HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (2 invisible), 3,177 guests, and 16 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 23 24
Re: Is God The Real Author Of The Bible (The Scriptures)? #69638
10/04/06 04:46 PM
10/04/06 04:46 PM
Darius  Offline
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
He does through our senses. Everytime you interact with the world you are getting messages from the one who created it.

Darius A. Lecointe, J.D., Ph.D.
No weapon formed against me shall prosper.
Re: Is God The Real Author Of The Bible (The Scriptures)? #69639
10/04/06 06:23 PM
10/04/06 06:23 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Does God speak to us through His Spirit? That is, supernaturally?

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Is God The Real Author Of The Bible (The Scriptures)? #69640
10/05/06 01:10 PM
10/05/06 01:10 PM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Quote:

It is as obvious as the nose on my face that the Creator did not write the Bible nor did He ask anyone to do so.

The Creator obviously didn't write the Bible Himself, however, the Creator DID INSPIRE the various authors of the Bible to write what they have written through thought inspiration.

You said in a later post that the Creator communicated with us through their senses. Can you expand on this and also answer Tom's question?

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Is God The Real Author Of The Bible (The Scriptures)? #69641
10/06/06 03:02 PM
10/06/06 03:02 PM
Darius  Offline
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
If God spoke to you supernaturally you would not know it because you are only able to perceive through your senses. There is only one way to get to you. Thought inspiration is something we made up to try to make our beliefs make sense but it defies all logic. Inspiration is nothing special; it is the way that all knowledge is know to all men. The text that says all scripture is given by inspiration has been over-interpreted. The text does not say that ONLY scripture is given by inspiration, even though that is what theologians would want us to believe. I'll tell you why, though. Theologians have suggested that everything that is based on sensory data can be questioned but whatever comes through revelation cannot be. It's a set up. There is no such distinction to be made. All knowledge comes through the senses. Without your senses you would not know anything. And the knowledge you get through your senses can be questioned because we don't always correctly grasp what we sense. Theologians want us to believe that those who hear from God don't make mistakes, even though there is lots of evidence against that view. We have told those lies so often that we have begun to assume they are true. Now, we are too scared to back away.

Re: Is God The Real Author Of The Bible (The Scriptures)? #69642
10/06/06 03:09 PM
10/06/06 03:09 PM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
How do you know that God speaks to us through our senses?

Did God give you a special revelation about this through your senses?
If so through which one of your senses did God give you such special revelation? I assume it wasn't through your sense of smell.

Daryl smile

Re: Is God The Real Author Of The Bible (The Scriptures)? #69643
10/06/06 04:21 PM
10/06/06 04:21 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:

If God spoke to you supernaturally you would not know it because you are only able to perceive through your senses.

This sounds like your answer to my question is "no." That is, you do not believe that God speaks to men supernaturally through His Spirit. That God only communicates to us through nature would seem to be the logical counterpoint to this. So let me ask that as a follow up question. Do you believe God only speaks to us through nature? (or though other human beings to whom God spoke through nature; God's speaking through nature would be the beginning of any communication from God is the point I'm getting at).

Just to be clear, by "speaking through nature" I mean that we perceive things about God through our senses by observation His creation.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Is God The Real Author Of The Bible (The Scriptures)? #69644
10/06/06 05:09 PM
10/06/06 05:09 PM
Darius  Offline
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
Quote:

If so through which one of your senses did God give you such special revelation? I assume it wasn't through your sense of smell.

Daryl, you amaze me. Did you question EGW's recommendation that we guard well the avenues to the soul because this is how God communicates with us? I am assuming that you are acquainted with the statement.

Re: Is God The Real Author Of The Bible (The Scriptures)? #69645
10/06/06 05:11 PM
10/06/06 05:11 PM
Darius  Offline
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
Tom, where do you think the concept of the supernatural comes from? Did God tell you that it is a concept of any value? Did you even find it in the Bible?

Let me put it to you this way. Everything is natural. There is no such thing as the supernatural. God is as natural as His creation.

If you claim that God had you over for coffee and spoke to you directly I have no quarrels with that. I would only hope that you were able to verify that it was God.

I think you should consider why God chose to reveal Himself to us by coming as a man.

Darius

Last edited by Darius; 10/06/06 05:13 PM.

Re: Is God The Real Author Of The Bible (The Scriptures)? #69646
10/06/06 05:53 PM
10/06/06 05:53 PM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Quote:

Quote:

Daryl, you amaze me. Did you question EGW's recommendation that we guard well the avenues to the soul because this is how God communicates with us? I am assuming that you are acquainted with the statement.

Yes, I am well aware of that EGW statement. The avenue to the soul is our mind, where God communicates with us, as He did to the authors of the Bible.

This week's Sabbath School study is on the veracity of the Bible. Here is a quote from that study:

Quote:

Of course, the enemy of souls works hard to turn the world away from the true God. One of his methods is to put doubt in our minds regarding the veracity of the Bible. Genesis itself comes under fierce attack. If he can undermine our faith in it, which is so foundational, how easy for him to undermine our faith in everything else.

Darius, it is obvious to me that you are being inspired to post what you post by the enemy of souls, therefore, your time at MSDAOL has just about come to an end as far as posting here goes.

Again, from this week's study comes another quote:

Quote:

Are we going to listen to the critics who come up with all sorts of "evidence" to question the historical veracity of Genesis, or do we follow the lead of those like Jesus and Paul and Peter, who showed unquestioned faith in the book? Indeed, to question the veracity of Genesis means to question the veracity of the New Testament, which time and again refers to Genesis. How reliable could the New Testament be if it were all wrong about Genesis? As we can see, once we start questioning the historical veracity of the Genesis account, the whole edifice of faith crumbles. Which, of course, is exactly what Satan wants.

Again, Darius, whether intentional or not, you are playing into the hands of the devil.

Daryl smile

Re: Is God The Real Author Of The Bible (The Scriptures)? #69647
10/06/06 05:59 PM
10/06/06 05:59 PM
Darius  Offline
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
Daryl, since you take your direction from the writers of the SS Quarterly I would consider it close to an honor for it to be your judgement that my ideas don't fit with yours.

Page 3 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 23 24

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!