East meets West!

Posted By: Lorelei Grecian

East meets West! - 01/23/01 04:57 AM

Hiyo, Birdwatchers!

This past weekend in Fredericton, NB, there was a rare but wonderful chance to see two vagrant birds perched on the same tree.

One was a VARIED THRUSH, from west of the Rockies, and the other a FIELDFARE, from Europe. Many birders rushed in to see both of these birds, but only a few were able to see both together. Unfortunately, I wasn't one of them. But word has it that they are still both around. So there is still a chance!

Happy birding!

Lorelei

Posted By: Daryl

Re: East meets West! - 01/23/01 06:02 AM

Hi Lorelei!

Seeing that I am also living in the Fredericton, NB area, I would like to know how you know about this.

Did Dedreic see it or them?

Maybe I need to do some bird watching with my video camera.

Daryl

Posted By: Lorelei Grecian

Re: East meets West! - 02/05/01 08:31 PM

Hi, Daryl!

This last reported sighting of the Field fare was as follows:

The FIELDFARE (Grive litorne) was well seen again today, February, 04, 2001 on Elgin Street. Elgin Street is not a very long street (approx. 200 metres), that runs between Kings College Road and Lynhaven Street. It was first seen at about 9:30 am and was still in that general area until at least noon.

The last posting of the varied thrush was:

It was found at 874 York Street on Wednesday at noon and Thursday at 10 a.m. and at noon. On each occasion it was seen in the large tree just beyond the far end of the building. This is at the Unitarian Fellowship Hall.

Dedreic has seen both birds, however, I have only seen the thrush.

Happy birding!

Lorelei

© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church