Education & Profession

Posted By: Will

Education & Profession - 06/28/05 12:45 AM

How would one go about becoming a nutritionist, herbalist or something along those lines where you go to school and get a degree, and can start working in this particular field?
Anyone know of any resources where this information can be found? How would an average joe get into the profession of healthy living [Big Grin]
God Bless,
Will
Posted By: Jan

Re: Education & Profession - 06/28/05 01:12 AM

Will, Marae is looking for you, she thinks she has a web site saved that lists colleges you can go for this. More later....

Re: Education & Profession - 06/28/05 01:41 AM

That is awesome Jan!! I found some colleges from searching online that even do distance education, but my fear is and this may sound odd to some, but I would prefer that this be in line with our health message and the SOP. I am looking forward to this:)
God Bless,
Will

Re: Education & Profession - 06/28/05 03:13 AM

http://www.naturalhealers.com/?goto=y&ot=naturopath_school

This is the link Marae gave me. I hope you can find something suitable. I did some of my college with distance learning, and you can check with the college if they will accept you disagreeing so long as you give supporting evidence. I found that a really neat way to study, because you are challenged and then have to dig for the answers. It worked out well.

We wish you the very best in your studies, congratulations on taking this important step.

Re: Education & Profession - 06/28/05 03:44 AM

Thanks Jan, that is a very good site. Could you expand a bit on what you meant by if I disagree with them and providing proof etc?
God Bless,
Will

Re: Education & Profession - 06/28/05 12:57 PM

Some colleges want you to answer exactly as they have presented it to you. Others are a little more open, and if you have an alternative answer and can show why you believe that, they will accept it. You can always check that out with them before you make your decision.

I believe you are really going to enjoy this!
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church