HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (2 invisible), 3,186 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 36 of 46 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 45 46
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: dedication] #183848
05/28/17 02:50 AM
05/28/17 02:50 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
The omega W and twisted interpretations of prophecy. How many times are we going to be proven wrong before we learn our lesson?

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Alchemy] #183849
05/28/17 09:38 AM
05/28/17 09:38 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
The omega W and twisted interpretations of prophecy. How many times are we going to be proven wrong before we learn our lesson?

Alchemy
I do not know how many times you will be proven wrong before you learn your lesson. But that is probably not what you were asking.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: kland] #183850
05/28/17 10:49 AM
05/28/17 10:49 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: kland
Originally Posted By: His child
In Greek the Omega uppercase is like an upside down horseshoe and the lowercase looks like a W.

Yes, I agree it "looks" and "appears".

But it's NOT!

You did not answer this:

What does it mean to you, "corresponding characters of another alphabet"? How do you see our "W" corresponding to Omega in any way?
What does "great O" mean to you?

Makes me think, you cannot answer it.

Find any evidence anywhere which states the Greek letter Omega corresponds to our letter "W". Your friend did not and Wikipedia did not.

In case you need to look at it another way:
What does our great capital letter "O" correspond to in Greek?

kland,

Now that I have demonstrated how I came upon my understanding of the WA sequencing based on the appearance of Greek letters in the names of the 5 American Presidents that are revealed in Daniel 7

1) Ronald Wilson Reagan
2) George Herbert Walker Bush
3) William Jefferson Clinton
4) George Walker Bush
5) Barack Hussein Obama

I have seriously continued to look at your objection.

Sin is a conflict between light and darkness.

Creation was accomplished in 7 days.
6 days for God to work and 1 day of rest.

Satan's creation...
sin is allotted 6000 years to work its havoc
and a 1000 years to rest.
Thus an hour of a 1000 years is allotted for the Judgment Hours

Quote:
So when even was come, the lord of the vineyard saith unto his steward, Call the labourers, and give them their hire, beginning from the last unto the first. And when they came that were hired about the eleventh hour, they received every man a penny. (Matthew 20:8-9)

These presidents align with the ending of the 11th hour.
My study has learned that the Judgment Hours of the Dead and Living were for a specific duration (83 years 4 months)

Quote:
Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world. (John 11:9)

Quote:
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. (2 Peter 3:8)

1000 years/12 hours = 83 years 4 months

The Judgment Hour of the Dead was from 22 October 1844 to 22 February 1928. (The Christian Church that had apostatized into the papacy received its deadly wound in 1798 and it continued to be dead when the Judgment Hour of the Dead began 22 October 1844)

Quote:
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? (1Peter 4:17)

After the Judgment Hour of the Dead papal Church ended 22 February 1928, Mussolini began the healing process in February 1929. The healing process continued through June 1929. By the Day of atonement 14 October 1929, the RC was alive again in that the pope had his secular kingdom restored to him...he was a king again.

The Judgment of the Living (including the papal Church) began on the 14 October 1929 Day of Atonement. It continued for One Hour and the time allotted for it ended 83 years 4 months later on 14 February 2013.

At that time the last President identified in Daniel was in office and the last pope of the 7 to rule the 1929 restored kingdom was resigning while the RC was embroiled in a fornication scandal that Pope Benedict had turned a blind eye to.

As the Judgment Hour of the Living (14 October 1929 through 14 February 2013) neared its close these 5 Presidents served America. This is when the time allotted to Judgment of the Living was closing. As the parable indicated the laborers rewards had been determined at the end of the 11th hour.

And the parable says that the first shall be last and the last first. Looking at the first President & the last President in the series from your perspective where the alpha is an A & the omega is an O, the sequencing is reversed from AO to OA in the first and last President in the series in the closing moments of the Judgment Hour.

1) Ronald Wilson Reagan
5) Barack Hussein Obama

As I continue to prayerfully study, I continue to learn.
Thank you for your persistence on this point.
I have been blessed from your feedback.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: dedication] #183851
05/28/17 11:55 AM
05/28/17 11:55 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: dedication
What does making the omega look like a W have to do with proclaiming the third angel's message?

This is a fair question when it is removed from the efforts to turn people from today's Present Truth and redirect them to the Present Truth from the 1600's that was for that day. The Present Truth from the 1600's was not the complete message that we need for our day.

God's word is not mystical and unintelligible (cf EGW).

God's word is specific (cf EGW)

God's word is sure (cf EGW)

And as sure as God identified Kings Nebuchadnezzar and Cyrus, He has identified Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, & Obama.

In Revelation 18 when Pope Benedict was resigning during the RC fornication scandal, the 4th angel began to sound. And the king from the earth (President Obama) praised the fornication of the RC priests as a civil right in the marriage relationship.

By faith President Obama is the last American President identified in Bible Prophecy. The 4th angel has begun to sound. The RC now has two popes with a third soon to come like ancient Babylon had 2 kings when it was about to fall (Nabonidus and Belshazzar) with Daniel becoming the third at the final moments of the kingdom.

The flow of decent people into the RC has been diminished because of the priests' fornication scandal (the Euphrates is drying up). Likewise the people in the literal Euphrates River basin are fleeing for their lives (the Euphrates is drying up) and some people don't see the fulfillment of Bible prophecy enough to give the definite message the right sound at the right time.

Instead of warning people not to take the Mark of the Beast that will be implemented by President Obama, they write off prophetic warnings that are seen by faith, and they turn the people back to messages from the 1600's.

Quote:
even the prophets who were favored with the special illumination of the Spirit did not fully comprehend the import of the revelations committed to them. The meaning was to be unfolded from age to age, as the people of God should need the instruction therein contained. (GC88 344.1)

Quote:
The study of the Revelation directs the mind to the prophecies of Daniel, and both present most important instruction, given of God to men, concerning events to take place at the close of this world’s history. (GC88 341.3)

Quote:
The world is preparing for the closing work of the third angel’s message. The truth is now to go forth with a power that it has not known for years. The message of present truth is to be proclaimed everywhere. We must be aroused to give this message with a loud voice, as symbolized in the four¬teenth chapter of Revelation. There is danger of our accepting the theory of the truth without accepting the great responsibility which it lays upon every recipient. My brethren, show your faith by your works. The world must be prepared for the loud cry of the third angel’s message—a message which God declares shall be cut short in righteousness. (10MR 218.3)

Quote:
Let the watchmen now lift up their voice and give the message which is present truth for this time. Let us show the people where we are in prophetic history and seek to arouse the spirit of true Protestantism, awaking the world to a sense of the value of the privileges of religious liberty so long enjoyed. (5T 716.2)

Quote:
The perils of the last days are upon us, and in our work we are to warn the people of the danger they are in. Let not the solemn scenes which prophecy has revealed be left untouched. If our people were half awake, if they realized the nearness of the events portrayed in the Revelation, a reformation would be wrought in our churches, and many more would believe the message. We have no time to lose; God calls upon us to watch for souls as they that must give an account. Advance new principles, and crowd in the clear-cut truth. It will be as a sword cutting both ways. But be not too ready to take a controversial attitude. There will be times when we must stand still and see the salvation of God. Let Daniel speak, let the Revelation speak, and tell what is truth. But whatever phase of the subject is presented, uplift Jesus as the center of all hope, ‘the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright and morning Star.’ Revelation 22:16. (6T 61.4)

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #183884
05/30/17 01:27 PM
05/30/17 01:27 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
In Greek the Omega uppercase is like an upside down horseshoe and the lowercase looks like a W.

Yes, I agree it "looks" and "appears".

But it's NOT!

You did not answer this:

What does it mean to you, "corresponding characters of another alphabet"? How do you see our "W" corresponding to Omega in any way?
What does "great O" mean to you?

Makes me think, you cannot answer it.

Find any evidence anywhere which states the Greek letter Omega corresponds to our letter "W". Your friend did not and Wikipedia did not.

In case you need to look at it another way:
What does our great capital letter "O" correspond to in Greek?

That is illogical.
What is illogical?

Quote:

Corresponding alphabets is not the issue.
That's interesting since on 05/22/17 at 10:27 AM you said in post #183754:
Sorry, but I have a serious problem with prophecy which compares two languages and looks at letters which "appears" to resemble a letter in another language.

Omega is in no way related to "W". Do you agree?

I cannot agree since the lowercase Greek omega resembles a W in Greek writing. It is like

Quote:
trans·lit·er·ate tr.v. trans·lit·er·at·ed, trans·lit·er·at·ing, trans·lit·er·ates. To represent (letters or words) in the corresponding characters of another alphabet.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/transliteration

Quote:

The omega is the last letter in the Greek alphabet. The z is the last letter in ours.
Oh, I agree with this. It "might" be logical if you were comparing presidents name with A and Z in them. But no, you are not doing this. You are randomly picking W because it looks like a letter in another language.

Quote:

But looking at the Greek alphabet their first letter can be written like our A a and their last letter can be written like an upside down horseshoe or W. Their last letter isn't written as an o when the Greeks write. Their (8th letter almost looks like an o) and their 15th letter is written as an O o. But these letters are not omega.
But the Greek omicron looks like an O.

Quote:
The only argument that you have presented against this explanation of Bible truth is to explain away the fact that an omega looks like a W when the Greeks write it in a word in the lowercase.
His child, if we are going with looks, then it looks like Obama is not the last president. Are you going to explain away the fact that Obama looks like he's not the last president?

An omega is NOT! a W in our language. You are using our language for the presidents. Use the Greek transliteration of them if you are going to use Greek omegas.

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #183885
05/30/17 01:29 PM
05/30/17 01:29 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
His child, I have completely shattered the foundation of your so called prophecy. You are left holding the fragments and yet you see no problem.

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: kland] #183914
06/01/17 12:02 PM
06/01/17 12:02 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
His child, I have completely shattered the foundation of your so called prophecy. You are left holding the fragments and yet you see no problem.

On the contrary. You have settled in your mind that truth that you refuse to see and accept is a lie. As you continue to explain away what you cannot understand, you will make it more difficult for yourself to grow in a knowledge of truth.

The blessing for me is to understand the frailty of human language to express thoughts that are worthy of consideration. My dyslexia often (though imperceptible to me at the time) makes sharing my understanding of an issue the more difficult. When I go back to my own statements after letting them set, I often see how poorly I expressed myself and how I set up myself to be misunderstood.

I once wrote an article that was reviewed by William Shae. He graciously replied to it with a straw man illustration that pointed out errors that he saw. When I reviewed my article (after 6 months of waiting for his reply) I found that he completely agreed with my position though he read me to be saying the opposite thing from what I had actually written. Because I did not write my article in a way that he could understand me, he took an opposing view to my view that was actually his view in different words.

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #183976
06/05/17 12:51 PM
06/05/17 12:51 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
You need to acknowledge the truth that the Greek letter omega is not our letter "w".

Try to find a native born Greek person to say that omega corresponds to a "w". In fact, try to find a native born Greek person to say that omega even looks like a "w".

I believe your lack of knowledge of alphabets would be insulting to other cultures.

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: kland] #183990
06/06/17 12:32 AM
06/06/17 12:32 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
You need to acknowledge the truth that the Greek letter omega is not our letter "w".

Try to find a native born Greek person to say that omega corresponds to a "w". In fact, try to find a native born Greek person to say that omega even looks like a "w".

I believe your lack of knowledge of alphabets would be insulting to other cultures.

That was addressed in an earlier post.

I asked a co-worked who was born and educated in Greece:

If you were writing an omega using the Greek alphabet, how would you write it?

She wrote an upside down horseshoe for the uppercase omega
and a "W" for the lowercase omega.

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #183996
06/06/17 04:37 AM
06/06/17 04:37 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada

I asked a co-worked who was born and educated in Greece:

If you were writing an omega using the Greek alphabet, how would you write it?

She wrote an upside down horseshoe for the uppercase omega
and a "W" for the lowercase omega.

Kland has explained it before --
Just because a letter LOOKS like some other letter in another alphabet, does not make it that other letter.

Transliteration does not operate on "look a likes" it operates on "the same sound".

If you had asked your Greek friend what an omega SOUNDS like, and she would have intoned a "w", then you might have a case, but the omega sound is more like an "o" as in "go"

Page 36 of 46 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 45 46

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!