HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Physical & mental culture & conditioning & strength #43169
05/09/01 12:36 PM
05/09/01 12:36 PM
Edward F Sutton  Offline OP
Charter Member
Most Dedicated Member
Zanesville, OH 43701
Here is where we talk about physical conditioning and reconditioning and mental strengthening as well.

A thread on feelings and what to do with them would be helpful.

A thread on physical conditioning will soon be started.

Contributors welcome. Karen would you repost and develop your posted information on recognizing and dealing with feelings, please ? Thank You, your explanations about feelings & the muffin shop hit the nail on the head. Rarely are instructions given about how & what is practical when it comes to dealing with feelings . That explanation was quite practical.

------------------
Edward F Sutton

Re: Physical & mental culture & conditioning & strength #43170
05/10/01 03:49 AM
05/10/01 03:49 AM
M
mouse  Offline
Dedicated Member
USA
This whole experience of feelings and how to handle them came about through another event which I won't go into here.

But since that initial experience, it has come to me to try this in other areas, and it works so far in all the areas I've tried!

It gives me great hope to be led to solutions for our day to day living. The Holy Spirit is just waiting for our requests for help to enlighten our minds and give us His strength to carry through.

Reading the book by Roger Morneau called Trip into The Supernatural, which is his story of his deliverance from becoming a member of satan worshipers, also talks about this very thing.

He tells how the high priest revealed to him that satan brags about guiding people through the thoughts and feelings that he, satan, puts on them without their knowledge or consent. And the inferance I got from it was that better than 95% of our feelings and thoughts come from this enemy!

This is a shocking thing to learn!!

But since learning what I have about this, and doing what I will explain, I don't doubt any longer that we are controlled by this method to the extent mentioned.

Almost 20 years ago, when I was living in another state, I learned from a woman in our church about asking in the silence of our minds the Lord to repeat the thoughts that HE gives us.

At the time, this didn't make too much an impression on me. But it always has been in the back of my mind, and when I read Roger's book, I thought about it again.

But, until I am actually going through an experience, these things just don't seem to come home to me personally.

Since my initial experience with this, I have tried it on various thoughts and feelings that occur quite regularly in my life. And it works!!

As Ed mentioned, my experience with muffins is a very small example.

There is a muffin shop on the Mall that I pass whenever I go into the Mall. It has the most delicious fat-free muffins... however, they are made with baking powder and/or soda.
And after reading Counsel on Diet and Foods, I no longer wish to put these two substances in my body.

As I am heading up the escalator into the Mall, the thought will come into my mind about the muffins...

"It's ok... I haven't had one for awhile. I don't eat them every day."

At the same time, the strongest, almost overpowering feelings are put on me that I'm very hungry for that item and I want it and it is OK for me to have it.

My mouth is watering... I can taste them!!
And they taste good!!

In the silence of my mind, I will ask the Lord "Did you put that thought in my mind and these feelings on me? If this is from You, then leave it in my mind. If not, then take it completely away."

And just like that, it will be gone!!
And I walk right by the shop as though it isn't even there.
The thought is completely gone!! and the feelings too!!

I don't always remember to do this when strong thoughts and feelings hit me. But I am working on it.

BTW, the last time I ate one of those muffins, (I know you're going to have a hard time believing this!) it tasted really awful!! and I didn't even finish half of it!!

How's that for a Praise the Lord!!

Re: Physical & mental culture & conditioning & strength #43171
05/10/01 04:00 AM
05/10/01 04:00 AM
M
mouse  Offline
Dedicated Member
USA
quote:
End of the 2300 Days

I saw a throne, and on it sat the Father and the Son. I gazed on Jesus' countenance and admired His lovely person. The Father's person I could not behold, for a cloud of glorious light covered Him. I asked Jesus if His Father had a form like Himself. He said He had, but I could not behold it, for said He, "If you should once behold the glory of His person, you would cease to exist."

Before the throne I saw the Advent people--the church and the world. I saw two companies, one bowed down before the throne, deeply interested, while the other stood uninterested and careless. Those who were bowed before the throne would offer up their prayers and look to Jesus; then He would look to His Father, and appear to be pleading with Him. A light would come from the Father to the Son and from the Son to the praying company.

Then I saw an exceeding bright light come from the Father to the Son, and from the Son it waved over the people before the throne. But few would receive this great light. Many came out from under it and immediately resisted it; others were careless and did not cherish the light, and it moved off from them. Some cherished it, and went and bowed down with the little praying company. This company all received the light and rejoiced in it, and their countenances shone with its glory. {EW 54.2}

I saw the Father rise from the throne, and in a flaming chariot go into the holy of holies within the veil, and sit down. Then Jesus rose up from the throne, and the most of those who were bowed down arose with Him. I did not see one ray of light pass from Jesus to the careless multitude after He arose, and they were left in perfect darkness.

Those who arose when Jesus did, kept their eyes fixed on Him as He left the throne and led them out a little way. Then He raised His right arm, and we heard His lovely voice saying, "Wait here; I am going to My Father to receive the kingdom; keep your garments spotless, and in a little while I will return from the wedding and receive you to Myself."
Then a cloudy chariot, with wheels like flaming fire, surrounded by angels, came to where Jesus was. He stepped into the chariot and was borne to the holiest, where the Father sat. There I beheld Jesus, a great High Priest, standing before the Father. On the hem of His garment was a bell and a pomegranate, a bell and a pomegranate.

Those who rose up with Jesus would send up their faith to Him in the holiest, and pray, "My Father, give us Thy Spirit." Then Jesus would breathe upon them the Holy Ghost. In that breath was light, power, and much love, joy, and peace. {EW 55.1}

I turned to look at the company who were still bowed before the throne; they did not know that Jesus had left it. Satan appeared to be by the throne, trying to carry on the work of God. I saw them look up to the throne, and pray, "Father, give us Thy Spirit."

Satan would then breathe upon them an unholy influence; in it there was light and much power, but no sweet love, joy, and peace. Satan's object was to keep them deceived and to draw back and deceive God's children. {EW 56.1}

[This message has been edited by Karen (edited May 21, 2001).]

Re: Physical & mental culture & conditioning & strength #43172
05/10/01 04:33 AM
05/10/01 04:33 AM
M
mouse  Offline
Dedicated Member
USA
I know some will wonder why I put the above quote from Early Writings in here about feelings.
There are definite feelings mentioned in that quote.

I have been studying this quote now for several years. There is so much in it!!

I won't point out all the things I have noticed in it...
I don't want to spoil your fun in finding them for yourself.

But there is one thing about it that I believe is very important.
So important that I believe whether or not we attain eternal life depends upon our knowing this.

You will notice that when Jesus leaves the throne in the holy place and moves into the Most Holy, that holy place throne is not left vacant.

As Paul calls it in 2 Corinthians 11:4
For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached...

We notice that this is when the other Jesus becomes that angel of light mentioned in 2 Corinthians 11:14
And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Since satan is in this position, it is very important for us to know WHERE and to WHOM we are praying.

quote:
I saw that the nominal churches, as the Jews crucified Jesus, had crucified these messages, and therefore they have no knowledge of the move made in heaven, or of the way into the Most Holy, and they cannot be benefited by the intercession of Jesus there.

Like the Jews, who offered their useless sacrifices, they offer up their useless prayers to the apartment which Jesus has left, and Satan, pleased with the deception of the professed followers of Christ, fastens them in his snare, and assumes a religious character, and leads the minds of these professed christians to himself, and works with his power, his signs and lying wonders. {1SG 171.1}

quote:
Those who rejected the first message could not be benefited by the second; neither were they benefited by the midnight cry, which was to prepare them to enter with Jesus by faith into the most holy place of the heavenly sanctuary.

And by rejecting the two former messages, they have so darkened their understanding that they can see no light in the third angel's message, which shows the way into the most holy place.

I saw that as the Jews crucified Jesus, so the nominal churches had crucified these messages, and therefore they have no knowledge of the way into the most holy, and they cannot be benefited by the intercession of Jesus there.

Like the Jews, who offered their useless sacrifices, they offer up their useless prayers to the apartment which Jesus has left; and Satan, pleased with the deception, assumes a religious character, and leads the minds of these professed Christians to himself, working with his power, his signs and lying wonders, to fasten them in his snare.

Some he deceives in one way, and some in another. He has different delusions prepared to affect different minds. Some look with horror upon one deception, while they readily receive another. Satan deceives some with Spiritualism.

He also comes as an angel of light and spreads his influence over the land by means of false reformations. The churches are elated, and consider that God is working marvelously for them, when it is the work of another spirit...{EW 260.1}

quote:
As the priest in the holy place, directed his prayer by faith to the mercy-seat, which he could not see, so the people of God direct their prayers to Christ before the mercy-seat in the heavenly sanctuary.

They cannot behold their Mediator with the natural eye, but with the eye of faith they see Christ before the mercy-seat, and direct their prayers to him, and with assurance claim the benefits of his mediation. {ST, June 24, 1880 par. 13}

As you can see from the above, it is eternally important to know WHERE and to WHOM we are praying.

For years, I prayed to the "other Jesus" and didn't know it!!!
And many people are doing the same and don't know it either!

When I saw this, I immediately started directing my prayers to the Most Holy Place. I think that those of you who have read my prayers in this forum have noticed this and may have wondered why.

I'll tell you the truth... when I first started praying this way, I HATED it!!!
I didn't get the same kind of dramatic answers that I've been getting for years to my prayers.

But, I knew it was the correct thing to do, so I've persisted.

Oh wow!!!!

Now I wouldn't change it for anything in this world!!!!!

The answers are totally different than when praying to the "other Jesus".

It is true...
the "other Jesus" does answer prayer...
but the people who pray to him do not get guided into further truth!!
He gives much "light and power" but no sweet love, joy and peace.

It has been about 9 months now since starting to pray to the "REAL Jesus"...
and I'm beginning to know about that sweet love, joy and peace!

These are the TRUE Heavenly feelings to have.

[This message has been edited by Karen (edited May 10, 2001).]

Re: Physical & mental culture & conditioning & strength #43173
05/10/01 05:02 AM
05/10/01 05:02 AM
M
mouse  Offline
Dedicated Member
USA
Heavenly Father in the Most Holy Place with Jesus our precious High Priest,
I ask You to enlighten the minds of those who study this thread to see if this is really YOUR truth.
All I know is what I've seen and experienced; and I know that in my position I don't think I should be instructing anyone else.
All we can do is keep our eyes on YOU and ask YOU to lead and guide us into YOUR truth
in Jesus' blessed name, amen

[This message has been edited by Karen (edited May 27, 2001).]

Re: Physical & mental culture & conditioning & strength #43174
05/18/05 04:42 PM
05/18/05 04:42 PM
R
roxe  Offline
Posting New Member
USA
Thank you, mouse, for posting about your experiences with feelings.

All PRAISE to You, Jesus, for giving us insights!
This is so exciting!

I'm going to start doing this, and see what happens in my life. [Smile]

Is anyone else here doing this?
What's happened?

Re: Physical & mental culture & conditioning & strength #43175
05/22/05 03:40 AM
05/22/05 03:40 AM
Restin  Offline
Apopka, Florida, USA
So, what you're saying is that you have to make a mental picture of the tabernacle when you pray, visualizing in your imagination the Holy and most Holy places, and be sure you picture Jesus in the most Holy place? Otherwise, if you don't imagine this while you pray Jesus can't find you?

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!