HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,593
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (ProdigalOne, dedication, TruthinTypes, Kevin H, 2 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 34 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 33 34
Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: His child] #183478
04/26/17 09:54 PM
04/26/17 09:54 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: His child
Then you physics instructor knows more than a professional Social worker
Yeah, I would agree with that.

Why are you against what my physics instructor said? Are you actually saying that it's a double-u?

Exactly confirm what? From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega
The word literally means "great O"
The letter omega is transcribed ō or simply o.

http://www.kunstsprachen.de/lgc.html
Where's our "W" located? Where's the Omega located? Not together. Why?

Don't suppose that makes any difference. The clinging to a thought even in the face of error being pointed out. I do realize that throws a wrench in your ideas. And maybe messes up your upcoming book.

But..... You need to face the facts. Don't try to change them to fit your ideas.

Incidental support:
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006010700190
What is the Greek letter for W?
Best Answer: The Latin alphabet (what we use in English) and the Greek alphabet do not have the same number of letters, so you can't match them up one-to-one like this. The lowercase of the Greek letter Omega physically resembles a 'w', but this might be a coincidence. Also of note, the ancient (and archaic) letter Digamma resembles 'w' insofar that it looks like the combination of two letters ('di' means 'double'; so Digamma looks like 'two Gammas') Our letter 'w' resembles a 'double U'. Not sure if this helps. Trying doing a Wikipedia search for the term 'Alphabet' and go from there.

"Shortcomings"? Ooops. wink

Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: kland] #183481
04/26/17 10:11 PM
04/26/17 10:11 PM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
Originally Posted By: kland

Don't suppose that makes any difference. The clinging to a thought even in the face of error being pointed out. I do realize that throws a wrench in your ideas. And maybe messes up your upcoming book.

"Shortcomings"? Ooops. wink
Bingo!

"The worst foes of my spiritual life have never been hostile circumstance."

"There is always a little bit of light" (Micah 7:8)
https://www.lightintheclouds.net/word

Sincerely, IN Christ; and THROUGH The Spirit

- The Wanderer
Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: kland] #183539
05/05/17 02:46 AM
05/05/17 02:46 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA

But..... You need to face the facts. Don't try to change them to fit your ideas.

Talk about trying to change the facts to disprove truth that you refuse to believe:

Quote:
Alpha (uppercase Α, lowercase α; Greek: Άλφα Álpha) is the first letter of the Greek alphabet. In the system of Greek numerals it has a value of 1. It was derived from the Phoenician and Hebrew letter aleph - an ox or leader. Letters that arose from alpha include the Latin A and the Cyrillic letter А. (Alpha - Wikipedia)

Quote:
Omega (capital: Ω, lowercase: ω; Greek Ωμέγα) is the 24th and last letter of the Greek alphabet. In the Greek numeric system, it has a value of 800. The word literally means "great O" (ō mega, mega meaning "great"), as opposed to omicron, which means "little O" (o mikron, micron meaning "little"). (Omega - Wikipedia)

And of course the forum is not set up to post the exact Greek symbols when I hit the post function they will likely be changed so you will have to go to Wikipedia to see the A and the W. Like the column below that is straight in the draft but anything but in the preview.

But the Greek confirms the point that my study made that you are trying in vain to obliterate with your much posting.

Jesus is the Alpha (A) and Omega (W)
His parable of the 11th hour states that the Alpha (A) will be last and the Omega (W) will be first. The 11th hour is the hour before the 12 hour. The Bridegroom comes at midnight (the twelfth hour). (And FYI no matter what time it is when Jesus comes it will be midnight somewhere on earth.)

The study of Heaven's explanation of the earth KINGS in Daniel 7 identifies the American Presidents:

Ronald Wilson Reagan
George Herbert Walker Bush
William Jefferson Clinton
George Walker Bush

Barack Hussein Obama

The Alpha (A) is last and the Omega (W) is first sequentially in the first four Presidents identified above. And when George Walker Bush & Barack Hussein Obama are viewed as though they are one (like pagan and papal Rome were as one in Daniel 7) the sequencing is according to the parable (George Walker Bush has the Omega (W) & Barack Hussein Obama ends with the Alpha (A) as it is written THE FIRST SHALL BE LAST.

The major thing that my study has not completely understood as yet is the appearance of President Trump.

He does not have an Alpha or an Omega. So I do not see him as being the second little horn on the American beast in Revelation 13, which could be the case if its first little horn were Bush II and Obama as though they were one. But in view of Daniel 8 Obama is the one that makes himself wax great. Thus with all things considered it looks like Trump has been placed in office to enact political chaos that Obama would not do.

Thus Trump is a closer that cannot be in office past 1 January 2018. I had first thought and told mountain man on this forum over a year ago about 19 January 2018, but I am inclined to think that 1 January 2018 is more accurate. If Trump should continue past 20 January 2018, I will be very surprised.

And of course we have the number 666 that aligns with the papacy and the image beast (for the image beast to be an image of the beast it has to have its number). You know how to count it for the papacy. And the number of the letters in his name (America's Presidents) end with Obama when the count is begun with Monroe:

James Monroe----------------------------11
John Quincy Adams-----------------------15
Andrew Jackson II-----------------------13
Martin Van Buren------------------------14
William Henry Harrison------------------20
John Tyler II---------------------------11
James Knox Polk-------------------------13
Zachary Taylor--------------------------13
Millard Fillmore------------------------15
Franklin Pierce-------------------------14
James Buchanan II-----------------------15
Abraham Lincoln-------------------------14
Andrew Johnson--------------------------13
Ulysses Simpson Grant-------------------19
Rutherford Birchard Hayes---------------23
James Abram Garfield--------------------18
Chester Alan Arthur---------------------17
Stephen Grover Cleveland----------------22
Benjamin Harrison-----------------------16
William McKinley II---------------------17
Theodore Roosevelt II-------------------19
William Howard Taft---------------------17
Woodrow Wilson--------------------------13
Warren Gamaliel Harding-----------------21
Calvin Coolidge-------------------------14
Herbert Clark Hoover--------------------18
Franklin Delano Roosevelt---------------23
Harry S. Truman-------------------------12
Dwight David Eisenhower-----------------21
John Fitzgerald Kennedy-----------------21
Lyndon Baines Johnson-------------------19
Richard Milhous Nixon-------------------19
Gerald Rudolph Ford II------------------19
James Earl Carter II--------------------17
Ronald Wilson Reagan--------------------18
George Herbert Walker Bush--------------23
William Jefferson Clinton---------------23
George Walker Bush----------------------16
Barack Hussein Obama II---------------20

And then when you scoff at this evidence, because you do not have a clue why the count should start with Monroe. Then I could share with you several things that my study has discovered that you would most like trample in the mire like pearls of great value that are viewed as worthless pebbles.

The wise will hear a matter before they pass judgment on it. But the preponderance of evidence will not help anyone on their journey to Heaven for it is written along this line---Not by might or by power but by My Spirit saith the LORD.

I don;t see any thing to be gained by wasting time telling you something that you will continue to reject when that time could be used more productively in other fields.

The Lord is sealing His people in the Present Truth for this day.

Last edited by Daryl; 05/12/17 09:21 PM. Reason: Also fixed this one.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: His child] #183541
05/05/17 09:29 AM
05/05/17 09:29 AM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta

1/ (And FYI no matter what time it is when Jesus comes it will be midnight somewhere on earth.)

2/ The study of Heaven's explanation of the earth KINGS in Daniel 7 identifies the American Presidents:
3/The major thing that my study has not completely understood as yet is the appearance of President Trump.

4/ He does not have an Alpha or an Omega. So I do not see him as being the second little horn on the American beast in Revelation 13, which could be the case if its first little horn were Bush II and Obama as though they were one. But in view of Daniel 8 Obama is the one that makes himself wax great. Thus with all things considered it looks like Trump has been placed in office to enact political chaos that Obama would not do.

5/ Thus Trump is a closer that cannot be in office past 1 January 2018. I had first thought and told mountain man on this forum over a year ago about 19 January 2018, but I am inclined to think that 1 January 2018 is more accurate. If Trump should continue past 20 January 2018, I will be very surprised.

6/ And of course we have the number 666 that aligns with the papacy and the image beast (for the image beast to be an image of the beast it has to have its number). You know how to count it for the papacy. And the number of the letters in his name (America's Presidents) end with Obama when the count is begun with Monroe:

7/ And then when you scoff at this evidence, because you do not have a clue why the count should start with Monroe. Then I could share with you several things that my study has discovered that you would most like trample in the mire like pearls of great value that are viewed as worthless pebbles.

8/ The wise will hear a matter before they pass judgment on it. But the preponderance of evidence will not help anyone on their journey to Heaven for it is written along this line---Not by might or by power but by My Spirit saith the LORD.

9/ I don;t see any thing to be gained by wasting time telling you something that you will continue to reject when that time could be used more productively in other fields.

10/The Lord is sealing His people in the Present Truth for this day.

Item 10 is a fair enough comment, barely. but the worst of it is that that comment is very misleading for it simply proves nothing about anything, and to add more to the pile of mistakes, in this post, there is not one Scripture to prove any of these names, or for anything else.

Also, we are not "sealed with present truth," we are sealed by The Spirit:

2Co_1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Eph_1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Eph_4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

I will comment on numbers 1-9 in a future post

- The Wanderer
Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: The Wanderer] #183542
05/05/17 11:56 AM
05/05/17 11:56 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: The Wanderer

Notice how you changed my words and replied to what you thought I said rather than what I actually said.

Quote:
"The Lord is sealing His people in the Present Truth for this day."

how a little word changes the context and the meaning. Judging from your response, it is not possible to to reply further because I know what I wrote and what I meant but who knows what you read or what you think it means.

As long as folks read things that I do not say into what I say, they will miss the blessing. Could that be what Jesus was talking about when He spoke of some folks having ears but hearing not?

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: His child] #183543
05/05/17 09:10 PM
05/05/17 09:10 PM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta

Notice how you changed my words and replied to what you thought I said rather than what I actually said.

Quote:

how a little word changes the context and the meaning. Judging from your response, it is not possible to to reply further because I know what I wrote and what I meant but who knows what you read or what you think it means.

As long as folks read things that I do not say into what I say, they will miss the blessing. Could that be what Jesus was talking about when He spoke of some folks having ears but hearing not?
Its amazing how your posts here are twisting small nuances and variants into great and all-prevailing doctrine. The Bible is pretty clear:

"Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity." (2 Tim 2:19)

- The Wanderer
Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: The Wanderer] #183545
05/06/17 02:26 AM
05/06/17 02:26 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada

Quote:

Its amazing how your posts here are twisting small nuances and variants into great and all-prevailing doctrine. The Bible is pretty clear:

"Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity." (2 Tim 2:19)

"His Child" interprets the prophecy of kings based on two foundations important to him:

1. The Angel of God said the kings will arise out of "the earth", and
  2. Ellen White said "the earth" represented the USA.

Putting two and two together, or rather one and one, he arrived at the rather startling discovery that the horns and heads must represent US presidents. And so he has gone looking diligently for the slightest of excuses to see any fulfillment of prophecy in them.

If you understand this, you are well on your way to discussing the matter with him; but first, you will have to show him good reason how and why Ellen White was VERY wrong.

///

Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: His child] #183546
05/06/17 02:32 AM
05/06/17 02:32 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada

Talk about trying to change the facts to disprove truth that you refuse to believe:

Quote:
Alpha (uppercase Α, lowercase α; Greek: Άλφα Álpha) is the first letter of the Greek alphabet. In the system of Greek numerals it has a value of 1. It was derived from the Phoenician and Hebrew letter aleph - an ox or leader. Letters that arose from alpha include the Latin A and the Cyrillic letter А. (Alpha - Wikipedia)

Quote:
Omega (capital: Ω, lowercase: ω; Greek Ωμέγα) is the 24th and last letter of the Greek alphabet. In the Greek numeric system, it has a value of 800. The word literally means "great O" (ō mega, mega meaning "great"), as opposed to omicron, which means "little O" (o mikron, micron meaning "little"). (Omega - Wikipedia)

And of course the forum is not set up to post the exact Greek symbols when I hit the post function they will likely be changed so you will have to go to Wikipedia to see the A and the W. Like the column below that is straight in the draft but anything but in the preview.

But the Greek confirms the point that my study made that you are trying in vain to obliterate with your much posting.

Jesus is the Alpha (A) and Omega (W)
His parable of the 11th hour states that the Alpha (A) will be last and the Omega (W) will be first. The 11th hour is the hour before the 12 hour. The Bridegroom comes at midnight (the twelfth hour). (And FYI no matter what time it is when Jesus comes it will be midnight somewhere on earth.)

The study of Heaven's explanation of the earth KINGS in Daniel 7 identifies the American Presidents:

Ronald Wilson Reagan
George Herbert Walker Bush
William Jefferson Clinton
George Walker Bush

Barack Hussein Obama

The Alpha (A) is last and the Omega (W) is first sequentially in the first four Presidents identified above. And when George Walker Bush & Barack Hussein Obama are viewed as though they are one (like pagan and papal Rome were as one in Daniel 7) the sequencing is according to the parable (George Walker Bush has the Omega (W) & Barack Hussein Obama ends with the Alpha (A) as it is written THE FIRST SHALL BE LAST.

The major thing that my study has not completely understood as yet is the appearance of President Trump.

He does not have an Alpha or an Omega. So I do not see him as being the second little horn on the American beast in Revelation 13, which could be the case if its first little horn were Bush II and Obama as though they were one. But in view of Daniel 8 Obama is the one that makes himself wax great. Thus with all things considered it looks like Trump has been placed in office to enact political chaos that Obama would not do.

Thus Trump is a closer that cannot be in office past 1 January 2018. I had first thought and told mountain man on this forum over a year ago about 19 January 2018, but I am inclined to think that 1 January 2018 is more accurate. If Trump should continue past 20 January 2018, I will be very surprised.

And of course we have the number 666 that aligns with the papacy and the image beast (for the image beast to be an image of the beast it has to have its number). You know how to count it for the papacy. And the number of the letters in his name (America's Presidents) end with Obama when the count is begun with Monroe:

And then when you scoff at this evidence, because you do not have a clue why the count should start with Monroe. Then I could share with you several things that my study has discovered that you would most like trample in the mire like pearls of great value that are viewed as worthless pebbles.

The wise will hear a matter before they pass judgment on it. But the preponderance of evidence will not help anyone on their journey to Heaven for it is written along this line---Not by might or by power but by My Spirit saith the LORD.

I don;t see any thing to be gained by wasting time telling you something that you will continue to reject when that time could be used more productively in other fields.

The Lord is sealing His people in the Present Truth for this day.

You and Karen Y. should have a thread devoted to the two of you so that each of you can expound on your prophetic ideas and perverse opinions. Here is the link to her prophesying: Seven Trumpets reconsidered.

///

Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: James Peterson] #183548
05/06/17 11:29 AM
05/06/17 11:29 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: James Peterson

"His Child" interprets the prophecy of kings based on two foundations important to him:

1. The Angel of God said the kings will arise out of "the earth", and
  2. Ellen White said "the earth" represented the USA.

Putting two and two together, or rather one and one, he arrived at the rather startling discovery that the horns and heads must represent US presidents. And so he has gone looking diligently for the slightest of excuses to see any fulfillment of prophecy in them.

If you understand this, you are well on your way to discussing the matter with him; but first, you will have to show him good reason how and why Ellen White was VERY wrong.

///

James,

Your summary was spot on and concise.

But regarding your second point: There is a discussion about rejecting EGW in progress "Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold" on one of maritime's forums. Some of the very people who are praising EGW there are the very ones who reject the linking of scripture with Spirit of Prophecy that you summarized so well here.

Isaiah 8:20 sums it up.

Re: Daniel 9 and the 144,000 [Re: James Peterson] #183549
05/06/17 11:51 AM
05/06/17 11:51 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: James Peterson

You and Karen Y. should have a thread devoted to the two of you so that each of you can expound on your prophetic ideas and perverse opinions. Here is the link to her prophesying: Seven Trumpets reconsidered.

///

Kland and Karen threads?

I already started a thread that no one follows: Facts or fallacy in Daniel?

It is difficult to distinguish truth from error. When a little truth is put in the presentation it makes the error more palatable.

Jobs friends spoke a lot of things that were TRUE, But they judged Job wrongly and misapplied truth. We all are in danger of doing those things.

Have you thought of a name for your thread yet?

Page 9 of 34 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 33 34

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Israel/Hamas Support and the Image of the Beast
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 11:21 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 10:58 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!