HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Can SDA's still proclaim the 3rd Angel's message??? #62778
05/06/06 02:30 AM
05/06/06 02:30 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Just like what He did with Gideon's army.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Can SDA's still proclaim the 3rd Angel's message??? #62779
05/06/06 04:23 AM
05/06/06 04:23 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Do we argue about this or do we tell people?

Tell them what? Colin is saying we should be telling people the Gospel, that the Gospel is what the loud cry of the third angel's message is.

Colin is right. The Lord gave us the loud cry message we are to present through His servents Jones and Waggoner in 1888 and the years immediately following (1 SM 362). If we do not know what that message is, how can we possibly give it?

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Can SDA's still proclaim the 3rd Angel's message??? #62780
05/07/06 01:03 AM
05/07/06 01:03 AM
B
bethybug  Offline
Ga
I didn't mean you guys specifically argueing..I mean...I have heard this so much from church members who sit there every week in their pews "discussing it" but never DOING it!
I bet God gets tired of that too!

Re: Can SDA's still proclaim the 3rd Angel's message??? #62781
05/07/06 03:34 AM
05/07/06 03:34 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Yes, I agree that things must be very frustrating for God. God's purpose is to reveal the truth about Himself to us, but we twist His truth and make Him according to our own image. Thankfully God is infiniate gracious and patient.

Here's a statement from the Spirit of Prophecy which is interesting:

Quote:

Those who think of the result of hastening or hindering the gospel think of it in relation to themselves and to the world. Few think of its relation to God. Few give thought to the suffering that sin has caused our Creator. All heaven suffered in Christ's agony; but that suffering did not begin or end with His manifestation in humanity. The cross is a revelation to our dull senses of the pain that, from its very inception, sin has brought to the heart of God. Every departure from the right, every deed of cruelty, every failure of humanity to reach His ideal, brings grief to Him. When there came upon Israel the calamities that were the sure result of separation from God,--subjugation by their enemies, cruelty, and death, --it is said that "His soul was grieved for the misery of Israel." "In all their affliction He was afflicted: . . . and He bare them, and carried them all the days of old." Judges 10:16; Isaiah 63:9. (Ed. 263)

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Can SDA's still proclaim the 3rd Angel's message??? #62782
06/03/06 04:32 PM
06/03/06 04:32 PM
C
Colin  Offline
Active Member 2012
Very Dedicated Member
E. Oregon, USA
Quote:

Do we argue about this or do we tell people? Have we been told to keep it down a little? Should we care what we are told by the conference? Should we obey God rather than man? The message will offend some people. If things are too cushy maybe we are not doing what we should. Why are we waiting? 8 people were saved in Noahs day. God can do a lot with a few who are willing.

Well, tell it "straight" to the world while the church herself is both unwilling and at least a little confused about what's "straight"!...Give it a go if you're impressed that that's right, but I sense the church needs the loud cry clarified for her more than the world needs to hear it, just now.

Yes, the world is desperate for the good news, but the church is in more need than that...!!There is uncertainty about the 3 Angels' message and ignorance & confusion about the loud cry. As Tom reiterated for me, the 1888 message is the "beginning of the loud cry", but its power is unknown in non-Adventist Christiandom since it is unique in this world. 'We' think we can't justifiably be unique in the Reformation, but such shyness is only about 50 years old...

It appears to me better to help the church recover what she has despised so we can corporately champion the message given to Laodicea. Else she shall insist on being offended for being ashamerd of her unique message, and no-one should be hurried into being offended.

The message must go out, but one's patience with the church does depend on whether one views probatiuon as ending with or without God finishing the character building in us that is happening at present. Is the time set by the Father based purely on the gospel reaching the whole world or also set for Christ's completion of the cleansing of the sanctuary?

Re: Can SDA's still proclaim the 3rd Angel's message??? #62783
06/04/06 03:37 PM
06/04/06 03:37 PM
B
bethybug  Offline
Ga
We are to proclaim it now! Time is too short to wait for the corporate church. The stones will cry out...the children will preach if we do not. We need to do it simply and without big theatrics and complicated planning....just TELL IT!! The people that will listen the most are the ones who are in NEED....the poor, the hurting, the sick....they need it to be understandable...simple. They need us to touch them...not just tell them. To help their need...whatever it is. We do NOT need to wait! We will receive power when we put our foot in the Red Sea and ACT!

Re: Can SDA's still proclaim the 3rd Angel's message??? #62784
06/04/06 11:41 PM
06/04/06 11:41 PM
the1888message  Offline
USA
Well, if we wait for the church to give the message that they have, or should I say had, then it well never be given out again.

I have seen the Daniel and Revelation Seminars from some 30 years and they had a lot of straight truth in them. In fact, it seemed that they were using old church materials. I have seen the D&R Seminars of today and I must say that I had to walk out of the last one I went to. There was so many things that where misleading and just plain false. That I could not allow my family to sit and listen to what was being taught. It went against what the early SDA church taught and even some 30 years before.

The message has changed. Yes the church needs to be taught what the Three Angels Message and what the 1888 message is. The material is there if anyone wants it. But, the problem is you have these modern teachers and pastors that have been trained in Catholic school giving a mixed message. You also have Catholic trained teachers training the SDA new preachers and again you have a watered down message. Add to this mix the NAD Conference sending Elder and pastors to workshops put on by Willow Creek Association, which is a non-denominational church and being taught another message other than the SDA message.

The message is there in the Bible (KJV) it is there in the OLD WRITTINGS from the founders of the church. We must find again what they had. For what they had is being buried and leaders in the church have told me that it is the old message we have a new direction today.

The early SDA was from about 1848 to about 1852 the sixth church of Revelation and that church is the only one going to Heaven. The SDA church today proudly claims to be the seventh church of Revelation, (by the way any church in this position is to be vomited out) is this where we should be as Children of God?

We need to find out what they had that made them a part of the sixth church and get back to it.

Are we too wait on the GC or the Local conferences to take that step? Is this what God and His Son have commissioned the BELIEVERS to do? No, spread the message to every kindred, nation and tongue.
Please read the three Angels massage again, in fact read the entire chapter and tell me where it is that we are to wait for any denomination?

Brothers and Sisters, the time is truly to short to wait on others to do the work that God has given to His people. Study quickly and tell it to all those around you. Tell the world; repent for the hour of His judgment is at hand.

Peace and Grace

David

The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.
Re: Can SDA's still proclaim the 3rd Angel's message??? #62785
06/05/06 03:47 AM
06/05/06 03:47 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Yes, SDA's can and will fulfill the prophecy of the 3AMs as recorded in Rev 14. The church may appear about to fall - but it will not. Although we have been in the almost fallen state for some time now, nevetheless, the church will do its appointed work. But not until after the shaking and sifting of Adventism.

6T 371
The Lord does not now work to bring many souls into the truth, because of the church members who have never been converted and those who were once converted but who have backslidden. What influence would these unconsecrated members have on new converts? Would they not make of no effect the God-given message which His people are to bear? {6T 370.3}

Re: Can SDA's still proclaim the 3rd Angel's message??? #62786
06/05/06 02:36 PM
06/05/06 02:36 PM
the1888message  Offline
USA
Quote:

Yes, SDA's can and will fulfill the prophecy of the 3AMs as recorded in Rev 14. The church may appear about to fall - but it will not. Although we have been in the almost fallen state for some time now, nevetheless, the church will do its appointed work. But not until after the shaking and sifting of Adventism.

6T 371
The Lord does not now work to bring many souls into the truth, because of the church members who have never been converted and those who were once converted but who have backslidden. What influence would these unconsecrated members have on new converts? Would they not make of no effect the God-given message which His people are to bear? {6T 370.3}

You are correct the church will not fall. However, if you are referring to the 7th church (which the current sda church boasts about being) what does the Bible state? it states that it will be vomited out, unless the people change. Many pastor believe that it is the church that will change. This cannot be so for while Christ is talking to the church at the beginning of Rev 3:14 He goes on to talk to the people in the church. He does not knock on the church door but on the hearts of men. Sister White was refering to the 6th church of Revelation which is the only church that will go to heaven.

We can still be part of that church the church that the early SDA church was.

"Are we hoping to see the whole church revived? That time will never happen. R&H 3/23/1887"

Peace and Grace
David

The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.
Re: Can SDA's still proclaim the 3rd Angel's message??? #62787
06/09/06 08:57 PM
06/09/06 08:57 PM
C
Colin  Offline
Active Member 2012
Very Dedicated Member
E. Oregon, USA
Ah, the fate of Laodicea....: But David, you mistake the meaning of the AV "I will spit you out". That traditional wording hides the actual meaning of "I feel that I am about to spit you out": the True Witness is made nauseous by our lukewarmness as a body, but doesn't actually throw up - thank God.

Laodicea means victory and the message to the angel of the church ends with "be zealous and repent" in the name of God's love. You agree that the angel is the leadership....The "any man" of the next verse doesn't give up on the leadership, it seeks an inspiring leader as well as laymembers who are seeking true warmth.

You openly promote the 1888 message...: the 1888 messengers held belief in the revival of the corporate 7th church, and so should we who uphold that message. The reformation of the 6th church links with the revival of 7th, but needs the 7th's revival to experience that reformation.

Don't give up on where we are now.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!