HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,795 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 35 of 46 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 45 46
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #183763
05/23/17 04:39 PM
05/23/17 04:39 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: His child
Originally Posted By: kland
Sorry, but I have a serious problem with prophecy which compares two languages and looks at letters which "appears" to resemble a letter in another language.

Omega is in no way related to "W". Do you agree?

I cannot agree since the lowercase Greek omega resembles a W in Greek writing. It is like

Quote:
trans·lit·er·ate tr.v. trans·lit·er·at·ed, trans·lit·er·at·ing, trans·lit·er·ates. To represent (letters or words) in the corresponding characters of another alphabet.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/transliteration

Yes, I would agree with your quote!

What does it mean to you, "corresponding characters of another alphabet"? How do you see our "W" corresponding to Omega in any way?

You quoted the following:

Quote:
Alpha (uppercase Α, lowercase α; Greek: Άλφα Álpha) is the first letter of the Greek alphabet. In the system of Greek numerals it has a value of 1. It was derived from the Phoenician and Hebrew letter aleph - an ox or leader. Letters that arose from alpha include the Latin A and the Cyrillic letter А. (Alpha - Wikipedia)

Quote:
Omega (capital: Ω, lowercase: ω; Greek Ωμέγα) is the 24th and last letter of the Greek alphabet. In the Greek numeric system, it has a value of 800. The word literally means "great O" (ō mega, mega meaning "great"), as opposed to omicron, which means "little O" (o mikron, micron meaning "little"). (Omega - Wikipedia)

What does "great O" mean to you?

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #183764
05/23/17 05:19 PM
05/23/17 05:19 PM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta

If that "principle" were applied as you suggest, papal Rome would never be identified in the Bible as having the number 666.
Once again, this is incorrect. That number is not needed to identify "Papal Rome" but it is in the Bible. Whats wrong is US inserting names that are not already there in God's Word. We are not to ADD or SUBTRACT from His Holy Word. Inserting names of presidents is guilty of doing BOTH.

"The worst foes of my spiritual life have never been hostile circumstance."

"There is always a little bit of light" (Micah 7:8)
https://www.lightintheclouds.net/word

Sincerely, IN Christ; and THROUGH The Spirit

- The Wanderer
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: James Peterson] #183765
05/23/17 05:44 PM
05/23/17 05:44 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: James Peterson
...It is like

Quote:
trans·lit·er·ate tr.v. trans·lit·er·at·ed, trans·lit·er·at·ing, trans·lit·er·ates. To represent (letters or words) in the corresponding characters of another alphabet.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/transliteration

It appears that you like Bible codes, and put much stock in them. What do you think of this? I think it's quite clever!

Originally Posted By: David Montaigne

[b]I am not suggesting that Donald Trump absolutely *IS* the last trump ...

///
Now that would at least make meaning clever use the English language....

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: kland] #183770
05/24/17 01:46 AM
05/24/17 01:46 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
In Greek the Omega uppercase is like an upside down horseshoe and the lowercase looks like a W.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: The Wanderer] #183771
05/24/17 01:53 AM
05/24/17 01:53 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: The Wanderer

If that "principle" were applied as you suggest, papal Rome would never be identified in the Bible as having the number 666.
Once again, this is incorrect. That number is not needed to identify "Papal Rome" but it is in the Bible. Whats wrong is US inserting names that are not already there in God's Word. We are not to ADD or SUBTRACT from His Holy Word. Inserting names of presidents is guilty of doing BOTH.

Once again, this reply is incorrect. The number 666 is in the Bible but the name for which it stands is not. To link the name with the number is correct only if something not in the Bible is inserted to explain what it means. Using a double standard is not rightly dividing the word of truth.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #183774
05/24/17 05:04 AM
05/24/17 05:04 AM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
Once again, this reply is incorrect. The number 666 is in the Bible but the name for which it stands is not. To link the name with the number is correct only if something not in the Bible is inserted to explain what it means. Using a double standard is not rightly dividing the word of truth.
"Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you." (Dut 4:2)

"And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:" (Rev 22:17-18)

Quote:
Blindness of mind has happened to Israel. For human agents to misconstrue and put a forced, half truthful, and mystical construction upon the oracles of God, is an act which endangers their own souls, and the souls of others. "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book. If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book." Revelation 22:18, 19. Those who, by their human construction, shall make the Scripture to utter that which Christ has never placed upon it, weaken its force, making the voice of God in instruction and warnings to testify falsehood, to avoid the inconvenience incurred by obedience to God's requirements, have become signboards, pointing in the wrong direction, into false paths, which lead to transgression and death. {FE 386.2}

"The worst foes of my spiritual life have never been hostile circumstance."

"There is always a little bit of light" (Micah 7:8)
https://www.lightintheclouds.net/word

Sincerely, IN Christ; and THROUGH The Spirit

- The Wanderer
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: The Wanderer] #183775
05/24/17 11:29 AM
05/24/17 11:29 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: The Wanderer
"Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you." (Dut 4:2)

"And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:" (Rev 22:17-18)

Quote:
Blindness of mind has happened to Israel. For human agents to misconstrue and put a forced, half truthful, and mystical construction upon the oracles of God, is an act which endangers their own souls, and the souls of others. "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book. If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book." Revelation 22:18, 19. Those who, by their human construction, shall make the Scripture to utter that which Christ has never placed upon it, weaken its force, making the voice of God in instruction and warnings to testify falsehood, to avoid the inconvenience incurred by obedience to God's requirements, have become signboards, pointing in the wrong direction, into false paths, which lead to transgression and death. {FE 386.2}

Lest we forget it is also written:

Quote:
There have been one and another who in studying their Bibles thought they discovered great light, and new theories, but these have not been correct. The Scripture is all true, but by misapplying the Scripture men arrive at wrong conclusions. We are engaged in a mighty conflict, and it will become more close and determined, as we near the final struggle. We have a sleepless adversary, and he is constantly at work upon human minds that have not had a personal experience in the teachings of the people of God for the past fifty years. Some will take the truth applicable to their time, and place it in the future. Events in the train of prophecy that had their fulfillment away in the past are made future, and thus by these theories the faith of some is undermined. {2SM 102.2}

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: kland] #183777
05/24/17 12:40 PM
05/24/17 12:40 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
In Greek the Omega uppercase is like an upside down horseshoe and the lowercase looks like a W.

Yes, I agree it "looks" and "appears".

But it's NOT!

You did not answer this:

What does it mean to you, "corresponding characters of another alphabet"? How do you see our "W" corresponding to Omega in any way?

Makes me think, you cannot answer it.

Find any evidence anywhere which states the Greek letter Omega corresponds to our letter "W". Your friend did not and Wikipedia did not.

In case you need to look at it another way:
What does our great capital letter "O" correspond to in Greek?

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: kland] #183841
05/27/17 01:02 PM
05/27/17 01:02 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: kland

Yes, I agree it "looks" and "appears".

But it's NOT!

You did not answer this:

Makes me think, you cannot answer it.

Find any evidence anywhere which states the Greek letter Omega corresponds to our letter "W". Your friend did not and Wikipedia did not.

In case you need to look at it another way:
What does our great capital letter "O" correspond to in Greek?

That is illogical.

Corresponding alphabets is not the issue. The omega is the last letter in the Greek alphabet. The z is the last letter in ours. Te Greeks have an Oo in their alphabet as we have Oo in ours.

When changing from the Greek to the English a and z would be first and last.

go to this link and look at the Greek alphabet.

LINK IS HERE

But looking at the Greek alphabet their first letter can be written like our A a and their last letter can be written like an upside down horseshoe or W. Their last letter isn't written as an o when the Greeks write. Their (8th letter almost looks like an o) and their 15th letter is written as an O o. But these letters are not omega.

That is the fact of the matter.

In the 11th hour parable Jesus clearly states that the workers shall receive their reward and that the first will be last and the last will be first.

The fact is that the American Presidents that I have been identified from a study of Daniel 7 (Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, and Obama) align with the number of times that the owner of the vineyard went to seek helpers. They all have the reversed w a sequencing in their names. Except Obama, but that WA sequencing is noted when Bush II and Obama are considered as if they are one. And that the 11th hour is the hour before midnight. The Bridegroom come at midnight in another parable.

The only argument that you have presented against this explanation of Bible truth is to explain away the fact that an omega looks like a W when the Greeks write it in a word in the lowercase.

Have a Greek person write you a note with words that contain omegas in them in both uppercase and lowercase and see if they have any O's where the omegas belong. they will have upside down horse shoes and what appears to be w's. There will not be any o's in that note where the omega's belong.

An omega is NOT! an o when Greeks use it in a word.

Last edited by dedication; 05/28/17 12:16 AM. Reason: Fixed wide width

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #183846
05/28/17 02:18 AM
05/28/17 02:18 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
What does making the omega look like a W have to do with proclaiming the third angel's message?

The whole argument of looking for A and W in the names of presidents sounds like an arbitrary game to me.
I agree with kland, it's mixing two languages which are not the same, a W is not the last letter of the alphabet even if it has similarities in shape to the Greek omega, it does NOT correspond, so how can anyone prove something by simply picking a W and A letter anywhere in the names and saying "ah-ha" these presidents are alpha and omega?

I remember reading an old document from the 1600's a while back on the Sabbath by Tillam -- the alphabet looked somewhat different then. An "s" greatly resembled an "f", in fact there was very little difference between them the "f" simply reaching a tiny bit further down in the loop than the "s".

Thus on page one I read: "The firft Royal Law that Jehovah inftituted and for our Example celebrated, namely his bleffed·Seventh day Sabbath, if in thefe very laft day become the laft great controverifie between the Saints and the Man of fin."

Now if you can read that -- you'll not only find it amazing that such a sentence (and book) was written back in 1657, but you will also notice that just because a letter LOOKS THE SAME does not make it the same. The tiny difference made a big difference. The s was not an f even though it sure looked like an f.

I seriously think we need to really start talking about the third angel's message and not fill up so many threads with this speculative stuff. The Sabbath truth needs to go out in its proper framework of righteousness by faith. That is of top importance in messages of the three angels.

I like the quote HC gave above and think we need to take it seriously, it describes what is happening here on the forum perfectly.
We see it happening in more than one case.

Quote:
There have been one and another who in studying their Bibles thought they discovered great light, and new theories, [like this theory of the presidents] but these have not been correct. The Scripture is all true, but by misapplying the Scripture men arrive at wrong conclusions. [like Obama has to be the last president] We are engaged in a mighty conflict, and it will become more close and determined, as we near the final struggle. We have a sleepless adversary, and he is constantly at work upon human minds that have not had a personal experience in the teachings of the people of God for the past fifty years. [Those teachings in the early years of Adventism did NOT mix symbols with interpretations, nor did they have presidents popping up on both beasts of Rev. 13, they were straight forward and they are still relevant today] Some will take the truth applicable to their time, and place it in the future. [Like reinterpreting the time lines and the prophecies which span all of Christianity as applying again, a second interpretation, in the future] Events in the train of prophecy that had their fulfillment away in the past are made future, and thus by these theories the faith of some is undermined. {2SM 102.2}

Instead of all this speculative stuff, let's give the third angel's message a certain sound -- one that does not have to be constantly reworked to fit the latest news as all these "new light" theories do, but one that is firmly established and certain.

All the quoting of EGW, while totally revamping the prophecies that are the very foundation of Adventism, does not hide the fact that her testimonies are being rejected.

The third angel's message built on the SURE WORD of prophecy is NOT 'old news' needing to be "upgraded" it is extremely relevant for today.

Page 35 of 46 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 45 46

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!