HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 2,886 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 17 of 46 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 45 46
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #182437
02/05/17 08:13 PM
02/05/17 08:13 PM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
In this post I wish to dwell on Revelation 4,5,6, which lead into the seals.

Mark pointed us to the chapter by EGW on the "The Shaking".
A Question -- that chapter begins with agonizing and many falling away, but ends with the remnant moving forward with great strength. What made them so strong?

Answer -- they prayed for, and received a fuller outpouring of the Holy Spirit -- the latter rain.

What is Revelation 4 and 6 about?

These chapters cover the Christian experience -- beginning with the outpouring of the Holy Spirit when the Christian church was first born.

Following the blueprint of salvation portrayed by the feasts --these chapters show the “first fruit sheaf” accepted before the Lord, followed by the outpouring at Pentecost.

Christ is declared "WORTHY" and is inaugurated into his royal priesthood.

A magnificent picture of the sanctuary in heaven emerges in these chapters. "After these things I looked and behold a door standing open in heaven". . .and John saw "seven lamps of fire burning before the throne." There are also golden bowls full of incense.

A door in heaven is open. (Rev. 4:1) What door is this?

The word "door" "thura," in Revelation 4:1 appears many times in the Septuagint in direct reference to the door into the sanctuary. Leviticus 3:1 tells us the sacrifice is killed at the "thura" of the tabernacle.

And here in heaven we see the Lamb that has already been slain! The sacrifice was offered, and now the door into the heavenly sanctuary is open. The work of Christ's heavenly priesthood is to begin.

In Leviticus we read:
“And he shall wave the sheaf before the Lord, to be accepted for you.” Lev. 23:11 The single sheaf, presented to the Lord here, during the Jewish feasts, speaks of the person of our Lord Jesus Christ. He is the sheaf of first fruits
(1 Corinthians 15:20-23) “For now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the first fruits of them that slept.

Christ’s first work is to light the lampstands! Notice again the seven lampstands in Revelation 4, this time they are referred to as seven spirits. "Seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven spirits of God." Remember the consternation - is anyone worthy? Before His ascension Jesus told the disciples to wait for the Promise of the Holy Spirit which would come upon them. And they would be witnesses "to the end of the earth". (Acts 1:4-8)

When Christ was accepted as the "ONE" worthy to begin the work in the sanctuary, He sent out His Holy Spirit to His messengers on earth.

Compare this with Peter's sermon on the day of Pentecost when the followers of Christ were filled with the Holy Spirit:
Acts 2.32-33 "This Jesus has God raised up, and has now exalted by His right hand, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he has shed forth this, which ye now see and hear."

Revelation 4 and 5 show Christ being exalted in heaven, His sacrifice declared worthy and acceptable, the work of the sanctuary begun, and THE HOLY SPIRIT given to the church upon earth. The day of Pentecost marked the opening of Christ's work in the heavenly sanctuary. The first phase of His Priestly ministry had begun in the Holy Place.

Quote:
AA.038.003
Christ's ascension to heaven was the signal that His followers were to receive the promised blessing. For this they were to wait before they entered upon their work.
When Christ passed within the heavenly gates, He was enthroned amidst the adoration of the angels. As soon as this ceremony was completed,the Holy Spirit descended upon the disciples in rich currents, and Christ was indeed glorified, even with the glory which He had with the Father from all eternity. The Pentecostal outpouring was Heaven's communication that the Redeemer's inauguration was accomplished.
According to His promise He had sent the Holy Spirit from heaven to His followers as a token that He had, as priest and king, received all authority in heaven and on earth, and was the Anointed One over His people.

We are, in these chapters, primarily with Christ’s work in the Holy Place, fulfilling the Pentecost “festival” by pouring out the early rain of the Holy Spirit.

That "early rain" was not just a one time experience -- that early rain is available for the church throughout all Christiandom to those who seek it and cherish it and follow the Spirit's leading in surrender and obedience.

Yes, we are expecting the "latter rain" --
But are we rejecting the "early rain" or are we seeking it?

The seals show a progressive rejection of the "early Rain" and descent into Babylon -- the counterfeit self exalting religion that clothes itself in the trimmings of Christianity.

Every horse that rides forth continues to ride until the end.
1. The gospel empowered by the holy spirit.
2. A false gospel empowered by the sword.
3. A false religion in which the gospel is scarce.
4. A deadly religion of deception and death.

The problem with many is they see these things as "one time events". No -- they are the story of Christianity, they cover the history of the Christian church.

We should NOT reject the established prophecies, to do so is rejecting the Testimonies. We simply realize that these things continue until the end. The forces of history both good and bad are still in force.

The Holy Spirit was given to the young church in powerful measure and we too need to be immersed-baptized in the Holy Spirit on a daily bases. Then we can ride with white horse, even though the other horses are also galloping throughout the society.

Quote:
We may be sure that when the Holy Spirit is poured out, [speaking of the latter rain] those who did not receive and appreciate the early rain will not see or understand the value of the latter rain.--TM 399 (1896).

At no point in our experience can we dispense with the assistance of that which enables us to make the first start. The blessings received under the former rain are needful to us to the end. Yet these alone will not suffice. While we cherish the blessing of the early rain, we must not, on the other hand, lose sight of the fact that without the latter rain, to fill out the ears and ripen the grain, the harvest will not be ready for the sickle, and the labor of the sower will have been in vain. Divine grace is needed at the beginning, divine grace at every step of advance, and divine grace alone can complete the work....If we do not place ourselves in an attitude to receive both the former and the latter rain, we shall lose our souls, and the responsibility will lie at our own door. {TM 507.2}

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #182449
02/06/17 05:07 PM
02/06/17 05:07 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
If things do unfold in this way we can easily envision that in the aftermath of the first trumpet, we the sleeping virgins hurriedly arouse ourselves, trim our lamps and “at the commencement of the time of trouble, we were filled with the Holy Ghost as we went forth and proclaimed the Sabbath more fully.” Ellen White, Early Writings page 33.

Are there more than one time of trouble?

Are the trumpets associated with the time of trouble? Which one?

What does "proclaiming the Sabbath more fully mean"? Some claim it means keeping it on another day than the 7th.

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: kland] #182456
02/07/17 07:04 AM
02/07/17 07:04 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: kland
If things do unfold in this way we can easily envision that in the aftermath of the first trumpet, we the sleeping virgins hurriedly arouse ourselves, trim our lamps and “at the commencement of the time of trouble, we were filled with the Holy Ghost as we went forth and proclaimed the Sabbath more fully.” Ellen White, Early Writings page 33.

Are there more than one time of trouble?

Are the trumpets associated with the time of trouble? Which one?

What does "proclaiming the Sabbath more fully mean"? Some claim it means keeping it on another day than the 7th.

Well, I do believe there is a little time of trouble and the main time of trouble. These are basically separated by the close of probation.

I would also call the 1260 years a time of trouble in its own right.

I guess there could be more.

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Daryl] #182458
02/07/17 02:33 PM
02/07/17 02:33 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Daryl
Looks like Donald Trump is going to become the next President of the United States, that will show that it was a false prophecy regarding Obama having a 3rd term as President of the United States, becoming a dictator, or whatever.
Originally Posted By: His child
Originally Posted By: kland

Something seemed to have changed between 11/19/16 and 11/28/16.

Would you call this "backpedaling"? If not, what could possibly be called backpedaling in regard to your prediction here?

Yes, you claim you talked to MM about this. How long ago was that? Did you forget that when you make an absolute statement such as:
President Obama is: 1) America's last President

(By the way, if saying, "Then Christ will come before April 1, 2017" is not date setting, I'm not sure what would be)

kland,

I am more convinced that Obama will be President until Christ comes and that Trump will never be inaugurated, but I cannot be dogmatic about a prophecy that has not been fulfilled.

How did God lead His people in the past? They knew without a doubt that Jesus would come in 1843. Oops the year zero through off their calculation by one year. They knew without a doubt that Jesus would come in 1844. Oops the wrong Sanctuary.

We have nothing to fear except we forget how God has led His people in the past. How was that? With infallibility? no! He allowed them to be almost right and then learn from their errors when the time past and they compared the event to the Scriptures.

And you might look up that no message on time quote again and keep it in context. It does not say what you think it says.

My study of Daniel and Revelation confirm that President Obama is the last American President identified in Bible prophecy.

As I understand it, President Trump will not be in office past 3/28/2017. Babylon was a religio-political power. I have understood that there would be 3 popes (Francis, Benedict & Satan as John-Paul II for a brief time) to fulfill the prophecy of religious Babylon. But I did not understand that the political Babylon would end with (Bush II, Obama, and Trump for a brief time).

I do not expect Christ to come by 28 March 2017 because the Time of Trouble has not escalated to that point yet.

And I have learned some marvelous things in my absence from this forum with it's too many doubting Thomases

Habakkuk says wait the vision will come at the appointed time. God is dividing those who go by faith in the sure word of prophecy from those who go by sight.

The word of God is sure. We know in part and we prophecy in part, but when that which is perfect is come then that which is in part will be done away!

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #182459
02/07/17 02:54 PM
02/07/17 02:54 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Another sign that is along these lines is the growing awareness among Adventists that Ellen White places most of the prophecies of Revelation in the future, ...
Quote:

The fifth chapter of Revelation needs to be closely studied. It is of great importance to those who shall act a part in the work of God for these last days. There are some who are deceived. They do not realize what is coming on the earth. . . Unless they make a decided change they will be found wanting when God pronounces judgment upon the children of men. They have transgressed the law and broken the everlasting covenant, and they will receive according to their works. {9T 267.1}

Mark,
Here is a brief comment...
Revelation had chapters inserted after it was written

Chapter 6 is part of chapter 5.

The white horse: King Nebuchadnezzar, Babylon, President Reagan

Red horse: King Evil-Meridoch, Medo-Persia, Presiednt Bush I

Black horse: King Neglesser, Greece, President Clinton

sick horse: Kings Nabonidus & Belshazzar, Pagan & papal Rome, Presidents Bush I (death) & Obama (hell)

As Ancient Babylon had Daniel as it's third ruler...briefly, We have Donald John Trump.

Rev 6:10 " How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?"

Judgment Hours of dead and living have ended...how long to dispence judgment?

6:15 rich men= Laodiceans who think they need nothing

6:17 Great day has come

Keep it short sanints

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #182461
02/08/17 02:39 AM
02/08/17 02:39 AM
J
Josh M  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018
Colorado, USA

A thought occurred to me-

If the judgement of both the living and the dead has ended, then logically there can be no more judging as we would have moved to the final phase of this world's history, which culminates in the dispensing of judgement.

Yet, people are still being born, and these new people "being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil" while judgement was proceeding could not have been included in the judgement. (Rom 9:11) Yet still, when judgement is finally closed, then it is truly and forever closed for all beings and for all eternity. Therefor, judgement must not have closed.

My expectation is that either the events prior to the close of judgement will be such as to prevent children from being conceived or God will simply prevent it as was done with Abimelech's household when Abraham was there.

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Josh M] #182462
02/08/17 03:53 PM
02/08/17 03:53 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Josh M

If the judgement of both the living and the dead has ended, then logically there can be no more judging as we would have moved to the final phase of this world's history, which culminates in the dispensing of judgement.

Yet, people are still being born, and these new people "being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil" while judgement was proceeding could not have been included in the judgement. (Rom 9:11) Yet still, when judgement is finally closed, then it is truly and forever closed for all beings and for all eternity. Therefor, judgement must not have closed.

My expectation is that either the events prior to the close of judgement will be such as to prevent children from being conceived or God will simply prevent it as was done with Abimelech's household when Abraham was there.

If The judgment is like that, you conclusion would be correct.

I believe that the Judgment is more like an audit. Everyone has been audited (judged) and their accounts are up to date and open. And every account will remain open during the sealing time until Jesus declares "It is done" Then the books will close.

Compare it to taking tax deductions. You can give to charities until midnight, but after that your deductions cannot be posted that year. They have to go on the next year's return. Between now and the declaration (It is done), we are being sealed by the Holy Spirit in preparation for the time when Christ will finish His work in Heaven's Sanctuary.

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #182464
02/08/17 07:59 PM
02/08/17 07:59 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA

I believe that the Judgment is more like an audit. Everyone has been audited (judged) and their accounts are up to date and open. And every account will remain open during the sealing time until Jesus declares "It is done" Then the books will close.

Compare it to taking tax deductions. You can give to charities until midnight, but after that your deductions cannot be posted that year. They have to go on the next year's return. Between now and the declaration (It is done), we are being sealed by the Holy Spirit in preparation for the time when Christ will finish His work in Heaven's Sanctuary.
And OBAMA is president?

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: APL] #182468
02/09/17 07:26 AM
02/09/17 07:26 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: APL

And OBAMA is president?

Yeah. But, don't we still have to wait until March 28th or something like that?

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #182470
02/09/17 07:49 AM
02/09/17 07:49 AM
J
Josh M  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018
Colorado, USA

I've been thinking about this today, and while I think I understand how you've presented it, it seems to me that the books still being open would equate with judgement having not actually ended. After all, if changes can still be made in our accounts, then Jesus would still be interceding in the temple in Heaven and therefor judging us. The sealing time began when the investigative judgement began, as Ellen White referred to it in present tense saying "just now in this sealing time" when describing the activities of Satan. ( Early Writings pg.44)

I agree that the books will close when the sealing is finished, but the declaration "It is done" is in the seventh plague. In Revelation 7:3 there is an angel saying to the four holding the winds of heavens "Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads." From this it appears that the time of trouble and the execution of judgement, the plagues, cannot precede the sealing. It then seems that by the time the declaration "It is done" is made in the seventh plague it must be some time after the sealing has already finished. Further, we see in the sixth plague a very sudden declaration "Behold, I come as a thief." At this point Jesus is announcing His return, and must have already ceased the intercessory ministry in the temple.

Page 17 of 46 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 45 46

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!