HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (2 invisible), 3,151 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Dating and Adventism #54287
02/10/01 12:42 AM
02/10/01 12:42 AM
F
FrogSLG  Offline OP
Ohio, Columbus, USA
Hi
I just wanted everyone's opinion on this question. Please let me know if you don't understand what I am trying to ask and I will be happy to reword it for you.

Do you think Adventist should only date Adventist.......... or is Christianity the most important factor? (or in other words being on the same spiritual level or being of the same religion?) not that I am say it can't be both.........

Thanks
FrogSLG

Re: Dating and Adventism #54288
02/16/01 05:09 PM
02/16/01 05:09 PM
Jason P  Offline
California, USA
Moving to Singles section.

Re: Dating and Adventism #54289
02/17/01 04:42 AM
02/17/01 04:42 AM
W
Wes  Offline
Posting New Member
N Caralina
I might have to clasify dating. Is the time spent with this person based on friendship or is it for future plans? I have a few friends who are not SDA that I have gone out to eat with and have asked to go with me to other things. They are beautiful christain people and our friendship is something we both treasure. I personally would have a hard time considering some one for a spouse who I was not equally yoked with. Meaning I want my spouse to believe along the same lines as I do because I want to stand in church with my spouse and sing praises to God together. For me not to be united in belief is not to be united at all. It really all depends on how important your religious convictions are to you. If you will be happy to give yours up for the happiness of your spouse then you should not have any concerns about who you date as long as they are christain. If you are not willing to make a compromise then why set yourself up for problems. If the person believes similar to you in the begining you are miles ahead. There are many beautiful christain people out there who make wonderful friends though and I would say to be friends with everyone that you can. Who knows, you may be God's way for them to grow in their walk with Him. For me, I just know that I'm not willing to be more than a friend and I make sure that my choices reflect that decision.

Trust Him, He will lead you.......Wes

Re: Dating and Adventism #54290
02/21/01 10:34 AM
02/21/01 10:34 AM
zyph  Offline
Dedicated Member
Australia
I'd just like to say that the friendships in my life which are the most enduring have been with people who share the same beliefs. My closest friends have absolutely nothing in common with me, but we love each other, because we trust the Lord, and the closer we get to Him, the closer we become to each other. You will never share true intimacy if you tie yourself to someone who doesn't believe in the same major doctrines. The importance of the Sabbath as a symbol of salvation is serious stuff. If one partner disregards something as serious as this, the other partner will not be happy.

Re: Dating and Adventism #54291
04/02/01 10:34 PM
04/02/01 10:34 PM
L
lisa  Offline
gwinn mich U.S.A.
I just wanted to put in my 2 cents. I knew my x since we were in kindergarden, when we started dating it was nice, he even went to church with me. I thought that we were well on our way! I got very lonely sitting in church all by myself, especially seeing the maried couples share a hymnal or see an arm or a hand held, then latter when we had children that was not only lonely, but hard too. Then after the shock and hurt of his leaving and adultry faded, I saw what a poor choice it was from the beginning. Now I don't even consider going out with a guy unless he's sda. I want to pray with a mate, I want to sing and walk and do dishes and occasionally fight with someone who loves Jesus and shares my faith with. lisa

Re: Dating and Adventism #54292
04/05/01 09:01 PM
04/05/01 09:01 PM
Jason P  Offline
California, USA
For me, dating a none-sda would be, well, a waste of time, IF it is romantic dating like Wes was talking about. Since I cannot and willnot marry a none-sda, why should I date one?
Now as far as lunch dates and such, absolutely.

Re: Dating and Adventism #54293
05/30/03 06:39 AM
05/30/03 06:39 AM
Zita  Offline
Christchurch, New Zealand
Intersting in what you people say.I am zitas son.I am going out with a person from another religion.People would ask why.For me it is a hard question.I have made a promise to God that i will not marry another person who does not share the same beliefs as me.Here in new zealand the pro is there is a few women to go out with but they dont seem to treat you right.I am sorry to say that you get treated better by some of the women out side the church.What do you do i dont know but it seems to me that as you get older you get more empty inside.All i can say is keep praying.And it is hard i have been praying for around 2 years now but have not found a women in the church yet.I dont no where the relenship will take me but i put it in Gods hands each day.I have told her about my standards and she understands and has not put me down but i can see some prom coming up in the near future about the sabb and other issures.Happy hunting guys .God will provide

Re: Dating and Adventism #54294
05/31/03 01:16 AM
05/31/03 01:16 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Jason is no longer a single person. [Smile]

And as far as I know he married a Seventh-day Adventist Christian which is probably why we don't see him on here as much as we used to. [Smile]

I know some others, now married, who tried the non-SDA dating route but it didn't work out. God eventually led each of them to a SDA Christian and they are all now married. Two of these couples met each other at our Maritime Campmeeting. In fact, that is where I first met my own wife. [Smile]

Re: Dating and Adventism #54295
06/01/03 05:14 AM
06/01/03 05:14 AM
B
Barb Loman  Offline
Charter Member
Adelaide, SA, Australia
Hi there, [Big Grin] Call me crazy if you like but I have three singles forums. One was handed to me - I post something in two of them daily. The other one is silent where members can read each other's profiles. A few couples have met and married - and I am so thankful that I was able to bring this about with God's guidance. [Smile]

I am extremely anti dating non SDA's! I do not allow them in the forums - it's a total no no.
As a girl has said in here - there is no lonelier sight than a wife and children alone at church. My heart goes out to them. [Heart]

We are too near the end of time to play with fire.
I would rather be single anyday than married to a non SDA - We 'talk' our own lingo. Couples only date with marriage in view - There is no such thing as dating just for fun. Dating is a very serious business and not to be toyed with. [Eek!]

I don't want to sound as if I have tunnel vision but sorry, it's not on - says me - 44 years married and three married daughters - thankfully
to Adventists with one son in law doing theology.

So don't rush it - leave it in God's Hands but you do your part too. Don't sit back and do nothing and just hope that God will send someone. We have to be looking also, love in Him, Barb

Re: Dating and Adventism #54296
06/01/03 11:46 PM
06/01/03 11:46 PM
R
Robbie  Offline
New Member (Starting to Post)
New Zealand
I agree with you Barb and what you say is good but i have to ask the question what about the sdas that marry and 10 years down the track they split up.The question in my mind is how do you know that he or she is the right one for you.And then what about the people that go out with non sdas and the non sdas become christians.But that is hard as well.Because how do you know that they are telling the truth.I can see that we have to rely on God more and more.It is hard to sit and watch people tear themselves apart because of relenships even worse when it is your friend.I wish i knew the answers and i wish i had an sda girl to go out with but the last sda girl i went out with used me and then dumded me and that is not the only sda girl that i have had prom with.Sure i am not perfect but i seem to have better friends out side the church then in it.Dont get me wrong guys i am not saying drop your standads and marry and sda but it just seems to be getting harder to find a decent partner.God bless guys robbie

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!