HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 37 of 46 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 45 46
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #184003
06/06/17 06:28 AM
06/06/17 06:28 AM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
Originally Posted By: His child
Originally Posted By: kland
His child, I have completely shattered the foundation of your so called prophecy. You are left holding the fragments and yet you see no problem.
On the contrary. You have settled in your mind that truth that you refuse to see and accept is a lie. As you continue to explain away what you cannot understand, you will make it more difficult for yourself to grow in a knowledge of truth.

The blessing for me is to understand the frailty of human language to express thoughts that are worthy of consideration. My dyslexia often (though imperceptible to me at the time) makes sharing my understanding of an issue the more difficult. When I go back to my own statements after letting them set, I often see how poorly I expressed myself and how I set up myself to be misunderstood.
We all do that sometimes with our posting. It is of interest though that you do not see the error of your "prophecy" "predictions" or whatever you are calling them. Your posts do not provide us with evidence that your time-setting dogmas are correct. Dismissing this concern by saying that we do not "understand" makes no Biblical sense. It would be more helpful if you simply provided a more solid Biblical structure to some of the names you claim are represented in the Bible. Those names of US presidents simply are not there. Its really that simple. The most popular name in all Bible prophecy is Jesus, and yet I see very little mention of Him in your "prophetic dogmas."
Quote:
Shall we not be intensely interested in the lessons of Christ? Shall we not be charmed with the new and glorious light of heavenly truth? This light is above everything that man can present. We can receive light only as we come to the cross and present ourselves at the altar of sacrifice. Here man's weakness is made manifest; here his strength is revealed. Here men see there is power in Christ to save to the uttermost all that come unto God by him. {CE 81.2}

Quote:
We can see in the cross of Calvary what it has cost the Son of God to bring salvation to a fallen race. As the sacrifice in behalf of man was complete, so the restoration of man from the defilement of sin must be thorough and complete. The law of God has been given to us, that we may have rules to govern our conduct. There is no act of wickedness that the law will excuse; there is no unrighteousness that will escape its condemnation. The life of Christ is a perfect fulfillment of every precept of this law. He says, "I have kept my Father's commandments." [John 15:10.] The knowledge of the law would condemn the sinner, and crush hope from his breast, if he did not see Jesus as his substitute and surety, ready to pardon his transgression, and to forgive his sin. When, through faith in Jesus Christ, man does according to the very best of his ability, and seeks to keep the way of the Lord by obedience to the ten commandments, the perfection of Christ is imputed to cover the transgression of the repentant and obedient soul. {CE 112.2}

"The worst foes of my spiritual life have never been hostile circumstance."

"There is always a little bit of light" (Micah 7:8)
https://www.lightintheclouds.net/word

Sincerely, IN Christ; and THROUGH The Spirit

- The Wanderer
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #184032
06/07/17 05:14 PM
06/07/17 05:14 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
His child, maybe it's your dyslexia. Maybe it's something else.

The request was: In fact, try to find a native born Greek person to say that omega even looks like a "w".

You responded: She wrote an upside down horseshoe for the uppercase omega and a "W" for the lowercase omega.

That is not "saying". She did not "say". Did you not understand that I wasn't asking for your opinion of what it looked like since you have already given that.

You falsely concluded. It was your opinion of what it looked like to you. I don't think the capital looks like an upside down horseshoe. Maybe it's right side up. Or it doesn't look like a horseshoe at all. Maybe it looks like an upside down "U". It's only your opinion. Maybe someone else thinks it looks like a bird flying. And then proceeds to list all presidents who have a "b" in their name. And start numbering them when air-force one came into effect...

Look at the Greek alphabet.
Notice that phi and psi look a lot like a "w", also.

To make a basis of your "prophecy" on such an easily disproved fallacy of one's opinion of what letters of one language looks like in another language is only to make yourself a look like a

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #184034
06/07/17 09:08 PM
06/07/17 09:08 PM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
And here I thought the Bible says the following about prophecy:
Quote:
IIPeter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

How much more of a "private interpretation" can we come up with than a guess as to what the letters of the Greek alphabet resemble in the English alphabet? Thus, a Russian reader would say something far far different than a person who reads English would say. HC, you have gone off the deep end, as you have abandoned all Biblical rules of interpretation and are simply making things up as you go. That, is "private interpretation".

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: ] #184059
06/10/17 01:47 AM
06/10/17 01:47 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Gary K
Quote:
IIPeter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

How much more of a "private interpretation" can we come up with than a guess as to what the letters of the Greek alphabet resemble in the English alphabet? Thus, a Russian reader would say something far far different than a person who reads English would say. HC, you have gone off the deep end, as you have abandoned all Biblical rules of interpretation and are simply making things up as you go. That, is "private interpretation".

During a Sabbath class one of the students showed us from a Greek/English Bible that the word private in that passage is from the Greek idios from which the word idiotic is derived.

All Biblical interpretations apart from God are idiotic/private interpretations.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #184074
06/11/17 07:57 AM
06/11/17 07:57 AM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
Quote:

During a Sabbath class one of the students showed us from a Greek/English Bible that the word private in that passage is from the Greek idios from which the word idiotic is derived.

All Biblical interpretations apart from God are idiotic/private interpretations.

And what do you call an interpretation based upon your guesses as to what a letter of the Greek alphabet looks like?

As to the truth of what you say you were told, well, it is a falsehood. http://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/greek/nas/idios.html

And here is Strong's interpretation of idios:
Quote:
2398 idios id'-ee-os of uncertain affinity; pertaining to self, i.e. one's own; by implication, private or separate:--X his acquaintance, when they were alone, apart, aside, due, his (own, proper, several), home, (her, our, thine, your) own (business), private(-ly), proper, severally, their (own).

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #184092
06/12/17 12:52 PM
06/12/17 12:52 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Well, the word "idios" kind of looks like idiot, at least in the opinion of one private interpretation. wink

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: kland] #184097
06/12/17 11:58 PM
06/12/17 11:58 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Well, the word "idios" kind of looks like idiot, at least in the opinion of one private interpretation. wink

There is the story of the "prayed for pastor."

A parishioner told his pastor that he had stopped praying for him. The pastor asked why. The parishioner replied, "I prayed for a lady and she died."

The pastor had a belly laugh at the reasoning and said, "I want you to pray for me anyway."

Reluctantly the parishioner agreed. And soon after that the pastor went on a mission trip where he collapsed and died.

That pastor (in his early 40's) laughed at the thought that someone would not pray for him for fear that it would bring him harm.

The parishioner had never asked for anything but good for the pastor, but he did recite highlights from the pastors sermons to God in prayer and prayed that the Lord correct his errors or move him along and send another pastor.

Unbeknownst to the parishioner, the lady's prayer group at that church was also praying for a new pastor. And it was at the end of their season of prayer that the news had arrived that their pastor had died.

This pastor had laughed at the idiotic idea of withholding prayer for him because it might do him harm. Perhaps in that case, the idios was in the eye of the beholder?

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #184118
06/13/17 08:23 PM
06/13/17 08:23 PM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa

There is the story of the "prayed for pastor."

A parishioner told his pastor that he had stopped praying for him. The pastor asked why. The parishioner replied, "I prayed for a lady and she died."

The pastor had a belly laugh at the reasoning and said, "I want you to pray for me anyway."

Reluctantly the parishioner agreed. And soon after that the pastor went on a mission trip where he collapsed and died.

That pastor (in his early 40's) laughed at the thought that someone would not pray for him for fear that it would bring him harm.

The parishioner had never asked for anything but good for the pastor, but he did recite highlights from the pastors sermons to God in prayer and prayed that the Lord correct his errors or move him along and send another pastor.

Unbeknownst to the parishioner, the lady's prayer group at that church was also praying for a new pastor. And it was at the end of their season of prayer that the news had arrived that their pastor had died.

This pastor had laughed at the idiotic idea of withholding prayer for him because it might do him harm. Perhaps in that case, the idios was in the eye of the beholder?

That is the "lesson" that you draw from this obviously apochryphal story? Really? God kills a man so that the parishioners of his church might have a new pastor? It couldn't have anything to do with just the plain old consequences of sin that the man died of a heart attack? It has to be that a couple of parishioners had asked for a new pastor?

Wow. What an image of God.

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: ] #184122
06/14/17 11:37 AM
06/14/17 11:37 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA

That is the "lesson" that you draw from this obviously apochryphal story? Really? God kills a man so that the parishioners of his church might have a new pastor? It couldn't have anything to do with just the plain old consequences of sin that the man died of a heart attack? It has to be that a couple of parishioners had asked for a new pastor?

Wow. What an image of God.

1Pe 4:17 "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?"

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: His child] #184129
06/15/17 12:16 AM
06/15/17 12:16 AM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa

1Pe 4:17 "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?"

Let's look at your reasoning here.

Reality of story:

1. Man prays for a blessing for a woman and she dies. No known connection between prayer and death.
2. Man disagrees with pastor's theology and asks God to move him out of the church.
3. Man afraid to pray for pastor because of unknown connection between his request for a blessing for someone and their death.
3. Woman prays, unknown to man, that a new pastor be sent.
4. Unknown if pastor's theology was good or bad.
5. Unknown if man's theology was good or bad.
6. Unknown reason for woman asking for new pastor. Maybe a valid reason for asking for new pastor, or maybe just hard feelings on her part because she disagreed with pastor.

What assumptions have you made where there is no evidence in the story to support your assumption?

1. Pastor in wrong.
2. Woman parishioner in right.
3. Pastor has wrong theology.
4. Male parishioner has correct theology.
5. Male parishioner correct in his assumption that his prayers previously killed woman when he was asking good things from God for her.
6. God kills pastor because he is in the wrong.
7. Bad things only happen to bad people.

You need most or all of those assumptions to attribute pastor's death to God's judgment.

I'd say your logic and reasoning are extremely shaky. It looks to me as if you assume things and then because the thoughts have occurred to you in your mind they must be true. That's a bad way to go about deciding what is true and what isn't. For your own sake, please start to reason things through and ask yourself if the first idea that comes into your head must be true.

This is the same type of reasoning you have displayed in your assumptions about what Greek alphabet letters look like, so it isn't the first time you have done this. Seems to be a pattern here from all that I have read from your posts over the last few months. First guess is wrong, so I'll guess again. Second guess is wrong so I'll guess again, and so on.

Please start to use your reasoning powers. That's why God gave them to you.

Last edited by Gary K; 06/15/17 12:21 AM.
Page 37 of 46 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 45 46

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!