HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,566
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 11
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (ProdigalOne, 1 invisible), 2,815 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 22 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22
Re: Is the Investigative Judgement Biblical? [Re: Nadi] #184337
07/03/17 07:01 AM
07/03/17 07:01 AM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
Please forgive the formatting. Not sure how I did that. I copied it from a Notepad file. I do not have time to change it tonight, but it is readable smile

"The worst foes of my spiritual life have never been hostile circumstance."

"There is always a little bit of light" (Micah 7:8)
https://www.lightintheclouds.net/word

Sincerely, IN Christ; and THROUGH The Spirit

- The Wanderer
Re: Is the Investigative Judgement Biblical? [Re: The Wanderer] #184343
07/03/17 05:28 PM
07/03/17 05:28 PM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
Originally Posted By: The Wanderer
Please forgive the formatting. Not sure how I did that. I copied it from a Notepad file. I do not have time to change it tonight, but it is readable smile

Any time you copy and paste out of a text editor like Notepad you get the invisible "end of line" characters that many text editors place at the end of a line. What happens then is that pretty much all forum software reads those and it messes up the formatting as the line lengths are different in text editors than they are in the forum software.

Happens to me all the time when copying from a text editor. I know it and try to make sure I catch it by using the preview function, and it still slips by me sometimes.

The way to get past those end of line characters is to look at the preview and then go back into the editing box and delete the characters by deleting the spaces where the lines do not come through correctly. It can be a really time consuming process sometimes.

It also happens to me a lot when I use ocr software and then copy and paste the output of that into a post as the ocr software inserts a lot of hard end of lines.

Last edited by Gary K; 07/03/17 05:29 PM.
Re: Is the Investigative Judgement Biblical? [Re: ] #184345
07/03/17 06:45 PM
07/03/17 06:45 PM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
Originally Posted By: Gary K

It also happens to me a lot when I use ocr software and then copy and paste the output of that into a post as the ocr software inserts a lot of hard end of lines.
Thank you Gary, I appreciate the tip. I did try deleting spaces, but I think when I punctuated a few things with quote marks or hyphens, it interfered quite a bit with correcting the formatting. . I was out of internet time last night and could not take enough time to straighten it all out. smile PS What is "OCR Software?"

- The Wanderer
Re: Is the Investigative Judgement Biblical? [Re: The Wanderer] #184349
07/04/17 04:51 AM
07/04/17 04:51 AM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
ocr = optical character recognition

The vast majority of my reading material, approximately 2500 books, is in ebook format(mobi and epub), but my ebook reader will not allow me to copy and paste directly out of it. So, what I do is use screenshot software that takes a .jpg image of the portion of the screen I select and then imports it into a program called gimagereader. This software then takes the jpg image of the paragraph/s I need and reads/converts that picture of text into actual text. From that I copy and paste into whatever I am going to use the text for.

Re: Is the Investigative Judgement Biblical? [Re: Nadi] #184350
07/04/17 07:15 AM
07/04/17 07:15 AM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
Thanks Gary I am learning to set up a Linux box now. This will come in handy I have OCR software that you can scan a page of editable text into a Word file. I will be looking for Linux equivalency soon

- The Wanderer
Re: Is the Investigative Judgement Biblical? [Re: ] #184358
07/05/17 04:29 AM
07/05/17 04:29 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA

The vast majority of my reading material, approximately 2500 books, is in ebook format(mobi and epub), but my ebook reader will not allow me to copy and paste directly out of it. So, what I do is use screenshot software that takes a .jpg image of the portion of the screen I select and then imports it into a program called gimagereader. This software then takes the jpg image of the paragraph/s I need and reads/converts that picture of text into actual text. From that I copy and paste into whatever I am going to use the text for.

Since you are off topic and nobody cares, Try Calibre: https://calibre-ebook.com Then convert e-books to other formats if you wish.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Is the Investigative Judgement Biblical? [Re: APL] #184360
07/05/17 04:52 AM
07/05/17 04:52 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Yes, the last posts were off topic, but not unto something that will go on for any length of time.

Re: Is the Investigative Judgement Biblical? [Re: dedication] #184361
07/05/17 06:15 AM
07/05/17 06:15 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: dedication
Crosier and Edson's study continued

The daily service described was a sort of continual intercession; but the making of atonement was a special work for which special directions are given.

(The following are examples of the "daily" or "continual" service)

"Ex 29:36; " Thou shalt cleanse the altar when thou had made an atonement for it." -
Leviticus 12:8; "The priest shall make an atonement for her and she shall be clean."
Leviticus 14:2; "This shall be the law of the leper in the day of his cleansing."
verse 21; "The priest shall make an atonement for him and he shall be clean." The atonement could not be made for him till after he was healed of the leprosy,
(Leviticus 13:45,46. Till he was healed, he had to dwell alone without the camp.
Then Leviticus 14:3,4; "The priest shall go forth out of the camp; and the priest shall look, and behold if the plague of the leprosy be healed in the leper; then shall the priest command to take for him that is to be cleansed two birds alive and clean," etc. The law was the same in cleansing a house from the leprosy.
Verses 33-57. The stones affected with the plague were removed and the house "scraped within round about" and then repaired with new material.

Physical uncleanness is now all removed and we would call it clean; but not so; it is only just prepared to be cleansed according to the law.

Verse 48; "And he shall take to cleanse the house two birds" etc. Verse 49; "And he shall cleanse the house with the blood of the birds" etc.
Verses 52,53; "And made an atonement for the house, and it shall be clean."
Leviticus 16:18,19; "And he shall go out unto the altar that is before the Lord, and make an atonement for it." "And he shall sprinkle of the blood upon it with his finger seven times, and cleanse it and hallow it from the uncleanness of the children of Israel."
Leviticus 8:15; "Moses took the blood, and put it upon the horns of the altar round about with his fingers and purified the altar, and poured the blood at the bottom of the altar, and sanctified it, to make reconciliation upon it,"
2 Chronicles 29:29 [see 2 Chronicles 29:24].
"And they made reconciliation with their blood upon the altar, to make an atonement for all Israel,"
Jeremiah 33:8;
"I will cleanse them from all their iniquities," "and I will pardon all their iniquities."
Romans 5:9-11;
"Being now justified by his blood," "by whom we have now received the atonement,"
2 Corinthians 5:17-19; "Who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ."
Ephesians 2:16; "And that he might reconcile both unto God," Hebrews 9:13,14; "The blood of bulls sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh; but the blood of Christ shall purge our conscience from dead works." He is the Mediator for the "redemption of the transgressors [transgressions]," and to "perfect forever them that are sanctified," Hebrews 10:14; Ephesians 1:7; "In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our sins,"
Acts 3:19; "Be converted that your sins may be blotted out."

From these texts we learn that the words atone, cleanse, reconcile, purify, purge, pardon, sanctify, hallow, forgive, justify, redeem, blot out, and some others, are used to signify the same work, viz., bringing into favour with God; and in all cases blood is the means, and sometimes blood and water.

The atonement is the great idea of the Law, as well as the Gospel; and as the design of that of the Law was to teach us that of the Gospel, it is very important to be understood. The atonement which the priest made for the people in connection with their daily ministration was different from that made on the tenth day of the seventh month.

In making the former, they went no further than in the Holy; but to make the latter they entered the Holy of Holies - the former was made for individual cases, the latter for the whole nation of Israel collectively - the former was made for the forgiveness of sins, the latter for blotting them out - the former could be made at any time, the latter only on the tenth day of the seventh month. Hence the former may be called the daily atonement and the latter the yearly, or the former the individual, and the latter the national atonement.

The individual atonement for the forgiveness of sins was made for a single person, or for the whole congregation in case they were collectively guilty of some sin.
The 1st chapter of Leviticus gives directions for the burnt-offering, the 2nd for the meat [meal]-offering, the 3rd for the peace-offering, and the 4th for the sin-offering, which, as its name implies, was an offering for sins, in which he who offered it attained forgiveness of his sins.
The trespass-offering, Leviticus 5; 6:1-7, was similar to the sin-offering, "If a soul sin through ignorance," Leviticus 4:2, "when he knoweth of it, then shall he be guilty," Leviticus 5:3, "And it shall be when he shall be guilty in any of these things, that he shall confess that he hath sinned in that thing," verse 5.

It should be distinctly remembered that the priest did not begin his duties till he obtained the blood of the victim, and that they were all performed in the court (the enclosure of the Sanctuary), and that the atonement thus made was only for the forgiveness of sins.

These points are expressly taught in this chapter and the following one on the trespass-offering. Here is an atonement, to make in which the priests only entered the Holy Place, and to make it they could enter that apartment "always" or "daily."

So in the above quote -- the point is expressly made that there was a 'work of atonement, cleansing, forgiveness' done on a daily basis in the earthly temple service.
This daily service was always dependent upon the blood of the sacrifice.

Next Crosier and Edson's study looks at the Most Holy Service.

Quote:
" But into the second (the Holy of Holies) went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself and for the errors of the people," (Laos, nation).

The atonement which the priest made for the people in connection with their daily ministration was different from that made on the tenth day of the seventh month.

For what purpose and when could he enter the Most Holy?
"To make an atonement for all Israel, (the whole nation,) for all their sins once a year." "On the tenth day of the seventh month," verses 34,29.
This was the most important day of the year. The whole nation having had their sins previously forgiven by the atonement made in the Holy, now assemble about their Sanctuary, while the High Priest...enters the Holy of Holies to make an atonement to cleanse the sanctuary and to cleanse them, that they may be clean from all their sins before the Lord, verse 30.

The most holy place within the veil contained the ark of the covenant, covered with the mercy-seat, overshadowed by the cherubims, between which the Lord dwelt in the cloud of divine glory. Who would think of calling such a place unclean? Yet the Lord provided at the time, yea, before it was built, that it should be annually cleansed. It was by blood, and not by fire, that this Sanctuary, which was a type of the new covenant Sanctuary was cleansed.

This "iniquity of the Sanctuary" we have learned was not its own properly, but the children of Israel's iniquity, the iniquity of God's own people, which it had received from them. And this transfer of iniquity from the people to their Sanctuary was not a mere casualty, incident on scenes of lawless rebellion, bloodshed or idolatry among themselves, nor the devastation of an enemy; but it was according to the original arrangement and regular operation of the typical system.

Numbers 18:1. "And the Lord said unto Aaron, Thou, and thy sons, and thy father's house with thee shall bear the iniquity of the Sanctuary."

Moses was angry with Aaron the priest and his sons and reprimand them saying:

Leviticus 10:17-18 Wherefore have ye not eaten the sin offering in the holy place, seeing it is most holy, and God hath given it you to bear the iniquity of the congregation, to make atonement for them before the LORD?
Behold, the blood of it was not brought in within the holy place: ye should indeed have eaten it in the holy place, as I commanded.

Thus the priests bore the sins into the holy place, but at what point did he cease to bear the iniquity? Evidently when he had presented the victim slain; he had then done his part. Through what medium was iniquity conveyed to the Sanctuary? Through the victim, or its blood when the priest took and sprinkled it before the veil and on the altar. Thus the iniquity was communicated to their Sanctuary.

For we must bear in mind that all the instructions were given to Moses and Aaron before the erection of the Sanctuary.

The first thing done for the people on the tenth day of the seventh month was to cleanse the sanctuary, thence by the same means, the application of blood.

This done, the high priest bore the "iniquity of the Sanctuary" for the people "to make atonement for them," Leviticus 10:17. "And when he hath made an end of reconciling the holy place (within the veil, verse 2) and the tabernacle of the congregation and the altar (or when he hath cleansed the Sanctuary), he shall bring the live goat: And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions and all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness: And the goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities into a land not inhabited (margin, of separation)" Leviticus 16:20-22.

This was the only office of the scape-goat, to finally receive and bear away from Israel all their iniquities into an uninhabited wilderness, leaving Israel at their Sanctuary, and the priest to complete the atonement of the day.

The study is quite long and has been abbreviated but it shows the first steps in understanding the sanctuary doctrine.
The next part compares the earthly with Christ's ministry.

Re: Is the Investigative Judgement Biblical? [Re: APL] #184367
07/05/17 07:54 PM
07/05/17 07:54 PM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
Originally Posted By: APL

Since you are off topic and nobody cares, Try Calibre: https://calibre-ebook.com Then convert e-books to other formats if you wish.

I already have calibre installed and have been using it for quite a while. I prefer my ebooks in epub and mobi format for convenience sake and because I change the background color to green which is much easier on my eyes during long reading sessions than the white of a pdf file background. The necessity to use ocr software is something worked around quite easily. I also use it for scanned text out of paper books.

Re: Is the Investigative Judgement Biblical? [Re: ] #184389
07/07/17 05:59 AM
07/07/17 05:59 AM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
Originally Posted By: APL

I already have calibre installed and have been using it for quite a while. I prefer my ebooks in epub and mobi format for convenience sake and because I change the background color to green which is much easier on my eyes during long reading sessions than the white of a pdf file background. The necessity to use ocr software is something worked around quite easily. I also use it for scanned text out of paper books.
I see that it is "open source" software, so thats a good thing. smile

- The Wanderer
Page 13 of 22 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/11/24 12:20 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!