HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,186
Posts195,505
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 17
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
8 registered members (Kevin H, TruthinTypes, Wendell Slattery, Daryl, ProdigalOne, TheophilusOne, 2 invisible), 3,093 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
First Quarter 2018 - Stewardship - Motives of the Heart #185805
01/03/18 12:59 AM
01/03/18 12:59 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Here is the link to this quarter's study:

http://www.ssnet.org/lessons/18a/

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Reply Quote
Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Re: First Quarter 2018 - Stewardship - Motives of the Heart [Re: Daryl] #185830
01/11/18 01:38 AM
01/11/18 01:38 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
This weeks lesson has a very interesting title:

"I See, I Want, I TAKE"

Sadly that sequence is very much evident in the carnal nature and the lesson moves on to point to a supposed "gospel" that seems to suggest the above sequence is part of the gospel!

SUNDAY
The Prosperity Gospel

Some Christians teach those who have real faith will be rewarded with health and wealth.

The lesson then points us to the Christians described in 2 Corinthians 8:1-7.

Quote:
Now, brethren, we wish to make known to you the grace of God which has been given in the churches of Macedonia, 2 that in a great ordeal of affliction their abundance of joy and their deep poverty overflowed in the wealth of their liberality. 3 For I testify that according to their ability, and beyond their ability, they gave of their own accord, 4 begging us with much urging for the favor [a]of participation in the [b]support of the [c]saints, 5 and this, not as we had [d]expected, but they first gave themselves to the Lord

These Christians were facing a lot of problems and were in deep poverty. It was a time of great affliction with them, as Christians in these parts met with ill treatment, which had reduced them to poverty. Yet,they had found the Lord and had abundance of joy in the midst of tribulation!
They weren't complaining about their lot, nor were they wondering why God didn't come through for them and give them wealth. Instead they abounded in their liberality; they gave out of their little, for the benefit of others.

MONDAY
Blurred Spiritual Eyesight

The "I see, I want, I take, mentality causes spiritual cataracts to grow over our spiritual eyesight!

Quote:
Matthew 13 3-7 (NASB)

3 He spoke many things to them in parables, saying, “Behold, the sower went out to sow; 4 and as he sowed, some seeds fell beside the road,... Others fell on the rocky places,... 7 Others fell among the thorns, and the thorns came up and choked them out.

22 And the one on whom seed was sown among the thorns, this is the man who hears the word, and the worry of the world and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful

Unlike the seeds before, the seeds falling on thorny ground took root and grew. These people saw the truth, they received the truth, they do not cast off their profession of truth, but something happened. Their desire for worldly possessions destroys the plant of truth in their lives.

Cataracts in the eyes block light, making it difficult to see clearly. Over an extended period of time, cataracts can cause blindness. The same is true when the mind fills with the cares of things, and the deceitfulness of riches, obstructing the light of truth and making it difficult to see spiritual things clearly. Over an extended period of time, this can cause spiritual blindness.

TUESDAY
Steps of Covetousness

Eve treads the "I See, I want, I TAKE" path".

Quote:
Genesis 3:6 When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was desirable to make one wise, she took from its fruit and ate; and she gave also to her husband with her, and he ate.

She saw.
She should have turned away her eyes from beholding that which she was not to have; but she enters into temptation, by looking with pleasure, with delight, on the forbidden fruit.
A great deal of sin comes in at the eyes. Satan is a master at creating "alluring things" for the eyes and plant the seeds of covetousness.

It was desirable.
If only she could have it her life would become better, she would be wise! Or so she thought.

She took.

Reply Quote
Re: First Quarter 2018 - Stewardship - Motives of the Heart [Re: dedication] #185831
01/11/18 02:42 AM
01/11/18 02:42 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
WEDNESDAY
Greed -- Having Things My Way

Quote:
Isaiah 56 22 (NET)
The dogs have big appetites;
they are never full.
They are shepherds who have no understanding;
they all go their own way,
each one looking for monetary gain

Like sheep dogs who are supposed to care for the sheep but instead are more interested in eating (the sheep). So leaders, both spiritual and political, fleece the "sheep" instead of caring for them.
Greed, the desire for power, fame, wealth, and pleasure with little regard for others.
"I see, I want, I take"
Greed has done inconceivable damage and produced unbearable misery throughout earth's history.

Quote:
Matthew 26:14 Then one of the twelve, the one named Judas Iscariot, went to the chief priests 15 and said, “What will you give me to betray him into your hands?” So they set out thirty silver coins for him. 16 From that time on, Judas began looking for an opportunity to betray him.

Greed --
Greedy enough to betray the Savior of the world for the price of a slave.

THURSDAY
Self Control

God's counsel on how we can find protection from covetousness and greed.

Quote:
25 While Paul was discussing righteousness, self-control, and the coming judgment, Felix became frightened and said, “Go away for now, and when I have an opportunity, I will send for you.” 26 At the same time he was also hoping that Paul would give him money, and for this reason he sent for Paul as often as possible and talked with him.

"Paul held up before Felix and Drusilla the character of God--His righteousness, justice, and equity, and the nature of His law. He clearly showed that it is man's duty to live a life of sobriety and self control, keeping the passions under the control of reason, in conformity to God's law, and preserving the physical and mental powers in a healthy condition.
He declared that there would surely come a day of judgment ... when it would be plainly revealed that wealth, position, or titles are powerless to gain for man the favor of God or to deliver him from the results of sin....
Paul endeavored to direct the minds of his hearers to the one great Sacrifice for sin. AA 424

Quote:
Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Now those who belong to Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also behave in accordance with the Spirit.

"Why not sow seeds of kindness, of love, of faith, of patience, of self-denial, and true benevolence, and keep all your passions under control? Such sowing will produce a harvest after its kind. Let every word and deed be a seed that will result in good fruit.
If you seek the help and grace of God, the Holy Spirit will take possession of mind and character, and work in you that which you can work out with all safety to yourself, and with all benefit to others. You will show that you love God supremely, and your neighbor as yourself.{YI, September 26, 1895 par. 1}

Quote:
1 Peter 1:3 His divine power has given us everything needed for life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4 Thus he has given us, through these things, his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may escape from the corruption that is in the world because of lust, and may become participants of the divine nature.
5 For this very reason, you must make every effort to support your faith with goodness, and goodness with knowledge, 6 and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with endurance, and endurance with godliness, 7 and godliness with kindness, and kindness with love.
8 For if these things are yours and are increasing among you, they keep you from being ineffective and unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For anyone who lacks these things is short-sighted and blind, and is forgetful of the cleansing of past sins.

Reply Quote
Re: First Quarter 2018 - Stewardship - Motives of the Heart [Re: Daryl] #185869
01/20/18 02:51 AM
01/20/18 02:51 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
This weeks lesson is entitled

God or Mammon.

Do we need to make a choice?
What does that choice look like?

Here are some thoughts based on this weeks lesson.

SABBATH INTRODUCTION

The lesson takes us back to the parable of the successful farmer who decided to build bigger barns.

“Fool! This night your soul will be required of you; then whose will those things be which you have provided?’ So is he who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God” (Luke 12:20-21, NKJV).

Is it foolish to build bigger barns to store our things?

What is the problem here?

He did not think of God, from whom all his mercies had come. He did not realize that God had made him a steward of His goods that he might help the needy. He had a blessed opportunity of being God's almoner, but he thought only of ministering to his own comfort. {COL 256.1}

The problem was not in the abundant harvest, or even in bigger barns, the problem concerned his stewardship! He did not give God the glory, nor see His abundance as coming from God to help others.

Abundant provision for the wants of many had been made in the blessings bestowed upon the rich man. But he closed his heart to the cry of the needy, and said to his servants, "This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry." {COL 256.2}

SUNDAY
GOD THE CREATOR

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Psalms 33:6-9 By the word of the Lord the heavens were made,
And all the host of them by the breath of His mouth. He gathers the waters of the sea together as a heap; He lays up the deep in storehouses.
Let all the earth fear the Lord; Let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him. For He spoke, and it was done;
He commanded, and it stood fast.

Jer. 51:15 He has made the earth by His power; He has established the world by His wisdom, And stretched out the heaven by His understanding.

John 1:3 All things were made by Him and without Him nothing was made.

All things were created by Jesus, He is the Word, the active member of the Godhead that spoke things into existence.
"In the beginning God...." Before there was time-- there was God
"In the beginning was the Word..." Before there was time---there was the Word.

John 1:1-4,14
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,

God created and then an incredible thing took place!
After making a beautiful, perfect world, God placed it all in the hands of Adam and Eve, and gave them "dominion" over it!

That is stewardship!
Our God making everything we need and then giving it into our care to take care of and enjoy. This stewardship also comes with responsibility!

MONDAY
SON OF GOD AND SON OF MAN

This is a concept that is hard for the finite human mind to understand: How can Someone be fully human and fully divine, two separate natures, in one person? Battles have been fought over different views on how this could be.

Yet we can have the assurance that Christ, in His humanity has encircled the human race, while with His divinity He is seated on the right hand of the Father on the throne of God.

To each of us it means that heaven is open before us. The bridge is in place. Christ is the way. It means that the gates are ajar. The Son of God is also the Son of Man, and all who believe in His name are adopted as sons and daughters of God, citizens of the heavenly kingdom.

Scripture illustration from Matthew 19:16-22
A man came and said to Jesus, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?”
So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”
The man replied and said to Him, “Which ones?”
Jesus said, ‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness,’‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and,‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”
The young man said to Him, “All these things I have kept from my youth. What do I still lack?”
Jesus said to him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

This young man seemed to be caught up in the prosperity gospel. "I've kept all the commandments all my life" and I've been hugely blessed." But in his heart he knew something was missing.

First -- "there is no one good but God"
This young man needed the righteousness of Christ, his own righteousness nor the righteousness of the most pious teachers in Israel was good enough for eternal life.

Second -- "but I've kept all the commandments"
Jesus shows him -- "did you really?" How about the tenth commandment? The commandment that has a lot to do with choosing Mammon rather than God.

The love of the world and of material things so blinded him that even though he was sad as he walked away from Christ, that sadness wasn’t enough for Him to make Christ first in his life.
His decision didn't make him happy -- he was sad even while hanging on to all his possessions. He was sad because he was losing his soul over those things.

Reply Quote
Re: First Quarter 2018 - Stewardship - Motives of the Heart [Re: Daryl] #185870
01/20/18 03:26 AM
01/20/18 03:26 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
TUESDAY
CHRIST OUR REDEEMER

This is a good study to follow through on --

The lesson asks us to --
Read each text and list what Christ has saved us from: Col. 1:13; 1 Thess. 1:10; 1 Pet. 1:18; Heb. 2:14-15; Gal. 3:13; Rev. 1:5.

Col. 1:13 "He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love.

1 Thess 1:10 "Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come.

1 Peter 1:18 "redeemed ... from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers

Heb. 2:14-16 That through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

1 Cor 6:11 "you are washed, you are sanctified,you are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Gal. 3:13
Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”),

Rev. 1:5 "To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood

Reply Quote
Re: First Quarter 2018 - Stewardship - Motives of the Heart [Re: Daryl] #185919
01/26/18 07:15 PM
01/26/18 07:15 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Lesson 4 is titled, "Escape From the World’s Ways" at the following link:

http://www.ssnet.org/lessons/18a/less04.html

Daryl smile

Reply Quote
Re: First Quarter 2018 - Stewardship - Motives of the Heart [Re: Daryl] #185920
01/26/18 07:17 PM
01/26/18 07:17 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
The Sabbath Afternoon section said the following:

Though Satan failed with Jesus, he has succeeded with everyone else. He will continue to do so unless we fight in the armor and power of God, who alone offers us the freedom from the lure of the world.

Thus, we must focus our attention on our heavenly Provider. David realized true value in this life when he wrote, “The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing” (Ps. 34:10, NIV). Solomon recognized that wisdom and understanding were more valuable than silver and gold (Prov. 3:13, 14). True happiness and right living come from turning our eyes from the possessions we own and looking to the living Christ, who owns us.

Our only hope to escape the allure of the world is a vital and successful relationship with Jesus. This week, we will study the elements of that relationship, and how crucial it is for our own spiritual success to recognize the power behind the mask of the world and see the importance of Christ as the real reason for living.

Daryl smile

Reply Quote
Re: First Quarter 2018 - Stewardship - Motives of the Heart [Re: Daryl] #185921
01/26/18 07:19 PM
01/26/18 07:19 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
From Sunday:

The only cure for worldliness, in whatever form it comes, is a continual devotion to Christ (Ps. 34:1) through the ups and downs of life. Moses “regarded disgrace for the sake of Christ as of greater value than the treasures of Egypt” (Heb. 11:26, NIV). Before any other relationship, Christ must be our first priority. Christ is looking for a commitment based on conviction, not on preference; that is, we must be devoted to Christ because of who He is and what He has done for us, not because of any immediate advantages our faith and commitment to Him might bring.

Our lives are to be hidden in Jesus, and His plans are to be our plans. True commitment is putting our hand to the plow without “looking back” (Luke 9:62, NKJV). When we make that kind of commitment, Jesus elevates us to our full potential. When we surrender to Him, He will break the world’s hold upon our souls. We must become Christ-centered instead of stuff-centered; that alone will fill the void in our lives.

Daryl smile

Reply Quote
Re: First Quarter 2018 - Stewardship - Motives of the Heart [Re: Daryl] #185922
01/26/18 07:21 PM
01/26/18 07:21 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
From Monday:

More than six billion Bibles have been distributed worldwide, but how many are viewed as the Word of the living God? How many are read with a sincere heart open to know truth?

Proper Bible study directs our spiritual compass and enables us to navigate a world of falsehood and confusion. The Bible is a living document of divine origin (Heb. 4:12), and as such it points us to truths that we cannot get anywhere else. The Bible is Christ’s road map for daily living, and it educates us by expanding our intellect and refining our characters.

My comment: If I hadn't been open to truth, I never would have become a member of the SDA Church.

Daryl smile

Reply Quote
Re: First Quarter 2018 - Stewardship - Motives of the Heart [Re: Daryl] #185956
02/03/18 02:06 AM
02/03/18 02:06 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Lesson 5 is titled, "Stewards After Eden."

http://www.ssnet.org/lessons/18a/less05.html

Interesting title.

Daryl smile

Reply Quote
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:23 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 03/15/24 08:53 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
How tall were Adam and Eve?
by dedication. 02/28/24 07:30 PM
Hebrew word YOM or yowm meaning?
by dedication. 02/26/24 05:42 AM
The Book of Job
by teresaq. 02/22/24 04:43 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by kland. 03/05/24 01:37 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Daryl. 02/29/24 11:21 AM
Should Walter Veight have preached this sermon?
by dedication. 02/21/24 05:28 PM
Labor Unions and Adventist
by Rick H. 02/20/24 01:59 PM
Spiritualism: Across The Gulf...
by Rick H. 02/20/24 01:52 PM
Samuele Bacchiocchi & Recent Article Concerns
by dedication. 02/20/24 01:39 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!