HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (2 invisible), 3,127 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 34 of 46 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 45 46
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #183669
05/15/17 09:12 PM
05/15/17 09:12 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: His child
Originally Posted By: kland
I think I replied to everything directed to me in this thread. If I missed something please send me a PM to point me to the post if you want me to comment on it.
The alpha is A and the omega is W in Greek.
Yes, it appears like a "W" in "Greek". But what is omega in Latin/English?

The comments that I have posted on Alpha & Omega (AW - WA) clearly express my current understanding.
So you are saying that the Greek alphabet, the English alphabet, the facts have nothing to do with your understanding? Absolute error glaring in your face and yet it's full steam ahead.

His child, this is why people don't believe you. You disregard the facts and make things up expecting others to accept your imaginings as you do.

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: kland] #183723
05/19/17 05:13 PM
05/19/17 05:13 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
The alpha is A and the omega is W in Greek.
Yes, it appears like a "W" in "Greek". But what is omega in Latin/English?

The comments that I have posted on Alpha & Omega (AW - WA) clearly express my current understanding.
So you are saying that the Greek alphabet, the English alphabet, the facts have nothing to do with your understanding? Absolute error glaring in your face and yet it's full steam ahead.

His child, this is why people don't believe you. You disregard the facts and make things up expecting others to accept your imaginings as you do.

kland,

Thank you for your comments.

As hard as I struggled to understand the objections that you raised in your post, it just didn't make sense. Now that I have let it sit for a while, it clicked. I understand what you are saying.

Quote:
The alpha is A and the lowercase omega is written in Greek as something that resembles a W.

I should word it differently. Jesus is the First and the Last, the Alpha and the Omega. In the parable when Jesus said that the last shall be first, the the American Presidents that correlate with the 11th hour parable have what appears to be an omega (W) and an alpha in the sequencing that is reversed as Jesus indicated.

To express a thought so that it is understood the way that it was intended by its author is difficult at times. The hearer hears it from his perspective and ascribes to it motives and imaginations and biases and so much more from their life experience. It is a wonder...

Thank you

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #183750
05/22/17 02:40 PM
05/22/17 02:40 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Sorry, but I have a serious problem with prophecy which compares two languages and looks at letters which "appears" to resemble a letter in another language.

Omega is in no way related to "W". Do you agree?

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: kland] #183754
05/22/17 05:27 PM
05/22/17 05:27 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Sorry, but I have a serious problem with prophecy which compares two languages and looks at letters which "appears" to resemble a letter in another language.

I cannot agree since the lowercase Greek omega resembles a W in Greek writing. It is like

Quote:
trans·lit·er·ate tr.v. trans·lit·er·at·ed, trans·lit·er·at·ing, trans·lit·er·ates. To represent (letters or words) in the corresponding characters of another alphabet.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/transliteration

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #183755
05/22/17 07:18 PM
05/22/17 07:18 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada

I cannot agree since the lowercase Greek omega resembles a W in Greek writing. It is like

Quote:
trans·lit·er·ate tr.v. trans·lit·er·at·ed, trans·lit·er·at·ing, trans·lit·er·ates. To represent (letters or words) in the corresponding characters of another alphabet.

It appears that you like Bible codes, and put much stock in them. What do you think of this? I think it's quite clever!

Originally Posted By: David Montaigne

I am not suggesting that Donald Trump absolutely *IS* the last trump – but since the LAST TRUMP is one of the most clear and final signs in end times prophecy, can we overlook the possibility that a presidential candidate named Trump is being used as a sign by God? I have been explaining that evidence points towards everyone knowing the real identity of the politician who has not yet been revealed as the Antichrist in 2016. (I suspect one politician in particular, but then again I thought this would have been much more clear by now already…)

As for biblical clues on an end times TRUMP:

First, Paul wrote to the Church at Thessalonica, “But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words” (I Thess. 4:13-18).

Second, Paul wrote to the Church at Corinth, “Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality” (I Cor. 15:51-53).

///

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #183756
05/22/17 07:41 PM
05/22/17 07:41 PM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
I am not suggesting that Donald Trump absolutely *IS* the last trump – but since the LAST TRUMP is one of the most clear and
Quote:
final signs in end times prophecy, can we overlook the possibility that a presidential candidate named Trump is being used as a sign by God? I have been explaining that evidence points towards everyone knowing the real identity of the politician who has not yet been revealed as the Antichrist in 2016. (I suspect one politician in particular, but then again I thought this would have been much more clear by now already…)

It is a fairly big distortion of the Biblical text to make it say 1) that "the antichrist" is a specific politician," and 2) that the Bible's end times description has anything about "Trump" in it, as in President Trump. It is being disrespectful to the President, and while the Bible does contain "trumpets" used in several contexts, there is nothing to do with President Trump.

"The worst foes of my spiritual life have never been hostile circumstance."

"There is always a little bit of light" (Micah 7:8)
https://www.lightintheclouds.net/word

Sincerely, IN Christ; and THROUGH The Spirit

- The Wanderer
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: James Peterson] #183758
05/23/17 03:08 AM
05/23/17 03:08 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: James Peterson

Quote:

It appears that you like Bible codes, and put much stock in them. What do you think of this? I think it's quite clever!

Originally Posted By: David Montaigne

I am not suggesting that Donald Trump absolutely *IS* the last trump – but since the LAST TRUMP is one of the most clear and final signs in end times prophecy, can we overlook the possibility that a presidential candidate named Trump is being used as a sign by God? I have been explaining that evidence points towards everyone knowing the real identity of the politician who has not yet been revealed as the Antichrist in 2016. (I suspect one politician in particular, but then again I thought this would have been much more clear by now already…)

First, Paul wrote to the Church at Thessalonica, “But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words” (I Thess. 4:13-18).

Second, Paul wrote to the Church at Corinth, “Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality” (I Cor. 15:51-53).

///

God does have a sense of humor. President Trump and VP Pence. Have you wondered how the text would read if they were a secondary meaning of the text?

“Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the TRUMP-PENCE shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality” (I Cor. 15:51-53).

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: The Wanderer] #183759
05/23/17 03:12 AM
05/23/17 03:12 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: The Wanderer
I am not suggesting that Donald Trump absolutely *IS* the last trump – but since the LAST TRUMP is one of the most clear and
Quote:
final signs in end times prophecy, can we overlook the possibility that a presidential candidate named Trump is being used as a sign by God? I have been explaining that evidence points towards everyone knowing the real identity of the politician who has not yet been revealed as the Antichrist in 2016. (I suspect one politician in particular, but then again I thought this would have been much more clear by now already…)

It is a fairly big distortion of the Biblical text to make it say 1) that "the antichrist" is a specific politician," and 2) that the Bible's end times description has anything about "Trump" in it, as in President Trump. It is being disrespectful to the President, and while the Bible does contain "trumpets" used in several contexts, there is nothing to do with President Trump.

The same God that Named king Nebuchadnezzar by name "thou art this head of gold" and Cyrus by name 175 years before he was born or ever thought of being the ruler of the known world, is quite capable of identifying America's last President in Bible prophecy and the last Trump if He so desires.

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #183760
05/23/17 05:21 AM
05/23/17 05:21 AM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta

The same God that Named king Nebuchadnezzar by name "thou art this head of gold" and Cyrus by name 175 years before he was born or ever thought of being the ruler of the known world, is quite capable of identifying America's last President in Bible prophecy and the last Trump if He so desires.
No one said or hinted that God was "not capable" of doing such a thing; however, it is being said that we, as in you or I cannot do this. God alone names who we need to know the names of, and He does so very sparingly, concerning "the time of the end." We as humans, have no authority or ability from God's Word to pluck whatever names out of our prophecy hat we want to, and to insert them into God's Word, while the whole time pronouncing those who do not accept such things as "Laodicea" or any similar denunciations

Quote:
Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you. (Deut 4:2)
This would include adding the names of Presidents or Kings, or other leaders, who are not named in the Bible

"The worst foes of my spiritual life have never been hostile circumstance."

"There is always a little bit of light" (Micah 7:8)
https://www.lightintheclouds.net/word

Sincerely, IN Christ; and THROUGH The Spirit

- The Wanderer
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: The Wanderer] #183762
05/23/17 03:17 PM
05/23/17 03:17 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: The Wanderer

No one said or hinted that God was "not capable" of doing such a thing; however, it is being said that we, as in you or I cannot do this. God alone names who we need to know the names of, and He does so very sparingly, concerning "the time of the end." We as humans, have no authority or ability from God's Word to pluck whatever names out of our prophecy hat we want to, and to insert them into God's Word, while the whole time pronouncing those who do not accept such things as "Laodicea" or any similar denunciations

Quote:
Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you. (Deut 4:2)
This would include adding the names of Presidents or Kings, or other leaders, who are not named in the Bible

If that "principle" were applied as you suggest, papal Rome would never be identified in the Bible as having the number 666. But of course, you are not talking about the Church's identifying papal Rome, you are objecting to use the same principle to identify Presidents that you do not believe are identified in the Bible.

When the LORD places knowledge in His word, we can seek to understand what He has revealed and preach it to the best of our understanding, or we can invent reasons to give ourselves cover for not believing what His revealed word says and what it means.

Apostate religions have been doing that for years. The Sabbath is a great example. A well known preacher was preaching a series on the 10 Commandments. When he got to the Sabbath Commandment, a friend listening to the broadcast said, "He's going to get mad now." Why do you think that i asked? "Because he does not have a Scripture to stand on so he is going to go to holy indignation." And the preacher did that very thing as he twisted God's Sabbath into Sunday.

Tradition is alive and well beneath her cloak of piety. But it is not the robe that we should wear. Christ's righteousness is a far more desirable robe for His followers.

Page 34 of 46 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 45 46

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!