HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,795 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Re: 19 - The Sabbath [Re: cephalopod] #177155
09/30/15 01:01 AM
09/30/15 01:01 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: cephalopod
True, the weekly cycle is 7 days - it has always been 7 days...
...6 days for work to be done followed by the 7th day Sabbath.
...I'm in full agreement with that.

What's not supported in Scripture is a "continous cycle" of 7 day weeks...
...That's what I'm saying.
...And the Sanctuary Truth confirms that as obviously as night follows the day.

Originally Posted By: Eze 46:1

Thus saith the Lord GOD; The gate of the inner court that looketh toward the east shall be shut the six working days; [color:#FF0000]but on the sabbath it shall be opened, and in the day of the new moon it shall be opened.

And the prince shall enter by the way of the porch of that gate without, and shall stand by the post of the gate, and the priests shall prepare his burnt offering and his peace offerings, and he shall worship at the threshold of the gate: then he shall go forth; but the gate shall not be shut until the evening.

Likewise the people of the land shall worship at the door of this gate before the LORD in the sabbaths and in the new moons[/color]

The six working days do not include a "Sabbath" OR "New Moon day"...
...Simply because the gates of the inner court would NEVER be open on one of the 6 working days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVrk-PpKIEA&feature=related

Again cephalopod,

There were sabbaths associated with the feast days that were separate from the weekly Sabbath of the fourth commandment. You are simply getting confused about their separate timing.

Re: 19 - The Sabbath [Re: cephalopod] #177156
09/30/15 01:02 AM
09/30/15 01:02 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: cephalopod
Many SDA's have accepted the present truth of the Lunisolar Sabbath...
...The facts of our Sanctuary Truth confirmed by Sister White.
...Leave zero doubt as to this calendation.
...It is the ONLY way possible for Jesus to have died on the Cross at the Jewish Passover in 31 A.D.

I would urge watching the series of videos up to at least part 5 with your Bible open and follow along...
...It's impossible to duplicate what's in the Bible with the Gregorian.

oic...

No, the Luni-solar sabbath is completely unBiblical.

Re: 19 - The Sabbath [Re: Alchemy] #182861
03/21/17 05:37 PM
03/21/17 05:37 PM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
I haven't slogged through all ten pages of this old thread so I don't know if anyone brought the following out.

To me the Sabbath means a lot more than just a memorial of creation. For Biblical evidence of this I would like to give a couple of passages of scripture:

Quote:
Exodus 31:12 ¶And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you.
14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.
15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.*n4
16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.
17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Quote:
Ezekiel 20:10 ¶Wherefore I caused them to go forth out of the land of Egypt, and brought them into the wilderness.
11 And I gave them my statutes, and shewed them my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them.*n3
12 Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the Lord that sanctify them.
13 But the house of Israel rebelled against me in the wilderness: they walked not in my statutes, and they despised my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; and my sabbaths they greatly polluted: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them in the wilderness, to consume them.

So, to me Sabbath is a sign between me and God that I understand that HE is the one who sanctifies me. Just as I am to cease from all my daily labor on Sabbath I am to cease from my efforts to become holy and allow HIM to do HIS work of sanctification within my life. This is what Paul was speaking about in Hebrews 4:
Quote:
7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

I also believe the prohibition against working on Sabbath was at least partially given to teach us that our works cannot make us holy, and that it is only God who can change us.

John, in 1John 3:6 points to this too. Whosoever abideth in Him sinneth not. Paul says basically the same in Ephesians: For it is God who worketh in you both to will and to do....

As for SOP support for this:
Quote:
All true obedience comes from the heart. It was heart work with Christ. And if we consent, He will so identify Himself with our thoughts and aims, so blend our hearts and minds into conformity to His will, that when obeying Him we shall be but carrying out our own impulses. The will, refined and sanctified, will find its highest delight in doing His service. When we know God as it is our privilege to know Him, our life will be a life of continual obedience. Through an appreciation of the character of Christ, through communion with God, sin will become hateful to us. {DA 668.3}

It is the knowing God, the abiding in Him, that allows Him to sanctify us. Think of the promise, when we know God, as it is our privilege to know Him, our lives will be one of continual obedience. This is the same promise as 1John 3:6. Abiding in Christ keeps us from sinning. Knowing God, as it is our privilege to know him gives us continual obedience. These things tell me a couple of things about myself. 1. I do not know God as well as it is my privilege to know Him. 2. I do not constantly abide in Christ as I still sin.

Re: 19 - The Sabbath [Re: ] #182920
03/25/17 01:11 PM
03/25/17 01:11 PM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: Gary K
I haven't slogged through all ten pages of this old thread so I don't know if anyone brought the following out.

To me the Sabbath means a lot more than just a memorial of creation. For Biblical evidence of this I would like to give a couple of passages of scripture:

Quote:
Exodus 31:12 ¶And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you.
14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.
15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.*n4
16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.
17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Quote:
Ezekiel 20:10 ¶Wherefore I caused them to go forth out of the land of Egypt, and brought them into the wilderness.
11 And I gave them my statutes, and shewed them my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them.*n3
12 Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the Lord that sanctify them.
13 But the house of Israel rebelled against me in the wilderness: they walked not in my statutes, and they despised my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; and my sabbaths they greatly polluted: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them in the wilderness, to consume them.

So, to me Sabbath is a sign between me and God that I understand that HE is the one who sanctifies me. Just as I am to cease from all my daily labor on Sabbath I am to cease from my efforts to become holy and allow HIM to do HIS work of sanctification within my life. This is what Paul was speaking about in Hebrews 4:
Quote:
7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

I also believe the prohibition against working on Sabbath was at least partially given to teach us that our works cannot make us holy, and that it is only God who can change us.

John, in 1John 3:6 points to this too. Whosoever abideth in Him sinneth not. Paul says basically the same in Ephesians: For it is God who worketh in you both to will and to do....

As for SOP support for this:
Quote:
All true obedience comes from the heart. It was heart work with Christ. And if we consent, He will so identify Himself with our thoughts and aims, so blend our hearts and minds into conformity to His will, that when obeying Him we shall be but carrying out our own impulses. The will, refined and sanctified, will find its highest delight in doing His service. When we know God as it is our privilege to know Him, our life will be a life of continual obedience. Through an appreciation of the character of Christ, through communion with God, sin will become hateful to us. {DA 668.3}

It is the knowing God, the abiding in Him, that allows Him to sanctify us. Think of the promise, when we know God, as it is our privilege to know Him, our lives will be one of continual obedience. This is the same promise as 1John 3:6. Abiding in Christ keeps us from sinning. Knowing God, as it is our privilege to know him gives us continual obedience. These things tell me a couple of things about myself. 1. I do not know God as well as it is my privilege to know Him. 2. I do not constantly abide in Christ as I still sin.

Very powerful post Gary K.

It is true from the two renderings of the Ten Commandments from God in Exodus 20 and Deuteronomy 5 that there is more to the Sabbath than creation. But, it all starts with creation.

Re: 19 - The Sabbath [Re: Alchemy] #182940
03/25/17 10:02 PM
03/25/17 10:02 PM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
Originally Posted By: Alchemy

Very powerful post Gary K.

It is true from the two renderings of the Ten Commandments from God in Exodus 20 and Deuteronomy 5 that there is more to the Sabbath than creation. But, it all starts with creation.

Thanks, alchemy, but the credit goes to the Holy Spirit.

Yes, it does start with creation, and it ends with our re-creation back into God's image. Both our original creation, and our re-creation back into His image, are/will_be memorials to God's creative power and love.

The Sabbath is a memorial, in that respect, to Righteousness by Faith, and it always will be as we will keep it throughout eternity. It will always be one more reminder of who made it possible for us to make it to heaven.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!