HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,596
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, 2 invisible), 2,974 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Questions on Lev 15, Sex & The Sabbath #49900
01/21/06 09:35 PM
01/21/06 09:35 PM
razorren  Offline OP
Bahamas
Hi all. The topic came up in Sabbath School today as to wether or not it is right to engage in sexual intercourse on the Sabbath.
I realize that this is a touchy or emotional issue. But what does the Word of God say? Are there any councils in the SOP? And what of Leviticus 15? Is this part of the cerimonial law that no longer applies?

--Ren

Lev 15:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and to Aaron, saying,
Lev 15:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When any man hath a running issue out of his flesh, because of his issue he is unclean.
Lev 15:3 And this shall be his uncleanness in his issue: whether his flesh run with his issue, or his flesh be stopped from his issue, it is his uncleanness.
Lev 15:4 Every bed, whereon he lieth that hath the issue, is unclean: and every thing, whereon he sitteth, shall be unclean.
Lev 15:5 And whosoever toucheth his bed shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.
Lev 15:6 And he that sitteth on any thing whereon he sat that hath the issue shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.
Lev 15:7 And he that toucheth the flesh of him that hath the issue shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.
Lev 15:8 And if he that hath the issue spit upon him that is clean; then he shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.
Lev 15:9 And what saddle soever he rideth upon that hath the issue shall be unclean.
Lev 15:10 And whosoever toucheth any thing that was under him shall be unclean until the even: and he that beareth any of those things shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.
Lev 15:11 And whomsoever he toucheth that hath the issue, and hath not rinsed his hands in water, he shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.
Lev 15:12 And the vessel of earth, that he toucheth which hath the issue, shall be broken: and every vessel of wood shall be rinsed in water.
Lev 15:13 And when he that hath an issue is cleansed of his issue; then he shall number to himself seven days for his cleansing, and wash his clothes, and bathe his flesh in running water, and shall be clean.
Lev 15:14 And on the eighth day he shall take to him two turtledoves, or two young pigeons, and come before the LORD unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and give them unto the priest:
Lev 15:15 And the priest shall offer them, the one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for him before the LORD for his issue.
Lev 15:16 And if any man's seed of copulation go out from him, then he shall wash all his flesh in water, and be unclean until the even.
Lev 15:17 And every garment, and every skin, whereon is the seed of copulation, shall be washed with water, and be unclean until the even.
Lev 15:18 The woman also with whom man shall lie with seed of copulation, they shall both bathe themselves in water, and be unclean until the even.
Lev 15:19 And if a woman have an issue, and her issue in her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean until the even.
Lev 15:20 And every thing that she lieth upon in her separation shall be unclean: every thing also that she sitteth upon shall be unclean.
Lev 15:21 And whosoever toucheth her bed shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.
Lev 15:22 And whosoever toucheth any thing that she sat upon shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.
Lev 15:23 And if it be on her bed, or on any thing whereon she sitteth, when he toucheth it, he shall be unclean until the even.
Lev 15:24 And if any man lie with her at all, and her flowers be upon him, he shall be unclean seven days; and all the bed whereon he lieth shall be unclean.
Lev 15:25 And if a woman have an issue of her blood many days out of the time of her separation, or if it run beyond the time of her separation; all the days of the issue of her uncleanness shall be as the days of her separation: she shall be unclean.
Lev 15:26 Every bed whereon she lieth all the days of her issue shall be unto her as the bed of her separation: and whatsoever she sitteth upon shall be unclean, as the uncleanness of her separation.
Lev 15:27 And whosoever toucheth those things shall be unclean, and shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.
Lev 15:28 But if she be cleansed of her issue, then she shall number to herself seven days, and after that she shall be clean.
Lev 15:29 And on the eighth day she shall take unto her two turtles, or two young pigeons, and bring them unto the priest, to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.
Lev 15:30 And the priest shall offer the one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for her before the LORD for the issue of her uncleanness.
Lev 15:31 Thus shall ye separate the children of Israel from their uncleanness; that they die not in their uncleanness, when they defile my tabernacle that is among them.
Lev 15:32 This is the law of him that hath an issue, and of him whose seed goeth from him, and is defiled therewith;
Lev 15:33 And of her that is sick of her flowers, and of him that hath an issue, of the man, and of the woman, and of him that lieth with her that is unclean.

Re: Questions on Lev 15, Sex & The Sabbath #49901
01/21/06 10:01 PM
01/21/06 10:01 PM
Cheri Fritz  Offline
Gloversville, NY, USA
Dear Brother Ren,

Greetings. This is a very reasonable question. The pro-creation was created by our Creator and it was also made to be a pleasurable thing. Yet it was not created to be lusted after either.

As with all things we must be controlled by God.

But I hope this will help you:

quote:
Isaiah 58:13,14 "If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it."
Your Sister in Christ Jesus,
Cheri Fritz

Re: Questions on Lev 15, Sex & The Sabbath #49902
01/22/06 03:00 AM
01/22/06 03:00 AM
Redfog  Offline
Michigan, USA
Funny, I take great pleasure in going to church on Sabbath, is that wrong?

Our marriges are of God. I feel it is an honor to the Creator to engage in making love, on any day of the week.

Ren how far are people really willing to take those texts you offered. I don't think any of us would be willing to follow them to the letter in this day and age.

Redfog

Re: Questions on Lev 15, Sex & The Sabbath #49903
01/22/06 10:20 AM
01/22/06 10:20 AM
razorren  Offline OP
Bahamas
Thanks guys. I was sorta on in the middle of the road on this one, but the point about Adam was well noted. But again, it was a question that was raised in SS and I was not all that satisfied with the answers.

Thanks

~Ren

Re: Questions on Lev 15, Sex & The Sabbath #49904
01/22/06 10:57 PM
01/22/06 10:57 PM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
RF, at the risk of sounding a bit fanatical to some, I would not dismiss Lev 15 quite so fast. There are is actually some valuable health counsel there that would likely save many women's lives if it was followed. Men who insist on intercourse during a woman's period or shortly afterwards are compromising the health of their wives. If any of you men are doing this, try refraining as the passages suggests for seven days from the time of the first flow of blood. In most cases that means the woman has about half a week to heal after the flow stops. See if your spouse is not healthier and less prone to infections.

As for abstaining on Friday night or any other time, there is counsel in the NT about how that should be done: It should be on mutual consent for a limited time.

Re: Questions on Lev 15, Sex & The Sabbath #49905
01/23/06 01:30 AM
01/23/06 01:30 AM
Redfog  Offline
Michigan, USA
Mark I was not dismissing it out of hand, I'm just not sure my pastor would want two turtledoves nor do I think that if I lie with my wife I'm unclean until the evening. Seriously though I agree with you that there is much in what we sometimes call ceremonial laws that would lead to better health. It's just we need to be careful that we don't mix up the ceremonial aspect of the verses with the healthful aspects. Many times there was very good and practical reasons for those laws that we can learn from 3000 years after they were given.

And should not sex always be by mutual consent? Neither partner should ever be coerced into something they do not want to do IMO. And where are those NT texts? I never knew there was anything about it.

Redfog

Re: Questions on Lev 15, Sex & The Sabbath #49906
01/25/06 12:02 AM
01/25/06 12:02 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
7:4 The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.
7:5 Defraud ye not one the other, except [it be] with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency. I Cor 7:4, 5.

Re: Questions on Lev 15, Sex & The Sabbath #49907
01/25/06 01:38 PM
01/25/06 01:38 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Wasn't Adam and Eve`s wedding celebrated on Friday evening? It seems to have occurred near sunset, which means their first day of honeymoon must have been the Sabbath.

Re: Questions on Lev 15, Sex & The Sabbath #49908
01/25/06 08:49 PM
01/25/06 08:49 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Does the bible tell?

/Thomas

Re: Questions on Lev 15, Sex & The Sabbath #49909
01/26/06 11:51 AM
01/26/06 11:51 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
The last part of Gen 1 does say that both Adam and Eve were created on the sixth day. We don't know how long it was before they went on their honeymoon. I've wondered what the period of courtship was. A few hours seems short to me, but in a perfect world . . . . maybe?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!