Pure water supplies B12 - ?

Posted By: kland

Pure water supplies B12 - ? - 08/12/19 04:40 PM

One quoted an article which said, "The yolk, on the other hand, provides a good dietary source of vitamin B12, riboflavin, "
Then he said, "Enjoy a well-cooked egg now and then!"

And later quoted Ellen White:

From here.

The discerning, open-minded reader who seeks the truth without the bias of personal opinions or preferences, will see in the following passage much to contemplate.

Originally Posted by Ellen White
Do not put yourself through as you have done, and do not go to extremes in regard to the health reform. Some of our people are very careless in regard to health reform. But because some are far behind, you must not, in order to be an example to them, be an extremist. You must not deprive yourself of that class of food which makes good blood. Your devotion to true principles is leading you to submit yourself to a diet which is giving you an experience that will not recommend health reform. This is your danger. {MM 286.2}
When you see that you are becoming weak physically, it is essential for you to make changes, and at once. Put into your diet something you have left out. It is your duty to do this. Get eggs of healthy fowls. Use these eggs cooked or raw. Drop them uncooked into the best unfermented wine you can find. This will supply that which is necessary to your system. Do not for a moment suppose that it will not be right to do this. {MM 286.3}
There is one thing that has saved life--an infusion of blood from one person to another; but this would be difficult and perhaps impossible for you to do. I merely suggest it. {MM 286.4}
The prayer of faith shall save the sick, and I beseech you to call for the elders of the church without delay. May the Lord help you, is my most sincere prayer. {MM 287.1}

Clearly, Mrs. White references the "eggs" as being the article of diet of which the message recipient had deprived himself, and she tells him he is an "extremist" for taking such a step. When, as The Wanderer already pointed out, Mrs. White says repeatedly we cannot prescribe a milkless, eggless (vegan) diet but that the issue will resolve itself in due time, it is a sin to ignore her counsel and to teach others contrary to the message we have been given.

Since Ellen White said eggs make good blood, and since he concluded that B12 is part of good blood, therefore, eggs supply all the B12 you need to make good blood, regardless of any fact contrary to the amount of B12 in eggs.

I recalled this after recently coming across another passage from Ellen White regarding pure water.

Using the same sort of logic, er, uhhm, "creative interpretation", we can observe Ellen White says:
In health and in sickness, pure water is one of heaven's choicest blessings. Its proper use promotes health. It is the beverage which God provided to quench the thirst of animals and man. Drunk freely, it helps to supply the necessities of the system and assists nature to resist disease. The external application of water is one of the easiest and most satisfactory ways of regulating the circulation of the blood. A cold or cool bath is an excellent tonic. Warm baths open the pores and thus aid in the elimination of impurities. Both warm and neutral baths soothe the nerves and equalize the circulation. {MH 237.1}

Since pure water supplies the necessities of the system, and B12 is necessary to the system, we can therefore conclude that pure water supplies the system with B12. Regardless of any facts to the contrary.

In fact, fiber is necessary to the body. Therefore eggs and water supply all the fiber we need.
Posted By: James Peterson

Re: Pure water supplies B12 - ? - 08/27/19 01:45 PM

What is your point: that the logic of the argument is wrong?
Posted By: kland

Re: Pure water supplies B12 - ? - 08/27/19 03:43 PM

Well, yes. Was that not clear?
Faulty logic self-generated to promote... (I'm not sure what, or not nice to say).
Posted By: James Peterson

Re: Pure water supplies B12 - ? - 08/27/19 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by kland
Well, yes. Was that not clear?
Faulty logic self-generated to promote... (I'm not sure what, or not nice to say).

Is there any merit in saying that SDA turn a blind eye to Rom. 14:17, "the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit"? Is it right to say that when they happen upon that verse, they stamp their feet, block their ears and cry, "Nananananananananaa!!!"?
© 2024 Maritime 2nd Advent Christian Believers OnLine Forums Consisting Mainly of Both Members & Friends of the SDA (Seventh-day Adventist) Church