HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (2 invisible), 3,115 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Can we live a Spotless Life? Is it possible? #49181
01/26/04 02:40 PM
01/26/04 02:40 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
Christ Refuted Satan's Boast That No One Could Live a Spotless Life
Letter 38, 1907

Christ came to suffer in man's behalf, for Satan had made the boast that no one could withstand his devising and in this world live a spotless life. Clothed with human nature, the Redeemer subjected Himself to all the temptations with which human beings are beset, and He overcame on every point. The record of His life is given to the world, that no one need be in doubt as to the power of the grace of God. To every soul who strives for perfection of Christian character, this world becomes a battlefield on which is fought the controversy between good and evil. And everyone who trusts in Christ will gain the victory.

Friends we are on a battlefield. The choice is ours on WHICH side we CHOOSE to be on. God's or Satan's side. We do have a choice. I pray all of us are choosing to be on the winning side and we KNOW already which side is going to win this battle, as it has already been won. The thing is are we going to be on the winning side?

Re: Can we live a Spotless Life? Is it possible? #49182
01/29/04 03:20 PM
01/29/04 03:20 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Is it possible to live a spotless life? Yes, of course. Our God is all powerful. If it were not possible to live without sinning then Satan is right about God. But praise God we can live by faith the life of Jesus - NOW!!!

Re: Can we live a Spotless Life? Is it possible? #49183
01/31/04 01:41 PM
01/31/04 01:41 PM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Can we live a spotless life? Is it possible?

Let’s the bible answer this question.

Is there anyone before the cross that had lived a spotless life? To narrow it, is there any one before the cross who was under the law’s (under the Ten Commandments’ jurisdiction) that had lived a spotless life?

In general the Gospel said that “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” – Romans 3:23. This means, in general no one is spotless, sinless and perfect.

To narrow it, no one from Israel who were under the law, was perfect and spotless, because Christ came to redeem them – Galatians 4:5. This must include Elijah and Moses who were already in heaven before redemption took place, both were sinners and law breakers before the law, saved and justified to eternal life and heaven by the grace of God through Christ redemption.

Would there be any one who were under the law of the Ten Commandments’ jurisdiction lived a perfect sinless and spotless life his whole life? Would there be any one justified by the law for his perfect righteousness obtained through perfect obedience to the law?

The Gospel of Christ says NO!!!!

If the man might live a sinless perfect life through obedience to the Ten Commandments that stands as a standard of judgment and righteousness, WHETHER WITH FAITH IN CHRIST OR NOT, the law would justify him for eternal life, because this life is the reward for his righteousness obtained through his perfect obedience to the law – Leviticus 18:4,5; Romans 10:5.

If this man is justified, the Gospel said that Christ is dead in vain, his redemptive work means nothing; he fell away from grace – Galatians 2:21; 5:4.

Conclusion I:
No man might live a spotless, sinless perfect life during his whole life, not through his obedience to the law, which of course means that his obedience is not perfect, in other word, before the law he is a law breaker and sinner that deserve to die. This make him must depend on the redemptive work of Christ for his salvation and on the work of the Spirit through faith for his righteousness that allows him to enter heaven.

Conclusion II:

This man is righteous and FIT to enter heaven, to see God and live with him, because, firstly he was saved to eternal life through Christ redemption that justify him in his sins (Christ imputed righteousness) and secondly, because he was made righteous through the work of the Spirit that did the willing and the doing of God in him; that shed abroad the love of God in his heart. But if he is under the law, before the law he stands as a sinner and law-breaker for sure and the law could not justify him.

I understand Mike view, but I am against him, for the Gospel clearly say that no man might be justified by the law because no man is righteous before the law, this condition is only for those who were under the law, who were obliged to keep and obey the law where the law of the Ten Commandments would judge them for it is God’s standard of judgment and righteousness. The law could not justify them because no one has a perfect obedience that fulfill the law demands ever since he came under the Ten Commandments’ jurisdiction.

Justification is only by faith, for through faith a believer was made righteous by the Spirit who did in him God’s will and perform it – Philippians 2:13.

But, during his life time, within this believer there is a constant war between the flesh and the Spirit – Galatians 5:16,17; each urging to take the control of his body and mind, and since this believer has a free will choice while Satan is still alive, he could not perform a constant will to follow the Spirit, therefore the Gospel said: No man might ever be justified by the law ever since he came under the law’s jurisdiction, because it is guaranteed that this man would sin, even once in a lifetime, but this is enough to make him a law=breaker and the law could not justify him. Otherwise, as the Gospel said, Christ died in vain and he is fallen from grace.

Meanwhile, if he lived with faith and walked after the Spirit and not under the law’s jurisdiction, the grace of God would forgives his sins and remember it no more, he is not under condemnation for he is not under the law’s (Ten Commandments’ judgment) – Galatians 5:18; Romans 6:14.

“If righteousness might come by the law, Christ died in vain”; since he has died 2,000 years ago, no man who came under the Ten Commandments’ jurisdiction ever since might get the law’s justification, for he is surely not perfect and spotless. The fact that Christ came and died to redeem men is enough to convince us that no man might be justified by the law through his obedience, otherwise he would be justified to eternal life and Christ died in vain.

In His love

James S.

Re: Can we live a Spotless Life? Is it possible? #49184
01/31/04 01:53 PM
01/31/04 01:53 PM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
The Gospel said that we are saved by grace through faith.

By God’s grace through Christ redemption, all men were justified to eternal life. They were justified in what they are, but God sees and accepts them as sinless and perfect “in Christ”, I think this is what is called “the imputed righteousness of Christ”, his righteousness that covers our sins; his robe of righteousness.

By God’s grace that forgives our sins during our life time walking in the Spirit with faith in Christ, we would be justified by our faith in him, for through this faith, we were made righteous and FIT for heaven. We do not enter heaven covered with Christ righteousness that hides our sins within, but we enter heaven as righteous as we are. We were made righteous because it is the Spirit who imparts the love of God in our hearts, enabling us to love our fellowman. This is I think what is called “Christ imparted righteousness.”

So, I saw it this way; that humanity were justified to eternal life by the imputed righteousness of Christ and justified to heaven by the imparted righteousness of Christ.

The first justification happened at the cross of Christ and the last one happens at the Judgment day.

In His love

James S

Re: Can we live a Spotless Life? Is it possible? #49185
01/31/04 01:56 PM
01/31/04 01:56 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
Praise God that the lie Satan has deceived so many with has been refuted by Jesus Christ Himself. Who would want to make light of what Jesus came to do and did do while on this earth for us by saying that we cannot overcome ALL sin? Those that say it is not possible to live a life in the steps of Christ are making a mockery of Jesus' life here on Earth and His death on the Cross. If we are not able to live this life we should not dishonor God by saying it is not possible. This is dishonoring what has been done for us. We should have the guts enough to just admit it is just because we love whatever it is that we are doing more than we love Jesus, and not say it is not possible to do something that Jesus came and proved beyond a doubt we can do, in His strength.

Re: Can we live a Spotless Life? Is it possible? #49186
01/31/04 02:02 PM
01/31/04 02:02 PM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Mike wrote:

Is it possible to live a spotless life? Yes, of course. Our God is all powerful. If it were not possible to live without sinning then Satan is right about God. But praise God we can live by faith the life of Jesus - NOW!!!
Unquote.

Can you please clarify what do you mean with: Satan is right about God?

Are we saved by God’s grace that includes a justification to eternal life through Christ redemption and justified to heaven by faith where the grace of God forgives our sins, or are we saved and justified because we are able to live without sinning, which means, for those who were under the law (as you were), we earn life through our obedience to the law and justified by the law?

In His love

James S.

Re: Can we live a Spotless Life? Is it possible? #49187
01/31/04 07:17 PM
01/31/04 07:17 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Yes, Ephesians 2:8-10 says:

quote:

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works,
lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

What unto good works are we created in Christ Jesus to do?

The lesson study guide for Tuesday, January 27, 2004 speaks to the issue of the relationship of faith and works.

The question there is, What do these texts say about the relationship between faith and works? Isa. 58:1-12, John 15:5, James 2:22.

This passage in James really spoke to me in relation to the above question:

quote:

James 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works,
when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

I know what the above verses are telling me that I especially emphasized in bold using both red and black colors.

What are they telling you?

Re: Can we live a Spotless Life? Is it possible? #49188
02/01/04 09:48 PM
02/01/04 09:48 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
I agree with Avalee - anyone who says Jesus cannot empower us now to live without sinning is crucifying Christ afresh. Jesus came to accomplish many things, one of them was to save us from sinning and to destroy the works of the Devil. See Mat 1:21 and 1 John 3:8. This, perhaps more than anything else, is proof Jesus is God.

Re: Can we live a Spotless Life? Is it possible? #49189
02/03/04 04:20 AM
02/03/04 04:20 AM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
Amen Mike....it is hearbreaking to read stuff like that about how we do not have to obey completly what God says....How could anyone who claims to love Jesus beleive that they do not have to follow in His footsteps....How very very sad.

quote:
A High Standard
Page 41
Maranatha

And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the Lord am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine. Lev. 20:26

I also saw many do not realize what they must be in order to live in the sight of the Lord without a high priest in the sanctuary through the time of trouble. Those who receive the seal of the living God and are protected in the time of trouble must reflect the image of Jesus fully.

I saw that many were neglecting the preparation so needful and were looking to the time of "refreshing" and the "latter rain" to fit them to stand in the day of the Lord and to live in His sight. Oh, how many I saw in the time of trouble without a shelter! They had neglected the needful preparation; therefore they could not receive the refreshing that all must have to fit them to live in the sight of a holy God. Those who . . . fail to purify their souls in obeying the whole truth . . . will come up to the time of the falling of the plagues, and then see that they needed to be hewed and squared for the building. But there will be . . . no Mediator to plead their cause before the Father. Before this time the awfully solemn declaration has gone forth, "He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still."

I saw that none could share the "refreshing" unless they obtain the victory over every besetment, over pride, selfishness, love of the world, and over every wrong word and action. We should, therefore, be drawing nearer and nearer to the Lord and be earnestly seeking that preparation necessary to enable us to stand in the battle in the day of the Lord. Let all remember that God is holy and that none but holy beings can ever dwell in His presence.

We are today to watch that we offend not in word or deed. . . . We must today seek God and be determined that we will not rest satisfied without His presence. We should watch and work and pray as though this were the last day that would be granted us. How intensely earnest, then, would be our life. How closely would we follow Jesus in all our words and deeds.

Re: Can we live a Spotless Life? Is it possible? #49190
02/03/04 12:18 PM
02/03/04 12:18 PM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
I think all of you that commented on my post have again missed the point.

I didn’t say that we enter heaven as sinners, I agree that we enter heaven spotless and sinless for we have a righteousness that is done by the Spirit in us who lived with faith and walked after the Spirit.

But what I meant is, that even we are righteous perfect, spotless and sinless when we enter heaven because that is the requirement to see God and live with him, before the law we are law-breakers because we did sin in our past life from the day we accept Christ through faith as our Redeemer and Savior, or from the day we were reborn in Christ.

What I don’t believe and is supported by the Gospel of Christ is that we could not live a perfect sinless life since the day we were baptized into Christ till the end of our day. The Gospel said that we could not continually live a perfect sinless life and has a perfect obedience to the Ten Commandments without sinning, otherwise we would be justified by the law and Christ died in vain, because the law would justify us to eternal life as the reward of our perfect obedience that stands against the redemptive work of Christ.

If you don’t agree with me, now, I am asking honestly to you all; who of you that dare to say that you have a perfect sinless life till this day ever since you were baptized into Christ? Who of you that dare to say you never sinned?

If you say that you have sinned, even once in your whole life, that is enough for the Law not to justify you.

In His love

James S.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!