HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,596
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, 2 invisible), 2,974 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Coming Events Clearly Revealed #49304
06/01/04 02:53 PM
06/01/04 02:53 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
Coming Events Clearly Revealed
Maranatha
Page 160

The Lord God does nothing without giving to his servants the prophets knowledge of his plans. Amos 3:7

The events connected with the close of probation and the work of preparation for the time of trouble, are clearly presented. But multitudes have no more understanding of these important truths than if they had never been revealed. Satan watches to catch away every impression that would make them wise unto salvation, and the time of trouble will find them unready.

As we near the close of this world's history, the prophecies relating to the last days especially demand our study. The last book of the New Testament scriptures is full of truth that we need to understand.

The solemn messages that have been given in their order in the Revelation are to occupy the first place in the minds of God's people. .. .

Precious time is rapidly passing, and there is danger that many will bebrobbed of the time which should be given to the proclamation of the messages that God has sent to a fallen world. Satan is pleased to see the diversion of minds that should be engaged in a study of the truths which have to do with eternal realities.

The testimony of Christ, a testimony of the most solemn character, is to be borne to the world. All through the book of Revelation there are the most precious, elevating promises, and there are also warnings of the most fearfully solemn import. Will not those who profess to have a knowledge of the truth read the testimony given to John by Christ? Here is no guesswork, no scientific deception. Here are the truths that concern our present and future welfare. What is the chaff to the wheat?

Only those who have been diligent students of the Scriptures and who have received the love of the truth will be shielded from the powerful delusion that takes the world captive. By the Bible testimony these will detect the deceiver in his disguise. To all the testing time will come. By the sifting of temptation the genuine Christian will be revealed. Are the people of God now so firmly established upon His word that they would not yield to the evidence of their senses? Would they, in such a crisis, cling to the Bible and the Bible only?

quote:
The solemn messages that have been given in their order in the Revelation are to occupy the first place in the minds of God's people. .. .
What is occuping the first place in your mind? Is it the messages given to us in Revelation? Or is it ???

Re: Coming Events Clearly Revealed #49305
06/02/04 12:02 PM
06/02/04 12:02 PM
D
danielw  Offline
Japan
More crass PR:
Time of trouble quotes
We have been blessed like no other people on earth to prepare for the time of trouble. So let's prepare!

Re: Coming Events Clearly Revealed #49306
06/03/04 03:55 AM
06/03/04 03:55 AM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
Originally posted by danielw:
More crass PR:

Daniel thank you for your link to the "time of trouble quotes from the Bible and Spirit of Prophecy.

At first I was kinda wondering where you were coming from as I did not know what crass really meant. So I looked it up in my online dicionary and it really does not sound to good except for the word I put in red font.

quote:
crass adj. crass·er, crass·est
So crude and unrefined as to be lacking in discrimination and sensibility.

crass a. [L. crassus thick, fat, gross, prob. orig., closely woven. See Grease animal fat, and cf. Crate, Hurdle.] Gross; thick; dense; coarse; not elaborated or refined. ``Crass and fumid exhalations.'' --Sir. T. Browne. ``Crass ignorance'' --Cudworth.

crass

adj : (of persons) so unrefined as to be lacking in discrimination and sensibility.

This one is from Merriam Webster online dictionary:

quote:
One entry found for crass.

Main Entry: crass
Pronunciation: 'kras
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin crassus thick, gross
1 a : GROSS 6a; especially : having or indicating such grossness of mind as precludes delicacy and discrimination b : being beneath one's dignity c -- used as a pejorative intensifier
2 : guided by or indicative of base or materialistic values
synonym see STUPID
- crass·ly adverb
- crass·ness noun

I have to assume you meant the one I have in red font above. Closely woven. It goes to show you if words that are used that simple people like me do not understand the whole meaning could be misinterpreted.

I have marked the page you have given on the time of trouble for future use. Thank you again for this page.

Re: Coming Events Clearly Revealed #49307
06/02/04 04:56 PM
06/02/04 04:56 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
Preparation for what Lies Ahead
Maranatha
Page 161

Seek ye the Lord, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the Lord's anger. Zeph. 2:3

Transgression has almost reached its limit. Confusion fills the world, and a great terror is soon to come upon human beings. The end is very near. God's people should be preparing for what is to break upon the world as an overwhelming surprise.

The "time of trouble, such as never was," is soon to open upon us; and we shall need an experience which we do not now possess and which many are too indolent to obtain. It is often the case that trouble is greater in anticipation than in reality; but this is not true of the crisis before us. The most vivid presentation cannot reach the magnitude of the ordeal. In that time of trial, every soul must stand for himself before God. "Though Noah, Daniel, and Job" were in the land, "as I live, saith the Lord God, they shall deliver neither son nor daughter; they shall but deliver their own souls by their righteousness." Ezekiel 14:20.

The last great conflict between truth and error is but the final struggle of the long-standing controversy concerning the law of God. Upon this battle we are now entering--a battle between the laws of men and the precepts of Jehovah, between the religion of the Bible and the religion of fable and tradition. We should study the great waymarks that point out the times in which we are living. . . . We should now pray most earnestly that we may be prepared for the struggles of the great day of God's preparation.

Those who place themselves under God's control, to be led and guided by Him, will catch the steady tread of the events ordained by Him to take place. Inspired with the Spirit of Him who gave His life for the life of the world, they will no longer stand still in impotency, pointing to what they cannot do. Putting on the armor of heaven, they will go forth to the warfare, willing to do and dare for God, knowing that His omnipotence will supply their need.

Re: Coming Events Clearly Revealed #49308
06/03/04 01:03 AM
06/03/04 01:03 AM
D
danielw  Offline
Japan
Sorry that "crass" was not understood. The normal meaning of:
"So crude and unrefined as to be lacking in discrimination and sensibility."
and
"1 a : GROSS 6a; especially : having or indicating such grossness of mind as precludes delicacy and discrimination "

is what i had in mind.

[Smile] Glad you liked the web site [Smile]

Re: Coming Events Clearly Revealed #49309
06/04/04 03:36 AM
06/04/04 03:36 AM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
More crass PR:
Time of trouble quotes

Sorry that "crass" was not understood. The normal meaning of:
"So crude and unrefined as to be lacking in discrimination and sensibility."
and
"1 a : GROSS 6a; especially : having or indicating such grossness of mind as precludes delicacy and discrimination "

is what i had in mind.

Well Daniel I must say I am very surprised at your choice of words. Why then you would want to post a link to such a great site when you think it is crude, unrefined, gross, as to be laking in discrimination and sensibility, etc. ? These are all very bad words to decribe the words of God from the Spirit of prophecy. Am I misunderstanding you on this? I have to tell you that I have discussed this with someone else and they are reading it the same as I am. I am sorry you feel about God's words from the Bible and the Spirit of Prophecy like this.

Re: Coming Events Clearly Revealed #49310
06/03/04 07:26 PM
06/03/04 07:26 PM
John H.  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
North Carolina, USA
Avalee, the way I read that was as if he was saying, tongue in cheek, "more shameless self-promotion." (Daniel correct me if that's wrong)

Maybe "crass" wasn't the best choice of words to use there, but I don't think he's applying it to the SOP!

Re: Coming Events Clearly Revealed #49311
06/04/04 12:57 AM
06/04/04 12:57 AM
D
danielw  Offline
Japan
The site:
Time of Trouble
is mine Avalee-san.

So instead of saying something like: "Look at my my really great web site", i said: "More crass PR". The reason i said "more", is because elsewhere on Maritime i've plugged my: EarlySDA site too.

You have contacted me before on my earlysda site, so i thot you knew i was very much a supporter of the Spirit of Prophecy. There are very few 43 year olds who have spent as much time, energy, and money as i have on spreading early Spirit of Prophecy writings. (now i REALLY am tooting my horn - yucky) [Smile]

Maybe it's a generational difference in the way words are used, and i'm sorry if this upset you in some way.

Right on target John-san! Was the site interesting to you?

Re: Coming Events Clearly Revealed #49312
06/04/04 04:04 AM
06/04/04 04:04 AM
John H.  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
North Carolina, USA
Yessir! A good resource. In fact, I think I'd seen EarlySDA a while before you arrived at MSDAOL.

Re: Coming Events Clearly Revealed #49313
06/05/04 03:38 AM
06/05/04 03:38 AM
Ikan  Offline
Very Dedicated Member
Plowing
Yep...I have to testify that Dan isn't bragging. I would gladly detail what he has been obedient to the Lord in doing, but that would spoil his humility or anger his detractors. And it would keep lurkers from looking at earlysda.com on their own.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!