HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,594
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 13
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, 2 invisible), 2,727 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Why do I feel this way? #31221
03/14/02 09:51 PM
03/14/02 09:51 PM
Sarah Moss  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Okay guys and gals, this isn't the most comfortable topic of conversation, but it must be said.

I am going to post some information on a condition that affects women, I know it is a bit long, but please take the time to read it and if you find that you or a woman you know suffers from any of the symptoms (two or more) then please pass it along and recommend that they visit their doctor to discuss having it checked out. It is not necessary for women to suffer as some do!

==================================================
Endometriosis

An overview of endometriosis: what it is, what its symptoms are, and how it is diagnosed and treated.

Endometriosis is a disease affecting women in their reproductive years. It was widely undiagnosed until recently. The name, as you've probably guessed, comes from the word endometrium. The clinical definition of endometriosis is an "abnormal growth of endometrial cells." Roughly 5.5 million women throughout North America have endometriosis. Endometriosis was at one time coined "husbanditis" because the pain that characterizes endometriosis was seen as a woman's excuse to get out of her marital duties. In the past, treating women who complained of pelvic pain ranged from tranquilizers to hysterectomies. Unfortunately, many women today are still being told that their symptoms are "in their heads" when, in fact, endometriosis is a physical disease causing real physical symptoms. What happens is that endometrial tissue forms outside the uterus in other areas of the body. This tissue then develops into small growths, or tumors. (Doctors may also refer to these growths as nodules, lesions, or implants.) These growths are usually benign (noncancerous) and are simply a normal type of tissue in an abnormal location. Cancers that arise in conjunction with endometriosis appear to be very rare.

The most common location of these endometrial growths is in the pelvic region, which affects the ovaries, the fallopian tubes, the ligaments supporting the uterus, the outer surface of the uterus, and the lining of the pelvic cavity. Forty to 50 percent of the growths are in the ovaries and fallopian tubes. Sometimes the growths are found in abdominal surgery scars, on the intestines, in the rectum, and on the bladder, vagina, cervix, and vulva. Other locations include the lung, arm, thigh, and other places outside the abdomen, but these are rare.

Since these growths are in fact pieces of uterine lining, they behave like uterine lining, responding to the hormonal cycle and trying to shed every month. These growths are blind -- they can't see where they are and think they're in the uterus. This is a huge problem during menstruation; when the growths start "shedding," there's no vagina for them to pass through, so they have nowhere to go. The result is internal bleeding, degeneration of the blood and tissue shed from the growths, inflammation of the surrounding areas, and formation of scar tissue. Depending on where these growths are located, they can rupture and spread to new areas, cause intestinal bleeding or obstruction (if they're in or near the intestines), or interfere with bladder function (if they're on or near the bladder). Infertility affects about 30 to 40 percent of endometriosis sufferers, and as the disease progresses, infertility is often inevitable.

The most common symptoms of endometriosis are pain before and during periods (much worse than normal menstrual cramps), pain during or after intercourse, and heavy or irregular bleeding. Other symptoms may include fatigue, painful bowel movements with periods, lower back pain with periods, diarrhea and/or constipation with periods, and intestinal upset with periods. If the bladder is involved, there may be painful urination and blood in the urine with periods. Irregular menstrual cycles and heavier flows are also associated with endometriosis, but women with severe endometriosis usually continue to have regular, albeit painful, periods. Some women with endometriosis may have no symptoms at all.

It's important to note that the amount of pain is not necessarily related to the extent or size of the growths. Tiny growths, called petechiae, have been found to be more active in producing prostaglandins, which may explain the significant symptoms that seem to occur with smaller growths.

The Stages of Endometriosis

Endometriosis can vary in terms of severity. Like other diseases, it is categorized into four stages -- the higher the number, the more severe the endometriosis. Stage I is when your endometriosis is minimal and still very thin and "filmy," hence easier to treat. Stage II is mild endometriosis; the endometriosis is still on the thin side but is situated more deeply into your surrounding tissues. Stage III is moderate endometriosis; here, your endometriosis is denser mixed with some Stage I or Stage II symptoms. Stage IV means severe endometriosis. In this case, the endometriosis is dense and deep, a bad combination.

Signs to Watch for

Since endometriosis includes so many seemingly unrelated symptoms, it's often missed or simply misdiagnosed. The following is a checklist of symptoms to watch for. If you have at least two of these symptoms during your period or even experience them chronically, you may want to get checked out for endometriosis.

- pelvic pain and/or painful intercourse
- infertility (often the only symptom women experience, even with Stage IV)
- abnormal cycles or periods
- nausea and/or vomiting
- exhaustion
- bladder problems
- frequent infections
- dizziness
- painful defecation
- lower backaches
- irritable bowels (loose, watery, and often bloody diarrhea often mistaken for irritable bowel syndrome, or IBS)
- other stomach problems
- low-grade fever
===================================================

If you know of any women or girl who suffers from any of these symptoms regularly or more than 2 at once - advise them to go to their doctor and to keep going until something is done! Something can be done about it and the sooner the better. Most women are not diagnosed until after they have suffered for 6 to 7 (or more) years, and this is not necessary!

Particularly, if you know of young girls that suffer greatly, tell them to go to their doctors, see a gynecologist, do whatever it takes until the cause is found for their suffering. The sooner it is found out, the sooner it can be taken care of!

[ March 14, 2002: Message edited by: Mrs Sarah Moss ]

Re: Why do I feel this way? #31222
03/22/02 08:23 AM
03/22/02 08:23 AM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
Sarah,

I hope you are passing this on just FYI; but incase you are suffering from this I hope you are getting treated for it .

The only two treatments I know of, 1. is natural, 2. is basically taking for 9+ months daily birth control Pill with no inert pills used. The idea being to chemically make your body think you used natural remedy #1. At least 9 months allows the body time to breakdown and absorb the endometrial tissue.

If you are wondering what remedy #1 is, your hubby has to provide that for you @ the right time. BTW how good are you at crochetting baby booties ? Talk about a remedy that's natural, (but then talking about it doesn't make it happen... till after the candles are lit & the blinds are closed with mood music on the stereo or CD player after a romantic dinner [with the cell phone & computer turned off]). I guess some natural remedies are more fun than others.

Re: Why do I feel this way? #31223
03/23/02 04:41 AM
03/23/02 04:41 AM
Sarah Moss  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
That's funny Ed!! I figured out the "natural" remedy when you said 9 months! Unfortunately, due to the nature of this disease, it can cause infertility and that pretty much eliminates option #1 if the disease has progressed to that point.

Another remedy is surgical. The good news for the surgical is that it is a quicker fix than the medication and also reduces the chances of the disease recurring. Also, since the only sure diagnosis for endometriosis is to have a (surgical) laporoscopy, they can often remove the excess tissue at the same time - hopefully eliminating the need for further treatment.

There are other medicinal remedies for more advanced cases of the disease, but they can take up to two years to be effective.

The final stage, last option remedy is a hysterectomy. When women suffer unknowingly for too long, this can often be the result.

Re: Why do I feel this way? #31224
03/23/02 06:07 AM
03/23/02 06:07 AM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
There are 3 other remedies you forgot to mention.

1. human technology - in vitro fertilization (spousal donations used)

2. The action of the local Church Elders - James 5:14-15 (official annointing)

3. Family member's prayers Genesis 25:21 (Isaac for Rebekah) & 1st Samuel 1:9-20 (Hannah - Samuel's mom) - combined with the promise to train the kids for God's service & mean it {if necessary asking God to help you mean it[remember "help thou mine unbelief"] & to help you build resources to do that.}

Re: Why do I feel this way? #31225
03/25/02 09:23 PM
03/25/02 09:23 PM
Sarah Moss  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
True enough Ed. All too often we forget about our Lord's abundant healing power! Be it never far from my mind the awesome works my God can do!

Thank you for the reminder that no matter how horrid or painful the disease or how minor and inconvenient the suffering, our God can heal all.

Re: Why do I feel this way? #31226
08/21/02 08:10 PM
08/21/02 08:10 PM
Sarah Moss  Offline OP
Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
An update. Apparently, estrogen is what causes the endometrium to grow (in the uterus, where it belongs!) and if it is misbehaving and growing out of bounds, then they put you on medication which suppresses your estrogen production, basically placing you in temporary and premature menopause. So, this joyful procedure takes a while also.

As the only way to 100% diagnose endometriosis is by way of a laporoscopy, I have had that surgery and there was quite a bit of scar tissue and endometrium. Some of which he was unable to remove due to its location. So, I am definitely suffering from this disease, and apparently it is something I will have for the rest of my life. I will have to be on medication to control it until I reach natural menopause. Lucky me.

There is always good news though. It could have been worse!

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Israel/Hamas Support and the Image of the Beast
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 11:21 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!