HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,596
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, 2 invisible), 2,974 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: The real covenant [Re: James Peterson] #184928
08/15/17 12:42 PM
08/15/17 12:42 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: James Peterson
Originally Posted By: APL
The Law is a transcript of God's character.

You got that from EGW, didn't you? It is not correct. God Himself spoke against Pharaoh saying, "For if by now I had put forth My hand and struck you and your people with pestilence, you would then have been cut off from the earth. But, indeed, for this reason I have allowed you to remain: in order to show you My power and in order to proclaim My name through all the earth."

God Himself proclaimed His NAME as it is written, "Then the LORD passed by in front of [Moses] and proclaimed, "The LORD, the LORD God, compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in lovingkindness and truth ..." (Exod. 34:6) As it is also written in Acts 2:21, "And it shall come to pass that whoever calls on the NAME of the Lord shall be saved.".

The NAME of God is synonymous with love, tender mercies, forgiveness, truth, justice, righteousness, in short, this: "but the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law." (Gal. 5:22) The people of God take up their cross and follow Christ. They wash their robe in His blood. As they were forgiven, so they forgive. "For by the deeds of the Law, no flesh shall be justified." Don't you know that?

///

And the Ten Commandments are a transcript of God's character! Nothing you wrote contradicted that!

Read Deut. 4:13 and 9:9-11. God's Ten Commandments written on stone by God's own finger is the covenant!

Re: The real covenant [Re: dedication] #184931
08/16/17 01:43 AM
08/16/17 01:43 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Sabbath and the “New Covenant”
The Sabbath is a sign of the ongoing dependence of human beings upon their Creator and His work. This was true during the old testament” period, and becomes even more meaningful with the “new covenant.”

The Sabbath wasn’t just a commandment.to stop regular labor and rest. According to Exodus 31:13, 17, the Sabbath was a sign of the covenant relationship with the Creator God, by which He sanctified those Who worshipped Him.
On the seventh day of Creation, God sanctified the Sabbath (Gen. 2:2, 3), He set aside the seventh-day for a holy purpose. Why would God set apart a definite recurring period of time?

Time is available to all, and all who observe this special time with their thoughts turned toward their Creator and Savior would be drawn to the love and goodness of their Creator and acknowledge their ongoing connection with Him. Because they would belong to God, who is intrinsically holy, they would gain holiness from Him.

Just as God set apart the seventh day and blessed it and made it holy, He desires to set us apart to bless us and make us a holy people. Thus, those who rest on the Sabbath in the true spirit of “resting in Christ” are acknowledging that it is the Lord who sanctifies.

Many seem to think that the difference between the “old testament” covenant and the “new covenant” is that back then God expected them to keep the “law”, but now we have “grace” and we don’t need to worry about the law anymore.
But that’s not the difference at all. God’s law was, is and will always be that which defines sin, and points us to righteousness in Christ. Rather, the problem has always been the failure to internalize God’s law, which results in disobedience, while the “new covenant” seeks to successfully internalization God’s law into the hearts and minds of God’s people. Sanctification is God working in us to make us holy.

Gen. 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Ez. 20:20 And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I am the LORD your God.

Ex.31:13 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that you may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.

Heb.10 :16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Re: The real covenant [Re: dedication] #184953
08/20/17 04:11 AM
08/20/17 04:11 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
The other day as I was driving home, I was listening to a Christian radio program. The speaker was talking about the Sabbath. I pricked my ears to listen.
He began in Genesis and explained Genesis 2:1-3 in beautiful terms. God at the close of his creation, rested on the Sabbath as we are to rest in Him. God put special blessings upon this day, blessing and making it holy.

He then moved on to Exodus, how God gave Israel the Sabbath as a special sign of their relationship.

I was thinking "Wow! This is great, hearing this protestant preacher talking about God's holy day!"

But then he moved to the New Testament -- and completely changed his thoughts, and even his voice!
The Sabbath has brought great controversy into the Christian church, he said, and no Christians have ever kept the seventh day, only the Jews kept it. You won't read of anyone except Jews keeping the Sabbath in scripture, he continued, -- the apostles went to the synagogues only because that's where the Jews were and they were to tell the Jews about Christ....

What a bunch of lies. How sad that ministers who claim to preach the gospel should so renounce the day that God blessed and made holy.

Well, the first part was true -- the Sabbath has caused great controversy in the Christian Church.
That controversy goes back hundreds of years, as the apostasy crept in shortly after the apostles all died. It was generated by some desiring to differentiate themselves from the Jews, especially after the Jews fell into great disfavor with the Roman government, then when Rome began to champion Christianity, Sunday was formulized by Constantine and the pope of that era. As the years rolled on Sunday was further enforced by laws and persecutions and forged letters sent from heaven. Yet there were small groups of Christians who continued to observe the Sabbath in spite of the opposition.

During the Reformation, the Sabbath was discovered, but rejected by the main reformers. There's a book written in 1657 by Thomas Tillam called "The Seventh-Day Sabbath Sought Out and Celebrated" in which he even identifies Sunday as the "mark of the beast"! There were groups keeping the Sabbath back then!

Finally as the three angels' messages began to sound, the Sabbath truth became well known -- but again rejected, this time the Christian world building huge walls to insulate themselves from the Sabbath truth -- even to nailing God's commandments to cross as no longer binding.

But what about the speakers other allegations.

Does the bible show Christians keeping the Sabbath?
Yes, it does.
Does it show them keeping Sunday?
No it does not.

There is one meeting in the evening of the 1st day -- which according to Bible reckoning was Saturday evening. And it was night as they had their lamps burning, and a young fellow sitting in a window fell asleep and crashed to pavement below.

The other verses they claim show Sunday verses concern the disciples hiding in the upper room on the days following the crucifixion. That was hardly what one would consider a "church service". They were frightened men, huddled together for "fear of the Jews".

Finally Paul's plan for offerings -- telling people to put money aside in their homes on the first day -- so it would be ready when he came. Again no "church service" here.

But we do have numerous church services on Saturday!
Yes, several were in Jewish synagogues, but at least two were elsewhere.

Acts 13:42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath.

Gentiles wanting Paul to come preach to them the next Sabbath!
Yet, Paul doesn't say -- wait tomorrow is Sunday the Gentiles Sabbath, I'll come tomorrow. No, that's not what happened.

Acts 13:44 And the next Sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.
13:45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy,

So on Sabbath almost all the Gentiles in that city came to worship!

In Philippi, there were no synagogues. There weren't even any Jewish leaders. Only some Gentile women that were meeting by a river.

Acts 16:13 And on the Sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where people often met for prayer; and we sat down, and spoke unto the women which had gathered there.

There is absolutely NO indication that Paul tried to change their day of worship. When people gathered for Sabbath worship, it was on Sabbath.

Sabbath is the day Jesus claimed.
He is Lord of the Sabbath Day, and He is the Lord we come to worship.

There's a different "lord" of Sunday.
Mithraism was rivaling Christianity in the centuries after Christ. Their special day was Sunday.

Dr. Gilbert Murray, M.A., D.Litt., LLD, FBA, Professor of Greek at Oxford University. He wrote:
Quote:
“Now since Mithras was the sun, the Unconquered, and the sun was the Royal Star, the religion looked for a king whom it could serve as a representative of Mithras upon earth. The Roman Emperor seemed to be clearly indicated as the true king. In sharp contrast to Christianity, Mithraism recognized Caesar as the bearer of divine grace. It had so much acceptance that it was able to impose on the Christian world its own sun-day in place of the Sabbath; its sun’s birthday, the 25th of December, as the birthday of Jesus.” History of Christianity in the Light of Modern Knowledge.

Re: The real covenant [Re: Alchemy] #184972
08/22/17 10:07 AM
08/22/17 10:07 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Even in the New Testament, Hebrews 9:4, the Bible uses the term "tables of the covenant".

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!