HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 2,850 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
I'm thankful to God for... #40954
02/05/05 09:10 PM
02/05/05 09:10 PM
Angie Street  Offline OP
Michigan
I have no problem starting this topic. I am so thankful to God for everything that He has given to me. Last year, in April, we were told at my job that they were downsizing. I worked in a rebate center that processed rebates for Sears. I'm assuming everyone has heard of Sears. Probably shouldn't but I am anyway. So, they tell us this. I am told by my supervisor that it would be a VERY good idea to start putting out feelers for other job opportunities in the area. Now, I live about 25 miles north of Berrien Springs, MI, USA. There aren't that many job opportunities around here. I stayed there, didn't actively pursue any jobs that were advertised, I figured God had something in mind for me and I would just be patient. Well, in early August, I heard that Whirlpool Corporation was hiring for customer service reps. Someone upstairs was nudging me. I mailed my resume to them. They lost it. I e-mailed it to them. They couldn't open it. I was getting frustrated. I FAXED my resume to them. I wasn't going to do anything else with it. If they didn't get it this time, that was it. I would get the hint. Well, they called me the next day. My daughter just happened to have been up all night sick, so I couldn't go to my job at the rebate center. I was the one who got up with her through the night. I didn't get much sleep. Whirlpool called and I went in for an interview that day. I thought it went very well. They said I would hear from them. I waited a day, didn't hear anything. Now, it's Thursday. I am getting antsy. They call me Thursday night, they want me to start working Monday. I haven't given 2 weeks notice yet! I asked her if there was any way that I could do this, she said they needed me Monday. I said ok. I gave my notice. I have been at Whirlpool for almost 6 months now. I started on a shift that was 12:15pm to 9pm. I was given the shift of 8am-4:45pm on Fridays. Their hours of operation were from 8am-9pm, M-F. That wasn't exactly what I had in mind when I started working there, but I just kept at it. It was hard at first to get used to only seeing my son for about an hour a day. In mid-December, we had a meeting, the whole department where I am. Kathy, who is the head of our department, said that she had a Christmas gift for us. (I still tear up when I think about this!) She said that starting January 1, 2005, their hours of operation were changing. They said 8am-6pm, M-F. I turned and looked at my friend, who also worked with me at the rebate center, and asked her to verify that they just said that. She said yes, they did say that. I cried and cried. I had been spending an hour A DAY with my son! I was finally going to be able to spend more time with him! One of my other friends, who also worked with me at the rebate center, was sitting in front of me. She turned around and gave me her full package of pocket tissues. Said she didn't want them back. I couldn't tell you what else was discussed in that meeting. I praise God for giving me that gift. And, here I sit, crying again. Thank you, Jesus, for all the gifts You give me everyday! You are awesome!

God bless you all! Hope to hear your stories too!

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40955
02/06/05 04:48 AM
02/06/05 04:48 AM
debbie  Offline
Dedicated Member
USA
Angie, the Lord is so good to you. His gifts are so big and so overflowing! He knew exactly what your little mother-heart needed!!!

Thanks for sharing this experience. It has really encouraged me so much!

Debbie

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40956
02/28/05 11:24 AM
02/28/05 11:24 AM
E
evejane  Offline
Posting New Member
Taoyuan City, Taiwan
I thanked the Lord for the gift of Salvation, that He died on the Cross for me. I want to praise Him for His goodness that He extended it to my cousin Rose. Rose was suffering from breast cancer, although she was my first degree cousin but we are not that close because they refuse to mingle with us , as it is prohibited in their church(Church of Christ). They regard church members are their own family members, never attending our family reunion, but regarded as strangers. One year ago, her church members neglected her when she was diagnosed to have terminal stage breast cancer. She called me and asked help, yet never mentioned about religion as it is very sensitive issue to her, I just helped her financially, until one week ago, she called me again to ask me send her money, which I did, but telling her I will send an SDA pastor to give her Bible STudies whom she dont refused, I urged my SDA Pastor friend to give her Bible Study immediately fearing she will die very soon. Bible study was given, and she accepted Jesus as her personal Savior, and willing to be baptised, but because of her condition, the Pastor just anointed her, and after 4 days, (today) she died in Christ. That when the trumpet will sound at Christ command, she will see Jesus face and she will be with Him for eternity. I praise the Lord.

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40957
03/07/05 12:35 AM
03/07/05 12:35 AM
Angie Street  Offline OP
Michigan
Amen to that. God works in wonderfully mysterious ways, doesn't He? I don't doubt that Rose will see Jesus again. Thanks for posting a reply, I was beginning to think that nobody has anything to be thankful for. I know my blessings from God would fill a cup to overflowing. [Smile]

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40958
03/09/05 04:28 AM
03/09/05 04:28 AM
S
Stephanie Suranyi  Offline
Charter Member
near Chicago, IL , USA
Angie, you know all the blessings we have received. Every time I think to write about them, they all get jumbled in my mind...I'll try to write them down now, and hope they don't get jumbled...

Two years ago, Davey, my son was diagnosed epileptic and put on meds. He went to the neurologist a couple weeks ago and the doctor said we can talk with his new doctor (after we move) about getting him off the meds. I am nervous about this, but I know that if he has seizures after getting off the meds, then he will be put back on them. I just don't like the idea of my son suffering thru a seizure! It's bad enough at any age, but really hard to handle a toddler/pre-schooler having this problem. But, I know that God doesn't give us more than we can handle!

Which brings me to my next point. My husband was accepted at a school near Chicago. He is so worried that we won't have the money to live there and that He won't have the financial aid needed for school. I keep telling him..... EVERY DAY..... that if he is meant to go to this school, everything will work out. Don't worry about it...In the beginning, it was if you are meant to go here, you will be accepted.... a week later, he got his acceptance letter...now he is worried about the funds. I keep telling him it'll all work out according to God's plan. We have things all set for our move. We were accapted at an apartment complex. Everything is falling into place. I just think he doesn't like to wait! [Wink] Angie, you know how "patient" he is! [Animated Laughter]

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40959
03/08/05 05:06 PM
03/08/05 05:06 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I am thankful for the following promise that all those who love the Lord can claim:

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
No matter what is happening to us, if we love the Lord, then we can claim this promise. [Smile]

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40960
03/09/05 11:22 PM
03/09/05 11:22 PM
Jan  Offline
Ohio
I am just so thankful for the blessed hope. Years ago, a member of my husband's family gave us a book - Planet in Rebellion by George Vandeman. He said he prayed about how to reach us and was impressed to say nothing, but just give us the book. I was the one holding back, because I was raised in another church. Within one week we began attending church and never looked back. Over the last decade tragedy has struck my husband's family in the form of an illness that has affected, so far, two generations. It is hard watching loved ones become afflicted, and eventually losing them, but the Lord has sustained us through all of this; I can't imagine how people can get through something like this without the blessed hope. It just shines through the grief you feel and banishes the feeling of finality. It really helps so much to know that God is in control, His plan is the best there could be, and he always keeps His promises.

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40961
03/12/05 08:59 PM
03/12/05 08:59 PM
Angie Street  Offline OP
Michigan
Isn't He amazing? I see every day in my family how He is working on our hearts. He has wonderful ways of reaching people when we normally wouldn't say or do anything. He impresses on us what we need to do or say. His love is amazing, and never fails. I think of the lyrics of a Contemporary Christian song I hear all the time on the Christian radio station here: I am a flower, quickly fading, here today and gone tomorrow, a vapor in the wind, still You hear me when I'm calling, You catch me when I'm falling, I am Yours. We are all His, He just waits for us to say yes. I'm in one of those thoughtful moods today, we had FOUR people baptized in our church today. Praise God! I always get emotional about that. [Big Grin] All of you have a blessed Sabbath and a great week!

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40962
05/27/05 12:03 PM
05/27/05 12:03 PM
Angie Street  Offline OP
Michigan
Well, here I am, again. I just want to praise God for my situation right now. I know He has a plan for me. I just recently was taken off assignment at Whirlpool. It may not seem like I should be happy about this, but I have been battling with depression over my job for a while. This removal from my assignment has been a positive thing for me. The reason is because, now, I can concentrate on finding just the job that God has for me. It has been a week since my last day of work. I used to come home with tension headaches every day. Those headaches are gone. I praise God for this. I know He has a plan for me, that obviously doesn't include working in the call center at Whirlpool.

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40963
05/27/05 08:20 PM
05/27/05 08:20 PM
Windmill  Offline
New Zealand Christchurch
quote:
Originally posted by Angie Street:
Well, here I am, again. I just want to praise God for my situation right now. I know He has a plan for me. I just recently was taken off assignment at Whirlpool. It may not seem like I should be happy about this, but I have been battling with depression over my job for a while. This removal from my assignment has been a positive thing for me. The reason is because, now, I can concentrate on finding just the job that God has for me. It has been a week since my last day of work. I used to come home with tension headaches every day. Those headaches are gone. I praise God for this. I know He has a plan for me, that obviously doesn't include working in the call center at Whirlpool.

[Big Grin] its great you can see the meaning behind losing your job. I'd probably just start having more tension headaches being out of a job and not see the good in it [Razz]

I'd like to thank God for helping me through a rough spot in my life recently with my "friends". Also for helping me sleep ^^

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40964
05/28/05 01:50 AM
05/28/05 01:50 AM
J
Jeff  Offline
Supporting Member 2007
Mississippi, USA
I thank the Lord for my little boy. Last week my dad passed away. I was pretty down that day and my little four-year-old seemed totally unaffected by the news. He later came up to me and asked me why I’m so sad. I said that it was because my dad—his grandpa—died today. He started to smile and matter-of-factly said, “you don’t have to worry daddy, you can talk to your dad again when Jesus comes back and wakes him up.” That explained why he seemed so unaffected by the news that his grandpa died.

It also reminded me of:

Quote: from 1Th 4:13-18 NASB
But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. (14) For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. (15) For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. (16) For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. (17) Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. (18) Therefore comfort one another with these words.

Jeff
Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40965
05/28/05 01:19 PM
05/28/05 01:19 PM
Jan  Offline
Ohio
It's wonderful to see a little one being raised with such an unwavering faith in God. Your post is a blessing, Jeff. So sorry about your Dad.

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40966
06/01/05 01:05 PM
06/01/05 01:05 PM
Angie Street  Offline OP
Michigan
I am terribly sorry about your dad, too, Jeff. When I read what your little boy said to you, it made me think about a story I heard one time. A woman and her little boy lived next door to an older man who had just lost his wife. The little boy went over to sit with this man. The boy climbed up in his lap and sat there for hours, while the man cried. Mom asked her son what he said to the older man, his reply? "I didn't say anything, I just sat there and helped him cry." [Smile] Sometimes, that's all we can do, help someone cry. Your little boy is a special one, Jeff. We'll be praying for you.

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40967
06/09/05 12:55 PM
06/09/05 12:55 PM
Angie Street  Offline OP
Michigan
Well, yesterday, I called the unemployment office to find out if I am going to receive unemployment benefits, and I was told that because I was technically fired from my job, it could be 6 to 8 weeks before I get the benefits, if I get them then. The reason I was let go is because I told them that I was stressed in my position and asked if there was a less stressful position I could take, they tried to find one for me, but they couldn't, so they ended my assignment. Please, remember me in your prayers. I am feeling downhearted at this time. I still know and am firmly holding onto the belief that God has a plan for me, I just need reassurance. Thank you all.

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40968
06/13/05 03:26 AM
06/13/05 03:26 AM
S
Charter Member
near Chicago, IL , USA
Angie, we will certainly keep praying for you! I know you know this already, but I'm gonna say it anyway.... There is a reason this has happened. While we don't know what it is, yet, God is in control. We are learning that the hard way ourselves. The ignition switch went in our car, so Dave has to take the part out and start the car with a screwdriver every day until we get the new part...which could be Monday or Tuesday. Unfortunately, the money we need to use for the part is the money we had set aside to pay the remainder of our security deposit. I called the office and explained the situation and they are ok with it. I told the woman that we need to get the car fixed so we can get more money to pay to them. She agreed and even told me that if she had driven herself to work, she would have let Dave use her car to go get the part (the store didn't have it in stock so we have to wait). Now THAT's TRUST! Anyway, I figured I'd let y'all know what's going on in MY life as well. We are doing well, but only by the grace of GOD!

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40969
06/13/05 06:41 PM
06/13/05 06:41 PM
Angie Street  Offline OP
Michigan
Well, I have an interview at the county courthouse on Thursday. I applied for a court clerk position. I don't know what the pay is, but I imagine it is pretty good. Please pray for this interview. I'm nervous. I always seem to stumble when I am in an interview. But, most of all, pray for God's will for this interview.

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40970
06/17/05 05:51 PM
06/17/05 05:51 PM
Angie Street  Offline OP
Michigan
Well, I have a feeling that God answered our prayers for this interview with a big "no." The interview went, well, let's just say not so good. I stumbled, bumbled and just didn't make a good impression. Wasn't much I could do, when they asked me a question, I had to think of an answer and I said "um" a whole lot more than I wanted to. I hate that word! [Razz] Also, I found out that this position is more stressful than my previous job, from which I was let go... I doubt that they will call me for a second interview and even if they do... I don't know that I will take it. The stress of my previous job was coming home with me and affecting my family life. I was yelling at my kids more often and I was always mad at my husband... Not the sort of family life I want, at all. Please continue praying for me, maybe there will be another position at the courthouse or other state buildings that I could handle. Either way, I only want God's will in th is. It isn't worth it to have a job if it isn't what God wants me to be doing. I'll just have to wait and see.

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40971
06/19/05 04:17 PM
06/19/05 04:17 PM
S
Charter Member
near Chicago, IL , USA
Angie,
I am so sorry the interview didn't go very well. But, like you said, it's in God's hands. whatever will be, will be.....

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40972
06/19/05 07:05 PM
06/19/05 07:05 PM
John H.  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
North Carolina, USA
Angie, could you possibly get your former employer to change the status of your 'separation' from getting fired to getting laid off? That way your unemployment could get sped up. Just a thought.

Jeff, sorry to hear about your Dad, but it sounds like you have good hope of seeing him again. I'm afraid my Dad will be raised 1000 years later unless he had some miraculous last-minute deathbed conversion, which I doubt. Oh well. That much more reason for working with Mom these days!

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40973
06/21/05 01:10 PM
06/21/05 01:10 PM
Angie Street  Offline OP
Michigan
Hi John. I wish that I could get them to change it, but they don't seem willing to get anything sped up as far as a determination for my unemployment. Even when I was working there, they were very slow about getting regular, everyday things done. I'm just going to hang on to God and trust that He will provide what we need, when we need it.

As for working harder with your mom, isn't that why we are all here? We need to pray for a lot of moms and dads that are still on this earth, but miles from the One who really loves them. I'll be praying for your mom, please pray for my mom. My sisters and I need to be working harder on her, too.

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40974
06/29/05 02:17 AM
06/29/05 02:17 AM
Angie Street  Offline OP
Michigan
Well, I had a job interview today. Had a message on our voicemail yesterday from a company I faxed my resume to yesterday. The lady wanted me to call her to set up an interview, so I called today at 8 am and she set up an interview for 11:20. I got there a bit early, filled out the application and then was interviewed. I have a pretty good feeling about this one. On the application, it asked if there was any time I was not available. Of course, I put down that I am not available after 5 pm on Fridays or at all on Saturdays. When Pam was interviewing me, she asked if I was Adventist, not Seventh-day Adventist, just Adventist. I told her I am. She said that wouldn't be a problem, they have several Adventists who work there. Then, she told me that the owners, actually, are Adventists. Get this, their hours of operation are Monday-Thursday 8-4:30 and Fridays 7:30-4, so they have time to prepare for the Sabbath. Wouldn't that be awesome?! Anyway, I will probably hear from them by the end of this week. Please continue praying for this. Thanks, all!

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40975
06/30/05 03:02 AM
06/30/05 03:02 AM
S
Charter Member
near Chicago, IL , USA
Absolutely Angie! We will continue to keep you in our prayers!

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40976
06/29/05 08:48 PM
06/29/05 08:48 PM
John H.  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
North Carolina, USA
Sounds like Somebody led you there, ya reckon? [Smile]

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40977
06/30/05 01:41 AM
06/30/05 01:41 AM
Angie Street  Offline OP
Michigan
Yep, I do reckon... Am still waiting to hear back from them. I know that these things happen in God's time. BTW, I also got an unemployment check in the mail today! [Big Grin] Praise GOD!!! I called unemployment today to find out if a fax my mother-in-law sent to them had been received and the lady told me that the fax was not showing in the computers, but that there was a check issued yesterday for the full amount, I have been declared eligible on all sides for unemployment benefits. God is so GREAT! Please continue to pray for my job situation, tho. Thanks to you all for your prayers for the unemployment!

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40978
08/05/05 01:54 PM
08/05/05 01:54 PM
Angie Street  Offline OP
Michigan
I have a job! I just got a phone call from that company. Melissa said she wants me to start on Monday. There is a definite pay cut from my previous job, but I will be getting more than I am on unemployment. Thank you for your prayers. Please pray that I will do well in this job. God bless, and have a Happy Sabbath!

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40979
10/03/05 10:56 PM
10/03/05 10:56 PM
Gerry Buck  Offline
Charter Member
Very Dedicated Member
Benton Harbor, Mi.
I read through this today, for the first time, am glad my daughters are doing som well.
Angie is established in her job, and is happy there, Steph and Dave and Davey are established in the Chicago area.
All seems to be going well with them.
Jon, perhaps your dad was in a better position than you think.
Sometimes we don't learn all their 'secrets' until.
My dad was naver one to think opr talk 'religion', and often told me I wasn't raised that way (meaning me) and he couldn't figure out why I did it.
It never registerd with me until a few days after the funeral that he had even heard anything I had said to him.
While he was in hospital for Renal Cell cancer, he was on a morphene (sp?) drip.
He made the comment he wanted to go home, but he had to have his feet washed so he could.
He became very agitated and was pulling at all the lines and tubes attached to him.
I am the oldest of 6, and the youngest is my sister, Toni.
We had the nurses bring us a basin of warm water and we comensed to wash dad's feet.
He calmed right down, and managed to get a little rest.
He woke up about an hour later, my wife said "I love you, Ed" and he responded to her that he loved her , too.
This episode didn't register on my mind at first, but, I remembered telling him about the ordinance of foot washing 'once'.
But he remembered.
Maybe he listened to more, by the grace of God, I certainly hope so.

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40980
10/06/05 09:20 PM
10/06/05 09:20 PM
Angie Street  Offline OP
Michigan
Oh, daddy, I didn't know about that. I really hope and pray that he was listening to you all that time. I have tears coming down my face right now as I type this, sorry if there are typos. I never knew he said he needed his feet washed before he could go home. I know that there isn't anything we can do at this point to try to get him into heaven when Jesus comes back, but to pray that he did accept Jesus before he died. I did know about the conversation between him and mom and how she said she loved him and he responded in kind. That stuck in my mind because he never responded like that. He always said, "Yeah." But, that was his way... Thank you, dad, I needed to hear about that.

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40981
10/06/05 10:19 PM
10/06/05 10:19 PM
S
Charter Member
near Chicago, IL , USA
Daddy,
I remember you telling us about that incident..... but, it didn't register until now what that may have meant. I pray that what you said to him DID, in fact, stick with him, and that he was asking for his feet to be washed for that reason.

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40982
10/25/05 10:54 PM
10/25/05 10:54 PM
Angie Street  Offline OP
Michigan
Anyone else amused with the fact that a 28- and 30-year old still call their dad "daddy?" I noticed that today... I guess, tho, that I have always called him "daddy." [Wink]

[Off Topic] Oh, well!

Re: I'm thankful to God for... #40983
10/27/05 12:13 AM
10/27/05 12:13 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I don't think you are really [Off Topic] as you also have your Heavenly Father to be thankful about. [Smile]

Re: I'm thankful to God for... [Re: Angie Street] #188461
02/09/19 06:57 PM
02/09/19 06:57 PM
T
Theophilus  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

Florida. USA
I had been out of the church for about 20 years. I think for some reason I started watching creation videos on you tube (Kent Hovind). Not a bible study, just some videos on the Flood.
I had retired from my job early, and got a part time job at a local retail, and was working most Sat am and pm. didn't bother me at the time, but I did start getting bothered about something else--tithe. I started paying tithe online to a local church.Again fine for awhile. One night, while, I was working, I just started crying. I wasn't sick--it was a weep. One of the customers came up to me and said "Sometimes it's best just to go home" (I swear it was an angel. )I went outside, and my family came and got me. When I got home I was still weeping, and then I asked the Lord to forgive me for all I've done. I never went back.
I started reading the Bible and chanced upon a few verses that I didn't understand such as (Who were the 24 Elders), and from this, I found Stephen Bohr. About a month later, I was starting to become very convicted of my vaping( I had started years ago,thinking it was better than smoking. It took me about a month to quit, but I did, with God's help, and don't crave anything.
So here I am. There is so much available to learn, and every time I read the Bible I find something new. It is wonderful. Still battling the old self, but we are working on it.
Thank you Lord for Your sacrifice. I am not worthy.

I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which Thou hast shewed unto Thy servant;...
Gen 32:10
Re: I'm thankful to God for... [Re: Theophilus] #188480
02/13/19 08:43 PM
02/13/19 08:43 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
All I can say is a gigantic "Amen!" thumbsup

I also wouldn't be surprised if that customer was actually an angel giving you a profund message that the Holy Spirit also used to bring conviction to your soul.
Originally Posted By: Theophilus
I had been out of the church for about 20 years. I think for some reason I started watching creation videos on you tube (Kent Hovind). Not a bible study, just some videos on the Flood.
I had retired from my job early, and got a part time job at a local retail, and was working most Sat am and pm. didn't bother me at the time, but I did start getting bothered about something else--tithe. I started paying tithe online to a local church.Again fine for awhile. One night, while, I was working, I just started crying. I wasn't sick--it was a weep. One of the customers came up to me and said "Sometimes it's best just to go home" (I swear it was an angel. )I went outside, and my family came and got me. When I got home I was still weeping, and then I asked the Lord to forgive me for all I've done. I never went back.
I started reading the Bible and chanced upon a few verses that I didn't understand such as (Who were the 24 Elders), and from this, I found Stephen Bohr. About a month later, I was starting to become very convicted of my vaping( I had started years ago,thinking it was better than smoking. It took me about a month to quit, but I did, with God's help, and don't crave anything.
So here I am. There is so much available to learn, and every time I read the Bible I find something new. It is wonderful. Still battling the old self, but we are working on it.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: I'm thankful to God for... [Re: Theophilus] #196704
10/03/23 07:34 PM
10/03/23 07:34 PM
G
Garywk  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Veteran Member
Colville, Wa
Originally Posted by Theophilus

You are experiencing righteousness by faith. You are getting to know God and He us changing you.

Jer_31:3? The LORD appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!