HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 39 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 38 39
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: tall73] #96249
03/05/08 03:40 AM
03/05/08 03:40 AM
T
tall73  Offline
MO
 Quote:

Sorry, I obviously was aware of the passage you quoted, but I had understood you to mean the following: “And yet EGW made particular note of Christ's ENTRY for the day of atonement ... back at His ascension,” which I found strange.

Did EGW emphasize the TIMING of the entrance?

And if so how do you reconcile that with the TIMING of Jesus' entrance described in day of atonement language in vs. 24 and 25?

Quote:

I believe the phrase “afflict their souls” just means repentance from sin. And of course it is not this fact that I am saying indicates a judgment, but the fact that those who did not sincerely repent from their sins were, on that specific day, cut off from the people. This implies, as I have pointed out, a separation, or judgment, in heaven.

Now you are altering the type. You emphasized the time coinciding. But it clearly does not for the repentance. It happens in real time.

The corporate provision of sin was made for man in the historical events of the cross and the presentation of the sacrifice.

People experience repentance real time.

We agree that the judgment, based on the response to the gift, happens at the end.

The question I am asking is when does Hebrews indicate Jesus made purification for sins? At His ascension. When does it Describe Him in Day of Atonement language entering into His Father's presence? At His ascension. I do not see how an argument based on order of fulfillment, which as far as I know is never explicitly spelled out in the Scriptures, and doesn't add up in the Adventist scheme anyway, can overrule direct texts.

Last edited by tall73; 03/05/08 03:44 AM.
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: Tom] #96250
03/05/08 03:49 AM
03/05/08 03:49 AM
T
tall73  Offline
MO
 Originally Posted By: Tom Ewall
It seems to me that Daniel needs to be considered in conjunction with Hebrews. For example, if there's any merit to the 2300 day prophesy, as SDA's understand it, then *something* happened in 1844. The author of Hebrews would no doubt have been aware of that.

Regarding the points Rosangela has been making about the cleansing involving judgment, Daniel seems to bring this out. One would assume that the writer of Hebrews would not be writing in a vacuum, but taking Daniel into account.

I do not think we can really adequately discuss every facet at once. But for now here is something I recently wrote up on the 2300 days day of atonement imagery. I didn't use my normal formatting just because it takes a long time to reformat for this board. I don't intend to get into a long discussion of it because it is not my biggest issue. If Hebrews says that Jesus entered in to begin the fulfillment of the DOA in His time then that seals the fate of the Adventist interpretation of the 2300 days.
---------------

Some years back Doukhan noted that the animals in Daniel chapter 8 are markedly different from those in chapter 7. All of the animals in chapter 7 are unclean animals--lion, bear, leapord, and the indescribable beast. But the animals in chapter 8 are clean, sacrificial animals--goat and ram. This underscores the sanctuary setting of chapter 8.

These animals also suggest two possible sources of imagery involving a restoring/cleansing of the sanctuary. I was reading in a fairly recent dissertation at Andrews when I came across this interesting information.

Here are the two possible sources of imagery:

1. Day of Atonement
The day of atonement sacrifices included rams and goats, and also a cleansing of the sanctuary:

Lev 16:11 And Aaron shall bring the bullock of the sin offering, which is for himself, and shall make an atonement for himself, and for his house, and shall kill the bullock of the sin offering which is for himself:
Lev 16:12 And he shall take a censer full of burning coals of fire from off the altar before the LORD, and his hands full of sweet incense beaten small, and bring it within the vail:
Lev 16:13 And he shall put the incense upon the fire before the LORD, that the cloud of the incense may cover the mercy seat that is upon the testimony, that he die not:
Lev 16:14 And he shall take of the blood of the bullock, and sprinkle it with his finger upon the mercy seat eastward; and before the mercy seat shall he sprinkle of the blood with his finger seven times.
Lev 16:15 Then shall he kill the goat of the sin offering, that is for the people, and bring his blood within the vail, and do with that blood as he did with the blood of the bullock, and sprinkle it upon the mercy seat, and before the mercy seat:
Lev 16:16 And he shall make an atonement for the holy place, because of the uncleanness of the children of Israel, and because of their transgressions in all their sins: and so shall he do for the tabernacle of the congregation, that remaineth among them in the midst of their uncleanness.
Lev 16:17 And there shall be no man in the tabernacle of the congregation when he goeth in to make an atonement in the holy place, until he come out, and have made an atonement for himself, and for his household, and for all the congregation of Israel.
Lev 16:18 And he shall go out unto the altar that is before the LORD, and make an atonement for it; and shall take of the blood of the bullock, and of the blood of the goat, and put it upon the horns of the altar round about.
Lev 16:19 And he shall sprinkle of the blood upon it with his finger seven times, and cleanse it, and hallow it from the uncleanness of the children of Israel.

Lev 16:5 And he shall take of the congregation of the children of Israel two kids of the goats for a sin offering, and one ram for a burnt offering.
Lev 16:6 And Aaron shall offer his bullock of the sin offering, which is for himself, and make an atonement for himself, and for his house.

2. Hezekiah's Cleansing ritual

During the time of Hezekiah we also see a service that includes rams and goats and involves a cleansing of the temple.

2Ch 29:3 He in the first year of his reign, in the first month, opened the doors of the house of the LORD, and repaired them.
2Ch 29:4 And he brought in the priests and the Levites, and gathered them together into the east street,
2Ch 29:5 And said unto them, Hear me, ye Levites, sanctify now yourselves, and sanctify the house of the LORD God of your fathers, and carry forth the filthiness out of the holy place.
2Ch 29:6 For our fathers have trespassed, and done that which was evil in the eyes of the LORD our God, and have forsaken him, and have turned away their faces from the habitation of the LORD, and turned their backs.
2Ch 29:7 Also they have shut up the doors of the porch, and put out the lamps, and have not burned incense nor offered burnt offerings in the holy place unto the God of Israel.

2Ch 29:16 And the priests went into the inner part of the house of the LORD, to cleanse it, and brought out all the uncleanness that they found in the temple of the LORD into the court of the house of the LORD. And the Levites took it, to carry it out abroad into the brook Kidron.
2Ch 29:17 Now they began on the first day of the first month to sanctify, and on the eighth day of the month came they to the porch of the LORD: so they sanctified the house of the LORD in eight days; and in the sixteenth day of the first month they made an end.
2Ch 29:18 Then they went in to Hezekiah the king, and said, We have cleansed all the house of the LORD, and the altar of burnt offering, with all the vessels thereof, and the shewbread table, with all the vessels thereof.
2Ch 29:19 Moreover all the vessels, which king Ahaz in his reign did cast away in his transgression, have we prepared and sanctified, and, behold, they are before the altar of the LORD.

2Ch 29:21 And they brought seven bullocks, and seven rams, and seven lambs, and seven he goats, for a sin offering for the kingdom, and for the sanctuary, and for Judah. And he commanded the priests the sons of Aaron to offer them on the altar of the LORD.

Both involve the same animals and deal with cleansing of the temple. Interestingly both also involve OTHER animals besides the ram and goat. The ritual of the day of atonement also included a bull. The ritual of Hezekiah had lambs and bulls.

So the question is which is closer to the scene painted in Daniel 8? Which one is the likely source of imagery (if indeed either are)?

Here is the portion of the vision of Daniel 8 dealing particularly with the sanctuary and its cleansing:

Dan 8:9 And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land.
Dan 8:10 And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.
Dan 8:11 Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down.
Dan 8:12 And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.
Dan 8:13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?
Dan 8:14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

The defilement in Daniel 8 is due to an imposition by the little horn power. It casts down the place of the sanctuary and took away the daily sacrifice.

The question of Daniel 8:13 asks how long will all this defilement last? Daniel 14 gives a termination date, the sanctuary will be cleansed from the defilement of the little horn after 2300 days.

Now the cleansing in Lev. 16 was from sin, uncleaness and transgression. It was not a cleansing from pollution as such but a cleansing from sin. It was not due to an outside force defiling the temple as much as the sins of the people.

The cleansing in 2 Chronicles under Hezekiah also was as a result of the sins of idolatry and neglect, though primarily on the part of the priests and the kings. And it had a more tangible element. The temple was literally restored physically and defiling elements were cast out. In other words it had been polluted. The temple had been defiled by Ahaz who had cast out the vessels of the sanctuary. It had collected unclean elements (perhaps idols) that could be removed. It was then reconsecrated.

So in Daniel is the emphasis primarily on cleansing from the sins of the people or on cleansing from pollution and outside defilement?

The answer seems to be that the temple was defiled by the little horn. The cleansing of the temple in verse 14 is the response to the question--how long the trampling?, etc.

The story of Hezekiah seems to be a somewhat closer parallel to Daniel 8 than Leviticus 16 is. The defilement is the result of pollution, not the sins of the people. It is in this case from an outside source, the little horn, not the sins of God's people directly.

--------------

Besides the reference being to the sins of the little horn rather than all the people of God we also have the issue that the question of verse 23 said for how long the trampling etc. But the Adventist answer, 1844, does not make sense. The papacy was not stopped in 1844. Nor was the temple cleansed then, but would have STARTED to have been cleansed in the Adventist view. It made more sense when the Adventists under Miller expected 1844 to be the END of the world, and the cleansing of the world temple. Then 1844 would have really been the end of the little horn power and its activities. But it makes no sense in its current form. The little horn power is doing fine.

Nor do we have any real evidence that ANYTHING happened in 1844.
Prophecies are meant to show God's omniscience. It is demonstrated that there is none like God telling the end from the beginning. The Adventist prophecy of the 2300 days does not do that at all. There is no fulfillment according to the Adventist interpretation that can be examined. At best we have EGW saying that God ordained the movement, and intentionally obscured a mistake in the figures to bring it about. So the only evidence of the prophecies fulfillment according to the Adventist view is the mistaken Millerite movement.

Last edited by tall73; 03/05/08 03:57 AM.
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: tall73] #96251
03/05/08 06:15 AM
03/05/08 06:15 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
 Quote:
Nor do we have any real evidence that ANYTHING happened in 1844.
Prophecies are meant to show God's omniscience. It is demonstrated that there is none like God telling the end from the beginning. The Adventist prophecy of the 2300 days does not do that at all. There is no fulfillment according to the Adventist interpretation that can be examined. At best we have EGW saying that God ordained the movement, and intentionally obscured a mistake in the figures to bring it about. So the only evidence of the prophecies fulfillment according to the Adventist view is the mistaken Millerite movement.

Thanks for the response, Tall. There's a lot here, and you already have an involved conversation going, so I'll just comment on this last part.

Prophecy is not for the purpose of demonstrating God's omniscience. Scripture never makes this claim.

Quote:
10Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

11Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it. (Isa. 46:10,11)

God says what will happen ahead of time so that when the thing happens that He says will happen, it will be seen that He did what He said He would. Prophecy demonstrates that God keeps His Word.

It also serves to identify things that are prophesied (e.g., the Messiah; little horn, to name a couple of things).

But nowhere does Scripture record God saying something like this: "I have prophesied these things ahead of time so that you will know that I know everything."

So the fact that the 2300 year prophecy does not do this is not significant.

The 2300 day prophecy is built on the historic view of prophecy, which was the dominant school of though until the Great Disappointment, when futurism became the popular school of thought. When considering prophecy, it's not simply considering the 2300 day prophecy that needs to be considered, but the whole school of thought in regards to prophecy (historical(?), futurism(?), preteritism(?)) that needs to be considered.

And of course, righteousness by faith comes into the picture as well, to correctly interpret Hebrews. So there's a lot to consider. Not an easy question.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: Tom] #96253
03/05/08 01:07 PM
03/05/08 01:07 PM
T
tall73  Offline
MO
[quote=Tom Ewall]

Thanks for the response, Tall. There's a lot here, and you already have an involved conversation going, so I'll just comment on this last part.

Prophecy is not for the purpose of demonstrating God's omniscience. Scripture never makes this claim.

Quote:
10Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

11Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it. (Isa. 46:10,11)

My main point was stated in the next statement, which you seem to agree with. God knows the end from the beginning, and does set that up as a test. But there is no way from our viewpoint to look back on 1844 and see evidence of God knowing the end from the beginning.

Quote:

The 2300 day prophecy is built on the historic view of prophecy, which was the dominant school of though until the Great Disappointment, when futurism became the popular school of thought. When considering prophecy, it's not simply considering the 2300 day prophecy that needs to be considered, but the whole school of thought in regards to prophecy (historical(?), futurism(?), preteritism(?)) that needs to be considered.

A. We can look at historicism some time perhaps.

B. Historicism does not have to be wrong for our view of the 2300 days to be wrong. For instance we make an assumption that the prophecy begins at the same point as the 70 weeks. But the vision might be more in line with it beginning with the trampling of the little horn.

Last edited by tall73; 03/05/08 01:08 PM.
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: tall73] #96294
03/05/08 07:46 PM
03/05/08 07:46 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
 Quote:
note I did NOT say the passover was fulfilled then. I said Pentecost, dedciation, daily, red heifer, and according to the text the entrance of the day of atonement.

Yes, but notice what you are contending:
Passover – fulfilled in the order and timing of the type
Wavesheaf – fulfilled in the order and timing of the type
Pentecost – fulfilled in the order and timing of the type
Atonement – fulfilled out of the order and timing of the type

In fact, your view would make Atonement occur before Pentecost, for I think nobody believes Christ took ten days to arrive in heaven. But if Christ arrived in heaven much before Pentecost, and if the order and timing of fulfillment of the feasts is not important, why did Christ wait ten days to fulfill the antitype of Pentecost?

Quote:
Now you have yet to explain why Adventists do not have literal fulfillments of the fall feasts. The feast of tabernacles was allegorized to a time period rather than a day. The day of atonement is stretched out to 150 plus years rather than a day. And frankly nothing happened to demonstrate that it even occurred. Therefore I am not sure your argument on the feasts is at all consistent. If it is a pattern then why don't these feasts match up?

As I asked you before, do you believe that the fulfillment of Pentecost lasted one day, or that it began at a specific day? I believe in a Pentecostal era. Supernatural miracles and manifestations of the Spirit lasted several decades – in fact, seven decades if we consider the death of the apostle John as the end of this period. So, the duration of the antitypes is not restricted to a single day – either in the Spring feasts or in the Fall feasts.
By the way, when do you think the feast of Tabernacles was/will be fulfilled?

Quote:
The bottom line is you admit it is a day of atonement reference. It is clear the author applies it to Jesus entrance.

As I see it, Paul’s comparison/contrast with the Day of Atonement in v. 24 is not in the ACT OF ENTERING, but in THE PLACE ACCESSED, that is, the presence of God. Paul says Christ did not enter a sanctuary made by humans, but entered into the direct presence of God. Paul’s comparison/contrast with the Day of Atonement in vv. 25, 26 is, again, not in the ACT OF ENTERING, but in the OFFERING PRESENTED. While offerings had to be presented every year by earthly high priests, Christ offered Himself once for all and His blood is efficacious for ever.

Quote:
But you reject it based on your notion of what must be the order, rather than on what the text says.

There are many aspects involved here. The order of the feasts is just one of them. I see a punctiliar Day-of-Atonement antitype at Christ’s ascension as impossible, since the sins of God’s children in the Christian era hadn’t yet been committed and, therefore, could not have been blotted out. Besides, no scapegoat was banished to the wilderness in AD 31 (unless you believe the scapegoat is Christ, which I think is a view which presents more problems than advantages); neither do I see as a solution the placing of a lapse of 2000 years between the fulfillment of the first part of the type and the fulfillment of the scapegoat.
If you opt for a Day-of-Atonement antitype which began at ascension and is still going on, instead of 150+ years, you have a stretching of 2000 years to deal with.
By the way, which is your position - a punctiliar fulfillment or an ongoing fulfillment?

Quote:
Did EGW emphasize the TIMING of the entrance?

She says in a symbolic vision, as you quoted, that Jesus passed from one compartment to the other in 1844.

Quote:
Now you are altering the type. You emphasized the time coinciding. But it clearly does not for the repentance. It happens in real time.

I’m not sure what you mean, but of course repentance is an attitude of the human heart, and only repentance can be a type of repentance.
The important point I'm pointing out is that the Bible is clear about the aspect of judgment on the Day of Atonement.

Quote:
We agree that the judgment, based on the response to the gift, happens at the end.

Of course until the last minute while atonement lasted people still had a chance to repent and be forgiven. Two things could be pointed out here. First, this judgment occurred while atonement lasted. And second, it was each person’s own attitude which determined his/her fate on that day. God simply recognized the person’s choice.

Quote:
The question I am asking is when does Hebrews indicate Jesus made purification for sins? At His ascension.

At His ascension? I apply these words of Paul to the cross.

Quote:
When does it Describe Him in Day of Atonement language entering into His Father's presence? At His ascension.

The essence of the Day of Atonement was not just entering into God's presence. It was entering God's presence in order to cleanse the sanctuary. Evidently, if Christ had left the presence of God to come to earth, He would come back to the presence of God at His ascension, sanctuary or no sanctuary. The question is, Did Christ enter into the presence of God at His ascension in order to cleanse the sanctuary?

Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: Rosangela] #96296
03/05/08 08:11 PM
03/05/08 08:11 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
 Quote:
My main point was stated in the next statement, which you seem to agree with. God knows the end from the beginning, and does set that up as a test. But there is no way from our viewpoint to look back on 1844 and see evidence of God knowing the end from the beginning.

The purpose of prophecy is not to establish that God knows the end from the beginning, but that He will do what He says He will do. We have all sorts of prophecies which we have seen fulfilled, so we have every reason to believe that God is trustworthy. Since we know God is trustworthy, based on what we've seen in many other prophecies, which *can* be verified, we can trust that in the 2300 day prophecy that He would do what He said He would here as well.

Your reasoning seems to be that God can not prophecy about anything that He is doing in heaven, because we have know way of verifying that prophecy. But again, His purpose in the prophecy could simply be to tell us what He is going to do. It doesn't have to be verifiable, as, if this were a necessary condition, God could never prophecy about anything He is doing in heaven.

Regarding your point about the 2300 day prophecy need not be interpreted as SDA's interpret it, but historicism could still be the correct framework for prophecy, I agree with this point. Usually people who make the arguments you are making in regards to Hebrews are futurists, but I have no reason to believe that logically this need be the case. So I agree with you that, given your understanding of Hebrews, your suggested alternative interpretation regarding the little horn is a viable possibility.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: Tom] #96298
03/05/08 08:35 PM
03/05/08 08:35 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
God would not give information of what happens in Heaven without a purpose. So, what is the purpose?

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: vastergotland] #96306
03/05/08 09:30 PM
03/05/08 09:30 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
The purpose is to prepare for the coming of Christ.

Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: Tom] #96318
03/05/08 11:09 PM
03/05/08 11:09 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Is it accomplishing its purpose?

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: Does Blood Defile, Does Blood Cleanse, or Does Blood Do Both? [Re: Tom] #96322
03/06/08 01:13 AM
03/06/08 01:13 AM
T
tall73  Offline
MO
 Originally Posted By: Tom Ewall
 Quote:

The purpose of prophecy is not to establish that God knows the end from the beginning, but that He will do what He says He will do. We have all sorts of prophecies which we have seen fulfilled, so we have every reason to believe that God is trustworthy. Since we know God is trustworthy, based on what we've seen in many other prophecies, which *can* be verified, we can trust that in the 2300 day prophecy that He would do what He said He would here as well.

Your reasoning seems to be that God can not prophecy about anything that He is doing in heaven, because we have know way of verifying that prophecy. But again, His purpose in the prophecy could simply be to tell us what He is going to do. It doesn't have to be verifiable, as, if this were a necessary condition, God could never prophecy about anything He is doing in heaven.

Regarding your point about the 2300 day prophecy need not be interpreted as SDA's interpret it, but historicism could still be the correct framework for prophecy, I agree with this point. Usually people who make the arguments you are making in regards to Hebrews are futurists, but I have no reason to believe that logically this need be the case. So I agree with you that, given your understanding of Hebrews, your suggested alternative interpretation regarding the little horn is a viable possibility.

The little horn was the cause of the defilement. The cleansing would be dealing with that defilement. The 2300 days was to bring an end to its work. The Adventist view simply does not qualify. Instead of showing how the little horn power came to an end and the defilement it caused was cleansed it reads in the day of atonement which dealt not with external defilement of the sanctuary but cleansing from the sins of all of God's people.

Last edited by tall73; 03/06/08 02:10 AM.
Page 19 of 39 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 38 39

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!