HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,568
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (TheophilusOne, 2 invisible), 3,109 guests, and 15 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Characteristics of true revival and reformation [Re: Charity] #156964
10/09/13 07:57 AM
10/09/13 07:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

Peace from our Lord Jesus Christ to you all!

I want to thank God for making me reach here! Am very glad that the Lord's people can come for fellowship here and prepare their lives unto the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ! Great relief.

Thank you Brother Mark for the contribution on revival! Thanks to all the others who have given a comment or two! Mark is talking about a general awakening of the Lord's people! Am concerned that others here have driven the point to a particular palce! The message is found in acts, 17:23-31 God has tolerated our paths but now calls evry man every where unto repentence because He has appointed a day for judgement.

Two nations, have been very significant in scriptures for revival. One America- for the defense of christian fredoms all over the world and England whom the Lord has used to defend, preserve God's Truths which was kept unknown to the people over the dark ages. Because of this awakenings, the beast suffered a would that wwould not be healed. People all over the worl have been preached to and Judgment is right at our doors. I will draw you to the writting of the Kings James version Bible which has been the pillar of all God's truth and meaasge to the entire world. There are now many translations that have hidden the facts and other doctrines that continue to keep people in darkness. These are the ones that provide the healing of the Beast's wound, which Paul stell us about, 2Thesselonians 2:3-7 " Le no man deceive you by any means, for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first and that man of sin be revealed......Vs. 7 For the mystery of iniquity does work already; only he who now lets will let; until he be taken out of the way. KJV. This is where the Lord calls for greater wisdom which we should all be praying to get.

There is a self seeking attitude among different Christian groups to be okay at the current situations, they preach only on prosperity, and things of this life! but the mystery of iniquity has taken many captives including even the very elect! It will be very supprising to teach any body here! These forces that have taken away our God given gifts, of love, care, teaching, meakness have been far planned. our school systems, university, now last to our daily worship, all the enmy has strongly waged war here. Science has changed much of the christian family to live only, but a lukeworm church.

Today there are many deviations from the SDA Doctrine many SDA denominations: This seperation means that, some thing is being done which we must all be concerned about! The doctrines of the Papacy which we must have learnt about, have penetrated in many of the christian families today and many are blinded because they greatly welcome them with many reasons to! The Lord solemnly warns, " if a man worships the Beast or receives its mark, the same "shall" drink of the wrath of the wine of the Lord! This is not going to take place in North Ameriac or Englan or Japane or africa alone, but the entire human race! (World)

So, Revival calls for an awakening in Worship, fellowship, doctrine, Spiritual gifts, remembering the widows, orphans, etc. This is only when our Lord will come and say unto us, "I was hungry and you fed me, I was thirsty and you gave me a drink.

May God bless you all for the fellowship and Spiritual reminders!

Richard,
Kiboga Uganda.

Reply Quote
Re: Characteristics of true revival and reformation [Re: Charity] #183485
04/27/17 03:39 AM
04/27/17 03:39 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Quote:
A revival of true godliness among us is the greatest and most urgent of all our needs. To seek this should be our first work. There must be earnest effort to obtain the blessing of the Lord, not because God is not willing to bestow His blessing upon us, but because we are unprepared to receive it. Our heavenly Father is more willing to give His Holy Spirit to them that ask Him, than are earthly parents to give good gifts to their children. But it is our work, by confession, humiliation, repentance, and earnest prayer, to fulfill the conditions upon which God has promised to grant us His blessing. A revival need be expected only in answer to prayer.--1SM 121 (1887). {LDE 189.1}

I tell you that there must be a thorough revival among us. There must be a converted ministry. There must be confessions, repentance, and conversions. Many who are preaching the Word need the transforming grace of Christ in their hearts. They should let nothing stand in the way of their making thorough work before it shall be forever too late.--Letter 51, 1886. {LDE 189.2}

1. Urgency

"revival of true godliness among us is the greatest and most urgent of all our needs."

2. We are very low on "oil".
Oil is a symbol of the Holy Spirit.
God is more willing to give us the Holy Spirit, than are parents willing to give good gifts to a child.

3. What we must be to receive the Holy Spirit who revives and reforms us.

--In order to have a thorough revival among us, there must be a converted ministry. There must be confessions, repentance, and conversions.

There must be much prayer.

Reply Quote
Re: Characteristics of true revival and reformation [Re: Charity] #183502
04/29/17 04:53 AM
04/29/17 04:53 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
The Lord is far more interested in our fitness for His return, then we should be about timing His return.

Something needs to happen before Christ returns. Our greatest need must be met. A revival -- the out pouring of the Holy Spirit.

The coming of the Holy Spirit precedes the second coming. It is the Holy Spirit that convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment. John 16:8.

But notice something we learn from the first Pentecost in the book of Acts. The Holy Spirit did not fall on the world, it came upon a small group of believers who were praying and seeking the Lord in earnest. The Holy Spirit is sent to the church and works through these believers to reach the world.

What brought on this baptism of the Holy Spirit from which these disciples emerged empowered and equipped to witness to the world?

Reply Quote
Re: Characteristics of true revival and reformation [Re: Charity] #184933
08/16/17 04:15 AM
08/16/17 04:15 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Revival -- maybe the problem is that we are passively waiting for some great power to take hold of us and expect then to be "on fire" Christians -- when the revival needs to come BEFORE God's Holy Spirit in the latter rain can fall upon us in full measure of power?

Quote:
I saw that none could share the "refreshing" unless they obtain the victory over every besetment, over pride, selfishness, love of the world, and over every wrong word and action. We should therefore be drawing nearer and nearer to the Lord and be earnestly seeking that preparation necessary to enable us to stand in the battle in the day of the Lord.--EW 71 (1851).

We need to give more serious consideration to the command of God to come out of the world. Sometimes we think "being in the church" is enough, but sadly there is a great deal of the world within a great many inside the church -- indeed within the church itself.

Are we different from the worldling? Our speech, our dress, our habits of life, the themes of our conversations? A lot of us don't like being different, we'd rather blend in.

Yet, when we consider the issues before us, how could we ever stand up for truth when the world is against that truth, if we are so uncomfortable being "different"?

1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things [that are] in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
2:17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

The ultimate objective in the plan of salvation is to transport us bodily, literally, out of this world, away from evil and sin, and take us into another world, a heavenly world, into the association of holy beings.

So the question to ask ourselves is --
Will I miss the worldly pleasures and life style?
Am I longing to be in the company of holy beings?

Probably the most important question--
Do I today, live in the presence of God?

"Enoch walked with God; and he was not' for God took him"

Reply Quote
Re: Characteristics of true revival and reformation [Re: Charity] #192579
06/19/20 08:35 AM
06/19/20 08:35 AM
P
Pilgrim  Offline
Arizona, USA
Greetings,

One of the things I have noticed since becoming an Adventist is that we love to talk about what we need to do, as if the talking about it would help. It's as though we hope to convince others to do that which we should be doing ourselves, as if trying to convince others makes me righteous. I have seen this tendency in myself. What I have realized though is that when I allowed Christ to revive & reform myself, it had a much more profound effect upon others than just my words.

You see a revived person has an unseen influence upon all that he/she meets, for the Spirit of Christ permeates the entire person, radiating out to all he/she comes into contact with. As Ellen White said, revival & reformation is an individual work. It doesn't come from the 'church', nor the 'GC', but from being one with Christ. We've been given two messages which accomplish revival, the 'Laodicean' message message & the 'Christ our Righteousness' message. The 'Laodicean' message calls us to individual repentance, which includes a personal surrender of our entire being to live by every word that proceeds from God, both Scripture & SOP, and entire crucifixion of self & the world. The 'Christ our Righteousness' message tells us to allow Christ to fill our entire being leading us into all righteousness. Unfortunately both messages were rejected and thus cannot lead us to revival & reformation no matter how much we pray for it.

There will be no revival until we believe what God says about us, that in our religious life, in our 'playing church', we are wretched, miserable, poor blind & naked, lost in the light If & when that sinks in, we will fall at His feet in humble repentance for our 'religiosity' and open the heart so He may enter & abide in us, leading us into all righteousness.

May God bless & keep us in Christ,

Pilgrim

Reply Quote
Re: Characteristics of true revival and reformation [Re: Charity] #192591
06/19/20 09:34 PM
06/19/20 09:34 PM
N
NSPete  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

Site Supporter 2020 Regular Member
Nova Scotia
There was a serious warning given in 1893 concerning this situation.

"Today a large part of those who compose our congregations are dead in trespasses and sins. They come and go like the door upon its hinges. For years they have complacently listened to the most solemn, soul-stirring truths, but they have not put them in practice. Therefore they are less and less sensible of the preciousness of truth. The stirring testimonies of reproof and warning do not arouse them to repentance. The sweetest melodies that come from God through human lips -justification by faith, and the righteousness of Christ- do not call forth from them a response of love and gratitude. Though the heavenly Merchantman displays before them the richest jewels of faith and love, though He invites them to buy of Him "gold tried in the fire," and white raiment" that they may be clothed, and "eyesalve" that they may see, they steel their hearts against Him, and fail to exchange their lukewarmness for love and zeal. While making a profession, they deny the power of godliness. If they continue in this state, God will reject them. They are unfitting themselves to be members of His family." 6T 426.4

Last edited by NSPete; 06/19/20 09:38 PM. Reason: Needed to add proper quotation marks.
Reply Quote
Re: Characteristics of true revival and reformation [Re: Charity] #192594
06/20/20 04:56 AM
06/20/20 04:56 AM
P
Pilgrim  Offline
Arizona, USA
NSPete,

Good quote, now will any of us 'do' it? It seems almost impossible to get professing christians to admit that their 'religiosity' is not christianity, that they may be in delusion as to their true condition before God. What is the common response to being told of our wretched condition, 'no no', I am really rich & increased with 'spirituality' and don't need to repent, for the church tells me so. Yes, but Christ is not in agreement with the Church. I wonder who is right.

The first step to revival is confession to Christ that he is right, I am in delusion, I have been playing church yet didn't realize it & now I am asking Him to lead me to repentance. Without this type of communion with Christ, there can be no change, no abiding in Christ, no revival & reformation. A church that needs revival cannot lead anyone to revival. Revival comes from Christ, not the church.

Reply Quote
Re: Characteristics of true revival and reformation [Re: Charity] #192597
06/20/20 08:39 AM
06/20/20 08:39 AM
N
NSPete  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

Nova Scotia
Pilgrim, how do we get this message to take hold amongst the people of God? It seems like an individual work right now as there are no signs that a great revival is forthcoming. James White had this to say in Life Incidents pg. 212

"I think no man can go with his thoughts about him into one of our churches without feeling that what hold the public worship had on men is gone or going. It has lost its grasp on the affections of the good, and the fear of the bad. It is already beginning to indicate character and religion to withdraw from religious meetings. I have heard a devout person, who prized the Sabbath, say in bitterness of heart, "On Sunday it seems wicked to go to church." And the motive that holds the best there is now only a hope, and a waiting.

Last edited by NSPete; 06/20/20 08:41 AM. Reason: To add correct quotation marks.
Reply Quote
Re: Characteristics of true revival and reformation [Re: Charity] #192599
06/20/20 12:27 PM
06/20/20 12:27 PM
P
Pilgrim  Offline
Arizona, USA
NSPete,

II understand your concern for I to have seen no signs in the Churches. I can only look to Jesus, who sought to revive the church when He was here. There were no visible signs that anything was working, but quietly, behind the scenes, He was raising up and training His Apostles outside of the church corporate, beyond the reach of corporate influence & control. When they were ready, revival began. So I believe it is happening now, Christ is raising up men/women from the plow to be revived & lead the revival, not the church. When the Apostles were in training, they could see no revival work taking place. yet it had begun in them. Today the people are looking to the church for guidance & revival instead of Christ. This won't change until it becomes obvious that the church has left Christ. Then Christ will lead them to those leading the revival.

So it is with us my brother, we are in training, yet maybe not realizing it. Keep looking up, for when we are ready, real revival will come. Don't expect to see it in the churches though, for it won't come from there, only when it seems that the church is about to fall, that they have joined the popular churches, will the real wheat be seen & the wise virgins awake & see the need of revival. We are getting close to that time so be patient, soon we will be basking in the latter rain & praising God for revival..

God bless,

Pilgrim7 desplus67@gmail.com

Reply Quote
Re: Characteristics of true revival and reformation [Re: Charity] #192606
06/20/20 02:59 PM
06/20/20 02:59 PM
N
NSPete  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

Nova Scotia
This is my hope and I hope the prayer of all who are claiming to followers of Jesus in these days. As the SOP says,
"Thus the message of the third angel will be proclaimed. As the time comes for it to be given with greatest power, the Lord will work through humble instruments, leading the minds of those who consecrate themselves to His service. The laborers will be qualified rather by the unction of His Spirit than by the training of literary institutions. Men of faith and prayer will be constrained to go forth with holy zeal, declaring the words which God gives them." GC 606

May we all be humble servants willing to do as the Lord leads through His Spirit and may the work be finished soon. I know I am tired of sin and can only imagine how the Lord feels who sees it all.

Reply Quote
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by TheophilusOne. 04/19/24 11:14 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!