HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,593
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (ProdigalOne, dedication, TruthinTypes, Kevin H, 2 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
General Discussion
3 hours ago
Some online commentators are speculating that the large pro Hamas protests against Israel among the intellectual elite and Ivy League students is a precursor. As these future leaders take the reins of power, it may lead to the withdrawal of US support for Israel in the coming years. Considering the widespread belief in dispensationalism and the rebuilding of the third temple, among American evangelicals and mainline Protestant Christians, could the threat of withdrawing support for Israel be a catalyst for a power grab in which church and state to unite?
0 2 more...
The Search For Truth
Yesterday at 08:15 PM
Back to a more direct focus on the subject of this thread.-- I fully agree, Daniel gives a lot of examples, or types, for events to take place in the last days.

I found your parallel of Daniel 3 as a type of the national Sunday law, and Daniel 6 as a parallel or typ of the universal Sunday law, quite interesting. Never thought of it that way, but it makes sense!

Daniel 3 pictures a leader anxious for the "greatness" of his kingdom. The prophecy of Babylon falling and being replaced by lessor kingdoms greatly disturbed him and he was determined to create an image signifying Babylon would last forever. (See EGW's article YI Feb.2,1904)

In like manner it seems the national Sunday law will come in with the idea of making America great again, and saving it from the deteriorating effects of climate change. There are probably a whole lot more lessons here! Like taking a true revelation pointing to worship of the true God, and counterfeiting it, into worshipping a mere man. "The grand lesson which God had given to the heathen through the vision of the great image, was misconstrued and misapplied." Counterfeited.
8 184 more...
The Search For Truth
Yesterday at 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by TruthinTypes
The AI phenomena is very interesting. It makes me think of how Christ shows the end from the beginning. Mrs. White says concerning the days just before the flood:

"But if there was one sin above another which called for the destruction of the race by the flood, it was the base crime of amalgamation of man and beast which defaced the image of God, and caused confusion everywhere." 1SP 69.1

I can't prove it, but it seems to me that we are now experiencing an amalgamation of man and computer, which will be followed with the same consequences, only this time with fire.

That amalgamation, I'm afraid, is FACT and increasing more and more by the hour!

People are now cloning themselves!
People around the globe are creating digital 'clones' to work for them in the real world, allowing them to enjoy life and still make a million-dollar salary.
They create 'clones' of themselves and have taught their digital persona to interact just like the real person.

Delphi who said it uses podcasts, videos, PDFs and other similar content to generate an accurate clone capable of mimicking the user's thoughts and speech - and the process can take as little as one hour.

'The clone will learn how they think about the world,'

What's even more staggering is that people ask their clone for counsel!!!!

The start-up Coachvox.AI has customers who pay up to $47 a month to access a digital clone of themselves - with the clone offering life coaching and business coaching based on the real person's thoughts.

People are making digital clones of themself
8 184 more...
The Search For Truth
Yesterday at 02:22 AM
The AI phenomena is very interesting. It makes me think of how Christ shows the end from the beginning. Mrs. White says concerning the days just before the flood:

"But if there was one sin above another which called for the destruction of the race by the flood, it was the base crime of amalgamation of man and beast which defaced the image of God, and caused confusion everywhere." 1SP 69.1

I can't prove it, but it seems to me that we are now experiencing an amalgamation of man and computer, which will be followed with the same consequences, only this time with fire.
8 184 more...
The Search For Truth
Yesterday at 02:14 AM
In looking at the first six chapters of Daniel as a type of the National and Universal Sunday laws, certain aspects can be seen that help us to know with certainty what to expect. This applies in both the physical and spiritual realms.

In the spiritual realm there is often the question of when do we receive the seal of God. The Spirit of prophecy lets us know that we are not sealed when the first Sunday law test comes, as it 'is the great test for God?s people.'

"The Lord has shown me clearly that the image of the beast will be formed before probation closes; for it is to be the great test for the people of God, by which their eternal destiny will be decided? In Revelation 13 this subject is plainly presented;" (Revelation 13:11-17, quoted).

"This is the test that the people of God must have before they are sealed. All who prove their loyalty to God by observing His law, and refusing to accept a spurious sabbath, will rank under the banner of the Lord God Jehovah, and will receive the seal of the living God. Those who yield the truth of heavenly origin, and accept the Sunday sabbath, will receive the mark of the beast?" (15MR 15.1-3)

In another place she lets us know when we do receive the seal:

"About four months since, I had a vision of events, all in the future. And I saw the time of trouble, such as never was,--Jesus told me it was the time of Jacob's trouble, and that we should be delivered out of it by the voice of God. Just before we entered it (Jacob's time of trouble), we all received the seal of the living God." (DS, March 14, 1846 par. 2)

When the Sunday law has gone global, it is then that Michael stands up and human probation closes. Then God?s people are plunged into Jacob's time of trouble. (GC 615-616)

The same thing is shown in Daniel. As we saw in the quotes in the first part, the raising of the image in Daniel 3 represents the raising of the Sunday law in America. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego represent God's people who are standing under the three angels messages as the Sunday law is enacted. They are thrown into the fiery furnace because of their refusal to bow to the image. The Bible records that 'they fell down bound in the midst of the burning fiery furnace.' God's people are not sealed at this point, because it is the great test they must have before they are sealed.

Two things are destroyed as a result of this test. The mighty men that cast Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego into the furnace, and the bands that bound them. The destruction of these two things represent the final victory over our inherited and cultivated defects of character. It is in the heat of the trial that these things will be destroyed. This trial will be significant, in that we will experience wholesale persecution, reproach, hatred and contempt. Martyrs will also be produced.

It is interesting to note that these men had to successfully pass through the testing trials of Daniel 1 and Daniel 2 before they could pass through the test of Daniel 3. The same principle applies to the three angels' messages and the sanctuary. It is always the first two that prepare for the survival of the third.

This can be shown in type with the two angels that visited Lot. It was because of the instruction of those two angels that Lot survived the destruction of Sodom. 'Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot? Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.' Luke 17:26-30

The same is true with the two spies, or messengers (Josh. 6:25) who came to Rahab in Jericho. Again, it was only because of the instruction given by these two men that she knew to gather her family into her home, and to place the scarlet line out the window, thus enabling them to survive the destruction of the city. The scarlet line is the same as the blood on the doorpost, representing the atonement and merits of Christ, which caused the destroying angel to pass over.

Daniel 1, 2, and 3, are identical with the three angels, and these three angels are in turn, identical with the Courtyard, Holy Place, and Most Holy Place. The three testing temptations of Christ in the wilderness are also the same as the three tests of Daniel 1-3. The first temptation and Daniel 1 are on appetite, the second temptation and Daniel 2 are on presumption and prophecy, and the third temptation and Daniel 3 are about worship.

Daniel 4 and 5 represent the completion of the mystery of Godliness and the mystery of iniquity in each of the two classes of people. As a result of the seven times that Nebuchadnezzar passed through, just as the three Hebrews passed through the furnace heated seven times hotter, he is represented as having excellent majesty added unto him. (Dan. 4:36) Belshazzar, on the other hand, knew what Nebuchadnezzar passed through, but failed the test, and judgment was pronounced against him. These two men represent two classes of people.

The first class receive the seal of God, and the latter receive the mark of the beast. Just as they are sandwiched between chapter 3 and 6, so the spiritual condition of the two classes of people are brought to completion simultaneously between the National and Universal Sunday laws. The one class now perfectly reflects the character of Christ, and the other perfectly reflects the character of Satan.

Daniel 6 represents God?s people as sealed. Daniel is found with 'an excellent spirit within him,' and as 'faithful, neither was there any error or fault found in him.' (Daniel 6:3-4) Each group now have either the seal or the mark, and are prepared for the final battle.
0 42 more...
Canadian City Hall
Yesterday at 12:25 AM
We may be out of electricity soon.
Black outs will become very common.
And they want cut back on other energy sources and even have all cars running on electricity?
A few snippets from Epoch News

As federal net-zero policies attempt to shift transportation, heating, and other essentials onto the electric grid, one of the hottest growth sectors of America?s economy is poised to increase electricity demand exponentially, further straining an energy infrastructure that is being pushed into the red.

Data centers, the so-called ?brains of the internet,? are industrial warehouses packed with rows upon rows of servers. They process, communicate, and store the data behind everything from bank records, online retailers, and social media platforms to Netflix shows and your personal iPhone videos.

Data warehouses consumed 17 gigawatts of electricity in 2022, or about 4 percent of total U.S. consumption. This is projected to double to 35 gigawatts by 2030.

A mere 10-foot-square space within the average data center consumes about 10 times as much electricity as the average home,.....AI computing doesn?t use CPUs [central processing units], but GPU-based systems instead, the GPUs [graphics processing units] are tailored to better handle complex mathematical functions,? he said. ?But there?s a catch: they draw between five and 10 times more power than similarly equipped CPU systems.?

This hefty increase in electricity demand strains a grid that is already predicted to feature power shortages and routine rolling blackouts in the coming years.
4 340 more...
The Search For Truth
Yesterday at 12:10 AM
AI project: enabling people to talk to their departed loved ones?

AI has progressed in its ability to mimic specific physical voices, a practice called voice cloning. It has also been getting better at injecting digital personas?whether cloned from a real person or completely artificial?with more of the qualities that make a voice sound ?human.?

As it turns out, to create a digital replica of someone with a good chance that it would look like a convincingly authentic representation, you need data?and lots of it. HereAfter, whose work starts with subjects when they are still alive, asks them questions for hours?about everything from their earliest memories to their first date to what they believe will happen after they die.
The company then took those responses and started stitching them together to create the voice assistants.

After my parents died, I could communicate with them through the Alexa app on a phone or an Amazon Echo device. I was eager to hear them? When I finally opened the file, my hands were shaking. I hadn?t seen my actual, real parents for six months.
The overall experience was undeniably weird. Every time I spoke to their virtual versions, it struck me that I could have been talking to my real parents. On one occasion, my husband mistook my talking as an actual phone call. When he realized it wasn?t, he rolled his eyes, tutted, and shook his head, as if I were completely deranged.

The video technology itself looked relatively slick and professional?though the result still fell vaguely within the uncanny valley, especially in the facial expressions. At points I had to remind myself that she wasn?t really there.
8 184 more...
The Search For Truth
04/21/24 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by ProdigalOne
?Through the two great errors, the immortality of the soul and Sunday sacredness, Satan will bring the people under his deceptions.? ChS 160.1

As the statue of Daniel 3 was supported by two great legs, and the two lamb like horns of the second beast of Revelation 13 (church and state) unite to ?causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads?, it seems likely, the two great errors will work together to support the hoodwinking of the world.

Since, the Marian apparitions are demonic impersonations of dead Mary, it is almost certain that this pseudo immortal soul will proclaim the absolute necessity of Sunday observance.

Thank you ProdigalOne. As we see how people are able to fool others with AI, how much more can the demon's work with their deceptions.
8 184 more...
Adult Sabbath School
04/21/24 09:41 PM
Wow!
This quarters lessons dig deep.
Notice at the bottom of each Sabbath day's page there is reference to chapters in Great Controversy that are being referenced.
The lessons then use the historical backgrounds to draw lessons for us in our Christian life.

The first lesson covered the origin of Sin --
A mighty, powerful, intelligent, beautiful angel challenges God and His government.
After all, aren't angels intelligent and fully capable of thought, reasoning and choosing what they want and don't want. Aren't they holy? They don't need God telling them what they can and can't do. So he worked, stealthfully at first then more openly to convince the angel's that God's laws are restrictive, and that he would offer them a more exalted existence, they could be like god, be their own god.

The question arises, if God knew one of His intelligent, beautiful angels would rebel against Him, why did He create that angel?

If it wouldn't have been that particular angel that rebelled, sooner or later another would have. The only way to avoid it would have been NOT to created thinking, reasoning beings who had the power of choice.
But God wants people, angels, to serve Him because they love and trust Him, not because they are programed to do so.

He could have wiped Lucifer out right then and there,,
What would that have accomplished?
All the other angels would have served out of fear and dread.

So God said, OK Satan, you cannot stay in heaven, for sin cannot live in heaven.
BUT, you can demonstrate your idea of a kingdom on one planet .

In the Garden of Eden where Adam and Eve lived, there was one tree that had forbidden fruit.
Satan was allowed access to that one tree. He could not follow Adam and Eve around the garden, and Adam and Eve were warned concerning this enemy.
But if they ate of that one tree. They listened to his lies and the gates of sin were opened. Satan and his angels could roam the earth and plague the human race, teaching them to disregard God, and be their own "gods".

You won't die, (you are immortal) Satan told Eve on the fateful day, you will be like god! (Defining your own right and wrong)

And that has been his alluring lie to mankind ever since.
And most believe him.

Inspite of the death, misery and woe, Satan's reign has given mankind; so many still believe they've achieved a higher level of existence by operating independent of God.
0 18 more...
General Discussion
04/21/24 08:07 PM
Well, if Tim Roosenberg's interpretation of Daniel 11 is correct. (And he may well be right)
the King of the South (Muslims) are doing a lot of pushing, (not just Iran but other muslim powers as well).
The Papal world (king of the north) is not yet springing into action, but when they do they (including the union of papal and USA) will launch a massive assault on the king of the south, overrunning him, wiping out some and bringing the rest under his domain.
Jerusalem will be vindicated and established as a center in the great false religion.

But it will all come to an end, as Christ stands up to deliver the children of the NEW Jerusalem which is in heaven.
3 94 more...
Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Israel/Hamas Support and the Image of the Beast
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 11:21 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 10:58 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!