HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,568
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (TheophilusOne, 2 invisible), 3,109 guests, and 15 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
The Search For Truth
12 hours ago
Do you think it could be assisted by Marian apparitions?
2 94 more...
General Discussion
04/18/24 08:51 PM
Just another example of man manipulating the weather and then he will blame global warming.
The United Arab Emirates is one of the first countries to use cloud seeding technology in the Arabian Gulf region. As some parts of the desert region see a year of rainfall in a matter of days, some people are wondering if the rain-stimulating technology is to blame.
529 238,439 more...
General Discussion
04/14/24 11:00 PM
It looks like we have come to the brink, and there is nothing to keep it from spreading with Israel and its allies on one side and another axis of evil on the other. Similarly to the great conflicts before, the world is being lined up behind one side or the other, and we wait...

What can we share with others spiritually at this time..
0 47 more...
SDA Church Fundamental Beliefs
04/14/24 08:46 PM
14:16 Then I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate to be with you forever
17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot accept, because it does not see him or know him. But you know him, because he resides with you and will be in you.

18 “I will not abandon you as orphans, I will come to you.

19 In a little while the world will not see me any longer, but you will see me; because I live, you will live too.
20 You will know at that time that I am in my Father and you are in me and I am in you.

23 Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and take up residence with him.

16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. For he will not speak on his own authority, but will speak whatever he hears, and will tell you what is to come.
14 He will glorify me, because he will receive from me what is mine and will tell it to you.
15 Everything that the Father has is mine; that is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what is mine and will tell it to you.
16 In a little while you will see me no longer; again after a little while, you will see me.” ?

8 454 more...
04/14/24 06:39 AM
Jesus is revealing the awesome oneness of God yet three persons.

To see Jesus is to see the Father, yet they are two, but still they are one.
14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
14:8 Philip said unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it suffices us.
14:9 Jesus said unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that has seen me has seen the Father; and how say you, Show us the Father?
15:24 but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.

The Comforter comes in Christ's name, and speaks for Christ.
Christ was "in the Father" God the Father was "in Christ"l two living distinct persons, who are "one".
So the Spirit is "in Christ" and "Christ is in the Spirit". three distinct living person, who are "one".

14:26 The comforter which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name,
15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceeds from the Father, he shall testify of me:
16:13 he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will show you things to come.
16:14 He shall glorify me

When one member of the eternal Godhead is present, the fullness of the Godhead are present.
14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Quantum physics is trying to figure out how two or more objects can be distinct, yet their relational "entanglement" means they operate as one. Scientists are searching and finding some rather amazing, but imperfect information.

But the true and perfect "entanglement", that is beyond scientific knowledge, originates in the Godhead -- three living persons, but One God.

The Father is all the fullness of the Godhead bodily, and is invisible to mortal sight. The Son is all the fullness of the Godhead manifested. The word of God declares Him to be "the express image of His person." "God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." Here is shown the personality of the Father. {BTS, March 1, 1906 par. 1}
The Comforter that Christ promised to send after He ascended to heaven, is the Spirit in all the fullness of the Godhead, making manifest the power of divine grace to all who receive and believe in Christ as a personal Saviour. There are three living persons of the heavenly trio. In the name of these three powers,--the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, those who receive Christ by living faith are baptized, and these powers will cooperate with the obedient subjects of heaven in their efforts to live the new life in Christ. {BTS, March 1, 1906 par. 2}
8 454 more...
The Search For Truth
04/13/24 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by TruthinTypes
Part One:

Viewed as a type, the first six chapters of Daniel can help us to see how the National Sunday law will take effect in the United States, and then become the Universal Sunday Law as it goes global.

The key to understand a type, is to find the key that unlocks the type. In this case, Mrs. White provides the key for us in the following quotes:

"History will be repeated. False religion will be exalted. The first day of the week, a common working day, possessing no sanctity whatever, will be set up as was the image at Babylon. All nations and tongues and peoples will be commanded to worship this spurious sabbath. This is Satan's plan to make of no account the day instituted by God, and given to the world as a memorial of creation."

"The decree enforcing the worship of this day is to go forth to all the world. In a limited degree, it has already gone forth. In several places the civil power is speaking with the voice of a dragon, just as the heathen king spoke to the Hebrew captives."

"Trial and persecution will come to all who, in obedience to the Word of God, refuse to worship this false sabbath. Force is the last resort of every false religion. At first it tries attraction, as the king of Babylon tried the power of music and outward show. If these attractions, invented by men inspired by Satan, failed to make men worship the image, the hungry flames of the furnace were ready to consume them. So it will be now. The Papacy has exercised her power to compel men to obey her, and she will continue to do so. We need the same spirit that was manifested by God's servants in the conflict with paganism? So it was in the case of the three Hebrew worthies; their eye was single to the glory of God; their souls were steadfast; the power of the truth held them firmly to their allegiance to God. It is in the power of God alone that we shall be enabled to be loyal to him." (ST, May 6, 1897 par.14- 16)

"By many, the Sabbath of the fourth commandment is made void, being treated as a thing of naught; while the spurious sabbath, the child of the papacy, is exalted. In the place of God's laws, are elevated the laws of the man of sin--laws that are to be received and regarded as the wonderful golden image of Nebuchadnezzar was by the Babylonians. Forming this great image, Nebuchadnezzar commanded that it should receive universal homage from all, both great and small, high and low, rich and poor." (Ms 24, 1891; 19MR 243.4)

These quotes give us the reference point we need in order to understand Daniel as a type. Mrs. White is letting us know that the raising of the image on the plain of Dura is the same as the raising of the Sunday law. This point of reference, found in Daniel 3, is the key, and allows us to see that the sequence of events of that time, will in turn portray the events which will attend the Sunday law in our time.

In this context, it is interesting to note that the book of Daniel is divided into two distinct parts, history and prophecy. Though there is a prophecy in Chapter two, the first six chapters deal primarily with historical events, and the last six chapters are devoted to prophecy.

Daniel chapter 3 and 6 represent two points in time for God's people, one illustrating the National Sunday law, and the other the Universal Sunday law. Neither of these events can be predicted based on time, but are only points in time, and as such can only be predicted as events. Since October 22, 1844, prophecy moved from the stream of time to the stream of events.

Daniel 3 is a 'revealing' test. In other words, no one knew who would bow to the image and who would not. As a result of this test, a class of people are now revealed, or identified, that were not identified before. Two classes of people are produced, a majority, and a minority; those who bowed and those who did not. The same will be true at the first Sunday law time period in the United States. No one knows who will yield to the mandate to worship on Sunday, and who will not.

Daniel 6, on the other hand, is a highly targeted test. In this case the identity is known, and a test is devised with the specific intent to destroy Daniel. So it will be with God?s people at the Universal Sunday law time period. Just as there was a 'writing,' or decree, that went out in Daniel?s time with consequences, so there will be a writing that goes out in the Universal Sunday law time period.

"Then I saw the leading men of the earth consulting together, and Satan and his angels busy around them. I saw a writing, copies of which were scattered in different parts of the land, giving orders that unless the saints should yield their peculiar faith, give up the Sabbath, and observe the first day of the week, the people were at liberty after a certain time to put them to death." EW 282.2

This writing is the same as that of Daniel 6:9-10; and it is the same as that of Queen Esther's time: "The decree which is to go forth against the people of God will be very similar to that issued by Ahasuerus against the Jews in the time of Esther." 5T 450.1 This statement is also a key that unlocks the account of Esther, Mordecai and Haman as a type, but is not the subject for now.

The point to make is that types can show us things in a tangible way that will help us to correctly test our experience as we pass through these events. In other words, even though prophetic time is no longer, God does not leave His people in the dark. He gives us waymarks so we know what to expect, what we are passing through, and what is yet to come. "Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure." Isaiah 46:10

I have divided this into parts for shorter reading, and as we go, we will see what the herald of Chapter 3:4 represents, what it means when Nebuchadnezzar speaks, why the three Hebrews were given a second chance, why Darius fought to save Daniel from the lion?s den, and so on. Each of these events show something of the events that are soon to occur with us.
Something will set these men to do this, it will be of such magnitude that they will think it has to be done, and they will pass these mandates...
2 94 more...
The Search For Truth
04/12/24 07:16 PM
Part One:

Viewed as a type, the first six chapters of Daniel can help us to see how the National Sunday law will take effect in the United States, and then become the Universal Sunday Law as it goes global.

The key to understand a type, is to find the key that unlocks the type. In this case, Mrs. White provides the key for us in the following quotes:

"History will be repeated. False religion will be exalted. The first day of the week, a common working day, possessing no sanctity whatever, will be set up as was the image at Babylon. All nations and tongues and peoples will be commanded to worship this spurious sabbath. This is Satan's plan to make of no account the day instituted by God, and given to the world as a memorial of creation."

"The decree enforcing the worship of this day is to go forth to all the world. In a limited degree, it has already gone forth. In several places the civil power is speaking with the voice of a dragon, just as the heathen king spoke to the Hebrew captives."

"Trial and persecution will come to all who, in obedience to the Word of God, refuse to worship this false sabbath. Force is the last resort of every false religion. At first it tries attraction, as the king of Babylon tried the power of music and outward show. If these attractions, invented by men inspired by Satan, failed to make men worship the image, the hungry flames of the furnace were ready to consume them. So it will be now. The Papacy has exercised her power to compel men to obey her, and she will continue to do so. We need the same spirit that was manifested by God's servants in the conflict with paganism? So it was in the case of the three Hebrew worthies; their eye was single to the glory of God; their souls were steadfast; the power of the truth held them firmly to their allegiance to God. It is in the power of God alone that we shall be enabled to be loyal to him." (ST, May 6, 1897 par.14- 16)

"By many, the Sabbath of the fourth commandment is made void, being treated as a thing of naught; while the spurious sabbath, the child of the papacy, is exalted. In the place of God's laws, are elevated the laws of the man of sin--laws that are to be received and regarded as the wonderful golden image of Nebuchadnezzar was by the Babylonians. Forming this great image, Nebuchadnezzar commanded that it should receive universal homage from all, both great and small, high and low, rich and poor." (Ms 24, 1891; 19MR 243.4)

These quotes give us the reference point we need in order to understand Daniel as a type. Mrs. White is letting us know that the raising of the image on the plain of Dura is the same as the raising of the Sunday law. This point of reference, found in Daniel 3, is the key, and allows us to see that the sequence of events of that time, will in turn portray the events which will attend the Sunday law in our time.

In this context, it is interesting to note that the book of Daniel is divided into two distinct parts, history and prophecy. Though there is a prophecy in Chapter two, the first six chapters deal primarily with historical events, and the last six chapters are devoted to prophecy.

Daniel chapter 3 and 6 represent two points in time for God's people, one illustrating the National Sunday law, and the other the Universal Sunday law. Neither of these events can be predicted based on time, but are only points in time, and as such can only be predicted as events. Since October 22, 1844, prophecy moved from the stream of time to the stream of events.

Daniel 3 is a 'revealing' test. In other words, no one knew who would bow to the image and who would not. As a result of this test, a class of people are now revealed, or identified, that were not identified before. Two classes of people are produced, a majority, and a minority; those who bowed and those who did not. The same will be true at the first Sunday law time period in the United States. No one knows who will yield to the mandate to worship on Sunday, and who will not.

Daniel 6, on the other hand, is a highly targeted test. In this case the identity is known, and a test is devised with the specific intent to destroy Daniel. So it will be with God?s people at the Universal Sunday law time period. Just as there was a 'writing,' or decree, that went out in Daniel?s time with consequences, so there will be a writing that goes out in the Universal Sunday law time period.

"Then I saw the leading men of the earth consulting together, and Satan and his angels busy around them. I saw a writing, copies of which were scattered in different parts of the land, giving orders that unless the saints should yield their peculiar faith, give up the Sabbath, and observe the first day of the week, the people were at liberty after a certain time to put them to death." EW 282.2

This writing is the same as that of Daniel 6:9-10; and it is the same as that of Queen Esther's time: "The decree which is to go forth against the people of God will be very similar to that issued by Ahasuerus against the Jews in the time of Esther." 5T 450.1 This statement is also a key that unlocks the account of Esther, Mordecai and Haman as a type, but is not the subject for now.

The point to make is that types can show us things in a tangible way that will help us to correctly test our experience as we pass through these events. In other words, even though prophetic time is no longer, God does not leave His people in the dark. He gives us waymarks so we know what to expect, what we are passing through, and what is yet to come. "Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure." Isaiah 46:10

I have divided this into parts for shorter reading, and as we go, we will see what the herald of Chapter 3:4 represents, what it means when Nebuchadnezzar speaks, why the three Hebrews were given a second chance, why Darius fought to save Daniel from the lion?s den, and so on. Each of these events show something of the events that are soon to occur with us.
2 94 more...
04/11/24 03:38 PM
Is that based upon reading for understanding or is that based upon preconceived ideas?
8 454 more...
General Discussion
04/11/24 03:24 PM
Like: Don't protest against the red army or they will kill you.
175 20,803 more...
General Discussion
04/11/24 03:20 PM
Eclipses are caused by global warming!

Sunny Hostin is an example of why no one should believe in this farce.

WATCH: Sunny Hostin Suggests Solar Eclipse Is Proof Of Climate Change #TYT
529 238,439 more...
General Discussion
04/11/24 03:18 PM
I'm still confused how they hope to reduce sun coverage by spraying things in the atmosphere. When you look at the global cloud cover radar maps, most of the world is under cloud cover most of the time. Very little sun overall. Just a few spots for a few days at a time.

Unless they already are contaminating our atmosphere with aluminum particles and what not.
529 238,439 more...
General Discussion
04/06/24 09:12 PM
I see from this site?s flag counter, China has overtaken Canada for the number two slot at 22,296. Singapore is just behind Canada in the number four position with 19,584 individual visits. It is interesting to note that the majority of Christians in Singapore are of Chinese derivation.

Is there a wave of Christian conversions taking place among the Chinese?
0 99 more...
General Discussion
04/05/24 03:04 PM
And don't forget that those plants breathe in Carbon Dioxide, therefore Carbon Dioxide is important to their survival, as Oxygen important to our own survival.
8 613 more...
General Discussion
04/05/24 02:59 PM
Is the government fighting the ruling?
175 20,803 more...
Canadian City Hall
04/05/24 10:46 AM
The majority of government actions these days seem to be directed toward the destruction of the middle class: inheritance taxes that steal 50% or more from farmers passing land to children, the same for homes and other property of non rural people, the attack on children and young adults via the LGBT+ agenda, designed to destroy family lines, the constant and increasing war on Christianity, the degradation of education where youth accrue crippling lifetime debt for useless and unproductive degrees (gender studies), the programming of our children toward the communist viewpoint, the increasing economic pressure of millions of low skilled aliens hostile to our culture and of course Christianity. We are being encouraged to give up on ownership and move into cities, where there will be plenty of duplexes and apartments waiting for us, doubtless as part of the 15 minute cities/open prison agenda.

Since, the middle class is largely a result of Protestantism, and the vast majority of Protestants are middle class, it is not a stretch to see that the group behind this is that which was created specifically to destroy the Protestant Reformation: Jesuitism with its communist slogan of The Common Good. Once their objective is accomplished, the world will return to its former feudal state with the Church at its head.
1 150 more...
Canadian City Hall
04/02/24 08:59 PM
Why is there such a move to destroy Canadian culture? (As well as USA culture)

Canada's big spending, tax raising, prime minister announces:
" in Dartmouth, N.S., on April 2, saying his government intends to create a Canada Housing Infrastructure Fund, which will allocate $1 billion dollars to municipalities for urgent infrastructure needs and a further $5 billion for longer-term projects."

It is to --
"to allow for the construction of more duplexes, triplexes and other homes the release referred to as ?missing middle? homes"
--include a three-year freeze on development charges -- (in other words, builders must build cheap as the price of goods is escalating exponentially, but they must not increase their building charges)
--includes a new Renters? Bill of Rights, demanding the home owners disclose rental prices that were in effect in earlier years. AND setting up a court to protect renters.

The need for cheap housing isn't based on any large growth amongst long term Canadians, it stems largely because Canada has seen, and is promoting a huge population increase due to immigration inflow from Asian, Middle Eastern countries, India, Africa

The reason we worry about vast numbers of immigrants is NOT because of skin color, but because they tend to try and impose their values and culture (which they are often fleeing from) onto the country which receives them and offers them freedom. Too many immigrants in too short a period of time will change North American culture and values.
In the modern agenda of things, Canada and the USA need to be brought down from their cultural "advantage" in order to be leaders in the common good goals that will be imposed on the whole world. Does that have a communist ring? Is there a movement behind all this shifting and mixing populations.

1 150 more...
General Discussion
04/02/24 04:40 PM
Not sure what is true and what is NOT.
one thing obvious though is this whole climate change propaganda is being used to bring in a lot of strange things that have the potential to destroy the world whether or not climate change itself poses a danger.

Feb. 28, scientists from NASA and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) released a report detailing a solution called ?intentional stratospheric dehydration,? or in layman?s terms, flying planeloads of ice to 58,000 feet and spraying ice particles into the upper atmosphere.EpochTimes source

See the report:
Science Advances
We introduce a climate intervention strategy focused on decreasing water vapor (WV) concentrations near the tropopause and in the stratosphere to increase outbound longwave radiation. The mechanism is the targeted injection of ice-nucleating particles (INP) in air supersaturated with respect to ice at high altitudes in the tropical entryway to the stratosphere. Ice formation in this region is a critical control of stratospheric WV. Recent airborne in situ data indicate that targeting only a small fraction of air parcels in the region would be sufficient to achieve substantial removal of water. This ?intentional stratospheric dehydration? (ISD) strategy would not counteract a large fraction of the forcing from carbon dioxide but may contribute to a portfolio of climate interventions by acting with different time and length scales of impact and risk than other interventions that are already under consideration. We outline the idea, its plausibility, technical hurdles, and side effects to be considered.

At this point its still in the "study" stage, but it's scary what people are purposing to do to earth's natural balances put there by our Creator.
529 238,439 more...
Life Of Christ
04/01/24 11:10 PM
It's been awhile since we looked at this study.
There are still a few more verses in chapter five.
What do they mean for us????
5:42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that [cometh] from God only?
5:45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is [one] that accuseth you, [even] Moses, in whom ye trust.
5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
5:47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

John chapter five is a gold mine for those wanting to understand the judgment!
Some of these gold nuggets have been brought forward in the studies on the previous verses, but they only scratch the surface.

What does "having the love of God in us" have to do with the judgment?
How does the "name" connect to judgment?
How does "the one we honor" relate to the judgment?
What does Moses have to do with judgment?

All these questions, have answers that lead to important concepts that fill in details of the judgment.
200 93,299 more...
Bible Study
03/31/24 09:44 PM
The Seven Trumpets announce the judgment of the Seven Plagues, which will be unlike anything humanity has ever experienced or will be. God will not pour out a terrible, intense wrath of God without warning upon the impenitent world.

Hebrew sanctuary had the trumpet feast, which lasted longer than any other feast in Israel for the warning the Day of Atonement was approaching; the feast of the Tabernacle lasts eight days, the feast of unleavened bread for seven days, and the feast of the Trumpet for nine days.

John received the visions in AD 95-96. The seven trumpet messages parallel the type of trumpet feast, the chief end of which is to warn of God's execution judgment in the seven plagues.

John saw that the seven angels had the vials of the seven plagues at the time of his vision, and we find God, accordingly, incidentally gave a warning to escape the punishment in the Seven Trumpets. How long will people cherish their unbiblical ideas and feel safe following famous scholars? The Seven Trumpet message is undoubtedly the warning of the Seven Plagues!

The interlude between the seven churches and the seven seals emphasizes releasing the judgment from the throne room, culminating in the final sealing. Another interlude occurs between the Seven Trumpets and the Seven Plagues, which unmasks Satan's identity in chapters twelve through fourteen before the Seven Plagues pour out.

Some scholars consider the Seven Trumpets' background historical rather than a sanctuary. To fit their claim, they say the Seven Trumpets are historical events that unfolded over the last two thousand years. There is no application of sanctuary background whatsoever in their interpretation.

A blind leading a blind will undoubtedly fall into a ditch. Let us not be influenced by the false teachings any longer. It is so dangerous to ignore God's merciful warnings.

The Sixth Trumpet says that a command came out of the four horns, which denotes the sanctuary background, to release the four angels holding the four winds.

Rev. 9:14 "Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels ..."

Rev. 9:15 "And the four angels were loosed"

What would happen if the four angels in Chapter 7 released their hold because God finished the sealing work was accomplished? The following scenario should be unleashing the evil of the plagues. Rev. 9:15 mentions an instant event as the four angels lose their hold, "which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men." The Seven Plagues will poured out at maximum level by this appointed time.
944 416,675 more...
General Discussion
03/31/24 04:34 PM
In a fiery statement, the Trump campaign branded Biden's declaration "appalling" and part of a "years-long assault on the Christian faith".

?We call on Joe Biden's failing campaign and White House to issue an apology to the millions of Catholics and Christians across America who believe tomorrow is for one celebration only "the resurrection of Jesus Christ," Trump campaign spokeswoman Karoline Leavitt said.

Republican House of Representatives Speaker Mike Johnson also took aim at Biden, a practising Catholic, labelling the proclamation "outrageous and abhorrent" as well as a betrayal of the "central tenet" of Easter. (MSN)

Hegelian Principle in full swing!!!!
we can see that Biden's declaration is greatly effective in getting the Christian Right determined to put Trump in office, with his promises to give pastors power like they've never had before.
It's greatly effective in getting Catholics, Protestants and other moral faiths united in their struggle to take over government.

We are in the end game -- as outlined in Great Controversy.
"When the leading churches of the United States, uniting upon such points as they hold in common, shall influence the state to enforce their decrees and to sustain their institutions, then Protestant America will have formed an image of the Roman hierarchy and the infliction of civil penalties upon dissenters will inevitably result." GC 445

1 245 more...
General Discussion
03/31/24 11:50 AM
It is getting surreal what is happening today pushing what can only be called a unholy agenda..

"The White House on Friday announced 'transgender day of visibility' for March 31, which this year falls on Easter Sunday, ..https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/about-bidens-easter-transgender-day-of-visibility/

"WASHINGTON (AP) President Joe Biden is facing criticism from Donald Trump's campaign and religious conservatives for proclaiming March 31 which corresponds with Easter Sunday this year as 'Transgender Day of Visibility.'

The Democratic president issued the proclamation on Friday, calling on 'all Americans to join us in lifting up the lives and voices of transgender people throughout our Nation and to work toward eliminating violence and discrimination based on gender identity.'" ...https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-camp-assails-biden-declaring-231429283.html
1 245 more...
The Search For Truth
03/30/24 03:02 AM
David and Goliath Part Two.

As we have seen, the story of David and Goliath can also be seen as a type of the battle between Christ and Satan. It also has a closer application to us as individuals regarding the nature of self. 'Self' is a word that gets thrown around a lot, but is rarely understood for what it is. This account also has to do with the correct use of the will, as two kings are involved, David and Saul. One king has the Spirit of God, and the other king does not.

"The will is the governing power in the nature of man. If the will is set right, all the rest of the being will come under its sway. The will is not the taste or the inclination, but it is the choice, the deciding power, the kingly power, which works in the children of men unto obedience to God or to disobedience." (ML 318.3)

This concept can be seen throughout in the books of the Kings and Chronicles in the Bible. When the king does right in the sight of the Lord, the people also do right; and when the king does evil, the people in turn do evil. The same is true with us as individuals, when the will is set correctly, the thoughts and actions follow correctly.

Setting the Stage

There are three main players in our story; David, Saul, and Goliath; and in this type, each represent a certain attribute that is inherent in the human mind.

The account details a seemingly lopsided battle between two men. Goliath, a giant of a man, a trained fighter from his youth, armed to the teeth with the most modern weaponry of his time; and accompanied by a man with a shield, whose purpose is to deflect the offensive weapons of the opponent, and also to participate in the battle. The armor bearer could be both a defensive and an offensive asset as needed.

David, on the other hand, is a simple shepherd, armed only with a staff and a slingshot, with some stones he picked up out of a creek.

There is a lot riding on this battle between these two men. Only one man will be left standing, and which ever one that is will determine which nation will be subjected to the other. That would be like the USA and Russia each sending its best man, and whoever won, that man?s country would rule. Wow!! Safe to say, there would be a pretty serious selection committee!

David's Opponent

1 Samuel 17:4-7
V4. And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span.

V5. And he had a helmet of brass upon his head, and he was armed with a coat of mail; and the weight of the coat was five thousand shekels of brass.

V6. And he had greaves of brass upon his legs, and a target of brass between his shoulders.

V7. And the staff of his spear was like a weaver?s beam; and his spear?s head weighed six hundred shekels of iron; and one bearing a shield went before him.

V33. And Saul said to David, Thou art not able to go against this Philistine to fight with him: for thou art but a youth, and he a man of war from his youth.

There are two significant things that stand out about Goliath. First of all, he is an extremely formidable opponent all by himself. Take away his body armor, weapons, and his armor bearer, and that still leaves a twelve-foot tall man (1SP370.1) who has been trained in the arts of war from his youth.

The other thing to notice is his weapons systems. It includes both an offensive and a defensive system. Even though he is tough and capable with up to date weapons, he is not so arrogant to think he will never face someone who could possibly hurt him. With that in mind, his strategy also includes a highly sophisticated defense system. The principle behind this system is to protect him from a lethal wound, and to enable him to maintain his ability to utilize the offensive weaponry he has.

Goliath as a fighter trained in war from his youth represents our inherited defects of character, and his weapons and defenses represent the acquired tendencies to evil in our character, or, our cultivated defects of character. Combined, they make up the part of us that we term as 'self'.

The first comes from the law of genetics, that is, the traits of character handed to us at our birth which we have no control over. Exodus 20:5, "visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me."

These inherited defects of character are what starts us down the path of wrong thoughts and resulting behaviors. They begin to give shape to the walls which will confine us. Or put in a different way, they mar the lens through which we see and interact in life.

The second, the acquired tendencies, stems from the fact that in our ignorance or indifference of what we have inherited, we begin to defend our wrong thoughts and behaviors, and acquire new ones along the way. In other words, these are what add the strength to our walls, until they become an impregnable fortress, or more to the point, a prison of our own making.

Some of the defensive armor could include pride, fear, envy, doubt, guilt, bitterness, insecurities and so on. If you think about it, these kinds of emotions justify, or protect, our wrong thoughts and behaviors. When these behaviors are confronted, that same thing which lies within us called self, will then choose the appropriate offensive weapon to neutralize our perceived opponent. Instead of swords, spears, and daggers, our weapons take on the form of anger, deceit, silence, sarcasm, joking, etc. These perceived opponents are friends, loved ones, spouses, coworkers, inspired counsel, unfair treatment, circumstances, and the like.

The Challenge of Goliath

Verses 8-11 gives us the details of Goliath?s challenge:

V8. And he stood and cried unto the armies of Israel, and said unto them, Why are ye come out to set your battle in array? Am not I a Philistine, and ye servants to Saul? Choose you a man for you, and let him come down to me.

V9. If he be able to fight with me, and to kill me, then will we be your servants; but if I prevail against him, and kill him, then shall ye be our servants, and serve us.

V10. And the Philistine said, I defy the armies of Israel this day; give me a man, that we may fight together.

V11. When Saul and all Israel heard those words of the Philistine, they were dismayed, and greatly afraid.

Who is Goliath Calling Out?

Is this just some generic challenge, hoping that anyone will take the bait? Or was it more specific?

Goliath was the biggest man in their camp. Who was the biggest man in Israel? In 1 Samuel 9:2 we are told that Saul "was a choice young man, and a goodly," and that "from his shoulders and upward he was higher than any of the people."

So each man, Goliath and Saul, are the tallest men of their respective nations.

Goliath is calling king Saul out, and he realizes that if he gets the king he gets the people too.

The Bible says that Saul was afraid, and the people also. Saul and all of Israel knew full well that he was no match for Goliath.

Here in our case with poor Saul, a king represents the will. The Spirit of Prophecy defines the will as the governing, or kingly power. So, putting that into perspective, Goliath, representing our defects of character, is coming to Saul, who represents us with an unsanctified will, with the proposition that whoever wins will rule.

The Bible helps us to see this in Romans 6:16: Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

So this challenge is all about who is going to obey who. Does the will power win out, or self?

The Contrast Between David and Saul

In 1 Samuel 16:13-14, we read that "Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren: and the Spirit of the Lord came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel rose up, and went to Ramah."

"But the Spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the Lord troubled him."

One has the Spirit of the Lord, and the other doesn?t. It was when Saul was 'little in his own sight' that he was anointed king over Israel. But now, the Spirit has been withdrawn.

In Saul?s case, without the Spirit, he would represent an unsanctified will. David, with the Spirit, would represent a sanctified will; the governing power being under the power and supervision of the Holy Spirit.

An unsanctified will is no match for deeply rooted character defects, and Goliath knows that he can easily take Saul, but what he doesn?t realize, is that it will be David instead of Saul whom he will fight. He will be fighting against the real king of Israel who has been anointed with the Spirit of God! Not only that, he will be confronted with a weapons system which on the surface appears simple, yet as he will soon find out, is highly effective.

This same concept regarding the two wills can also be seen in the account of the two kings of Luke 14:28-33, and they are also shown in the account of Esau and Jacob.

David?s Choice of Weapons

V38. And Saul armed David with his armour, and he put an helmet of brass upon his head; also he armed him with a coat of mail.

V39. And David girded his sword upon his armour, and he assayed to go; for he had not proved it. And David said unto Saul, I cannot go with these; for I have not proved them. And David put them off him.

As Saul compared David with Goliath, he faced the same problem that many of us have, that is, he could not think outside of the box. The point to make is that Saul saw Goliath as a man of war with all of his armor, and the only thing he knew was to fight him in the same way, with the same type of equipment. Saul did not know any other way to fight. It is the same concept as with Israel in Numbers 13:31-33, when the spies brought back their report of the giants in the land.

For us in the battle against self, our box can be preconceived ideas, church tradition, incorrect theology, education, personal bias, the list could go on, but these things can prevent us from truly experiencing the genuine article of righteousness by faith.

David could not use Saul?s armor, and as we have already seen, he relied instead on his sling and some well-chosen stones. They weren?t just any stones, but the Bible tells us that they were ?smooth? stones. They were worn smooth by the moving water, and when employed, they moved through the air with perfect accuracy. The water represents God?s Word, which is living and active in our lives, and these stones represent the promises that are contained in the Bible that enable us to defeat Satan in any form. These promises should also be worn smooth by our continued use, with confidence that they can never be worn out.

The Bible tells us that God?s Word will not return unto Him void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. (Isaiah 55:11) In this case, the stone was sent straight to the mark, and did not fail to accomplish its purpose. So it was with Christ in His battle with Satan, and so it is with us.

"You will be in constant peril until you understand the true force of the will. You may believe and promise all things, but your promises and your faith are of no account until you put your will on the right side. If you will fight the fight of faith with your will power, there is no doubt that you will conquer.

"Your part is to put your will on the side of Christ. When you yield your will to His, He immediately takes possession of you, and works in you to will and to do of His good pleasure. Your nature is brought under the control of His Spirit. Even your thoughts are subject to Him. If you cannot control your impulses, your emotions, as you may desire, you can control the will, and thus an entire change will be wrought in your life. When you yield up your will to Christ, your life is hid with Christ in God. It is allied to the power which is above all principalities and powers. You have a strength from God that holds you fast to His strength; and a new life, even the life of faith, is possible to you.

"You can never be successful in elevating yourself, unless your will is on the side of Christ, cooperating with the Spirit of God. Do not feel that you cannot; but say, "I can, I will." And God has pledged His Holy Spirit to help you in every decided effort." (ML 318.4-6)
3 260 more...
The Search For Truth
03/30/24 02:29 AM
Thank you for your encouraging words!
3 260 more...
Bible Study
03/27/24 12:35 PM
The sixth trumpet spoke as the plague in verse 20 of Ch. 9: "And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues..."

These plagues are specified as 1) fire and 2) smoke and 3) brimstone in verse 17.
The punishment of fire and smoke and brimstone aims at the three entities, which directed to 1) the dragon, and 2) the beast, and 3) the false prophets in the sixth plague. So obvious the sixth trumpet is the warning of the sixth plague!

1) Fire => the dragon, which represents paganism.
2) Smoke => the beast, which represents Catholic.
3) Brimstone => the false prophet, which represents apostate Christianity.

When the work of the sealing of God finishes, the holding of the four angels is to be released on the God's command. Rev. 9:14 "Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels ..."

The sixth plague and the sixth trumpet parallel with a key word of "in the great river Euphrates." It's a hint to pair up of the two together to see a big picture.

Rev. 16:12 "And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared."

Rev. 9:14 "Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates."

The river Euphrates has a connotation of end boundary. See Gen. 15:18 "In the same day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates."
944 416,675 more...
Bible Study
03/26/24 03:29 PM
Isa. 34:16 "Seek ye out of the book of the Lord, and read:
no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate:
for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them."

The four angels of Rev. Ch. 7:1-3 are the same angels who obey God's command to release their hold in Ch. 9:13.

Rev. 7:1-3 "And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth,
that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God:
and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,

Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees,
till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads."

Rev. 9:14 "Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels ..."

The Book of Revelation is a book of contrasts, in which we can find "her mate" and "no one of these shall fail."

"Hold" the four winds and "loose" the four angels demonstrate that its association to show a bigger picture. God commanded the four angels
to hold the winds until the sealing work progressed. When the sealing work of God is complete, the four angels have to lose their hold of the winds.

The wind represents evil according to Jer. 25:32 "Thus saith the Lord of hosts, Behold, evil shall go forth from nation to nation, and a great whirlwind shall be raised up from the coasts of the earth." v. 33 and 37 uphold it as the plagues of the fierce anger of the LORD.

One out of the seven trumpets announces the seven plagues are falling. In the truest sense, all of the other trumpets also announce the reality of the seven plagues falling upon the inhabitants of the earth.

Jeremiah spoke again in Jer. 49:37, saying evil is the plague:
"For I will cause Elam to be dismayed before their enemies, and before them that seek their life: and I will bring evil upon them, even my fierce anger, saith the Lord; and I will send the sword after them, till I have consumed them."
944 416,675 more...
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by TheophilusOne. 04/19/24 11:14 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!