Letter to the Brethren and Sisters in Camp Meeting at Ballarat

Posted By: vastergotland

Letter to the Brethren and Sisters in Camp Meeting at Ballarat - 02/09/07 03:26 PM

There is no hope for the success of any religious organization where criticism is cherished as a fine art and called spiritual discernment. Men might far better be blind to other's faults than to be inspired by that keen, detective spirit that will watch for defects in those whom the Lord loves, and through whom He works. We all need to humble ourselves, not to have an exalted idea of self. We must all give heed to the words of Christ, "Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Entire letter
Posted By: Will

Re: Letter to the Brethren and Sisters in Camp Meeting at Ballarat - 02/10/07 06:01 AM

That is a good statement Thomas. It is comforting to see that Ellen White was not a religion gestapo as others would have you believe.
It seems that people cant think for themselves based on what they read, or they do but have no understanding.
I will read the article in its entirety.
God Bless & Happy Sabbath,
Will
Posted By: Tammy Roesch

Re: Letter to the Brethren and Sisters in Camp Meeting at Ballarat - 02/17/07 04:19 PM

Thank you for posting that letter...I've read parts of it before but never in its entirety...as always, it shows how balanced her counsel is.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church