HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,593
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (ProdigalOne, dedication, TruthinTypes, Kevin H, 2 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40964
05/28/05 01:50 AM
05/28/05 01:50 AM
J
Jeff  Offline
Supporting Member 2007
Mississippi, USA
I thank the Lord for my little boy. Last week my dad passed away. I was pretty down that day and my little four-year-old seemed totally unaffected by the news. He later came up to me and asked me why I’m so sad. I said that it was because my dad—his grandpa—died today. He started to smile and matter-of-factly said, “you don’t have to worry daddy, you can talk to your dad again when Jesus comes back and wakes him up.” That explained why he seemed so unaffected by the news that his grandpa died.

It also reminded me of:

Quote: from 1Th 4:13-18 NASB
But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. (14) For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. (15) For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. (16) For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. (17) Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. (18) Therefore comfort one another with these words.

Jeff
Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40965
05/28/05 01:19 PM
05/28/05 01:19 PM
Jan  Offline
Ohio
It's wonderful to see a little one being raised with such an unwavering faith in God. Your post is a blessing, Jeff. So sorry about your Dad.

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40966
06/01/05 01:05 PM
06/01/05 01:05 PM
Angie Street  Offline OP
Michigan
I am terribly sorry about your dad, too, Jeff. When I read what your little boy said to you, it made me think about a story I heard one time. A woman and her little boy lived next door to an older man who had just lost his wife. The little boy went over to sit with this man. The boy climbed up in his lap and sat there for hours, while the man cried. Mom asked her son what he said to the older man, his reply? "I didn't say anything, I just sat there and helped him cry." [Smile] Sometimes, that's all we can do, help someone cry. Your little boy is a special one, Jeff. We'll be praying for you.

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40967
06/09/05 12:55 PM
06/09/05 12:55 PM
Angie Street  Offline OP
Michigan
Well, yesterday, I called the unemployment office to find out if I am going to receive unemployment benefits, and I was told that because I was technically fired from my job, it could be 6 to 8 weeks before I get the benefits, if I get them then. The reason I was let go is because I told them that I was stressed in my position and asked if there was a less stressful position I could take, they tried to find one for me, but they couldn't, so they ended my assignment. Please, remember me in your prayers. I am feeling downhearted at this time. I still know and am firmly holding onto the belief that God has a plan for me, I just need reassurance. Thank you all.

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40968
06/13/05 03:26 AM
06/13/05 03:26 AM
S
Stephanie Suranyi  Offline
Charter Member
near Chicago, IL , USA
Angie, we will certainly keep praying for you! I know you know this already, but I'm gonna say it anyway.... There is a reason this has happened. While we don't know what it is, yet, God is in control. We are learning that the hard way ourselves. The ignition switch went in our car, so Dave has to take the part out and start the car with a screwdriver every day until we get the new part...which could be Monday or Tuesday. Unfortunately, the money we need to use for the part is the money we had set aside to pay the remainder of our security deposit. I called the office and explained the situation and they are ok with it. I told the woman that we need to get the car fixed so we can get more money to pay to them. She agreed and even told me that if she had driven herself to work, she would have let Dave use her car to go get the part (the store didn't have it in stock so we have to wait). Now THAT's TRUST! Anyway, I figured I'd let y'all know what's going on in MY life as well. We are doing well, but only by the grace of GOD!

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40969
06/13/05 06:41 PM
06/13/05 06:41 PM
Angie Street  Offline OP
Michigan
Well, I have an interview at the county courthouse on Thursday. I applied for a court clerk position. I don't know what the pay is, but I imagine it is pretty good. Please pray for this interview. I'm nervous. I always seem to stumble when I am in an interview. But, most of all, pray for God's will for this interview.

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40970
06/17/05 05:51 PM
06/17/05 05:51 PM
Angie Street  Offline OP
Michigan
Well, I have a feeling that God answered our prayers for this interview with a big "no." The interview went, well, let's just say not so good. I stumbled, bumbled and just didn't make a good impression. Wasn't much I could do, when they asked me a question, I had to think of an answer and I said "um" a whole lot more than I wanted to. I hate that word! [Razz] Also, I found out that this position is more stressful than my previous job, from which I was let go... I doubt that they will call me for a second interview and even if they do... I don't know that I will take it. The stress of my previous job was coming home with me and affecting my family life. I was yelling at my kids more often and I was always mad at my husband... Not the sort of family life I want, at all. Please continue praying for me, maybe there will be another position at the courthouse or other state buildings that I could handle. Either way, I only want God's will in th is. It isn't worth it to have a job if it isn't what God wants me to be doing. I'll just have to wait and see.

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40971
06/19/05 04:17 PM
06/19/05 04:17 PM
S
Stephanie Suranyi  Offline
Charter Member
near Chicago, IL , USA
Angie,
I am so sorry the interview didn't go very well. But, like you said, it's in God's hands. whatever will be, will be.....

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40972
06/19/05 07:05 PM
06/19/05 07:05 PM
John H.  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
North Carolina, USA
Angie, could you possibly get your former employer to change the status of your 'separation' from getting fired to getting laid off? That way your unemployment could get sped up. Just a thought.

Jeff, sorry to hear about your Dad, but it sounds like you have good hope of seeing him again. I'm afraid my Dad will be raised 1000 years later unless he had some miraculous last-minute deathbed conversion, which I doubt. Oh well. That much more reason for working with Mom these days!

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40973
06/21/05 01:10 PM
06/21/05 01:10 PM
Angie Street  Offline OP
Michigan
Hi John. I wish that I could get them to change it, but they don't seem willing to get anything sped up as far as a determination for my unemployment. Even when I was working there, they were very slow about getting regular, everyday things done. I'm just going to hang on to God and trust that He will provide what we need, when we need it.

As for working harder with your mom, isn't that why we are all here? We need to pray for a lot of moms and dads that are still on this earth, but miles from the One who really loves them. I'll be praying for your mom, please pray for my mom. My sisters and I need to be working harder on her, too.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Israel/Hamas Support and the Image of the Beast
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 11:21 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 10:58 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!