What Different Kind of Pets Do We Have?

Posted By: Daryl

What Different Kind of Pets Do We Have? - 07/31/06 09:34 PM

What different kind of pets do we have?

We have a cat, named Toby, and a dog named, Jessie.

When I was a boy we had a budgie bird named Tweetie. He was a pet I will never forget. He had the freedom of the house as the door of his bird cage was left open most of the time, both day and night. The only time it was closed was when we all went away on a short trip. I remember as a boy in bed awakening and seeing the bird on the top of the dresser mirror. As long as he thought I was asleep, he stayed there, however, as soon as he realized I was awake, he flew down onto the bed and walked up to my head and onto my face chirping away. It was a sad day when he flew out of an open door and we never saw him again.
Posted By: summertime

Re: What Different Kind of Pets Do We Have? - 07/31/06 11:14 PM

I love the story of the budgie. I happen to be a lover of all animals. But my pets have always been little dogs. After our youngest daughter lost both her brother and sister in an auto accident we bought her a tiny schnauzer---she brought a smile to her lips for the first time in 3 weeks. We had 'Bitsie' for almost 19 years--I believe that the Lord allowed her to live so long becasue He knew that we needed her in our home. During that time we also adopted a little white poodle who lived for 12 years and we still miss him terribly. We called him TRoubles but he wasn't. Our only little dog now weighs in at 4 pounds--we call her Gabby because she was a noisy little pomeranian--she has lost some of her spunk as she grew older and today at 15 years of age she is still the joy of our lives.

Re: What Different Kind of Pets Do We Have? - 07/31/06 11:26 PM

We once had five cats and two dogs.

You can see one of our now departed cats, named Prince, as well as our current living dog, named Jessie. Both are on the top right of this forum.

Re: What Different Kind of Pets Do We Have? - 08/01/06 12:33 AM

Wondered who owned the pets at the top of the page. Good looking pets. 'summertime'

Re: What Different Kind of Pets Do We Have? - 08/01/06 06:04 PM

I would start a new topic about whether we can have our pets restored to us in heaven, but I do not know how to start a new topic. If GOd will give me 'the desire of my heart' surely he can recreate our little pets if that would be a part of what heaven would be like for us . Can someone start a new topic "Can we have a renewal of our pets in heaven if we ask for them".
Posted By: Redfog

Re: What Different Kind of Pets Do We Have? - 08/02/06 04:52 AM

Within our household we have 4 cats and 2 dogs. Down though the years we've owned, ferrets, rats, an iguana, finches, spiders, goats, chickens, ducks, snakes and many dogs and cats. Most, but not all, lived with us, some sleeping in our beds and generally being a integral part of our home.

Redfog

Re: What Different Kind of Pets Do We Have? - 07/20/19 01:30 AM

Things have changed over the years as we now have four cats, but no longer any dogs.
Posted By: James Peterson

Re: What Different Kind of Pets Do We Have? - 07/21/19 12:19 PM

I feel sorry for dogs since they come across as being too eager to please. It's as though they are suffering from a lack of any self-esteem. Cats on the other hand, are a TOTALLY different matter. They have massive egos and think they are the humans and humans are their pets. Maybe only dogs are going to heaven after all.

///
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church