Evaluation of Canadian University College

Posted By: Daryl

Evaluation of Canadian University College - 06/25/09 03:26 AM

The purpose of this topic is to evaluate Canadian University College, therefore, those who have any personal knowledge about it, please post here in this topic.

Here's the link: http://www.cauc.ca/
Posted By: Murian

Re: Evaluation of Canadian University College - 06/25/09 05:22 AM

Daryl,
Thanks for the post on CUC. We are interested in finding out anything about it, besides from the website. I can't add anything to your question, but I can raise my own! What is it like? What is the faculty like? Is it held in high esteem in Canada? It seems to be a small college. Anyone can give us a first hand report?

thanks.
Murian

Re: Evaluation of Canadian University College - 06/28/09 01:28 AM

I also asked this at the CUC Group site on Facebook, therefore, if and when I receive any replies there, I will share them here.

Re: Evaluation of Canadian University College - 06/28/09 05:37 AM

Thanks, Daryl. Still watching and waiting.

Murian
Posted By: Green Cochoa

Re: Evaluation of Canadian University College - 06/29/09 04:03 PM

I can't say much about CUC. When I was best acquainted with it (I have visited the campus and had friends from there) it seemed to be a good school. However, that was too many years ago to be of any significance now, as I have noticed that colleges and universities can change greatly in as little as about four to eight years.

Students come and go. Teachers and staff often change positions or relocate. Universities in general seem prone to turnover, not just of people, but of general atmosphere and philosophy. There are some stabilizing factors, and some destabilizing ones. The ratio between these determines the specific rate of change.

The most important thing for students to remember as they enter college is that their own influence makes a difference, and can help to stabilize the entire campus for right, or to destabilize it with wrong. Students, like all of us, can never hope to find a perfect utopia, and every school will have faults. It is best to look for as much positive as possible, and to make a decided stand for what is good and right, regardless of what other students or teachers might say or think.

I encourage students who have high standards to run for student senate positions. Let them feel it is their responsibility to help fight evil with good, rather than to merely complain about the evil. Anybody can complain, and sometimes it is brave to speak out, but it takes the truest character to effect change through one's own positive actions.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: Evaluation of Canadian University College - 07/10/09 06:26 PM

Here is a file attachment that will, hopefully, answer your questions.

If not, then please ask again here.

Description: Information file about Canadian University College
Attached File
CUC Summary Document.pdf  (7 downloads)

Re: Evaluation of Canadian University College - 07/11/09 05:37 AM

Thanks, Daryl. That was just what we were looking for. One of our grandsons was here and we read it aloud so we could all find out some first-hand info. It sounds like just the right college for our two grandsons. I appreciate your efforts.

Murian

Re: Evaluation of Canadian University College - 07/12/09 07:03 PM

It took a little while, but, as you can see, I did finally receive a response by email with that file attached. smile
Posted By: wanda

Re: Evaluation of Canadian University College - 07/13/09 05:16 AM

I had attended C.U.C for 3 years before I transferred to Andrews University. It is small and therefore it's very easy to establish friendships. Infact, I still talk to some of the students I met there via facebook. There are a few drawbacks though.

I wouldn't send kids in grade 10-12 to the academy at all. At times they were found in the local downtown sportsbar, playing pool and smoking cigaretts, and there were no consequences. IN fact no one knew they were going. (I saw them) There certainly is no dress code being enforced either in the high shcool or college level. Girls can be found dressing indecent with low rider pants and low cut tops and nothing is done about it. There were several suicide attempts at the highschool dorm, and the staff were not properly trained to deal with the situation. Many of the students that hang around the lobbys hide in corners and act indecent. Again there is no supervision

My husband graduated from C.U.C with his B.A. in theology. If you're of a liberal mindset you'll fit well in a theology department.

Because C.U.C is a liberal art college ( emphasis on the liberal)If you want to party and have a good time, it's easy to find. If you want to study and just get your degree you can do that too.

Comared to C.U.C, I have found that the faculty at Andrews are much more spiritual and bible centered. Some professors offer pre-class bible sessions. You may spend a little more going to Andrews than C.U.C but the education is of higher quality both academically and spiritually.

The bottom line is C.U.C is more lack spritually and lifestyle wise.

Hope this helps

Re: Evaluation of Canadian University College - 07/13/09 11:05 PM

welcome Wanda.

Are you referring to C.U.C. as in Canadian University College in Alberta, Canada?

If so, then, as a thing is established on two or more witnesses, then I need to hear this from another eye-witness, therefore, if you know of such a person, please invite them here.
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church