Maritime Conference News & Announcements

Posted By: Daryl

Maritime Conference News & Announcements - 11/03/06 08:48 PM

I received the following news and announcement items from our Maritime Conference President, Elder Ken Corkum:

Evangelism Committee
On Wednesday Oct. 18 the Maritime Evangelism Committee met in Moncton. One of the outcomes was to embrace the Global Evangelism, Bob Folkenberg’s program. The three hour training weekend will be the Sabbath Feb. 17, and Sunday Feb. 18. At this point we want to hold the Sabbath meeting for the New Brunswick Churches in Moncton 3:00 – 6:00 p.m. and on Sunday 10:00 – 1:00 p.m. in the Metro Halifax area. These times and dates are presently “tentative” and the final confirmation will come when final details are made however if you would place these dates in your calendar for now. This workshop is for all pastors and laity willing to learn how to hold public evangelistic meetings.

Workers’ Meetings
The Pastors and Teachers will be joining in the Maritime Workers’ meeting on Sunday January 7, 2007. Teachers will begin shortly afternoon while the pastors in the evening. Teachers will stay until Monday noon while the Pastors will continue until Wednesday noon. Our Bible Study presenter will be Angel Rodriguez of the General Conference Bible Research Committee. A full schedule will be sent later.

Eight Weeks to Wellness
To help our churches and members to have the resource of a Health Seminar that they can present to the community, the Conference is sponsoring a Seminar Training event on the weekend of March 30 (Fri) until Sunday April 1 at the Dartmouth Church. The Seminar Eight Weeks to Wellness will certify those who attend so they can present the program will be presented by Dr. Dave White. More info about registration etc. will be coming however now is the time to be thinking of including this program in your church calendars. Both Kay Graca and Lea Lehmann have been certified and can answer any questions you may have on the program itself.

Perth-Andover
It was my delight along with President Mike Ortel of the Northern New England Conference to meet with the joint Boards of Perth-Andover (CN), Presquille and Oakfield (US) churches. What an affirmation was expressed on the work and leadership of Mark Harris and his wife Kate. They all want more of his service however recognized that in the three church district he was spending at least 40 hours a month just in driving to the appointments of the district. Jointly they agreed something had to be done. A committee was set up to study the issue however for starters they agreed that all three elders groups could meet in one meeting and save on two meetings per Month. I rejoiced in the spirit of the board members on unselfishly joining together to provide opportunities for Pastor Mark to do more training and equipping of the membership rather in driving between meetings and chairing committees. Is it time for others to take a look at this area.?

Pugwash Updates
Attached (Picture not included here) are the beginnings of placing the new tile in the washroom, much has been accomplished since. This week the permits finally arrived for the construction on the two new youth cabins. These will be constructed on the left side of the main field. The two rows of cabins demolished are pictured in attachment (Picture not included here).
Posted By: D R

Re: Maritime Conference News & Announcements - 10/06/07 03:56 AM

that was a great overview Daryl. do you have any updates from the Office?

Re: Maritime Conference News & Announcements - 10/13/07 02:20 AM

Since the last Triennial, the information coming from the Conference Office seems to have come to a halt, at least until the latest Maritime Pulse arrived in October, 2007.

I will glean some information from there and post it here.
Posted By: Gregory

Re: Maritime Conference News & Announcements - 02/03/08 02:16 PM

No news in 6.5 years. I guess nothing is happening in this Conference.

Re: Maritime Conference News & Announcements - 02/05/08 11:50 PM

I guess I have been negligent in posting the news of our conference here, therefore, I had better give this some regular attention. \:\)
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church