HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (2 invisible), 3,186 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 34 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 33 34
Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: Charity] #183673
05/15/17 10:06 PM
05/15/17 10:06 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
I mean, make that the "crescent" after the spring equinox...

Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: Charity] #183675
05/15/17 10:24 PM
05/15/17 10:24 PM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
Regarding time setting, I'm not saying anything must happen this spring. I'm saying it could and if it does, we'll have a better picture of where we stand prophetically.
Well, it's "spring" now. Maybe you could start by explaining just why we need "a better picture" of where we stand "prophetically?" And what are you intending to say the "dream" you had in the OP means?

"The worst foes of my spiritual life have never been hostile circumstance."

"There is always a little bit of light" (Micah 7:8)
https://www.lightintheclouds.net/word

Sincerely, IN Christ; and THROUGH The Spirit

- The Wanderer
Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: His child] #183677
05/16/17 06:41 AM
05/16/17 06:41 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: His child
Originally Posted By: APL
...Henry, you have been wrong on the most significant claims. Trump it president. That was not supposed to happen according to you.

APL,

That statement expresses your misunderstanding of my communications. But you can go back to the archives here on this forum and see that I told Mountain Man a year or two ago that a President may be in office after Obama, but that that President would not be in office until 19 January 2018 according to my understanding.

Because by Babylonian reckoning the king's reign went from New Years Day to New Years Day. If the next king happened to be in office for 360 days and another king happened to get into office on New Years Day then it would be as though the second king had never been.

In the American scenario, I used Inauguration Day for my calculation as the Babylonians used New Years Day. And now I'm studying the possibility of New Years Day being 1 January for the fulfillment of the prophecy.

So without following the conversation and my position that I have made very clear on this forum you are misrepresenting me and judging my statements out of context.

Let's see --
According to His Child, Trump will get into a war with Iran, which somehow gets Obama back in as president before Trump is recognized as a president. (you wrote that in a letter to Pr. Wilson which you posted 11/09/16 07:21 AM)
A few posts later you wrote: "Trump won, Obama will stay on, and the war with Iran will come in Obama's Presidency. (11/10/16 03:38 AM )

Later you wrote:
"
Originally Posted By: HisChild 11/28/16 10:28 AM
If Trump should become President on 1/20/2017 Then Christ will come before April 1, 2017 as I indicated many time in conversations posted on this forum with Mountain Man.

The Babylonian reckoning of a kings reign is from their New Years Day (29 March on our Gregorian Calendar) So from that perspective if Obama leaves office prior to 29 March 2017 then every day from 20 January 2017 up until 29 March 2017 is counted as his last year in office.

But as I continue to study, I understand more of the prophecies and they point to Obama remaining in office until Christ Comes.

The problem is --
you keep switching what you say.

So --
Then you explained:
"Babylonian tradition made the ruler on New Year's Day king until the 28th of March that followed. John-Paul II died 2 April 2005 and Benedict XVI completed John-Paul II's final year through 28 March 2006. On 29 March 2006 Benedict began his first year"

Following that explanation of a Babylonian custom with a Babylonian New Year we are to understand:

Trump was inaugurated January 20, 2017. By Babylonian calendar and tradition he becomes "king" March 28, 2017.
Trump is president!

But March 2017 is history and your speculative interpretation doesn't allow for Trump to be president so now you try to figure out some other way to deny that he is really president?

You want to use Babylonian tradition of reckoning a kings reign with the modern calendar?
saying if he is inaugurated after January 1, 2017 the time to -January 1, 2018 doesn't count????

That's the way it always is --
I can't base my understanding on that kind of "prophetic interpretations".

And the one event you pride yourself on "predicting"--
When I look at your method, it still doesn't fit.

You name the seven heads on the beast in Rev. 17 by the names of popes after 1929. Pope Benedict was the seventh.
Yet, it's all so arbitrary. Five have fallen -dead, you wrote at the time John Paul II was still alive. Did it just happened that the apostle John wrote this when John Paul II was still alive?
The beast has seven heads and you name the "seven popes" since the Lateran agreement ending with Benedict, and then you stated that John Paul II would reappear (actually being personated by Satan) as an "eighth" but of the seven.

Yet, now we have Francis.
Oh you say -- we'll just lump the two popes named Pius' into one, and that way we still have only seven? But then Benedict isn't the seventh anymore -- he would be the sixth, and all the points you used to give him "seven years" don't really apply anymore.

Originally Posted By: HC
And the tone of some of the comments posted comes across more as those of the Accuser of the brethren rather than those of the loving Lord that invites us to reason together.

And how many times have you told us we are blind, foolish and lost because we don't agree with your interpretations?

The fact is -- I have looked at your studies -- and that is why I can't agree with them, I've tried to reason with you, but you think you have "present truth" and all who disagree are rejecting heaven's gift.

Now you are waiting and hoping for Obama to somehow get back in to validate your interpretation.
Like APL said -- I don't think it will happen.
Since you have so forcefully told everyone he is the last president who will be president when Christ comes, you will continue to search for some hook to hang your hopes on.

While you are waiting for that to happen --
things just might wrap up -- the real prophetic endtime events may burst upon the world.

It is not good prophetic interpretation to fix end time prophecy on an individual man, be he president or pope.

We need to look to Christ and make our calling and election sure NO MATTER WHO IS PRESIDENT.
The events will take place -- are we looking to Christ as our Savior?

Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: dedication] #183678
05/16/17 08:47 AM
05/16/17 08:47 AM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
Originally Posted By: dedication

It is not good prophetic interpretation to fix end time prophecy on an individual man, be he president or pope.

We need to look to Christ and make our calling and election sure NO MATTER WHO IS PRESIDENT.
The events will take place -- are we looking to Christ as our Savior?

"And the ransomed of Jehovah shall return and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy on their heads; they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away." (Isaiah 35:10, MKJV)
Quote:
10. The ransomed. That is, those of all nations who accepted salvation.
With songs. The journey to Zion is a happy one. Pilgrims on their way to attend the feasts at Jerusalem went with hearts full of joy and thanksgiving to God. They sang psalms of praise (see Ps. 121; Ps. 122) as they looked forward to the happy hours they would spend in the sacred city, in fellowship with one another and in communion with God. This was to be the experience of “the ransomed” of all nations.

Nichol, F. D. (1978; 2002). The Seventh-day Adventist Bible Commentary, Volume 4 (233). Review and Herald Publishing Association.

In the book of Daniel, the "beasts" mentioned in chapter 7 are symbols in which the application thereof are not left to speculations or whims. According to 7:17, the "four beasts" represent "four kings which shall arise out of the earth," and looking into this further, there are several Bible versions which use the word "kingdoms" instead of the word "kings." Infact, in Daniel 7:23, the fourth beast is specifically defined as "the fourth kingdom," and so even in this one short example from scripture, it is easy to see how HC's views of "kings" are not Biblical. I think most can agree that these four beasts represent the same four world powers symbolized by the four world powers in Daniel chapter two. There is no way that the Bible can be used to support HC's depictions and predictions regarding individuals who are kings or presidents, whether past, present or future.

"And he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom on earth, which shall be different from all kingdoms and shall devour the whole earth, and shall trample it and crush it." (Dan 7:23, MKJV)

"The worst foes of my spiritual life have never been hostile circumstance."

"There is always a little bit of light" (Micah 7:8)
https://www.lightintheclouds.net/word

Sincerely, IN Christ; and THROUGH The Spirit

- The Wanderer
Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: APL] #183679
05/16/17 12:34 PM
05/16/17 12:34 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: APL
And you have never accused people of anything, correct? If people do not see things the way you claim, you call them ignoring present truth. But the truth has not be at all evident in what you have said. What happens when January (what ever date) 2018 comes and nothing changes? Will you say again, the Pioneers in 1844 had it wrong, and you mis-understood? Your dates have failed, and I suspect the next one will fail also. But you will continue on the same track. And still, it is about your tweets, your ideas, and where is Christ in your discussion? Where is the final message to the world in your tweets? There is one that needs to be held up to the world, that is where we should be. Christ and His Character is what we need for this last days. Only that will get us through.

Now that the air is clear, maybe our discussion can have some substance?

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: kland] #183680
05/16/17 12:39 PM
05/16/17 12:39 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: kland
Looking back at some of the comments, here's a question:

Where does Ellen White make a correlation between Rev 13 and Dan 7 regarding "rising out of the earth"?

To say when the four beasts which arose after Daniel's time had anything to do with the U.S. thousands of years later is misinterpreting prophecy.

Was that light revealed to her before she died?

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: kland] #183681
05/16/17 12:48 PM
05/16/17 12:48 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: kland
Quote:
But you can go back to the archives here on this forum and see that I told Mountain Man a year or two ago that a President may be in office after Obama, but that that President would not be in office until 19 January 2018 according to my understanding.
But that's not what you were saying at the last.
It may have been possible for Obama to remain.
That is past, now.
There is no reason to believe Obama would ever get put in place again. A vice president, possibly. But not Obama.

There is suggestions of Impeachment. But it won't be Obama who replaces him. And not likely impeachment will happen.

But if not Jan 19, what's the next date?
Spring Equinox?

The prophecy of Daniel 7 stops at Obama. And Daniel 8 has Obama magnifying himself. Trump is not in either of those prophecies as I understand them.

And Revelation 13 as I understand it does not include Trump. So it is my understanding that Trump will be as though he has never been (less than a year according to Babylonian reckoning). But as we see how he is setting the stage for endtime events, it is apparent that his presidency is ordained of God.

I had initially thought that Christ would have to come within a year of Obama's leaving office, but now I suspect that Obama must come back into office, Either scenario will meet the conditions that are in the prophecy. But I am watching for Obama to come back and be the "OTHER LITTLE HORN."

Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: dedication] #183684
05/16/17 10:13 PM
05/16/17 10:13 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Quote:
It was a fundamental principle of the order that the end justifies the means. By this code, lying, theft, perjury, assassination, were not only pardonable but commendable, when they served the interests of the church. Under various disguises the Jesuits worked their way into offices of State, climbing up to be the counselors of kings, and shaping the policy of nations. They became servants, to act as spies upon their masters. They established colleges for the sons of princes and nobles, and schools for the common people; and the children of Protestant parents were drawn into an observance of popish rites. All the outward pomp and display of the Romish worship was brought to bear to confuse the mind, and dazzle and captivate the imagination; and thus the liberty for which the fathers had toiled and bled was betrayed by the sons. The Jesuits rapidly spread themselves over Europe, and wherever they went, there followed a revival of popery. {GC88 234.3}

Rome is aiming to re-establish her power, to recover her lost supremacy. Let history testify of her artful and persistent efforts to insinuate herself into the affairs of nations; and having gained a foothold, to further her own aims, even at the ruin of princes and people. {GC88 580.2}

But that is not the whole truth.

Quote:
Through paganism, and then through the Papacy, Satan exerted his power for many centuries in an effort to blot from the earth God's faithful witnesses. Pagans and papists were actuated by the same dragon spirit. They differed only in that the Papacy, making a pretense of serving God, was the more dangerous and cruel foe. Through the agency of Romanism, Satan took the world captive. The professed church of God was swept into the ranks of this delusion, and for more than a thousand years the people of God suffered under the dragon's ire. And when the Papacy, robbed of its strength, was forced to desist from persecution, John beheld a new power coming up to echo the dragon's voice, and carry forward the same cruel and blasphemous work. This power, the last that is to wage war against the church and the law of God, was symbolized by a beast with lamblike horns. The beasts preceding it had risen from the sea, but this came up out of the earth, representing the peaceful rise of the nation which is symbolized. The "two horns like a lamb" well represent the character of the United States Government, as expressed in its two fundamental principles, Republicanism and Protestantism. These principles are the secret of our power and prosperity as a nation. Those who first found an asylum on the shores of America rejoiced that they had reached a country free from the arrogant claims of popery and the tyranny of kingly rule. They determined to establish a government upon the broad foundation of civil and religious liberty. {ST, November 1, 1899 par. 4}

Quote:

The period when the two witnesses were to prophesy clothed in sackcloth ended in 1798. As they were approaching the termination of their work in obscurity, war was to be made upon them by the power represented as “the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit.” In many of the nations of Europe the powers that ruled in Church and State had for centuries been controlled by Satan, through the medium of the papacy. But here is brought to view a new manifestation of Satanic power. {GC88 268.3}

Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: His child] #183690
05/17/17 04:43 AM
05/17/17 04:43 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: His child

Rome is aiming to re-establish her power, to recover her lost supremacy. Let history testify of her artful and persistent efforts to insinuate herself into the affairs of nations; and having gained a foothold, to further her own aims, even at the ruin of princes and people. {GC88 580.2}

But that is not the whole truth.

That is truth and it is happening in countries, and especially in America.
Are you suggesting, by you quoting one quote that I shared that it is the sum total of what I've been saying????? If so, you haven't been reading what I've shared .

I do get the impression that you don't think the papacy will be the "head" power in the last days. That somehow Roman papal power will never again be the controlling power. It's healing has already taken place back in 1929 and that's the extent of it.
Of course -- I do not believe that. Prophecy reveals a healing in which the whole world wonders after and worships the 1st beast.

As to the role of the USA in the prophecies -- have I ever denied that -- no -- the USA will use its power to enforce the mandates of the papacy. And that will initiate a great time of trouble.

Your quotes in no way contradict what I've been saying.
In it's early days America was quite anti-papacy. They won't allow Catholics public office for fear that they would do the bidding of the pope instead of working for the good of the country.

Ever read the book "Rome Stoops to Conquer" -- the Papal conquest of America has been going on for many years. America will do the bidding of the papacy.

Yes, this country will yet give it's power to the papacy, to bring about a terrible persecution in the last days.
The endtime crises will be a RELIGIOUS thing!

Quote:
Through the two great errors, the immortality of the soul and Sunday sacredness, Satan will bring the people under his deceptions. While the former lays the foundation of Spiritualism, the latter creates a bond of sympathy with Rome. The Protestants of the United States will be foremost in stretching their hands across the gulf to grasp the hand of Spiritualism; they will reach over the abyss to clasp hands with the Roman power; and under the influence of this threefold union, this country will follow in the steps of Rome in trampling on the rights of conscience.--The Great Controversy, p. 588

Quote:
God's Word has given warning of the impending danger; let this be unheeded, and the Protestant world will learn what the purposes of Rome really are, only when it is too late to escape the snare. She is silently growing into power. Her doctrines are exerting their influence in legislative halls, in the churches, and in the hearts of men. She is piling up her lofty and massive structures, in the secret recesses of which her former persecutions will be repeated. Stealthily and unsuspectedly she is strengthening her forces to further her own ends when the time shall come for her to strike. All that she desires is vantage-ground, and this is already being given her. We shall soon see and shall feel what the purpose of the Roman element is. Whoever shall believe and obey the Word of God will thereby incur reproach and persecution. {GC88 581.1}

But none of that needs Obama to be president for it to happen.
And that's the point of objection.

Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: dedication] #183691
05/17/17 10:37 AM
05/17/17 10:37 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
...Your quotes in no way contradict what I've been saying.
In it's early days America was quite anti-papacy. They won't allow Catholics public office for fear that they would do the bidding of the pope instead of working for the good of the country...

The Ellen White quotes that I shared show that the prophecies move from Rome that was forced to desist from persecution to another power that is the last power to wage war against God and His Church. But you persist in rejecting American Protestants' place in prophecy in favor of your Roman views.

Satan was the power behind paganism and Rome and Satan will be the power behind Apostate Protestant American persecution. And Rome is not the Present Truth that should be focused on most prominently now. The Third Angel's Message has arrived! Preach it in its fullness.

Page 16 of 34 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 33 34

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!