HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,795 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 59 of 95 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 94 95
Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: James Peterson] #183868
05/29/17 07:21 PM
05/29/17 07:21 PM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
Originally Posted By: James Peterson
There are only two distinct worldwide groups that exist on earth: the Church of Jesus Christ (the TRUE Spirit of Prophecy) VS the Unbelievers (Muslims, Atheists, etc). These two contending forces are inevitably headed for a clash, for one upholds the Gospel truth while the other the opposes it.

Interesting.
Did you develop this viewpoint? If so, what led you to it?

"Our vision is often more obstructed by what we think we know than by our lack of knowledge." K. Stendahl
Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #183967
06/04/17 05:15 PM
06/04/17 05:15 PM
K
Karen Y  Online Content OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

Michigan, US
Apostle John said that he was in the isle of Patmos for the testimony of Jesus (Rev. 1:9). The angel who talked with John said he is our fellowservant and brother who has the testimony of Jesus (Rev. 19:10).

The Scripture says the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy (Rev. 19:10). Knowing that John and the angel had the testimony of Jesus, they had the spirit of prophecy even at that time of the vision—2,000 years ago. Thus the spirit of prophecy is not only limited to EG White's writings but they are the part of the spirit of prophecy. I believe her writings have the gift of prophecy, which God has given to the last generation. And I am very grateful for that.

The Book of Revelation has full of the testimony of Jesus for the remnant church, which keeps the commandments of God. I only know one worldwide church, SDA, which teaches to keep the commandments of God: and the only one worldwide church, the Papacy, that opposes God's commandments.

The Papacy eliminated the second commandment, replaced the fourth and split the tenth. The atheists or Moslem did not do this. In the testimony of Jesus, we are told to count the number of the beast: this is the wisdom (Rev. 13:18). We are not to speculate but according to the law and the testimony.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #184150
06/16/17 02:38 PM
06/16/17 02:38 PM
K
SDA
Active Member 2023

Michigan, US
The Book of Revelation tells us about the beast who makes war with saints. The beast with the seven heads are the counterpart for the seven churches. So the beast appears when the Child caught up to heaven (Rev. 12:4). After Jesus ascended to heaven, dragon —Satan— gave his power, and his seat, and great authority to the beast (Rev. 13:2).

The seven headed beast signifies that he plans to attack God's church with thinking mind. No body goes to war without planning ahead of time. So is the beast. He uses his head to attack church.

The fifth head was wounded at the Reformation era by the sword of God's Word (Rev. 13:14, 17:10). We are living at the seventh head period. The beast has a last chance to deceive the entire world. His mystery is not known to anyone except those who would hear the message from the one of the seven angels.

The angels said, "Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns" (Rev. 17:7).
Notice that the angel is one of the seven angels who received the seven trumpets and have the seven vials of the plagues also (Rev. 17:1)

The first head cannot be Babylonian empire, neither the next Assyria. The Book of Daniel does not have any seven heads: we should not include the counting of the old empires to the seven headed beast. In Revelation, the seven heads and the ten horns always presented together. The ten horns power exists until the end-time and have very close association with the seven headed beast (Rev. 17:12). And the harlot woman sits on the beast and controls the ten kings, who eventually will hate the whore, make her desolate and naked, and eat her flesh, and burn her with fire (Rev. 17:16).

"If any man have an ear, let him hear" (Rev. 13:9). The seven headed beast has past, present and future (Rev. 17:8, 10 and 11). The seven churches have past, present and future (Rev. 1:19). They parallel each other.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #184276
06/29/17 01:44 PM
06/29/17 01:44 PM
K
SDA
Active Member 2023

Michigan, US
The seventh head of the beast is going go into perdition very soon (Rev. 17:11). We are to rejoice "for God hath avenged you on her" because "in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth" (Rev. 18:20, 24).

The seven heads are seven mountains the harlot woman sits on and controls (Rev. 17:9). The harlot woman is one who drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus (Rev. 17:6). Do we know this mystery of the woman? Angel said, "wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman" (Rev. 17:7). She is made known to us in the Scripture. She is the woman who rides the seven-headed beast and ten horns.

Let us ask ourselves, was this woman drunk the blood of saints and the martyrs of Jesus in those ancient days of Babylon or Assyria? If woman represents church that Jesus established after the cross of Calvary, the harlot woman should represent the counterpart of the seven churches, not empires of old. Incidentally, the harlot woman is only being known to us when Revelation vision is given to John the apostle.

So the seven mountains represent oppressing powers of the apostate church, which ruled by the harlot woman during each church period. The seven mountains are also equalled to seven kings (Rev. 17:10). The one of the seven king is referred as an angel ascended from the bottomless pit (Rev. 11:7, 17:8). This angel is also known in Hebrew tongue, Abaddon—destroyer (Rev. 9:11). Thus the Scripture is telling us that the beast is the destroyer and what they are doing is the woe to the inhabiters of the earth.

We must make a certain sound of the trumpet to the world while Jesus is holding the horn of God's mercy in the most holy place of the heavenly sanctuary.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #184591
07/17/17 01:48 PM
07/17/17 01:48 PM
K
SDA
Active Member 2023

Michigan, US
Revelation Chapters 17-18 tell us about fall of the spiritual Babylon of the seventh head of the seven-headed beast and its auxiliary power of the eighth head which the both will go into perdition (Rev. 17:8,11).

We know that this same power is of the beast who received the power, the seat and authority from the dragon, Satan (Rev. 13:2).

It attacked the medieval church during 1,260 years (Rev. 11:2,3; 12:6,13:5) and was wounded in the fifth church period by the works of reformation (Rev. 13:12,14; 17:10).

This same identity is the one that ascended from the bottomless pit (Rev. 11:7, 17:8) and the world wonders after the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. The past, present and future are indicated in the seven-headed beast as well as the seven churches. Thus the seven-headed beast is the counterpart of the seven churches.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Nadi] #184604
07/17/17 04:16 PM
07/17/17 04:16 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Nadi
There are only two distinct worldwide groups that exist on earth: the Church of Jesus Christ (the TRUE Spirit of Prophecy) VS the Unbelievers (Muslims, Atheists, etc). These two contending forces are inevitably headed for a clash, for one upholds the Gospel truth while the other the opposes it.

Interesting.
Did you develop this viewpoint? If so, what led you to it?

John 3:16

"For God so loved the world that He gave His Only Begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

There are therefore only two groups:

1. those who believe (who have everlasting life)
2. those who don't (who will perish).

As I said, these two contending forces (Believers vs Unbelievers) are inevitably headed for a clash, for one upholds the Gospel truth while the other the opposes it.

///

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #184641
07/25/17 01:20 AM
07/25/17 01:20 AM
K
SDA
Active Member 2023

Michigan, US
The most documented prophetic period is 1,260 years-twice in Daniel and five times in Revelation. God repeats three times when things are important for us to understand-threefold woes, three unclean spirits, three angels message.

When God repeats things seven times, we must pay a closer attention. The one of the seven-head ruled during the Dark Ages and that beast will repeat the same wickedness at the end-time. The Book of Revelation mentions of the beast's past, present and future.

The third angel's message of 'do not receive the mark of the beast' is given to God's church. The last head of the seven-headed beast is going to enforce the mark of the beast to the saints of God in the end-time and we are living in the end time!

God is telling us the seven-headed beast is the one and the same power which oppresses God's church until the end.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: James Peterson] #184646
07/25/17 06:47 AM
07/25/17 06:47 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
It's true -- those who believe have everlasting life
those who refuse to believe will perish.
There will be only two groups.

However there is an important question--

To believe, what does it mean?
Is lip service of belief enough, or does belief go much deeper?

What is the true gospel we must believe in?

Yes, only Christ saves.
"There is salvation in NO other name by which we must be saved."

Yet what does it mean to be saved by Christ?
Saved from what --
Guilt? yes, only Christ can forgive our sins and take away the guilt. Justification is in Christ. But is there more?

Sin? Does believing (faith in Christ) include believing He means it when He says, "if we are willing" He can lift us out of our sins and cleanse us from all our unrighteousness.

James 2:19 You believe that there is one God; you do well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
2:20 But will you know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Matt. 7:21 Not every one that says unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven.

(The beast's claim it is above God's law
1st day tradition vs 7th day God asks us to remember)

Matt. 15:6 You made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
15:7 ...Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, saying,
15:8 This people draws nigh unto me with their mouth, and honours me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
15:9 In vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

How is true belief exhibited?

John 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
15:2 Every branch in me that bears not fruit he takes away: and every [branch] that bears fruit, he purges it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
15:5 I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abides in me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast [them] into the fire, and they are burned.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #184651
07/25/17 04:06 PM
07/25/17 04:06 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Karen Y
The most documented prophetic period is 1,260 years-twice in Daniel and five times in Revelation. God repeats three times when things are important for us to understand-threefold woes, three unclean spirits, three angels message.

When God repeats things seven times, we must pay a closer attention. The one of the seven-head ruled during the Dark Ages and that beast will repeat the same wickedness at the end-time. The Book of Revelation mentions of the beast's past, present and future.

The third angel's message of 'do not receive the mark of the beast' is given to God's church. The last head of the seven-headed beast is going to enforce the mark of the beast to the saints of God in the end-time and we are living in the end time!

God is telling us the seven-headed beast is the one and the same power which oppresses God's church until the end.

Well said!

And those are the UNBELIEVERS (Atheists, Muslims, Agnostics, Buddhists, anyone who does not believe in Christ).

But we are of those who believe, the World Body of Christians (Roman Catholics, Lutherans, Pentecostals, Evangelicals, SDA, Mormons, etc).

///

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: James Peterson] #184664
07/26/17 05:47 AM
07/26/17 05:47 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Karen Y

The one of the seven-head ruled during the Dark Ages and that beast will repeat the same wickedness at the end-time. The Book of Revelation mentions of the beast's past, present and future.

Well said!

And those are the UNBELIEVERS (Atheists, Muslims, Agnostics, Buddhists, anyone who does not believe in Christ).

But we are of those who believe, the World Body of Christians (Roman Catholics, Lutherans, Pentecostals, Evangelicals, SDA, Mormons, etc).

///

Muslims believe in Jesus.
As seen here

"Muslims respect and revere Jesus (peace be upon him). They consider him one of the greatest of God’s messengers to mankind. The Quran confirms his virgin birth,...During his prophetic mission, Jesus performed many miracles. God tells us that Jesus said: .. I heal the blind from birth and the leper. And I bring the dead to life by God’s permission. ..

So if a person just needs any kind of belief in Christ -- there's going to be quite a mixed multitude in heaven.

There's more to a "belief" that leads to salvation in Jesus.

Page 59 of 95 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 94 95

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!