HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,795 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 95 1 2 3 4 5 6 94 95
Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #163760
03/29/14 01:22 AM
03/29/14 01:22 AM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
The quote speaks about no definite prophetic time, such as in date setting, however, there still remains the prophecies dealing with time frames that are unknown to us as far as date setting goes, such as the second coming, the 1000 years in heaven, etc.

Yes, Daryl, good point.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #163761
03/29/14 01:51 AM
03/29/14 01:51 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Quote:
" The Lord has not tested his people upon any particular time since 1844. We have been, and still are, in the patient waiting time." 1T 409

"We are in the waiting time; let your loins be girded about and
your lights shining, that you may wait for the Lord when He returns from the wedding, that when He comes and knocks you may open unto Him immediately." {4T 123.3}

We are in the "waiting time".
Between 1844 and the end when God announces the coming of Jesus, we have no set times, we are in the "waiting time".

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #163825
03/31/14 02:11 PM
03/31/14 02:11 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
So it sounds like we are now all in agreement. So regarding the 10 kings and one hour, this future prophecy of time, which is prophetic time, but whether symbolic or literal time, does exist in the future. When that time happens, no definite time has been set. Just as with the 1000 years. And unlike the 2300 day time prophecy of definite time ending in 1844.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #163912
04/02/14 09:50 PM
04/02/14 09:50 PM
K
Karen Y  Online Content OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

Michigan, US
Notice what the Scripture says, “I beheld… I heard” (Rev. 8:13). Both the eye and ear are engaged which signifies the careful attention and interest.
The angel is flying thruough mid-heaven to announce the most horrible judgments ever announced… judgments that are far beyond the imagination of men in the seven plagues. These are the three woes.
"Then I looked, and I heard an eagle crying with a loud voice as it flew in midheaven, “Woe, woe, woe to the inhabitants of the earth, at the blasts of the other trumpets that the three angels are about to blow”(Rev 8:13 NRSV). The angel is translated as ‘an eagle’ in the NRSV. The eagle is depicted as the deliverance of God in Deut 32:11-12 "As an eagle stirs up its nest, Hovers over its young, Spreading out its wings, taking them up, Carrying them on its wings, So the Lord alone led him, And there was no foreign god with him”. God assures His mighty deliverance for His people as portrayed in an eagle flying in the midst of heaven in the three woes.
The “woes” are pronounced especially upon those who inhabites on the earth.
The term “inhabiters of the earth” is used, in chapter 3:10, 6:10 and 12:12, referring to the peoples upon whom the tribulation will come.
These terrible woes of God will be directed to reach every square inch of the universe and will have to do with every person who inhabits upon the earth in this last generation.

Last edited by Karen Y; 04/02/14 10:23 PM.
Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #163915
04/02/14 10:58 PM
04/02/14 10:58 PM
K
SDA
Active Member 2023

Michigan, US
Revelation 8:1 gives us the record of the opening of the seventh seal. When that seal is broken, there is silence in Heaven. Something gigantic, ghastly, unheard of . . . something heretofore unseen . . . happens.
When the seventh seal is opened, the seven trumpets begin to sound. All the terrible judgments of the trumpets are hidden beneath the seventh seal, and the seven vials of the wrath of God are about to fall upon men.
All Heaven stood aghast - completely silent, Speechless, and spellbound - for half an hour as the seventh seal is removed!
The four and twenty elders ceased to play their harps. Heaven’s angels hushed their singing. Cherubim and Seraphim ceased to praise God. The host of Heaven stood in awe. Think of Heaven standing in complete silence for the space of half an hour! Can you imagine the judgments of misery, blood and woe poured out upon mankind, so terrible that the very sight of those judgments renders all Heaven speechless and silent?
Let me illustrate even in a small way:
Someone told me that not long ago a drunk driver ran into the automobile just ahead of him. The driver and two others were killed instantly. In a matter of moments a great crowd gathered. Lying there on the road were the battered, broken, bleeding, twisted bodies of three men . . . three dead bodies.
The crowd moved gazed upon the dead bodies in silence. You could have heard a pin drop. Those who spoke did so in a whisper. In the distance could be heard the sirens as the ambulance came to the scene of the tragedy. As the dead were covered with sheets and lifted into the ambulance, the silence was deadly. People seemed to hold their breath.
In verse 2, seven angels stood before God. These are special angels. Not all angels are said to stand before God. Gabriel stood before God (Luke 1:19). And "…ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened(Rev 7:10).
There were SEVEN of these angels representing the full power of God in judicial judgment.
The seven angels stood before God to pour out God’s wrath upon the wicked. Seven trumpets were given to the angels when the seventh seal is broken.
Trumpets are used to call soldiers to war. They are used in worship, for the convocation, to proclaim festivals such as the year of Jubilee, the Feast of the Tabernacles - and for judgments. Read Exodus 19:6, Amos 3:6, Joshua 6:13-16 and Zephaniah 1:14-16.
The seven angels received the trumpets, took their positions as directed, and prepared to sound. They sounded the warnings of the coming judgment in the seven plagues to the inhabiters of the earth. Who are the priests that is going to blow the Seven Trumpets sound if not the remnant church of God?

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #163917
04/03/14 01:36 AM
04/03/14 01:36 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Silence in heaven.

One thing we need to remember is that chapter divisions were not placed by John who wrote down these visions. They were inserted hundreds of years later for convenience.

Revelation 8:1 is the concluding verse of the seven seals.
The sixth seal leads us up to the time just before Christ's second coming.

The verses below (which are part of the sixth seal) describe events that take place when God delivers His people from the death degree just before Christ's coming. (Compare with GC 636-640) Thus the sixth seal has already taken us past the close of probation and most of the plagues.

Quote:
6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

The question is asked "Who shall be able to stand".
The answer is given in Rev. 7 -- those who bear the seal of God.

The seventh seal does not jump back in time.
The sixth seal already has the lost running in terror from the voice of God, when the sky is rolled back as a scroll.

So what happens during the "silence" of the seventh seal?
The seventh seal has reached the time of utter destruction of Babylon. The last part of Rev. 18 as well as chapter 19.
The seventh seal is no longer a warning, but the final execution.

And that is the end of the vision of the seven seals -- marking the end of this world's history.

Rev. 8:2 begins a whole new vision. It begins with Christ ministering in the holy Place and gives another view of the history of the great controversy over the Christian era.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: dedication] #164000
04/05/14 03:41 AM
04/05/14 03:41 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
I came across this quote recently from Ellen White where she appears to view the seventh seal as including the introduction to the trumpets. It surprised me:
Quote:
"And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: and they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, Holy and true, doest Thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? And white robes were given unto every one of them [They were pronounced pure and holy]; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled" [Revelation 6:9-11].

Here were scenes presented to John that were not in reality but that which would be in a period of time in the future. {20MR 197.5}

And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour. And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets. And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand. Rev 8:1-4.

The psalmist prayed: "Lord, I cry unto Thee: make haste unto me; give ear unto my voice, when I cry unto Thee. Let my prayer be set before Thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice. Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips." {20MR 198.1}

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #164137
04/08/14 05:06 PM
04/08/14 05:06 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Could be true. But could also be she was just quoting the future scenes presented to John. Also, "here were scenes" - does that refer to the preceding or the following. What if she had said, "here are scenes" and then quoted Rev 8? Of course, past tense could mean everything John had seen.

Not sure how one would go about determining the questions to ask. But think there needs more than just a little bit as the preceding and following context seems to cover a broad range. Maybe something along the lines of, what is the purpose of this section of her writing?

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #164287
04/13/14 04:39 PM
04/13/14 04:39 PM
K
SDA
Active Member 2023

Michigan, US

The sixth trumpet indicates that the probation time will end suddenly
at a point of time.
“And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for
an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay
the third part of men” (Rev 9:15).

When the sixth trumpet of warning comes to fulfill there comes
the kingdom of God as the seventh trumpet announces,
“…The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms
of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever
and ever” (Rev 11:15).

It intrigues me to perceive that all the sixth of the seven of churches,
seals, trumpets, and plagues talks about the Second Coming of Christ.

The Philadelphia Church condition is the most favorable for the Second
Coming of Christ. The sixth seal portrays the impenitent seeking death
at His Coming,
“And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us
from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the
wrath of the Lamb:” (Rev 6:16)

In the sixth plague, the three identities of dragon, beast, and false prophets
unite for the battle of Armageddon, but it only culminates for their destruction
as the sixth trumpet has warned
“…out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone”,
“…by these plagues..” (Rev 9:17,20)
they will be punished.

The three of the religious systems of the world will deceive massively of the inhabiters of the earth, for this very reason, the eagle flying through the midst of heaven announcing as the one of the woe (Rev 8:13).

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #167544
08/17/14 03:25 PM
08/17/14 03:25 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
bump

Don't know why this thread came to a sudden halt, which is why I am bumping it now.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Page 4 of 95 1 2 3 4 5 6 94 95

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!