HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Some Beliefs of the Jehovah's Witness Church #38943
12/27/01 05:05 AM
12/27/01 05:05 AM
Gerry Buck  Offline
Charter Member
Very Dedicated Member
Benton Harbor, Mi.
I came a little late to this thread, so, I'm playing a game of catch up.
Some one stated they did not understand the JW stance on blood transfusions.
I used to talk with a couple different JW's, and that came up in the conversation.
I asked what they meant, and it was explained to me this way;

Genesis 9:4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

They asked me how a person ate when they were unable to feed themselves because of different things that happened to them in hospital.
Then they pointed out that IV's were inserted and nourishment was given through the tubes, in essence, you were eating.
Taking a liberal view of eating, and literal
(sp)one, they said, therefore, you were eating blood in direct defiance to an order from God not too.
This may be over simplistic, but in essence, that is what they told me.

Re: Some Beliefs of the Jehovah's Witness Church #38944
12/27/01 08:40 AM
12/27/01 08:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello Searching

Just a little FYI for you here...Since I have done most of the posting. My posts here in this thread are intended to do a comparison of what JWs believe; and what SDA's believe; and I have not been too concerned about listing everything they say think or do in a given topic line.

I personally don't like to just list a bunch of things some individual or group is doing wrong; and then leave it at that. I believe that in order for it to be an actual Bible study; we need to do the type of comparisons I have mentioned.

I have a brother who is a JW and so I have learned a lot about them. My posts here are study notes I have personally made from a number of sources.

Re: Some Beliefs of the Jehovah's Witness Church #38945
12/27/01 08:57 AM
12/27/01 08:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gerry

I have a good study with thorough Biblical details on this blood issue; but as with all good things; it will take time for a guy as busy as me to work through my notes to this study.

But just off the top of my hat; the blood being referred to was animal blood in Lev.17; and if you check the verse in Rev. that says "He has made of one blood, all nations," you would perhaps see a connection to possible blood transfusions...It's almost like God made us "of one blood" for the purpose of medical treatments involving blood or blood products.

We don't eat people blood. Because we don't eat people. But some of us do eat animals; and so Leviticus only talks about animal blood; when it says "Thou shalt not eat thereof."

If you think about the physiology of how blood works; food goes into the stomach, and then releases the nutrients to the blood. In the case of a transfusion; the blood bypasses the stomach, and goes right into the blood vessels.

Blood belongs in veins and arteries...not in stomachs; but it is only human blood we can put into our veins. We would die from animal blood in the veins or ateries. Why would God tell us to do something like not doing transfusions, when he has obviously made our blood just for that? Most side effects from transfusions are not usually no more dangerous that forgetting what your wife tells you to buy at the grocery store.

Truly, we are fearfully and wonderfully made.

[ December 27, 2001: Message edited by: DavidTBattler ]

Re: Some Beliefs of the Jehovah's Witness Church #38946
12/30/01 03:05 PM
12/30/01 03:05 PM
S
Searching  Offline
New Member (Starting to Post)
Va
Hi DavidTBattler,

I forgot i saved this in favorites, so forgive me if I "left it out there" ! Your Brother is a JW? I grew up with a few of them, also with Roman Catholics and SDA's.

I mean no harm while posting what I'm going to post, I understand you were doing a comparison study on the two religions? correct?

I have noticed that they both Have a foundation of Jesus that to me is the same with a few exceptions.

They both teach that Jesus existed as "Christ" or "Jesus" before the New Testament.

While the Jw's do not recognize Jesus as being God the Sda's recognize him as The God who became man to act as a contact point between us and God.

The exact wording is this as found in 27 Fundamental beliefs book of the seventh Day Adventist Page 24 sixth paragraph under the title " A Working Relationship"

" Gods point of contact with humanity was and is through Jesus Christ-The God who became man."

They have made a distinction here, at the begining of the sentance you find God, Then it states that Jesus is also "a God", The God who became man. Here you have two Gods.

The seperation here is apparent, and sets the stage for his existance in the O.T before the N.T scriptures say he was manifested.

Here you see this again.
On page 25 of the same book 4th paragraph under " focus of salvation"

"Christ became man to die for the race"

Christ means annointed one, messiah, "Christos"in Greek.

They are simply stating here that Christ existed as Christ before the N.t and Manifested himself, Read I Tim 3:16 and I John 3:5 and compare.

That is all for now,

In peace and with respect, always in respect

Searching

Re: Some Beliefs of the Jehovah's Witness Church #38947
12/30/01 03:35 PM
12/30/01 03:35 PM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Welcome, Searching, to Maritime SDA OnLine.

That is an interesting display name you are using.

Does that mean you are searching for the truth as it is found in the Bible? In a sense, there is more truth in there for us all to find.

Back to this topic:

The JWs believe that Jesus Christ was a created being made into "a god" which makes me wonder what their concept of "a god" is? Does it mean that they believe other created beings can become "a god" also?

They don't believe that the Holy Spirit is a person in the same sense that they believe Jehovah is or any created being is. They refer to the Holy Spirit as a force.

We in the SDA Church believe that Jesus Christ was not a created being but existed along with Jehovah throughout all eternity, without beginning and without end.

We also believe that the Holy Spirit is a person who has an intelligence of His own as Jehovah and Jesus Christ does.

Now it is obvious to me that Jesus Christ didn't use the name Jesus Christ prior to His first advent. What name do you suppose He used?

[ December 30, 2001: Message edited by: Daryl Fawcett ]

Re: Some Beliefs of the Jehovah's Witness Church #38948
12/30/01 07:01 PM
12/30/01 07:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi "searching"

Your questions are welcome...that's what this thread is for.

I would like to try to clarify something before I answer - as I have put my foot in my mouth before, by answering people too soon.

I have just a question or three, and then I will await your reply, before answering.

1) Are you thinking that the SDA Church teaches the same as JW's on the nature/name of Christ?

2) Do you see the explanations of our beliefs in the 27 FB's book on the nature Christ, as accurate?

3)What are you hearing within this thread, that you could say: a) I disagree; b) I agree? Can you give a summary of what your belief is, in regards to the nature of Christ?

Well, I stuck to my three questions, so I had better stop. Look forward to hearing from you.

Re: Some Beliefs of the Jehovah's Witness Church #38949
12/30/01 10:19 PM
12/30/01 10:19 PM
S
Searching  Offline
New Member (Starting to Post)
Va
Hi and thanks for the welcome,

The name "searching" is what I chose because i am searching for the Path to the Lord.

My belief is Jesus's name in the O.T was the "Word" in accordance with John 1:1. He was Gods audible word, The word which is true, pure, righteous, good ,everlasting and never changing. The Word he created the world by. God manifested himself into Flesh in accordance with prophecy and was preached to the Gentiles, seen by The angels in accordance With 1 Timothy 3:16.

He did this to take away our sins, in accordance with I John 3:5. Thus "Jesus" is God, God's "Word" made flesh.

Do you have the 27 Fundamental beliefs book ? those sentances I put in my last post came from that book. It's kind of hard to talk about stuff if the other person doesn't have access to the same material.

In peace and with respect

Christy

Re: Some Beliefs of the Jehovah's Witness Church #38950
12/30/01 10:34 PM
12/30/01 10:34 PM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I, for one, have the same book. [Reading]

Re: Some Beliefs of the Jehovah's Witness Church #38951
12/31/01 06:29 AM
12/31/01 06:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes.

I have all the SDA books.

Re: Some Beliefs of the Jehovah's Witness Church #38952
09/20/02 02:10 PM
09/20/02 02:10 PM
Edward F Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
The Witness view of history.

http://www.heraldmag.org/olb/01%20A%20History%20of%20Chronology.htm

[ September 20, 2002, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: Edward F Sutton ]

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!