tabernacle was erected it was placed in an east-west direction. The ancients had the required technology to precisely align buildings to the four points of the compass. So from the erection of the tabernacle Israel had a means of determining the equinox. When the sun rose directly east so that its rays aligned with the center of the Holy and Most Holy, that day was the equinox.

The ancient Egyptians who had enslaved the Israelists were and still are renowned for the precision of the orientation of their pyramids. There is nothing occultic in the technology itself. It's the use of the technology.

Here's a link to a paper from NASA from the 1940's giving five different simple ways for school children to determine the equinox with a precision of a fraction of a day using a sheet of paper with a hole. It's a great example of the practical kind of education that used to be common in America and needs to be emulated in our families.

Thank you! I hadn't thought of that, but it does make sense that the path of the shadow of the sun's revolution from east to west would reveal also it's halfway point in it's revolution from south to north.

Now I agree that the equinoxes can be determined. At first, I thought easier than the solstices, but after further consideration, not really. I believe either could be determined in the wilderness, requiring a day being stationary. I believe the principles in the paper could be simplified that on any day, one could determine if the equinox existed, was approaching, or had passed. Likewise, and even with less effort, the solstices could be determined whether still approaching or past.

I'm a little concerned if you understand the issue fully when you speak about "the four points of the compass". What has the compass to do with anything? The paper only referred to the compass as for an approximation. Maybe you used it as an expression, meaning "the four directions".

So now that we can determine both the end points and the halfway points of the sun's revolution, why should either one be used to mark the beginning of the year? In fact, wouldn't a beginning of the year be more likely to coincide with a beginning of the sun's revolution whether from north to south or south to north? Neither one has any reference in Leviticus 23 nor Deuteronomy 16.

Re: Is there a Biblical/Divine calendar? [Re: dedication] #183978
06/05/17 01:49 PM
06/05/17 01:49 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: dedication
From what I understand the tabernacle was set up in the east/west position purposely so the people would NOT face the rising sun when they gathered at the door of the tabernacle, as the door was opened toward the east they turned their backs on the sun and turned their faces toward the true God.

Ezekiel 8:16 describes the abomination of priests turning their backs on the sanctuary and facing the rising sun for worship.

To face the sun meant to turn their backs on God, His sanctuary and the law.
Try and see how much headway you gain by informing some of the wolves among the sheep of such. The ones promoting beginning the Sabbath at "dawn", an undetermined time of your own choosing before sunrise.

'We're not facing the sun, only in the direction of the sun....'

Re: Is there a Biblical/Divine calendar? [Re: kland] #183984
06/05/17 03:28 PM
06/05/17 03:28 PM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada

Ezekiel 8:16 describes the abomination of priests turning their backs on the sanctuary and facing the rising sun for worship.

Try and see how much headway you gain by informing some of the wolves among the sheep of such. The ones promoting beginning the Sabbath at "dawn", an undetermined time of your own choosing before sunrise.

Hadn't really thought of that aspect before. But now it does clarify something --
God's Sabbath is from evening until evening. (Lev. 23:32)
In other words, it's when the "god" Satan has promoted for 1000's of years as the highest god -- namely the sun, goes down that the Sabbath begins. The true God begins His day which is the sign that He is our God, the One who sanctifies and saves, when we turn our backs on the counterfeit god.

That thought is only the tip of a whole wealth of thoughts that emerge from its realization.

Re: Is there a Biblical/Divine calendar? [Re: kland] #183989
06/05/17 05:59 PM
06/05/17 05:59 PM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
From what I understand the tabernacle was set up in the east/west position purposely so the people would NOT face the rising sun when they gathered at the door of the tabernacle, as the door was opened toward the east they turned their backs on the sun and turned their faces toward the true God.

What does the fact that someone stubbornly refuses to accept truth have to do with the truth they reject? It has always been my experience that you cannot convince a man against his will. If he wills not to believe something he will never believe it, no matter what the arguments are you place in front of him.

Re: Is there a Biblical/Divine calendar? [Re: dedication] #184031
06/07/17 04:46 PM
06/07/17 04:46 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Yes, you're right Gary, I just keep thinking logic and reason would convince them.

Hadn't really thought of that aspect before.
I get the feeling I'm one of the few who see it as a big crisis movement within our church. But maybe it has to hit close before one notices....

Quote:
But now it does clarify something --
Be careful using that one. They will quickly point out that's regarding a feast day and not a regular day. They even distort those verses to make it say there are two overlapping days involved there, one on the 10th, and the other midway on the 9th.

However, proper use would be to say, just like Lev 23:32 shows when the feast day starts, other days start the same way. It won't help, but at least won't give them something to distort.

I'm finding they're game plan is to find anything that we have not been accurate in, or we are not sure of allowing multiple possibilities and they will come and say that's wrong, here is what it is.

Look up the Sacred Name Movement and prepare yourself for what's coming to a church near you.

Re: Is there a Biblical/Divine calendar? [Re: kland] #184035
06/08/17 12:33 AM
06/08/17 12:33 AM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
Yes, you're right Gary, I just keep thinking logic and reason would convince them.

Hadn't really thought of that aspect before.
I get the feeling I'm one of the few who see it as a big crisis movement within our church. But maybe it has to hit close before one notices....

Quote:
But now it does clarify something --
Be careful using that one. They will quickly point out that's regarding a feast day and not a regular day. They even distort those verses to make it say there are two overlapping days involved there, one on the 10th, and the other midway on the 9th.

However, proper use would be to say, just like Lev 23:32 shows when the feast day starts, other days start the same way. It won't help, but at least won't give them something to distort.

I'm finding they're game plan is to find anything that we have not been accurate in, or we are not sure of allowing multiple possibilities and they will come and say that's wrong, here is what it is.

Look up the Sacred Name Movement and prepare yourself for what's coming to a church near you.

From what I bolded above....

I find the objection you noted as a very, very weak argument. All that needs to be done is point out Genesis and creation week. The evening and the morning were the first day, second day, third day, etc... right on down to the seventh day. Once that is noted they must prove from the Bible that God changed how He looks at the 24 hour day. I have never seen anything in scripture that tells me that God changed the day to run from dawn to dawn, rather than from evening to evening. Until they can prove that they have no logical position to hold.

Last edited by Gary K; 06/08/17 12:34 AM.
Re: Is there a Biblical/Divine calendar? [Re: Charity] #184036
06/08/17 12:47 AM
06/08/17 12:47 AM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
I would also point out that the darkness, night, existed here on earth before the day, light, did. The light came out of and overcame the darkness. Thus the first 24 hour period began in darkness and ended at the end of the light. So God logically kept the same order or night and then day from that point onwards. He could only have supernaturally changed the order and there is nothing in the Bible that tells us that He did.

Re: Is there a Biblical/Divine calendar? [Re: Charity] #184037
06/08/17 01:04 AM
06/08/17 01:04 AM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
I have one more idea on this too. Ask when God reversed the rotation of the earth, for only in doing that would the order of evening-morning been changed to morning-evening. God once stopped the rotation of the earth, but the evidence is completely lacking that he ever reversed the rotation.

Re: Is there a Biblical/Divine calendar? [Re: ] #184055
06/09/17 04:15 PM
06/09/17 04:15 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Gary K
All that needs to be done is point out Genesis and creation week. The evening and the morning were the first day, second day, third day, etc... right on down to the seventh day. Once that is noted they must prove from the Bible that God changed how He looks at the 24 hour day.
And indeed they attempt so. They say, see, it says evening and morning. That means morning comes first.

And I'm like, whaaaa?

I think they mean, God created, then there came evening and then morning. So therefore, morning must have been first which wasn't mentioned. However, they fail to realize, if the day contains the morning, then the next day must start sometime after that point. ...Confusion!

Have you seen this thread:
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=176117

Page 33 of 34 1 2 31 32 33 34

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!