HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 39 of 46 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 45 46
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: kland] #184191
06/20/17 03:41 PM
06/20/17 03:41 PM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
Originally Posted By: kland
I think Gary was suggesting a benefit of doubt. But not even doubtable evidence was presented.

You are right, and it has been done before, that the presenter would send the made up story to the news, the news blindly reports it, then the presenter gives the news story as supporting evidence. But not even that was done. Nothing. Nada.

But in this case, do you think that if there was a news story about a tornado destroying some houses and not others, it would at least be something which could be verified?

There is a condition, I forget the details but it was regarding Ron Wyatt, where someone wants something to be true so much, they dwell on it, and they actually believe/convince themselves things have happened, which actually didn't.

The condition is known as "wishful thinking". There may be a technical term for it but that describes it pretty well. Self-deceit would be another way of describing it.

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: The Wanderer] #184195
06/20/17 04:23 PM
06/20/17 04:23 PM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
Originally Posted By: The Wanderer
Originally Posted By: Gary K
Verifiable resources means posting links to known reliable resources. For me that is news sites, Gleaner, Review, etc.... If you can't post those types of resources, then your story is not verifiable.
I agree with all that you posted re HCs lack of evidence. But I do have a question about this statement you made. How do you "verify" a particular news site or other online resource as being reliable information? Do you actually trust The Gleaner % Review completely? I would also extend my asking of this question to Elle as she has also posted a lot from certain sites. How do we decide whats Propoganda, and what is actually "the news?"

So if the Gleaner, Signs, or Review posts a story about something that happens your first reaction is "I don't believe that"?

I don't agree with some of the theology being spread these days in SDA papers but I still have a presumption of honesty in the relating of facts when they present a news story related to SDAism.

As to the everyday news there are many resources that give different pictures on current events. After you find that some places have consistently lied about the facts and/or distorted the implications of the facts badly the trust a person has in them vanishes.

I read widely. I get my news from a lot of sources. I decide whether some .org is being truthful or not by the slant they consistently give. The media moaning about how terrible things are that people don't trust them just makes me laugh. People don't trust them because they have become so dishonest.

That said, when there is a news story about a tornado and I see the pictures of the destruction and the interviews of people who had their homes destroyed I believe it. There is no reason to lie about that kind of stuff. The stuff I really doubt is when it gets into politics and government, and the MSM mainly covers those things from an ideological slant. Then it takes a lot of research to find out who is lying and who is being honest.

Politicians like Pelosi, Schumer, Ryan, Obama, McConnell, McCain etc... I meet with a large dose of skepticism. The longer they have been in Washington the more skeptical I am of them. They have been lying to the public for so long they have a sense of entitlement about it. They think we are supposed to turn our minds off and just accept whatever they spout. I look at results, not what they say. And the results of what all of them have "accomplished" is worth than nothing. It's all negative.

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: ] #184200
06/20/17 10:49 PM
06/20/17 10:49 PM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta

So if the Gleaner, Signs, or Review posts a story about something that happens your first reaction is "I don't believe that"?

I don't agree with some of the theology being spread these days in SDA papers but I still have a presumption of honesty in the relating of facts when they present a news story related to SDAism.
It would be nice if all were as simple as you say it is with the media. let me give a brief example. There are posts I think in this thread, (or atleast somewhere on the forum) where there is talk about how Trump is fighting against pedophiles, and human trafficking, and supporting links to prove same. I believe the idea was to partially show how a certain globalism is taking place, and this article seemed like it was used to show why certain politicians, cops etc are being arrested, and a whole array of related facts to globalism/new economy or whatever it was. It is wrong for us to take such articles as truth and rely on them as indicators of whats really going on. In this case; I did my homework, and found other news links that accused Trump of being friends with a pedophile, and doing questionable activities with said friend. There simply isnt a way to reliably use "news" to indicate where we stand in Bible Prophecy. There is no way for the average person to delve into all the headlines we see, and to decide based on "the news" where we stand in Bible prophecy. I swear, there are more people watching the evening news and giving more energy to that, than they do with reading and studying their Bibles; and that is sad. because the One Source we have to know where we stand has now been almost fully over-shadowed with news. To ignore the fact that "the news" is largely propoganda or activism is to ignore where we really stand in prophecy's timeline because we choose the news over the Bible in many cases.

"The worst foes of my spiritual life have never been hostile circumstance."

"There is always a little bit of light" (Micah 7:8)
https://www.lightintheclouds.net/word

Sincerely, IN Christ; and THROUGH The Spirit

- The Wanderer
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: The Wanderer] #184224
06/25/17 04:46 AM
06/25/17 04:46 AM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
Originally Posted By: The Wanderer

It would be nice if all were as simple as you say it is with the media. let me give a brief example. There are posts I think in this thread, (or atleast somewhere on the forum) where there is talk about how Trump is fighting against pedophiles, and human trafficking, and supporting links to prove same. I believe the idea was to partially show how a certain globalism is taking place, and this article seemed like it was used to show why certain politicians, cops etc are being arrested, and a whole array of related facts to globalism/new economy or whatever it was. It is wrong for us to take such articles as truth and rely on them as indicators of whats really going on. In this case; I did my homework, and found other news links that accused Trump of being friends with a pedophile, and doing questionable activities with said friend. There simply isnt a way to reliably use "news" to indicate where we stand in Bible Prophecy. There is no way for the average person to delve into all the headlines we see, and to decide based on "the news" where we stand in Bible prophecy. I swear, there are more people watching the evening news and giving more energy to that, than they do with reading and studying their Bibles; and that is sad. because the One Source we have to know where we stand has now been almost fully over-shadowed with news. To ignore the fact that "the news" is largely propoganda or activism is to ignore where we really stand in prophecy's timeline because we choose the news over the Bible in many cases.

Wow. You mean you could actually find a negative story about Trump? Most of what is in the news about him is false, and I've seen you buying into stuff that is outright fake news. Trump is no more guilty of obstruction of justice than I am. He is also no more guilty of colluding with the Russians than I am. The Russia investigation has gone on for 7 months and what has anyone found? Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

You need to stop believing what you read in left-wing media. It is utterly biased and will not tell the truth unless forced to by other news sources who prove they are lying.

I was once friends--in high school--with a guy who became a famous mass murderer. He killed a bunch of women in the Portland, Or. area. I've known drug dealers, people who have killed people, thieves, liars, scam artists, etc.... So what if Trump knows someone who may be, or is, a pedophile? It doesn't mean he is. Most likely all of us have known someone who is a pedophile. They are pretty common. I had a friend in high school whose own father molested him. I knew a Bible teacher who molested a young girl. I know someone else who was molested by his own brother when he was a kid. Does that mean I am tainted by the sins of those molesters, thieves, killers, drug dealers, and scam artists?

As to Jeffrey Epstein, of course Trump knows him. He's a financier and Trump is a real estate developer. Is it any wonder that they know each other and have one another's phone numbers? Who knows how many business deals they have worked on together as their paths almost certainly cross in the small world of high finance.

Here's another guy who knows Epstein and has toured the world with him on Epstein's private jet. He even evaded his own security people to do it.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/13/fli...usly-known.html

Last edited by Gary K; 06/25/17 04:48 AM.
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: ] #184225
06/25/17 04:54 AM
06/25/17 04:54 AM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta

Wow. You mean you could actually find a negative story about Trump? Most of what is in the news about him is false, and I've seen you buying into stuff that is outright fake news.
You need to stop believing what you read in left-wing media. It is utterly biased and will not tell the truth unless forced to by other news sources who prove they are lying.
You apparently need to read my posts a little slower and see what it is that I am actually saying. I will not "defend" myself against such things as your assumptions and accusations.

- The Wanderer
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #184501
07/13/17 10:41 AM
07/13/17 10:41 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
"For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints." 1Corinthians 14:33

I wonder, what (who) is the source of so many harsh feelings and misunderstandings on these forums? "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood..." Ephesians 6:12

Daily, it becomes clearer that we are in the very last days, a blind man could see it.
The swelling current of animosity we all feel within reflects the rising tide of sin without. We have been told repeatedly that the end would be a treacherous time,
that fear would set brother against brother.

For most of my life, I have fought a losing battle with fear. I know the anger and distrust, the confusion that fear engenders. My friends, by now we all must realize that we are teetering on the brink of the most terrifying epoch of earth's history: "Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth".
Luke 21:26

The voices of Babel grow,
As restless giants wander to and fro.
The seeds of violence flood our land,
Still, less and less, the Wicked understand.

With all my heart, I beseech you friends,
Be not defeated as I have been.
Raise your brother's trembling hands,
Together, shine all the Light you've seen!

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #184502
07/13/17 10:50 AM
07/13/17 10:50 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
I believe Mark began this thread with a quote from Sister White:

"I am now of the opinion that the Testimonies will not live among God’s people. They will be removed. I have some light on this point but cannot now give it. Said Christ, “I have many things to say unto you but ye cannot bear them now.” {Lt16-1875}"

She must have seen how terrible our days would be...

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: Charity] #184508
07/13/17 08:13 PM
07/13/17 08:13 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Any further information on that quote?

Testimonies not live among God's people.

God's people not have the testimonies, not live the testimonies, not have access to them?

They will be removed.
The testimonies, God's people?

Since it is "God's people", they won't have the testimonies for the last days, exempt from them, sanctified they live them without needing to read them?

Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: kland] #184518
07/14/17 04:37 AM
07/14/17 04:37 AM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
Originally Posted By: kland
Any further information on that quote?

Testimonies not live among God's people.

God's people not have the testimonies, not live the testimonies, not have access to them?

They will be removed.
The testimonies, God's people?

Since it is "God's people", they won't have the testimonies for the last days, exempt from them, sanctified they live them without needing to read them?
Here are a few passages that deal with the topic at hand:

1/ When finite, erring human beings give evidence that they
regard themselves as of greater importance than God, when they think themselves righteous, yet do not manifest the tenderness
of spirit that characterized the life of our Lord Jesus, we may know that unless they repent, the candlestick will quickly be removed out of its place.—Manuscript 7, 1895 (Testimonies to Ministers, pp. 354-356). {CTr 152.5}

2/ The atmosphere of the church is so frigid, its spirit is of
such an order, that men and women cannot sustain or endure the
example of primitive and heaven-born piety. The warmth oftheir first love is frozen up, and unless they are watered over by the baptism of the Holy Spirit, their candlestick will be removed out of its place, except they repent and do their first works. The first works of the church were seen when the believers sought out friends, relatives, and acquaintances,and with hearts overflowing with love, told the story of what Jesus was to them and what they were to Jesus.--Testimonies to Ministers, pp. 167, 168. {WM 99.3}

3/ The word of the Lord comes to us all who have not resisted
His Spirit by determining not to hear and obey. This voice is
heard in warnings, in counsels, in reproof. It is the Lord's
message of light to His people. If we wait for louder calls,
or better opportunities, the light may be withdrawn, and we left in darkness."-- Testimonies for the Church, Volume 5, pp. 68,69. {9MR 205.1}

4/ If God's people were all connected with Him, they would
discern the limited capacities of these men, their prejudices,
envy, jealousy, and self-confidence. The objections which their wicked hearts may raise against the Testimonies of the Spirit of God, will not, in the providence of God, be removed They may stumble and fall upon questions of their own originating. But God's people should see that their proud
hearts have never been humbled, and their high looks have never been brought low. The Bible is clear upon all points
which relate to Christian duty. All who do the will of God shall know of the doctrine. But these persons are seeking
light from their own tapers and not from the Sun of
Righteousness. {4T 335.2}

Last edited by The Wanderer; 07/14/17 04:38 AM.

- The Wanderer
Re: Rejection of the Testimonies Foretold, Part 1 [Re: ProdigalOne] #184529
07/15/17 01:04 AM
07/15/17 01:04 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: ProdigalOne
"For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints." 1Corinthians 14:33

I wonder, what (who) is the source of so many harsh feelings and misunderstandings on these forums? "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood..." Ephesians 6:12

Daily, it becomes clearer that we are in the very last days, a blind man could see it.
The swelling current of animosity we all feel within reflects the rising tide of sin without. We have been told repeatedly that the end would be a treacherous time,
that fear would set brother against brother.

For most of my life, I have fought a losing battle with fear. I know the anger and distrust, the confusion that fear engenders. My friends, by now we all must realize that we are teetering on the brink of the most terrifying epoch of earth's history: "Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth".
Luke 21:26

The voices of Babel grow,
As restless giants wander to and fro.
The seeds of violence flood our land,
Still, less and less, the Wicked understand.

With all my heart, I beseech you friends,
Be not defeated as I have been.
Raise your brother's trembling hands,
Together, shine all the Light you've seen!

This is one of the best posts I've seen in the sixteen years I've been on here. An honest confession, a poignant appeal, and a few lines of inspired poetry. Thanks, I was blessed.

Page 39 of 46 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 45 46

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!