HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (2 invisible), 3,186 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Protestants renounce Protestantism [Re: Nadi] #184156
06/18/17 01:35 AM
06/18/17 01:35 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: Nadi
Originally Posted By: Gary K
You're making a mountain out of semantics as if Ellen White says A on any subject and the Bible says B about the same subject neither would support the other.

In my experience and opinion this is exactly what she does. So we disagree on this point.

Unfortunately, many SDAs go through extreme mental and theological contortions to force a (non-existent) "harmony" between Scripture and EGW. I used to do this until I realized that the thread of logic was so thin as to be absent. I then started to read and understand the Bible for what it actually said and not for what I was told it was saying.

This was enlightening, to say the least. You should try it.

This is how I have always treated the Bible and Ellen White's writings since I became a Christian. The Bible is the Supreme authority that everything is tested against, even Ellen White.

Well, Ellen White passed the Biblical test and continues to pass every time something questionable comes up! There aren't any mental gymnastics or anything like that involved!

There is a common problem when trying to explain the Bible to others. They are most often verbally inspired. People like to be able to simply read something and that's it! Even though that may work sometimes with the Bible, most often it will not.

Well, the Bible is thought inspired and must be studied to let the Bible explain itself. Then, and only then, can you get to the real truth of the Scriptures.

Re: Protestants renounce Protestantism [Re: dedication] #184157
06/18/17 01:47 AM
06/18/17 01:47 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Why such a thread as this?

What is the meaning of the name of this thread?

Well, I don't know what the creator of this thread had in mind, but, I believe most Protestants today have lost their way. Protestantism doesn't follow the Bible anymore.

Lutherans are prepared to sign this document with the Roman Catholic Church later this year saying the Reformation is basically over!

This should be impossible! But, it is not.

How is this happening?!?

I really need to hear from the other Protestant Churches on this issue. They need to explain what their belief and reasoning is.

Re: Protestants renounce Protestantism [Re: ] #184163
06/18/17 05:43 PM
06/18/17 05:43 PM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
What I bolded above [I then started to read and understand the Bible for what it actually said and not for what I was told it was saying.] is what I always do in studying the Bible. I also follow that principle in all things I study.

My only "agenda" is to know truth. I have been this way ever since I was a little kid and my insistence on truth and honesty got me whipped, mocked, scorned, abused, etc... but I thank God that He put that burning desire so deeply within me that nothing could ever extinguish it. Truth is worth both living and dying for. I know of nothing else that even comes close to it in value.

Do you not understand what I said? I'll try to restate it for you. You have not given a single fact that I can verify by independent means. Therefore your story is an unknown. As it is not verifiable none of your conclusions are verifiable.

Lastly, do you not realize the full meaning of the text you quoted? It means if I cannot verify and find solid reasoning behind some assertion, then it is to my shame to accept whatever is being put forth when there is no way to "hear" the full matter. It is impossible to verify what you are saying so it would be to my shame to accept it.

The only source which I assume to be true is the Bible. All other sources require verification.

Given the above assertions it should come as no surprise that I require the same thing. In fact I recently altered my point of view after considering a comment you made about support. (EGW vs. Scripture)

That being said perhaps you would like to address the questions raised in the de-railed thread "Is the Investigative Judgement Biblical?" Found here: [url=http://www.maritime-sda-online.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=182933&page=5][/url]

The two assertions that have failed to receive adequate support are:
Originally Posted By: Nadi, post #182805

1. That Scripture speaks of and describes TWO judgements.
2. That the judgement you describe began in 1844.

You may wish to review the first few pages to understand my view on "authorities" etc. My fundamental position is that the IJ doctrine (among others) of the SDA Church cannot be supported without appealing to EGW, which is its only support, as no other religion or denomination large or small (TO MY KNOWLEDGE) supports this view.

Last edited by Nadi; 06/18/17 05:45 PM.

"Our vision is often more obstructed by what we think we know than by our lack of knowledge." K. Stendahl
Re: Protestants renounce Protestantism [Re: Nadi] #184165
06/19/17 02:00 AM
06/19/17 02:00 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
The "Investigative Judgment" is Biblical. But, it is also massive. The sanctuary needs to be covered in detail, then prophetic language and then the 2300 day prophecy of Daniel 8:14. There is quite a lot of history involved as well.

This is why everyone wants to pick on this one truth, because there isn't any easy answer. But, a diligent and honest student of Scripture will find this truth fairly quickly if they are patient.

Re: Protestants renounce Protestantism [Re: Alchemy] #184168
06/19/17 02:45 AM
06/19/17 02:45 AM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
But, a diligent and honest student of Scripture will find this truth fairly quickly if they are patient.

If you can find it quickly you can explain it quickly.

P.S. That still does not address the two questions posed.

Just sayin.

"Our vision is often more obstructed by what we think we know than by our lack of knowledge." K. Stendahl
Re: Protestants renounce Protestantism [Re: Nadi] #184179
06/20/17 01:18 AM
06/20/17 01:18 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
But, a diligent and honest student of Scripture will find this truth fairly quickly if they are patient.

If you can find it quickly you can explain it quickly.

P.S. That still does not address the two questions posed.

Just sayin.

I am not going to try and define quickly. It will be different for different people.

Yes, I did address the two questions you posed. I addressed both of them. The discipline needed to address such a subject as the Investigative Judgment can't be served by asking and answering a bunch of side questions. There isn't any way of knowing from your questions if you even understand them!

So, I would recommend starting with the earthly sanctuary first. Understand its structure and function first. Then, and only then, move onto what the earthly sanctuary was patterned after. Which is the Heavenly Sanctuary. Then, we can move onto the prophetic significance.

Last edited by Alchemy; 06/20/17 01:19 AM.
Re: Protestants renounce Protestantism [Re: Nadi] #184185
06/20/17 07:22 AM
06/20/17 07:22 AM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
The two assertions that have failed to receive adequate support are:
Originally Posted By: Nadi, post #182805

1. That Scripture speaks of and describes TWO judgements.
2. That the judgement you describe began in 1844.

My fundamental position is that the IJ doctrine (among others) of the SDA Church cannot be supported without appealing to EGW, which is its only support, as no other religion or denomination large or small (TO MY KNOWLEDGE) supports this view.
I would be interested to hear from you a brief summary, with a scripture reference or two, what your understanding of 'the judgment" is?

"The worst foes of my spiritual life have never been hostile circumstance."

"There is always a little bit of light" (Micah 7:8)
https://www.lightintheclouds.net/word

Sincerely, IN Christ; and THROUGH The Spirit

- The Wanderer
Re: Protestants renounce Protestantism [Re: Nadi] #184186
06/20/17 10:52 AM
06/20/17 10:52 AM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
Nadi,

I went back and looked at that thread. Sorry, I wasn't trying to derail it for you. I had only meant what I said as an aside to the discussion.

I think your view vs the SDA view boils down to a basic difference in how the plan of salvation is viewed. In the historic SDA view God is as much on trial before the universe as we are on trial before God. Why? Because God's character was attacked by the devil and 1/3 of the angels and the human race accepted the lie about who God really is and what is He really like.

The devil is the universe's, not just this world's, greatest scam artist. His powers of deceit are immense and as God wants to wipe out sin completely, and sin is simply not trusting God, then God has to have a way of convincing everyone that He is just. Revelation 14:7 occurs before the 2nd coming and yet it says that the "hour of His judgment is come". Hour of whose judgment? God's. The "hour" of our judgment--our reading of the books and investigating the lives of those who made it to heaven and those who didn't comes after the 2nd coming. We simply verify through the meticulous record keeping of God that God has always been just, fair, and righteous.

The entire plan of salvation is the story of the war--the great controversy--between God and the devil. If someone rejects that paradigm then they will never accept the SDA point of view. They cannot because it cuts the foundation of their beliefs off at the knees. Only if a person is willing to look at the entire Bible through this paradigm, and the Bible supports this paradigm from Genesis to Revelation, can SDA theology be really understood and accepted.

This is why SDA theology is so distinctive. No other church accepts the paradigm of the great controversy between good and evil. I don't know why as the evidence for this paradigm surrounds us daily. There is always a struggle between good and evil and it is constant and ongoing. To me it is the greatest evidence that the SDA theology on this is correct. And, it is also the only paradigm that, to me, makes sense out of our completely out of control and insane world.

Re: Protestants renounce Protestantism [Re: ] #184189
06/20/17 02:45 PM
06/20/17 02:45 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
In regards to Gary K post above, like Nadi correctly quoted before "YOUR saying so don't make it so." Tom Sawyer.

We should be able to support from scriptures our beliefs. Not by text proofing that is often taking out of context and fitted to our interpretation gaps that scriptures doesn't say nor support.

We should be able to show that our believes stands :
a) to the test of ALL scriptures (not some portion while ignoring other that contradict our stand),
b) to the Lord's description of His plan and definitions of legal terms He gave us via His laws,
c) to their future application given to us via the OT prophets,
d) to the revelation of the NT writers who speaks according to the Law & the prophets,
e) to Jesus Christ revelation in the NT that also speaks according to the law & the prophets.

Since Nadi already provided a discussion about the IJ; I think we should further discussed the IJ in that discussion. Then there's plenty of other discussions where SDA doctrines are discussed there that we should take the time to visit and see how Biblical (or not) do we fair in those discussion.

We can bring back the summary of those studied doctrines here and see if Nadi statement is correct by saying "The Seventh-day Adventist church IS NOT a Bible and Bible only church. This puts them DIRECTLY in bed with the Catholic Church. Sorry." From my own personal studies of SDA doctrines in this forum for the past decade, I'm sorry to say that I agree with Nadi.

Here's Nadi's discussion link To discuss about the Investigative Judgment doctrine.

I have moved Gary K post there with 2 questions posed to him about his 2 main points he made above.

Blessings
Re: Protestants renounce Protestantism [Re: Alchemy] #184204
06/21/17 07:24 PM
06/21/17 07:24 PM
N
Nadi  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2020
Canada
So, I would recommend starting with the earthly sanctuary first. Understand its structure and function first. Then, and only then, move onto what the earthly sanctuary was patterned after. Which is the Heavenly Sanctuary. Then, we can move onto the prophetic significance.

You may begin any time.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!